• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

LotusHD

Banned
Kat in her regular outfit just looks better, at least compared to the white one. Not much else to say lol

Other than those two outfits, what are everyone's favorites?
And don't say Shifter 1.0 lol

Delvool is accessed by going to a mining site when a Gravity Storm is in progress, and then finding the gravity storm there (it's marked on the map). Before the patch you would just have to check the list, but now there's an announcement whenever one's going on in the notifications similar to the strange phenomena.
Is it the same storm as the giant Nevi for the trophy or it's a different one?

You even have to ask? Worker outfit is the only reasonable choice.

Ferr986

Kat in her regular outfit just looks better, at least compared to the white one. Not much else to say lol

I honestly only like the Shifters outfits lol I like the superhero looking Kat.
Same with hairstyle.

Angel_DvA

I don't enjoy it as much as I want to, gameplay, visual and art for this game are over the top but everything else is terrible, story, dialogue, fun factor, side-quests are just awful... I don't think I'll continue playing it.

I enjoyed the first one more, maybe because it was "new" or I don't know.

Jofamo

Ugh.

There has to be a better way to farm Gems for Power Ups. My last trophy needed to Platinum this is to fill out the remaining power up trees. I've grabbed every floating gem around the map, and gold starred every challenge. I'm about 22,000 away from finishing it up still.

The Chapter 19 method is insanely dull. I can either save/restart the beginning section for 250 gems, 88 (!) times. Or I can play the full level, which I think nets around 2,500 gems, but even then I'd need to play it 9 times through, and it's not a short level.

Or I can mine the gems, but an hour in the Delvool last night only netted me 2,500 gems. It was all ones (do they even get bigger the deeper you go?)

Is there really no other way to grind this out?

Milijango

Ugh.

There has to be a better way to farm Gems for Power Ups. My last trophy needed to Platinum this is to fill out the remaining power up trees. I've grabbed every floating gem around the map, and gold starred every challenge. I'm about 22,000 away from finishing it up still.

The Chapter 19 method is insanely dull. I can either save/restart the beginning section for 250 gems, 88 (!) times. Or I can play the full level, which I think nets around 2,500 gems, but even then I'd need to play it 9 times through, and it's not a short level.

Or I can mine the gems, but an hour in the Delvool last night only netted me 2,500 gems. It was all ones (do they even get bigger the deeper you go?)

It's a grind, no getting around it. However, if you play until the first
KatRaven fight
then quit out you'll get about 2200 gems. It takes about 12 min for me, so about 11,000/hour.

Different. The ones for the Nevi are the strange phenomena, these are gravity storms.
Thanks, I have just gotten a notification, so now I know :D

Are you using the right method? You should proceed till you can no longer shift gravity and use only Lunar to move around. Once you get close to the stone tablet that would tell you you completed said challenge, you save, load and you'll get back to the start of this section. Every time you do that you'll get ~900 gems. It's not ideal, but I believe it's the fastest way.

McFadge

Heh, I've been farming the last levels of Delvool for a few days now. I could tell you what remains, if you want. I can also keep mum if you want to be surprised.

How about
a whole level where you have to save a gravity cake from super charged Raven
? Bwahahahahah.

Waiting to see what comes as a surprise. Got past my hurdle, got to the
Skull boss with barely any health after Kali. I already struggled and didn't like this battle in the main story, not looking forward to this in Delvool...

Placing a bet that we face a one-hit kill Electricite at the end, though I suppose that the final demon could be there too

black070

I don't enjoy it as much as I want to, gameplay, visual and art for this game are over the top but everything else is terrible, story, dialogue, fun factor, side-quests are just awful... I don't think I'll continue playing it.

That's a new one, I don't think I've seen anyone take issue with any of those. How far are you into it if you don't mind me asking ? It does have a bit of a slow build.

Ferr986

That's a new one, I don't think I've seen anyone take issue with any of those. How far are you into it if you don't mind me asking ? It does have a bit of a slow build.

I liked the story of the first game better too. Dialogue is on par though. It's good to see that they didn't change Kat, and Raven and Syd are better here.

About fun, the game certainly is more fun to play thanks to the better control and expanded modes. But it's true that the Rifts are more boring here
they're basically the same, all stone table challenges
. And I guess stealth missions hurts in that, too.

Vindicator

Ugh.

Also Episode 19 stopping before
Doppelganger Kat Battle
save, reload -> collect gems until shortly before the fight, then go back (gravity kicks work well) to the room before, collect gems there -> save, reload

Nets you about 900 gems per run, guess that's will be my main activity later today, 47k left...

tsundoku

Also Episode 19 stopping before
Doppelganger Kat Battle
save, reload -> collect gems until shortly before the fight, then go back (gravity kicks work well) to the room before, collect gems there -> save, reload

Nets you about 900 gems per run, guess that's will be my main activity later today, 47k left...

Huh,
I was doing it from the beginning up to the part where you "defeat the enemies without shifting gravity"
somewhere between 1500 and 2000 per run, and you only have to fight 2 groups of enemies

the first ones you jupiter kick then clean up with lunar attack spam, grab a bunch of lunar things to throw to deal with the 2 "tall" enemies, and beat on the rock armor with jupiter.
then when the 3 cyclops things spawn you get them pretty much with a jupiter cross+square and a combo.

then for the second enemy group you go immediately into lunar and try and toss the couple objects they give you at the super fast super active 'mosquito types' and quickly clean up by lunar kicking and using your recoil from killing an enemy to unshift gravity and float for a sec to recover.

then when the second part of the second encounter's enemies with the lazers and the rock tossing come in, you shift gravity to back away from the main platform a bit and use the gravity typhoon lunar super on a slight delay cause the lazer guys take forever to become active

seemed pretty quick to me but i'm always listening to streams or podcasts when i'm not doing new content in a game

Yeah the lighting just doesn't help White Kat ;( depending on the location the more vibrant yellow from Jupiter or swapping for Lunar looks ok, but both of them look excellent on Shifter 2.0

I actually really like a couple costumes I didn't before with the addition to Kat's silhouette from Lunar and Jupiter form. I don't think I ever wore the Spy outfit in GR1

But the new Schoolgirl outfit is just fantastic, that grey blazer x_x

bit disappointed that
Yunica's blue military outfit I liked way better, and her cool rebel getup. As well as some kind of Raven outfit I was anticipating based on chapter names
weren't obtainable. I imagine we'll get that late chapter spoiler outfit as a Dusty token gift after some amount of time when it's effect as a spoiler would be lessened.

daveo42

Banned
Made it to chapter 3 last night after the insanity that was the last two episodes of chapter 2. Odd question, but how long until
I can revist Jirga Para Lhao?

Ferr986

Made it to chapter 3 last night after the insanity that was the last two episodes of chapter 2. Odd question, but how long until
I can revist Jirga Para Lhao?

Quite a bit, you can't go back until episode
20 or 21, can't remember exactly.

Vindicator

Huh,
I was doing it from the beginning up to the part where you "defeat the enemies without shifting gravity"
somewhere between 1500 and 2000 per run, and you only have to fight 2 groups of enemies

There's no fighting involved, you need to save/reload more often but 10k+ gems in less than 1 hour seemed fine to me
glad when it's over

Baalzebup

My 87th Treasure Hunt finally produced something that I just couldn't find, and it had to be a fellow gaffer whose picture it was.

Platinum trophy get!

GR2stylechange.gif
Just got mine too!

I was playing Yakuza for a bit and just randomly got off and spent about 2 hours just walking and jumping around the JPL and Hekseville. I don't think I can't leave this world lol.

I liked the first half of the game much more than the second. The story up to episode 14/15 were excellent, the moment
Cecei is reintroduced to the game
the story turns tu shit and it ends abruptly. Post credits story have everything, horrible stuff and good.

Rektash

Behind the Scenes I challenge quest: Literally the least fun I have had in this franchise so far. Infuriatingly RNG based bullshit. No shifting powers. All around garbage design.
I'd rather do treasure hunts in Lei Elgona than this.

Sorry, had to vent somewhere.

Behind the Scenes I challenge quest: Literally the least fun I have had in this franchise so far. Infuriatingly RNG based bullshit. No shifting powers. All around garbage design.
I'd rather do treasure hunts in Lei Elgona than this.

Sorry, had to vent somewhere.

It's definitely pretty bad. Behind the Scenes II is way better. They could have just not made a challenge version of the first and left it at that.

Alternatively, not making the person placements in the quest random would have gone a long way toward balancing it properly.

Angel_DvA

Just (
coming back from the world when I had to rescue council soldiers after Vogo betrayal...

Gravidee

So apparently I forgot that you could reorient the camera with R3! It sure would have been helpful in chapter 12 and some of the boss fights.

I'm surprised that people are struggling with the 60,000 gems. The underside of each city district has tons of medium and large gems. I'm currently at 54,000 or so and there's still plenty of places I haven't checked yet.

LotusHD

Banned
So apparently I forgot that you could reorient the camera with R3! It sure would have been helpful in chapter 12 and some of the boss fights.

I'm surprised that people are struggling with the 60,000 gems. The underside of each city district has tons of medium and large gems. I'm currently at 54,000 or so and there's still plenty of places I haven't checked yet.

I got lazy. Pretty much as soon as I beat the game, I lose any potential desire I may have had to get Platinum for a game.

I think I'll try my hand at that whole mining thing though.

Just to make sure I'm not completely whiffing the intended meaning: what am I supposed to do on Delvool level 11? I got failed out and I'm not completely certain why.

anddo0

I had no idea this game had first person view, thought it was a glitch :|

I have a love hate relationship with this game. It was a worthy purchase though. I'm not even thinking about the plat, way too many games to play..

That being said how do you unlock the
Ice Cream outfit
?

Kindekuma

Banned
I had no idea this game had first person view, thought it was a glitch :|

I have a love hate relationship with this game. It was a worthy purchase though. I'm not even thinking about the plat, way too many games to play..

That being said how do you unlock the
Ice Cream outfit
?

The waitress outfit? There's two side missions in Vendecentre, one called "Hands Up, Hands Out" and "Come One, Come All".

ZarKryn7

I can't really say much about that. Most of those things you listed are part of the appeal of the games. At least you have it a whirl. I'd like to hear why you'd feel that for perspective sake though.

Meanwhile, back to plat hunt for me.

-Horizon-

Man, why is stasis field so fun and good to use?
This was in the first game too right? I don't remember ever using it.

Got to the part where you get
raven back and you fight all those garrison
Just using the field and just chucking them into the distance lol.

Man, why is stasis field so fun and good to use?
This was in the first game too right? I don't remember ever using it.

Got to the part where you get
raven back and you fight all those garrison
Just using the field and just chucking them into the distance lol.

Stasis fields were in the first game, but mechanically it was very different; you had to press and hold it (duration of press determined range in which objects would be picked up) and it would never reach more than ~3ft away. You also auto-floated when using it.

I think they overbuffed it in this game, honestly. It's simply the best combat option period unless you run out of things to pick up.

ChrisD

I'll take over-buffed over being all but useless.

Like Specials
And I don't just mean because other options are better. I never used them because I just got hit out half the time, or the effect felt really weak. Maybe things are different after pouring thousands of gems in, but I don't have the patience to grind up and check. I just know when something titled MICRO BLACK HOLE doesn't even reach past OG Gravity Field range, it's pretty lame.

I'll take over-buffed over being all but useless.

Like Specials
And I don't just mean because other options are better. I never used them because I just got hit out half the time, or the effect felt really weak. Maybe things are different after pouring thousands of gems in, but I don't have the patience to grind up and check. I just know when something titled MICRO BLACK HOLE doesn't even reach past OG Gravity Field range, it's pretty lame.

The skill tree (and talismans) indeed addresses pretty much everything you're complaining about. But why would you use a special when a charged stasis field works better in nearly every situation for much less cost?

tsundoku

If we had the GR1 specials there would actually have been a push/pull between choosing to save up for a special or using the charged stasis fields
the specials still do massive chunks of damage to bosses they just seem to be absurdly bad at fighting enemies and get cancelled on a single bullet or energy bullet :<

see5harp

Some of these side missions are a real pain in the ass...

I was really enjoying them through the first 10 hours but now a lot of the time I'm just spamming x to get through them. This is why open world games can have the worst pacing imaginable. When I checked that I'm only like 55% through the story last night I almost decided to just power through the campaign. There are way too many games I want to get to. I still have RE7 and Yakuza 0 unplayed.

LotusHD

Banned
I was really enjoying them through the first 10 hours but now a lot of the time I'm just spamming x to get through them. This is why open world games can have the worst pacing imaginable. When I checked that I'm only like 55% through the story last night I almost decided to just power through the campaign. There are way too many games I want to get to. I still have RE7 and Yakuza 0 unplayed.

You shouldn't rush through games in general, but maybe that's just me.

Even then, you're not forced to do all of them, they're not going anywhere.

A.J.

Banned
So I'm playing the last mission and one of the mutated nevi seems to be invincible. Is this a glitch or am I missing something?

Top Bottom