• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

e_i

Yeah. I keep wanting to move the fucking camera but it's locked on certain spots. I keep wanting to run around and kick shit but I'm forced through dialogue. I keep wanting to freely fly around and it keeps popping up telling me what to do!

Yeah...it was weird at first not being able to use the buttons, but it's a training level.

Mondriaan

I'm a little confused about the DLC. Apparently you can get it free if you've pre-ordered from either Amazon or Gamestop (it's too late for that for me, at any rate). Also, you can get the military mission DLC for free if you buy it this week on PSN?

If you buy it at Gamestop, but you didn't pre-order, does that mean you have to spend $3.99 later to get the DLC a week later?

At any rate, going to the nearest gamestop would probably cost me about $3.00 in bus fare. And the jackasses there only ordered something like two copies anyway.

Mrbob

My copy from Amazon should be here in about an hour. I am excite! Did any other Amazon purchasers get their DLC code yet? Nothing in my inbox as of now.

Misterhbk

Just started the game and loving it so far! The controls are take a little bit to get used to but te game is gorgeous and really fun!

As much as I love it though, I'm still waiting on a good JRPG to play on my Vita. *sigh*

Quick fun fact for people having problems turning with the Gravity Slide; if you release one finger, you can do hard turns.

It's difficult to get a grasp of at first, but once you get it, it's smooth like butter.

spectyre

mochuuu said so.

Hope all of you are enjoying your retail copies. ):

sunovabitch. Kinda pissed I decided to get the Digital version (at this very moment, at least).
I need to get to bed shortly and tomorrow I start my league which is almost immediately after work. Looks like Thurs. before I can get anything more than a few minutes w/it.

Grace Chen must be a sadist.

ttocs

It figures. I always buy retail but the one game I know I'm going to play a lot of, I decided to go digital. Besides, the PSN always seems to be updated by the time I get home from work.

Next time, I'm buying the damn retail copy.

Cbajd5

CURSE ME AND MY LACK OF WILLPOWER AND EXCESS OF MONEY TODAY.

Also Gamestop didn't have Okage and I didn't want to go home empty handed...

I also blame the store updating late as well so now I won't get the DLC for a while probably.

Anyways this is a majority of a reason I bought a Vita so I shouldn't be kicking myself over it.

Also the "Compatible Functions" diagram on the inside of the cover slip is neat.

Grisby

I love how the comic cut scenes move when you move the Vita. Also, I'm not usually the biggest fan of that type of storytelling but the art is freaking great.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Got my copy in from Amazon today, just now had some time with it.

I love this game! The world is interesting, and I really like Kat. The graphics are great (love the gyro functions) and the way the story is presented.

Picked up a copy at WalMart today and have played about 45 minutes. Absolutely loving it so far and it's the first game since Uncharted and Rayman that floored me when seeing it on that screen.

Also, if you're not playing with headphones, you're doing yourself a great disservice. The crappy PSP speakers don't do the game justice, and the game does some great audio panning of the sound effects as you rotate your character.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I got it, waiting for the PSVita to drop in price at the end of the month. :eek:

Picked up a copy at WalMart today and have played about 45 minutes. Absolutely loving it so far and it's the first game since Uncharted and Rayman that floored me when seeing it on that screen.

Also, if you're not playing with headphones, you're doing yourself a great disservice. The crappy PSP speakers don't do the game justice, and the game does some great audio panning of the sound effects as you rotate your character.

What if I connected it to speakers?

Grisby

Is it just me or is the audio kinda whack on Vita? I have it turned all the way up but sometimes it sounds so low. I don't remember having that problem with Uncharted GA but this and Resistance Burning Skies audio seems compressed or something.

Koroviev

I got it, waiting for the PSVita to drop in price at the end of the month. :eek:

I would take advantage of the Amazon deal. It's basically a price drop, and there's no tax.

Is it just me or is the audio kinda whack on Vita? I have it turned all the way up but sometimes it sounds so low. I don't remember having that problem with Uncharted GA but this and Resistance Burning Skies audio seems compressed or something.

I'm not sure about Vita games, but I know that the audio in Tactics Ogre is blaring.

ttocs

The volume of the Vita is sometimes really low. Mortal Kombat is a good example. That game's volume is just insanely low even on the highest level of volume. If you use headphones it's fine though.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I would take advantage of the Amazon deal. It's basically a price drop, and there's no tax.

I'm not sure about Vita games, but I know that the audio in Tactics Ogre is blaring.

Hello, thanks for your advice, unfortunately I am Canadian. :)
The price drop is coming, and I am also currently broke... So next month!

I use speakers for my handhelds when gaming at home.

Koroviev

Hello, thanks for your advice, unfortunately I am Canadian. :)
The price drop is coming, and I am also currently broke... So next month!

I use speakers for my handhelds when gaming at home.

Oh, sorry! Region-specific deals are a bitch :(

Cbajd5

The audio seems great to me on the Vita's speakers. But I'm good at hearing things too...

Just make sure you aren't blocking the front speakers with your fingers. I noticed that makes it much quieter.

Enjoying what I've played so far, but I accidently swiped through a story scene too fast and that's upsetting me. I wish I could swipe forwards & backwards. Or if I am able to but just did it wrong I wish that I was able to do it correctly.

Even better! Actually I hadn't thought of doing this, I already have enough spare audio cables hanging around and my PC speakers are pretty decent. I have to wear headphones at work all day so it would be nice not wear them when I get home.

The volume of the Vita is sometimes really low. Mortal Kombat is a good example. That game's volume is just insanely low even on the highest level of volume. If you use headphones it's fine though.

Yeah, my volume is always about 3-4 lines from max volume. Mortal Kombat was a pain too because some of the hit noises were really loud, but the dialogue was extremely soft, so I'd always be adjusting it all the time when playing story mode.

Top Bottom