• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Yeah... it's odd how vita speakers are quite quiet, while 3ds speakers are fucking loud when cranked up.

Should i have the music cranked up for this?

branny

Considering that one of my favorite things to do in Mirror's Edge was a running drop kick, I'm having way too much fun gravity kicking things. I'm starting to warm up to the touchscreen evading, but I still find the slide uncomfortably unwieldy with gyro (which is probably the point, but still). :(

The mission restart load times are a bummer, too. Nothing gamebreaking, though.

We should've been able to map gravity release to down on the d-pad, which would've freed up L for dodging in conjunction with the left analog stick for directional augmentation.

Morgan said the PSN update could be as late as 11PM EDT...
That is beyond ridiculous.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Finally my order has shipped from Amazon! It claims it's going to arrive tomorrow, so it's going to be a long day at work for sure!

I'm bummed that I didn't get it today, but it was definitely my fault on that one. Ah well! At least it's definitely coming before the weekend!

Man, I'm tormenting myself with reading this thread! Lol.

wut

Mine are dead silent.

I have the same problem with the 3DS as I do with the Wii - for whatever reason the menu music and sounds are super loud, but then the games will be rather quiet. I don't find them as quiet as the Vita ones, but in comparison to past handhelds, both Vita and 3DS do sound really low.

Played to the end of Episode 3 - loving it so far, but my scores in the missions are terrible.

Such a fantastic title for the Vita. I know it was close to release but this could have still been a showcase title at the Sony conference last week.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Yeah... it's odd how vita speakers are quite quiet, while 3ds speakers are fucking loud when cranked up.

It's the opposite for me. My 3DS needs at least 2 times more volume; max isn't enough, even with headphones. The vita is fine at max volume, maybe a few lines below. Also I'm probably deaf.

frequency

Everyone should be playing handhelds with headphones anyway, so no complaining about low volumes!
If that's not loud enough, you can buy cheap portable amps for like 20USD.

highrider

Banned
Morgan said the PSN update could be as late as 11PM EDT...

i'm no ceo, but sony should have already had this on the store at midnight last night. this is a real advantage that dd can have, but you have to, you know, put it on the store.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Up to chapter 3 so far, and one thing I've noticed is that I'm not nauseous at all. Since I'm the type of person who gets vertigo in most FPS games, and some 3D platformer (Super Mario Galaxy), was pleasantly surprised I'm not throwing up chunks.

Other than that, game is great. :p

branny

I hope future games on the Vita rip off everything Gravity Rush does with its map and interface stuff. So good.

I hope future games on the Vita rip off everything Gravity Rush does with its map and interface stuff. So good.

YES! I tapped and since the icons are close it spread them apart to let me be sure to pick the right one. Yesyesyesyes this is how touch should be handled.

Just figured out how to do the gravity surf. Fuck yeah this game just keeps getting better. And if you guys havent read the manual yet, go ahead and do it since it tells you extra things you dont know in the game.

B.O.O.M

YES! I tapped and since the icons are close it spread them apart to let me be sure to pick the right one. Yesyesyesyes this is how touch should be handled.

Just figured out how to do the gravity surf. Fuck yeah this game just keeps getting better. And if you guys havent read the manual yet, go ahead and do it since it tells you extra things you dont know in the game.

Thanks for the tip, I usually skip the manuals since I find them useless but looks like this is an exception

Cudder

The challenges seem pretty brutal. I usually have no problem getting bronze or silver but getting golds seems like it takes some practice.

Also, be sure to upgrade your gravity time asap.

Agent X

I got my copy of Gravity Rush today (retail, of course). The artwork is beautiful, and I enjoy the comics that are interspersed throughout.

Even at this early stage of the game, Kat seems like such an interesting character. The game does a great job of defining her personality with her dialogue and facial expressions.

talk about ungrateful.

Fuck that guy, his kid and his house.

Heh, I'm sure most players felt that way during that particular scene, too!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Agh Best Buy was sold out and the guy said he thinks they only got one copy. Didn't have time to check Target, maybe later this week.

Eusis

Man, it's really hard to control gravity for the races! Or at times period. Ah well, I'll get a grip on it eventually, but it's definitely nice so far, though it'd have been nicer to save sooner than later. That's something GTA gets right for open world games, almost always the very first mission is quick and gets you to your save point, then you start into the game seriously.

KillGore

what the hell are you talking about? 3DS speakers are an embarrassment. Vita speakers are crap too but man are 3DS speakers bad.

Ken

The challenges seem pretty brutal. I usually have no problem getting bronze or silver but getting golds seems like it takes some practice.

You can go back and do them after finishing the game so you could always retry them with fully leveled abilities.

This too. I can easily get bronze and silver...but Gold is wiping the floor with me. I'll wait till I upgrade my abilities like somebody who had the Japanese version said was the best idea.

Cudder

Man, it's really hard to control gravity for the races! Or at times period. Ah well, I'll get a grip on it eventually, but it's definitely nice so far, though it'd have been nicer to save sooner than later. That's something GTA gets right for open world games, almost always the very first mission is quick and gets you to your save point, then you start into the game seriously.

It autosaves pretty frequently. The autosave is perfectly capable of carrying you through the game it looks like.

You can go back and do them after finishing the game so you could always retry them with fully leveled abilities.

This too. I can easily get bronze and silver...but Gold is wiping the floor with me. I'll wait till I upgrade my abilities like somebody who had the Japanese version said was the best idea.

Perfect, thanks. Will probably go this route too!

Is there an alternative input for the gravity slide?

I noticed you can do a back flip without losing speed by pressing jump as you're sliding. But the input I'm aware of is touching the bottom corners of the touch screen. So how do they expect you to do that and hit the X button?

Is there an alternative input for the gravity slide?

I noticed you can do a back flip without losing speed by pressing jump as you're sliding. But the input I'm aware of is touching the bottom corners of the touch screen. So how do they expect you to do that and hit the X button?

You jump by flicking the vita upwards.

Reclaimer

What. The. Fuck.

PSN still hasn't updated with Gravity or MGS. Silly me expected to get them at midnight yesterday, but at this rate I might not even be able to purchase a digital download on launch day.

sikkinixx

The lack of a "retry" button during a challenge is infuriating. You need to die or wait or otherwise end it, then retry. Canceling the challenge results in a 20 second load, then another load to re start.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yep, this game is awesome so far. Took longer then I thought to get use to the controls, but when you get a grip around them, it really is a rush (pun intended) of an experience. Loving the atmosphere, characters, and style. My main two concerns right now (just finished chapter 3) are the load times and if they game becomes repetitive/old after awhile.

Also, just because it needs to be said again; fuck that dude, his house, and even his bratty kid. :p

Ken

The lack of a "retry" button during a challenge is infuriating. You need to die or wait or otherwise end it, then retry. Canceling the challenge results in a 20 second load, then another load to re start.

Yup. One of my biggest complaints of my import copy.

branny

It's horrible. I've been trying to rationalize it as a way to encourage me to get better quicker, but that's no excuse.

I just did a sliding challenge that I gave up reattempting for now. Trying to be precise with gyro/touchscreen crap is already frustrating enough without the load times.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It's horrible. I've been trying to rationalize it as a way to encourage me to get better quicker, but that's no excuse.

I just did a sliding challenge that I gave up reattempting for now. Trying to be precise with gyro/touchscreen crap is already frustrating enough without the load times.

The race challenges are basically the most infuriating ones.

Skilletor

This game is just a joy to play.

Up to mission 5 so far and my only complaint are the battles. Did I miss that there's some sort of lock-on? Battles are really annoying with the lack of this.

Top Bottom