• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

-Horizon-

ok, finally made it to the city area that was in the demo. Man, I'm gonna spend a lot of time looking for those gems under the islands.

ok, finally made it to the city area that was in the demo. Man, I'm gonna spend a lot of time looking for those gems under the islands.

I'd honestly recommend ignoring random gems until you get talismans to increase gem collection range. I fly around with five of them stacked now and it is a huge time saver.

Kyrios

Chapter 12:

homer-spinning-o.gif

Hedgey

special abilities have got to be one of the worst parts of this game's combat. You shouldn't get cancelled out of them. I can't remember the last time I've actually done anything with them.

special abilities have got to be one of the worst parts of this game's combat. You shouldn't get cancelled out of them. I can't remember the last time I've actually done anything with them.

It is almost always a better idea to use SP to charge your stasis fields rather than use the specials. The only situation specials are better are when there's nothing to throw.

Rarius

I don't really understand the SP gauge, I almost never have any in my bar and the only use for it I really feel is the ricochet throws

I don't really understand the SP gauge, I almost never have any in my bar and the only use for it I really feel is the ricochet throws

A lot of things reset it but the only way to charge it (short of an SP item pickup) is doing direct damage or being hit. Throws don't charge it at all, so if you're using stasis fields all the time you'll rarely see any SP gains.

I abuse stasis fields a lot, so most of the time I compensated by having talismans that charged SP on general item pickup.

Got the credits, and I'm pausing for a bit to do the side missions that reward costumes. Maybe also the ones that give pipe furniture.

I think the costume missions were my favorite missions in the original, and these are pretty great so far too.

Milijango

Only got the gem, upgrade, and giant nevi trophies left.

By my estimation it's going to take 3 hours of straight grinding. Ugh... bombcast time.

Grisby

Finished. Some of the last bits were kind of annoying, such as the
puzzle
bits, but overall I thought the end boss fights were neat.

The start of GR2 is slow, but I didn't mind it so much because it was clearly building on a bigger narrative. However, once the most important act (IMO) was over than the game just kept going kind of and not kind of nailing the main missions while also introducing a ton of not so fun sidequests on to the ones you had already done.

I'm happy I finished, but disappointed in that this isn't the shocking crazy AC1<AC2 sequel that I thought this was going to be. Oh, it started out that way, but it never quite grasped me with an amazing side mission, nor an intense combat scene (outside of the
raven fight and that whole dea
l, which was my favorite).

Want to write something up more this weekend but suffice to say I thought the game was fun. I wanted to like it a lot more though.

And the story goes places, that's for sure.

Mikey Jr.

Only got the gem, upgrade, and giant nevi trophies left.

By my estimation it's going to take 3 hours of straight grinding. Ugh... bombcast time.

The giant nevi one is fucked up.

You have to wait till there is some disturbance in each of those zones. So you have to wait till you get all 5.

I hate it, and I am officially giving up on the plat. 88% aint bad.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You have to wait till there is some disturbance in each of those zones. So you have to wait till you get all 5.

it's annoying because you have to keep checking back and forth (like per hour) if they've spawned.

Milijango

The giant nevi one is fucked up.

I hate it, and I am officially giving up on the plat. 88% aint bad.

I think I got lucky with the giant nevi; there's only one to go. And with 38K gems left before hitting all the upgrades, I don't need to wait around.

After the trophy I'm probably going to take one last walk through the cities. I'm nearing 50 hours but still haven't gotten around to an on-foot tour. Tricky for Jirga but I'm looking forward to it.

ChrisD

I think I got lucky with the giant nevi; there's only one to go. And with 38K gems left before hitting all the upgrades, I don't need to wait around.

After the trophy I'm probably going to take one last walk through the cities. I'm nearing 50 hours but still haven't gotten around to an on-foot tour. Tricky for Jirga but I'm looking forward to it.

Tried to on-foot tour a bit early on but I apparently lack finesse and kept running. Wanted to walk the streets.

Games need a walk button.

Late late game spoilers
and there's even a good speed in the game; just let me walk as slow as the Queen Alua sections whenever I want lol

The side missions are definitely hit or miss (more miss than hit) but I can't deny the charm that Kat brings to them.

I love her, "EHHHHHHHHH?!?!" lol.

Milijango

Tried to on-foot tour a bit early on but I apparently lack finesse and kept running. Wanted to walk the streets.

Games need a walk button.

Late late game spoilers
and there's even a good speed in the game; just let me walk as slow as the Queen Alua sections whenever I want lol

I'm surprised that there's no walk animation at all - that sequence still goes at jogging speed. Letting you go first person and still slide/shift gravity is a revelation though.

I got to the...Bigger part of the city.
I'm not sure I can ignore whole walls of gems @3@

I'm pretty sure they respawn. Don't do that to yourself!

-Horizon-

I'm surprised that there's no walk animation at all - that sequence still goes at jogging speed. Letting you go first person and still slide/shift gravity is a revelation though.

I'm pretty sure they respawn. Don't do that to yourself!
Welp
There goes a couple of hours lol

Milijango

I don't even have White Kat, so, uh...

The music's gotten a lot of praise, but how about those dynamic outros? The battle themes don't just fade out, they actually transition into a coda that almost always sounds really natural. While that's becoming more common, they even do it for one-off boss themes, like in this VERY SPOILERY video.

muteki

The side missions are definitely hit or miss (more miss than hit) but I can't deny the charm that Kat brings to them.

I love her, "EHHHHHHHHH?!?!" lol.
Really wish I could pan the camera up to the sky every time she does this.

I ended up getting over 400 dusty coins overnight. Wow, wish this lasted another week or so, then I would have everything.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You really don't. Once they spawn, they will stay that way for quite a while. It isn't just some 2 hour window you have to watch for.

Really? I guess they disappear after several hours.

I hated the last mining area. It took me almost 1 day for it spawn. Was going back and forth each hour for it to check if it spawned.

McFadge

Just got to level 26 or so of Delvool, was a nice surprise seeing
Raven there
. After that, I got to
Fi, but goddamn does he hit like a truck! Made it to the third stage, but I lost my 3 bells there. Need to get back!

Edit: Oh God, this made me think of what other things they might have in store for us... This could get painful.

Another green nevi wiped a Delvool run before it even got started, lol

I tried to play with the system clock to see the animations on the mechanical clock in Lei Colmosna, but taking the PS4 offline and setting the clock manually wasn't enough to trick the game somehow.

Baalzebup

Just got to level 26 or so of Delvool, was a nice surprise seeing
Raven there
. After that, I got to
Fi, but goddamn does he hit like a truck! Made it to the third stage, but I lost my 3 bells there. Need to get back!

Edit: Oh God, this made me think of what other things they might have in store for us... This could get painful.
Heh, I've been farming the last levels of Delvool for a few days now. I could tell you what remains, if you want. I can also keep mum if you want to be surprised.

Number45

They've definitely boosted the tokens - treasure hunts I'm 99% sure used to give 2 tokens but the one I did last night gave me 15. Maybe I'll get the worker outfit after all! \o/

Baalzebup

They've definitely boosted the tokens - treasure hunts I'm 99% sure used to give 2 tokens but the one I did last night gave me 15. Maybe I'll get the worker outfit after all! \o/
There is an ingame announcement about it. What it doesn't say is that it is a temporary boost lasting to the 7th of Feb.

Number45

There is an ingame announcement about it. What it doesn't say is that it is a temporary boost lasting to the 7th of Feb.
I must have missed that, thanks. I need to get through the story missions so that I can focus a little more on the online and challenges.

Noticed last night that I've been playing for over 20 hours, and it doesn't feel anything like that long. Really enjoying the game though I'll reiterate my previous opinion that some of the tougher combat missions are incredibly frustrating in this game to a point that I personally never felt was the case in the original.

Unless we're talking about different things, I'm not sure how so many of you are having all this trouble with the five special Nevi trophy. I got those "strange phenomena" announcement for each site at least three times each, at a certain point I even had them all five at the same time after I got them all. Did you guys ignore them at the beginning? Did they change something?
By the way, how do I get back to Delvool? I thought that going back to either one of the mining "people" would work, but the option is not showing up.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Anybody know how many gems you need to power up all of Kat's powers?

Unless we're talking about different things, I'm not sure how so many of you are having all this trouble with the five special Nevi trophy. I got those "strange phenomena" announcement for each site at least three times each, at a certain point I even had them all five at the same time after I got them all. Did you guys ignore them at the beginning? Did they change something?
By the way, how do I get back to Delvool? I thought that going back to either one of the mining "people" would work, but the option is not showing up.

Delvool is accessed by going to a mining site when a Gravity Storm is in progress, and then finding the gravity storm there (it's marked on the map). Before the patch you would just have to check the list, but now there's an announcement whenever one's going on in the notifications similar to the strange phenomena.

mcfizzle4

I like the idea of White Kat and switched to it as soon as I could but in reality Black Kat looks the best for me. Maybe it's because that's how I'm used to seeing her from the Vita and Remaster or maybe it just not as dramatic of a costume as I expected.

Top Bottom