• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

Those increased rewards are quite nice. I'll be sure to do more challenges and treasure hunts :D I believe that sending challenges to each friend singularly might be better, as this way you don't need to beat everyone in the friend list. But it takes more time.

Kindekuma

Banned
Listening to A Red Apple Fell from the Sky/Discovery of Gravitation now that I've beaten the game completely gives the song a whole new vibe to me. ;__;

It's so bittersweet, but good.

Finished it a couple days ago and what a blast it was to play.
I do still have some side-quests left but I'll get around to them in March with Ravens DLC.

So, what's the best way to farm gems? I already have the platinum and got the gem trophy from doing a minute-long section in rift plane
about 50 times and it was really boring. Anyone else know of anything good?

tsundoku

Replaying the start of mission 19 I believe is the quickest method.
Yeah I played 19 up to "Defeat the enemies without shifting gravity" and discovered how glad I am that those cheating beholder enemies dont appear much in the game.

Also if I worked on the game I REALLY would have put some kind of flat disc surface down on a lot of those hand-arenas because the most aggravating enemies from GR1 with the "orb slightly above the ground" return in full form on that rocky terrain.

SxP

That sequence just after they introduce Jupiter style was terrible. I lost control of my camera constantly, it was clipping through everything every time I hit a wall, and it just feels so hard to control. That style really isn't made for confined spaces. Hell, this entire game isn't suited to that kind of gameplay.

Kindekuma

Banned
That sequence just after they introduce Jupiter style was terrible. I lost control of my camera constantly, it was clipping through everything every time I hit a wall, and it just feels so hard to control. That style really isn't made for confined spaces. Hell, this entire game isn't suited to that kind of gameplay.

I read that people used first person during that mission and it helped a lot. In hindsight I should've done that too but it just never occurred to me.

SxP

I read that people used first person during that mission and it helped a lot. In hindsight I should've done that too but it just never occurred to me.

First person... I tried that once at the beginning of the game and then forgot all about it.

Cant trigger the kill 10 enemies with Lunar special even in the
Grigo'
s mission. I suck :(
So that's where I'm supposed to get that achievement. I guess the one for the Micro Black Hole would work as well, right?
EDIT: Or maybe that's not the right place.

Ferr986

Same here. I very nearly missed this series altogether - I guess I have GAF to thank.

Maybe there's not enough debris in the arena? I think I got mine from the tutorial part of the lunar mission (#9).

Maybe? I feel like a killed a shit ton of them but maybe not enough. I'll try that one you said. Thanks!

So that's where I'm supposed to get that achievement. I guess the one for the Micro Black Hole would work as well, right?
EDIT: Or maybe that's not the right place.

I did the black hole one there at first try.

Just started up the game again and I now have 2154 Dusty Tokens?! Damn, they sure boosted the aquisition rate. I have no interest in the rewards from this point on though, lol. That PSO2 outfit is nice too.

Milijango

Just started up the game again and I now have 2154 Dusty Tokens?! Damn, they sure boosted the aquisition rate. I have no interest in the rewards from this point on though, lol. That PSO2 outfit is nice too.

The boost is huge, but it's only til 7 Feb. Probably exists to make up for the server maintenance last week.

Cant trigger the kill 10 enemies with Lunar special even in the
Grigo'
s mission. I suck :(
I was in the same boat, even though similar trophies popped without having any trouble there.

Try replaying episode 11. Get to the part where
you blow up the bridge
, but instead of carrying out the mission, just focus on the enemies. Got the trophy with no sweat there.

Milijango

Yeah I don't think it will be enough to get the 1.0 Shifter costume. I'm still at around 1500ish Tokens :(

The costume is too subtle for my taste, but I'm considering 4K for the Talisman (don't know what it does) + gesture. I sort of expect to burn out on this game going for the platinum though...

Number45

Where do I see how many dusty tokens I have? I'm sure it's not a lot because I've been focusing on the story, but I'd like to know!

how do you do a Rocket Jump? everytime I use L and X , Kat just jumps :(

The other thing to keep in mind, besides the "start left stick from neutral position" tip, is that you have to tap X. If you're like me and you tend to hold down X when you press it, this won't register for rocket jumps. So don't linger on the X button after you press it.

tsundoku

The Grigo mission is perfect for micro black hole, make sure you're getting the meter off of the disparate Grigos but then saving it for when they're bunched up near the officers.

For Cat Claw I redid the defending Vogo's ship sidemission to get the meter / gem and then wait for the 9-10 soldiers to drop from one ship.

Lots of recommendations on the internet to do missions that have like 30 mins of forced movements just to get the opportunity to try it once, Like the recommendation to do Cat Claw on the singing mission after sneaking and following Night Gale and sneaking back up, too much time

Also the best advice I have for Rocket Jumps is to do it kind of like a smash attack in smash bros. I still took some getting used to but that helped me narrow down the timing window.

Welp. I'm about to move on to Yakuza and try to knock out as much of it as i can in time for Nioh next week. It's sure been a legitimate journey with GR2. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time (up there with Rez, GTA V, Half-Life 2) and friends typically tell me I'm hard to please cynical when it comes to games, so it's rare I gush like this over something. I've been telling EVERYONE they need to play this. I've gotta 4 people to buy it (they all really like it so far) and I'm gonna start lending my copy to other friends to try and support Japan Studio and Team Gravity.

Boy I've never had such a hard time stopping myself from playing a game. I'll revisit some time in the Summer to platinum. Need to put a pretty little bow on this gem.

muteki

Hoping to have worker outfit unlocked when I get back to the game tonight, left it at 265 yesterday.

Really after that I don't see anything I'd find interesting dusty token wise. I'd like shifter 1.0 but not worth the effort.

I think I earned 200 tokens last night alone, lol

It didn't even tell me what I did to earn the tokens. Just bam, School Uniform 1.0 out of nowhere.

Ferr986

I was in the same boat, even though similar trophies popped without having any trouble there.

Try replaying episode 11. Get to the part where
you blow up the bridge
, but instead of carrying out the mission, just focus on the enemies. Got the trophy with no sweat there.

Episode
22 or 23
is a way easier place to get the kill 10 trophies.

Thanks, will try!

The costume is too subtle for my taste, but I'm considering 4K for the Talisman (don't know what it does) + gesture. I sort of expect to burn out on this game going for the platinum though...

Yeah but I like using only the shifters outfit (I'm that boring), so I could change a little between 2.0 and white.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

It didn't even tell me what I did to earn the tokens. Just bam, School Uniform 1.0 out of nowhere.

Same. Will probably never actually use the 1.0 one, I prefer the new one, but I've been getting tokens insanely quick. Over 3000 now. Shifter 1.0 doesn't even feel that far off now.
This feels like how the Dusty Tokens should've been balanced from the start to be honest.

muteki

I mean, I'm probably doing it wrong but other than the occasional treasure hunt and "Nice!"-ing every photo I come across I'm not really into the rest that much.

Welp. I'm about to move on to Yakuza and try to knock out as much of it as i can in time for Nioh next week. It's sure been a legitimate journey with GR2. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time (up there with Rez, GTA V, Half-Life 2) and friends typically tell me I'm hard to please cynical when it comes to games, so it's rare I gush like this over something. I've been telling EVERYONE they need to play this. I've gotta 4 people to buy it (they all really like it so far) and I'm gonna start lending my copy to other friends to try and support Japan Studio and Team Gravity.

Boy I've never had such a hard time stopping myself from playing a game. I'll revisit some time in the Summer to platinum. Need to put a pretty little bow on this gem.

Started Yakuza 0 this week, but yesterday I actually went back to Gravity Rush 2 just to get some tokens. Ended up spending two hours finishing up golds in all the challenges and getting the last photo in the Jirga Para Lhao sights. Dunno if I want to do the Sargasso challenges, some of them seem obscure (where is this "elevator platform," anyways?) but I'll probably pop back in tonight to at least see if I have more treasure hunts to do.

I don't see a lot of us sharing challenges right now... it's disappointing. I was hoping gaf would help to get me more tokens.

I'll probably share more challenges tomorrow, but I only have a subset of that spreadsheet on my list. I add anyone that adds me but I haven't actually gone down the list to add people in a while.

Probably spending this week finishing up trophies. I think I have one or two scythe nevi fights to go, and I haven't even started the photo hunts in earnest yet.

Ferr986

Started Yakuza 0 this week, but yesterday I actually went back to Gravity Rush 2 just to get some tokens. Ended up spending two hours finishing up golds in all the challenges and getting the last photo in the Jirga Para Lhao sights. Dunno if I want to do the Sargasso challenges, some of them seem obscure (where is this "elevator platform," anyways?) but I'll probably pop back in tonight to at least see if I have more treasure hunts to do.

Honestly, I have more fun doing treasure hunts than challenges lol

I got golds on all challenges and the Paintings done. Just gotta do the male/female pics and locations as well as manholes

Top Bottom