• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Eusis

Do any of the Vita games have manuals?
Outside of America! Seriously, Japanese games usually have something there whether it's a full manual or just a foldout similar to the reversible cover, and even Europe apparently has Rayman Origins with a manual. From the company that was the first to publically announce they'd be dumping manuals.

I have a feeling this might be retailers putting pressure to make packaging as cheap and lightweight as possible, and America IS more spread out, but since we're not talking about $5 DVDs it's exasperating.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Manuals? Sure. Digital manuals.

yXmTQ.jpg

oh yeah

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I have 32gb, I love having all my games on the system itself.
Im starting to think I should cancel my vita order and just get a PSN card and download it.
Same with MGS HD collection.

Eusis

I'm waiting to see if either the 32 GB cards get cheaper or we get a 64 GB one. I SORT OF regret not getting a 32 GB, but if we get cheaper/bigger cards it's for the best. Plus I could possibly just offload the PSP games that don't undeniably benefit from being on the Vita.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Ok, I really hate the sliding in this game, it's very awkward.

anddo0

Game is everything I expected. The graphics are amazing! The story seems fairly interesting. I actually care about Kat. Lot's of OCD in this game. I think I'll take the advice of my fellow gafers and leave the challenge missions (golds anyway) until I'm fully leveled.

The controls took me a while to get a grip of. The sliding in particular

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

You mean touching to dodge? That was the one thing I didn't like about the demo. It seemed like something that would have been preferable as a button input, and it's not like triangle or circle are being used for anything. In situations like that we should be able to choose between touch and traditional buttons.

I really liked gyro aiming, though. It quickly became second nature to me.

Ken

You mean touching to dodge? That was the one thing I didn't like about the demo. It seemed like something that would have been preferable as a button input, and it's not like triangle or circle are being used for anything. In situations like that we should be able to choose between touch and traditional buttons.

I really liked Gyro aiming, though. It quickly became second nature to me.

He probably means gravity sliding, where you place both thumbs on the screen to activate it, and then use the gyro to control the direction.

I'm having a really hard time adjusting to the analog sticks on this game. They seem almost too sensitive. Anyone else having this problem?

Turn down camera sensitivity to about 25%, feels much better to me.

I LOVE the traversal in this game, makes exploring the world a pleasure.

Regarding the swipe to dodge mechanic I was worried I would hate it, but its implemented very well. It only takes a tiny swipe in the corner to activate, works well so far.

And the soundtrack - Pure Bliss.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Still waiting for Amazon to ship my copy. I'm bummed I won't be getting it today (i paid for release date shipping, but it was my fault that they didn't ship it last night, as they processed MGSHD first, which I didn't expect).

I've waited this long, however, so I can wait one more day, and it'll also give me a chance to play some more of the many PSP games I still have on my Vita that I need to get through (most of them are RPGs, like Ys Seven, FFIV Complete, Corpse Party, and Gengka Bancho).

So many amazing Vita games are either out, or on the way. After Gravity Rush, it's Retro City Rampage and Ragnarok Odyssey as my next big purchases (well, I'll get MGSHD next week or something).

But then, LEGO Batman 2 releases, and I'll be getting that for PS3 so me and my wife can play...

*sigh* so many games...

jiggles

Banned
I'm having a really hard time adjusting to the analog sticks on this game. They seem almost too sensitive. Anyone else having this problem?

I think it's a problem with the Vita in general. The sticks have much less give than those on a pad, so they're far more sensitive to small movements. Every time I pick up the machine, I have to make a conscious effort to keep my thumb movements minuscule for like the first 5 minutes while I get used to it all over again.

With the demo for this being so short, I just compensated by dialling the sensitivity to the minimum, while putting the gyro to the max, but I think I'll be fine on the default when playing the full game.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Starting the game now! Glad to see that the DLC will be on PSN since I didn't pre order.

Drpunch

Neo Member
Does anyone know where I can redeem the pre-order dlc? I didn't pre-order it, but I got a code when I bought it today for it and I can't seem to find anywhere to redeem it.

Grisby

Does anyone know where I can redeem the pre-order dlc? I didn't pre-order it, but I got a code when I bought it today for it and I can't seem to find anywhere to redeem it.
On your Vita, click on the PS store icon. Before launching it look up and you should see a little calender button of some sort. Click on it and redeem!

branny

I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far, but I wonder how I'll feel after the honeymoon wears off.

I'm just wondering why we can't map the slide to a button...or the evade to a button...

vesp

store really needs to hurry up, I'm excited to play the first vita game since my launch day wipeout/stardust/lumines batch.

Cudder

up to Episode 3 now, this game is lots of fun. But oh god it's like Infamous all over again trying to obsessively collect any gems you come across.
3AQmK.gif

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Thanks Gravity Rush and to Amazon's "Buy Vita Get $50 Credit" I just - just a few mins from now bought a Vita from them (so technically didn't break my $200 or nor buy rule I was going with all over the Vita threads before..so I am still good on that) or maybe I just couldn't miss the Folklore of Vita :D

Flunkie

Banned
Wow...the beginning of the game is nothing like the demo. Way different.

Yeah. I keep wanting to move the fucking camera but it's locked on certain spots. I keep wanting to run around and kick shit but I'm forced through dialogue. I keep wanting to freely fly around and it keeps popping up telling me what to do!

Eusis

Makes me glad I only messed with the Japanese demo awhile back if that's the case! Give enough time for it to be hazy and not disappointed that I have to go through setup first.

Top Bottom