• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Oh my god. FUCK THAT DUDE AND HIS SON AND HIS HOUSE.

FUCK THEM.

That's how I felt too. Kinda wanted to smash a house on them. But yeah... *story spoilers*
they'll forget about it towards the end lol.

Jasoneyu

Oh my god. FUCK THAT DUDE AND HIS SON AND HIS HOUSE.

FUCK THEM.

"woah thanks for saving my son at the risk of your own life and your amazing super powers.... wait you didn't possess super human strength to save the house too? FUCK YOUUUU you are now a evil demon girl"

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Is there a way to know how many gems are there in each area?

Just finished ch. 7 "too many secrets" and it was the best so far.

solarus

Is anyone else in the UK able to buy this off of psn it's not appearing for me :( any advice? The new icon is there but clicking it only shows the demo, and I am referring to the new icon with the golden border.

theBishop

Banned
this.

I just don't understand the harsh reviews this game is getting here and there. it's by no means a perfect 10 but I'm getting the feeling that some journalists are mad about lack of games and are beating GR up too much for not being perfect.

Takes me back to 2006/7 when every PS3 review ended with "ultimately, this is not a reason to buy a PS3.".

Synless

Hmm, perhaps my 3DS has a problem then as the Vita and 3DS both play at similar volumes for me (both are too quiet).

I'm dabbling around with old handhelds again and it always surprises me just how LOUD the Sega GameGear was. It doesn't sound good, mind you, but it's fucking loud.

The textures aren't bad, really. It's the lack of anisotropic filtering that absolutely murders the detail in each scene, however. That would make a huge difference (as would a higher resolution).
My 3DS's sound is borderline deafening. I wish the Vita had sound like that.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Spoilers that you
fight the main antagonist in the game?

Yes, because how OFTEN you fight that antagonist in the game is unknown.
Until now. Now we know that you at least fight Raven twice.
:/

It never fails in threads like this.

Even the
stuff with the guy and his house-I don't know, I haven't played the game yet - is spoilerific to me. Comments like "Man, that guy who I just saved his kid was so ungrateful! What a delightfully surprising moment that I didn't expect! Let me share it without spoiler tags!"

It's kind of annoying, honestly. I like reading about what people think of the game in terms of broad fun factor, nitpicks, visuals, music, controls, etc, but the specifics I just don't want to read about in the OT. The spoiler thread, yes. The OT. NO.

Cudder

Yes, because how OFTEN you fight that antagonist in the game is unknown.
Until now. Now we know that you at least fight Raven twice.
:/

It never fails in threads like this.

Even the
stuff with the guy and his house-I don't know, I haven't played the game yet - is spoilerific to me. Comments like "Man, that guy who I just saved his kid was so ungrateful! What a delightfully surprising moment that I didn't expect! Let me share it without spoiler tags!"

It's kind of annoying, honestly. I like reading about what people think of the game in terms of broad fun factor, nitpicks, visuals, music, controls, etc, but the specifics I just don't want to read about in the OT. The spoiler thread, yes. The OT. NO.
To be fair, I don't know how many times you fight. I just said first fight because
I fought her pretty early in the game and assumed you fight her multiple times.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Huge story spoilers and questions:

Is Kat a goddess who's dreaming the entire world? I forgot who she was but I don't think it was explained well. I know Raven used to be a kid who fell into the gravity storm but emerged as "Raven", how did that come to be?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
My 3DS's sound is borderline deafening. I wish the Vita had sound like that.
I'm kind of jealous then and it makes me wonder if Nintendo has made changes to the hardware. My 3DS is a launch unit. When did you purchase yours? The volume is absolutely too low on my 3DS. It's quieter than either of my DS units (DS Lite and DSi XL), quieter than a PSP, and similar to a Vita.

Now I'm really curious.

solarus

I'm kind of jealous then and it makes me wonder if Nintendo has made changes to the hardware. My 3DS is a launch unit. When did you purchase yours? The volume is absolutely too low on my 3DS. It's quieter than either of my DS units (DS Lite and DSi XL), quieter than a PSP, and similar to a Vita.

Now I'm really curious.

Change the sound from surround to stereo, it becomes much louder.

TheUnsane1

Neo Member
So here's how my day has gone:
1. Wake up and buy this from the psn store.
2. Get ready for work while it is downloading.
3. Rush out the door to work a little late because I waited for the download to finish.
4. Eat my lunch super fast so I could start the game.
5. Load the game to find out it wants me to install an update to my vita.
6. Become super disappointed because there is no wifi to hook up to at work.

Vlodril

Ill add my voice to fuck you dude and son ..

Is there anyway to invert the motion controls because i can't use them as is.

Spoilers that
you fight the main antagonist in the game?

What if somebody went on media black out and decided to pop in and voice their opinion - you thinking "everybody knows this anyway" is insensitive.

I don't like spoilers before playing games. Based on the demo I have no idea who the main antagonist is.

But as I see your other posts you continue to not give a fuck, so carry on.

This. I enjoy this thread but if this continues I just wont come back. I'd rather see long pages of black strips to unknowingly seeing something I dont want to.

edit:
i.e.
Same here. Thanks a bunch Cudder.

Actually, I didn't know that was the main antagonist until this post..

I rest my case.

Just sent a PM to Cudder asking him to edit his post. Sorry for you that saw it.

Also to anybody that quoted him edit your post.

So here's how my day has gone:
1. Wake up and buy this from the psn store.
2. Get ready for work while it is downloading.
3. Rush out the door to work a little late because I waited for the download to finish.
4. Eat my lunch super fast so I could start the game.
5. Load the game to find out it wants me to install an update to my vita.
6. Become super disappointed because there is no wifi to hook up to at work.

That sucks man, but you gotta check for those OS updates once in a while.

Cudder

Thought this part of the game was pretty cool
2012-06-13-162432.jpg
Spoilers, bro. I didn't know you walk through bluish environments.

Kerub

Banned
Yep. It will take me forever to finish this because I'm just flying around talking to people and collecting stuff.

Beautiful game!

jtrov

Incredible game so far. Purchased it late last night from PSN and I was definitely sleep deprived today due to a very long play session. I just couldn't stop playing. Even if I wasn't doing a story related mission, there was much fun to be had just traversing the world, collecting gems, checking out challenges, and just exploring the hell out of this gorgeously crafted world. I just love the aesthetics of the game and the industrial look the city. I also love messing with people in the city with my gravity powers, especially with stasis bubble. NPC's wanna be snarky in a conversation...? Then enjoy this thrill ride.

A little bummed that I won't be able to get the Military outfit until a far later episode, but I'll live. Speaking of which, do you get many other costumes that aren't dlc related?

Can't wait to dive back in later today. So happy to finally be able to play this game and it surely doesn't disappoint thus far.

B.O.O.M

umm yeaah I think I'm going to stay away from this thread until I'm done with the game. Don't want any form of spoilers.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
So you're just ruling out ever getting a Vita? That seems a little strange.

Just started the game. It's pretty awesome.

It's the problem Sony faces with the Vita:

Gamers; We want intriguing, fun, and quality games for the Vita before I buy one!!

Sony: Ok, here's Gravity Rush!

Gamers: Meh, it looks awesome, but, you know...Vita. I'll pass.

jgmo870

Banned
Spoilers that you fight the main antagonist in the game?

She's not the main antagonist

Huge story spoilers and questions:

Is Kat a goddess who's dreaming the entire world? I forgot who she was but I don't think it was explained well. I know Raven used to be a kid who fell into the gravity storm but emerged as "Raven", how did that come to be?

She's a princess/queen of a foreign dimension. I'm not sure whether Gade or the crazy blue haired girl is directly responsible for creating the world. But the blue haired girl is dreaming up what occurs in it. Time runs differently in the underground place with all the trees. It was never explained how she got her guardian.

anddo0

umm yeaah I think I'm going to stay away from this thread until I'm done with the game. Don't want any form of spoilers.

The picture wasn't that bad.. You reach that spot in the game fairly early on.
It's nowhere near as bad as mentioning bosses you fight. Which I've had the misfortune of reading (not spoiler tagged) in this very thread.

Takao

Banned
oh man guys did you get to the point where kat gets the flu and eats a gigantic hamburger that sid gives her it was so funny

Top Bottom