• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Takao

Banned
What time do games show up on the Vita PSN Store?

Was hoping to play a bit before work, but alas, neither Gravity or MGS is up on the store yet.

Any time between 3PM - 9PM EDT.

so i finally got a way for my vita to connect to internet here in china. After 2 hrs to dl that ~500mb demo.. I think i might be sold.

Camera feels a bit wonky and the upscaled visuals really does hurt the presentation quite a bit. Will probably still give it a shot tomorrow.

Any confirmation if this will be 40 or 36 on psn?

$35.99 on PSN has been confirmed.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What I enjoy about this game is gem collecting. I've never been a fan if collecting gems but I had fun with it coz you get to explore the world a lot.

so i finally got a way for my vita to connect to internet here in china. After 2 hrs to dl that ~500mb demo.. I think i might be sold.

Camera feels a bit wonky and the upscaled visuals really does hurt the presentation quite a bit. Will probably still give it a shot tomorrow.

Any confirmation if this will be 40 or 36 on psn?

Regarding the camera I felt the camera moved too quickly for my taste, it felt like it accelerated very fast to the furthest point up or down. I adjusted the camera sensitivity and it helped a lot.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Mines the same status, they tend to dispatch it a day or 2 before release date. Happened with my Dragons Dogma and got it on release

Okie dokie, just checking it was normal and that it isn't going to be a week late, it is annoying already that we get it so many days later than everyone else, lol.

Ken

Gyroscope works sooooooooooo well in this game. In my opinion it gives GR an aditional immersion.

Until you're trying to get high scores in the gravity slide challenges. :p

@DarkOne

The game is pretty easy, unfortunately.

Reclaimer

Any time between 3PM - 9PM EDT.

I'm guessing I'm late to the party, but I had no idea PSN didn't operate on a stricter schedule. :/

Oh well, good thing I can just bring the Vita along with me and download
play
at work!

Am I silly for wanting to see more of the little in-game comics? They looked pretty neat in the demo.

Defuser

This game is good, Kouhei Tanaka music really adds to the atmosphere of the city and that recharge sound reminds me of FFVIII. Love the graphics and the comic book style cutscene.

It's viciously easy. I died once in my import ersion. Story also only took me a little over 5:10 to beat.

I still have no idea how you beat this in 5:10 hours. I played at a pretty brisk pace and managed 14 thinking that was fast.

I'm just going to assume you're some kind of AI or something.

Also, some of the later challenge missions can get ridiculously tough. Especially some of the DLC ones.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
I skimmed a lot if not all challenges.

I remember playing the first few before deciding that, for me, they were mere fillers and dis not contribute at all. The gems collected in the stor mode and around the world were suffucient to max out all skills, i believe. At least the ones I was spamming.
This is definitely not what the average person will do, so you're probably the exception, not the rule. Kind of explains why you didn't think the game was all that.

I skimmed a lot if not all challenges.

I remember playing the first few before deciding that, for me, they were mere fillers and dis not contribute at all. The gems collected in the stor mode and around the world were suffucient to max out all skills, i believe. At least the ones I was spamming.

Wtf, 5:10? Not to sound like a dick, but do you have a screenshot?

With 5:10 and no challenges there is no way in hell you would max out all skills, especially in 5:10 lol

Elios83

Just got the game yeasterday, it's like a game Team Ico would make on a portable console.
Really happy with it, great graphics, atmosphere, music, intriguing gameplay and open world+RPG elements, it has been really addicting so far.

This is the game that sold me on the Vita. Just got my copy from Amazon to my office. It's my first physical Vita game and I know this has been said elsewhere but the opening a box and finding no manual is a little :(

theBishop

Banned
This is the game that sold me on the Vita. Just got my copy from Amazon to my office. It's my first physical Vita game and I know this has been said elsewhere but the opening a box and finding no manual is a little :(

Yeah... they're getting pretty close to Valve-levels of debasing the retail version. There's less reason to buy the physical copy than ever. That said, the ability to lend games to friends (or sell, etc) trumps the convenience of downloads for most games in my opinion.

Eusis

Just this once Grace, just this once, update early please :D
We've actually been seeing a few updates come at around 2, even 1 as of late I believe, though it'd figure if it were late this time.

Redeemed my code, so I just need the game to arrive from Amazon.

Yeah... they're getting pretty close to Valve-levels of debasing the retail version. There's less reason to buy the physical copy than ever. That said, the ability to lend games to friends (or sell, etc) trumps the convenience of downloads for most games in my opinion.

well, at least the manuals are (usually?) in color and more than eight pages! it kinda sucks that it's digital now, but with the way things were headed anyway it makes sense.

this game is really good btw. i'm not minding the difficulty at all, it just means i can get away with acting like a fool with the gyro aiming.

Eusis

well, at least they're in color and more than eight pages. it kinda sucks that it's digital now, but with the way things were headed anyway it makes sense.
You're also saving space on your memory card by having it physical, so that's something.

But, yeah, I hate how there's no manual, and worse it seems like in general American packaging is being made ridiculously cheap compared to every other place on Earth. We JUST got double side printing for 3DS games, Europe and (last I checked) Japan don't have ridiculous holes in their Wii cases, and now Vita games don't come with physical manuals, perhaps FORCED not to by Sony. It's frustrating for people who have any care for attention to the physical package (or, uhh, want stronger cases to keep games safer for that matter.)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Nice reversible cover! No one will ever see this, lol

52fX9.jpg

Eusis

On the plus side, maybe that's recognition that it's nice to have SOMETHING in there, and the next step will be throwing things like that in the case, and likely keeping the door open for those that DO care to put in more effort for packaging so that, say, Persona 4 can get a nice manual.

Top Bottom