• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush 2 |OT| Mewton's Law of Gravity

I'm coming to the realisation I don't really like this game. Some of the mission design is horrendous, and it's not just the stealth. The camera is insufferable as well.

Episode 12 is horrible and the only time I've had camera problems. Anything beyond that I feel in total control of it. What are your issues?

leng jai

Episode 12 is horrible and the only time I've had camera problems. Anything beyond that I feel in total control of it. What are your issues?

Honestly I think half the reason is because I'm not that great at the game. Often during combat I just fly off or too far in the wrong direction and the camera just completely shits itself.

Honestly I think half the reason is because I'm not that great at the game. Often during combat I just fly off or too far in the wrong direction and the camera just completely shits itself.

Hmm, idk. I find the key to controlling the camera also comes with being deliberate with your use of the R1 button as a means of stopping for a second to readjust yourself. Watching the arrows pointing you toward enemies in order to keep note of where you are in 3D space, like dogfighting in a flight game, is also very helpful. Then there's clicking the camera stick to realign the camera as a shortcut to letting you know where "up" actually is. In wide open battles I have no issues keeping track of where I am, where the enemies are, and what the camera's doing. I do think reining in what's inherently a "wild" superpower is part of the experience though, so moments of disorientation are natural, as it would be for someone floating in zero-G and constantly changing one's gravity direction. Sometimes it's just best to gravity kick away into open space to get your bearings before swooping back in.

Episode 12, like I mentioned, exposes where the camera can go terrible wrong. There's a slight delay before it "stabilizes" when you land on a new surface, and that entire episode is about landing in new gravity directions using the most unwieldy gravity traversal style in tight corridors. Awful.

Went through Delvool layers 1-16. Couldn't figure out
how to kill the last two monsters in the sky without being able to shift/throw. They're reaaaaaally high and spring jumps almost got me there, but they both hit hard D:

Dad

I'm not sure I see the point of making us fight a giant nevi in each rift areas when there's only one type of enemy and all of the fights are exactly the same. Or why the amount of gems needed for max upgrades far exceeds what all the gold medals and lose gems in the city can give you. Bizarre design decisions

Sam Bishop

Neo Member
Went through Delvool layers 1-16. Couldn't figure out
how to kill the last two monsters in the sky without being able to shift/throw. They're reaaaaaally high and spring jumps almost got me there, but they both hit hard D:

I'm sure it's been answered in the thread before, but how the fuck do you get to Delvool? I got the notice that it was open, but when I went to check it out, there was no option to enter from the boat, and nothing from Mining Site 13, which I'd read was the way to get there.

I'm sure it's been answered in the thread before, but how the fuck do you get to Delvool? I got the notice that it was open, but when I went to check it out, there was no option to enter from the boat, and nothing from Mining Site 13, which I'd read was the way to get there.

Once you get to the mining site, hit the map. You'll notice TWO yellow icons; one is for the cage that takes you back to the mining ship, the other is the entrance to the trench. This is assuming you've entered the right mining site (it'll be the one that says "Gravity storm in progress"). You probably already know that second bit but I mention it just in case.

It is the long one, right? You just got to go to the edge of the circle and point it high as possible. Keep adjusting until you hit.

It's very easy if you go to Lunar and jump straight up at the edge of the circle. That does not count as leaving the circle.

The camera controls did not bother me as much as the lack of precise control of Kat in movement. By adjusting the camera sensitivity and going into first person mode there were some things to do about the camera but in movement you're stuck with how it is. Having no slow walk, Kat moving sideways when turning around and the jump button not working half the time made some side missions incredibly frustrating.

Dominator

Struggling in Episode 17. Want to beat the game, don't know if I can make it because interest is waning quick. I put 40 hours in so I've definitely played a ton, but might need to just take a break. I'll play through RE7 and Yakuza fully then come back to it. Some time away might be good.

Struggling in Episode 17. Want to beat the game, don't know if I can make it because interest is waning quick. I put 40 hours in so I've definitely played a ton, but might need to just take a break. I'll play through RE7 and Yakuza fully then come back to it. Some time away might be good.

If it helps, you are super, super close to wrapping up the plotline you're on, and what comes after is shorter in comparison.

I'm not sure I see the point of making us fight a giant nevi in each rift areas when there's only one type of enemy and all of the fights are exactly the same. Or why the amount of gems needed for max upgrades far exceeds what all the gold medals and lose gems in the city can give you. Bizarre design decisions
Both of these things confused me as well. The giant nevi is the same every single time without fail, not even a superficial difference in their looks. And you get nowhere near enough gems to upgrade everything, maybe about halfway through. If there wasn't an achievement I would think that it was intended, but with it, it seems like they did want us to farm them. Or maybe they expected us to get them when replaying the game? I'm not sure, but it was weird.

tsundoku

On thinking on it long enough now I feel as though Jupiter should have had the Rocket jump / sonic spin and Spring jump with its "powerful boosted legs" as well as the slow slide and shifting. And Lunar should have had the fast slide and shifting to feel more "fluid and floaty"

Jupiter is really unusable in close areas and anywhere with verticality which is basically what every ground enemy based combat arena is in the game. Jupiter has a particular big problem with the double height Core nevi like the runners / plants that spew damage / etc
Anything that you block flies away and even if you blockslideinto it, cancel into a running attack and cancel that into cross+square you still don't usually manage to reach their core hitbox and damage them before they recover.

Lunar already has improved jumps compared to normal for beating up those double high nevi and it has really really good even soft lockon square attacks for beating on enemies safely and easily gliding over rough terrain but you have no reason to master those jumps and the airstall when you are rocket jumping and spring jumping everywhere already

Kamina

Golden Boy
Jesus this Battle Nurse II mission is terrible.

"Land this jump on this small platform and then don't accidentally roll off!"
Yes i failed so many times too, but i managed by hitting the plattform on the most outer edge while landing so the roll ended just before reaching the opposite edge.

Rektash

Sooo, is there like anything you can do to spawn giant nevi? I am at the point of the game where I have finished all the side- and challenge missions and don't have a whole lot left to do except go for platinum.

Any tips for missions I can use to suck in 10 enemies with micro black hole? Never used Jupiter mode during my playthrough.

@ Jupiter/Luna mode discussion: I feel like both of these modes are pretty bad as they both make Kat feel very unnatural to control. One mode is, by design, very floaty and the other one feels like you have to steer an unstoppable train. I went for normal mode 95% of the game and couldn't be happier.

Rektash

Seriously, fuck the Behind the Scenes I Challenge.

Yep, I was there a couple days ago. Some missions are seriously flawed in this game and stuff is straight not fun and/or badly designed.

Behind the Scenes I is as bad as it gets though. I don't think anything annoyed me as much after.

Vindicator

Yep, I was there a couple days ago. Some missions in the game are seriously flawed and stuff is straight not fun and/or badly designed.

Behind the Scenes I is as bad as it gets though. I don't think anything annoyed me as much after.

Did it in the meantime, thought you need to stay under 1:00 for Gold so nailed a solid 54:60 before realizing 1:15 was the limit...

DylanEno

Every time I see a photo / treasure hunt of PSO2 costume Kat, I shed a single, lonely tear. Whyyy can't we have nice things???

Gravidee

Yeah, I gave up earlier today. Made it to mission 11 or 12. Really disappointing overall.

If you guys are having issues with the camera, remember that you can press R3 to reorient the camera back to standard normal gravity position. It will save you from many frustrations in the long run and seems to be something that some people including myself overlooked.

Using the gyro during combat is also really helpful.

Rektash

I just managed to softlock the game while replaying story mission 10:

At the part where raven suggest attacking the 2 guards on the bridge at the top near the prison cells. When you kill both guards before Raven gives you the go she can get stuck in an endless loop where she just continues saying "Hey, what are you doing". The game also takes away control from you, so all you can do is close the game. Of course, I hadn't saved today yet. Good thing the game has an autosave slot.

This game sure hates me.

I just managed to softlock the game while replaying story mission 10:

At the part where raven suggest attacking the 2 guards on the bridge at the top near the prison cells. When you kill both guards before Raven gives you the go she can get stuck in an endless loop where she just continues saying "Hey, what are you doing". The game also takes away control from you, so all you can do is close the game. Of course, I hadn't saved today yet.

This game sure hates me.
The game auto-saves very often, you shouldn't have lost any progress at all.

Relceroi

Neo Member
Two trophies away from the platinum. I have no idea what is going on with Rift Hunter and Power Kat seems to require quite a lot of grinding. Maybe I’ll take a short break from GR2 and focus on Yakuza 0 instead.

Two trophies away from the platinum. I have no idea what is going on with Rift Hunter and Power Kat seems to require quite a lot of grinding. Maybe I'll take a short break from GR2 and focus on Yakuza 0 instead.

Rift Hunter is simply waiting for a "Strange Gravitational Phenomena (not Gravity Storm) in each of the five mining sites, which means a boss spawns there. It will naturally happen over time and you get a notification when it happens, so it should just happen naturally if you keep playing and don't ignore the mining ship. I don't know how well this is synced across games (and I'm noticing the mining ships don't seem to report number of players in each mine anymore) but for me literally every mining site is the boss right now.

There is a grind for Power Kat but I'm finding it to be closer to around 10k in gems, which really isn't all that bad. Finding every gem (there are tons on the underside of buildings/in
the railings holding Hekseville up
), getting gold on every challenge, and doing every treasure hunt should net north of 70k and mining (or chapter 19 grinding) should make up the rest.

Phil Fish

Banned
Although GR Remastered had a few annoying sections (like the underground boss fight), I enjoyed it, and I'll say again that it felt refreshing as hell to play a 3D platformer (though not entirely full fledged) again. Definitely going to pick up this second one now that I'm finished with GRR.

cheesekao

So I was in the level 10+ delvool trench and wanted to get out but one of the rushing Nevi got onto the cage and blocked my exit. Needless to say, I died and lost close to 20 talismans. Fuck.

The camera can be iffy sometimes when you're in combat and end up near a wall or an enemy. Honestly tho, outside of episode 12 it's not bad. Episode 12 was God fucking awful tho.

Relceroi

Neo Member
Rift Hunter is simply waiting for a "Strange Gravitational Phenomena (not Gravity Storm) in each of the five mining sites, which means a boss spawns there. It will naturally happen over time and you get a notification when it happens, so it should just happen naturally if you keep playing and don't ignore the mining ship. I don't know how well this is synced across games (and I'm noticing the mining ships don't seem to report number of players in each mine anymore) but for me literally every mining site is the boss right now.

There is a grind for Power Kat but I'm finding it to be closer to around 10k in gems, which really isn't all that bad. Finding every gem (there are tons on the underside of buildings/in
the railings holding Hekseville up
), getting gold on every challenge, and doing every treasure hunt should net north of 70k and mining (or chapter 19 grinding) should make up the rest.

Thanks for the clarification. I mostly ignored the mining aspect throughout the game so I must have missed on some of the chances to defeat those large Nevi. Even so I know I’ve fought several of them but a few were in the same areas as some of the previous ones. I think I’m still missing two encounters out of the five.

I’m currently at about 65000 gems after completing all the challenges and finding everything that I could around the world. I’ll look into grinding the mission that you mentioned.

Thanks for the clarification. I mostly ignored the mining aspect throughout the game so I must have missed on some of the chances to defeat those large Nevi. Even so I know I’ve fought several of them but a few were in the same areas as some of the previous ones. I think I’m still missing two encounters out of the five.
You've probably realized they're all the same, so the best way to know which one you're missing is to check the talismans you own. You'll have one premium talisman per area (Candle, Toflug, Mining Zone 0 etc.).

Ferr986

Hey now, the costume is cute! And who knows? Maybe they'll pull a TMS #FE so that even you'll like it. :3

I don't know whats that lol but unless they put her actual pants, I'm not gonna like it lol (well not really because the armor looks very bad).

Anyways, Kitao said to people asking about it to "please wait a little more" so I guess it's coming.

Gonna do some treasure hunts before tackling that awful "help rich woman move" side mission. I think I'll just Youtube the easiest way to do that one because that's my least favorite mission.

Shin-Ra

Should be at ~4000 Dusty Tokens once I log back on.

I made nearly 1000 before the bonus period so getting to 6000 shouldn't take too long.

There'll probably be another event with the free Raven's Choice DLC at least too.

So I was in the level 10+ delvool trench and wanted to get out but one of the rushing Nevi got onto the cage and blocked my exit. Needless to say, I died and lost close to 20 talismans. Fuck.

If it helps, you can go back to the level you died at and find your ghost, which should spawn at least some of your lost stones.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
And 6000 tokens in the bag.

FxmJNuB.jpg

Some Nevi are just too fast to frequently use normal gravity kicks. Chuck stuff at them instead.

Rainy

Banned
I haven't played in the last week since I've been dumping hours into Tales of Berseria but I think I'll jump back in soon. I'm around Episode 17 or 18.

Top Bottom