• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Fuck Rift Plane Health Race. Fuck it in the face.

The messed up camera angles at times and random crap in the way... goddamn

I'd seriously like to shake the hand of whoever created this map.

If one area showcases how the controls can get seriously fucked up then its this challenge. Well done guys, well done.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm meant to be saving some policemen, the first one showed up on my map and had a little indicator, but the next one didn't. If it's a bug, it's an irritating one.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Haha, yeah, that one took me a while. But once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad. You have a lot of room for the gold time (especially if
you just fly through those lava "fountains" instead of drifting underneath
).

I'm meant to be saving some policemen, the first one showed up on my map and had a little indicator, but the next one didn't. If it's a bug, it's an irritating one.
Is that the mission in the industrial part? I think you only get the next indicator when you're close to the next man. You're supposed to look for them yourself.

Noi

Started up the Maid sidequests. Based on when the three DLC packs take place, I can't help but wonder if it'd have made more sense to release this pack first and leave the military one for last.

Edit: Had to time these juuuust right.

Qm2If.jpg

SxlYD.jpg

Finished the game today. Great ride. Loved the art style and pacing. Never got the hang of the gravity slide and targeting got a bit more difficult near the end. who is
Alias

Maid Pack all done

Maxed out all abilities/powers

Have over 10k gems on hand

Got every trophy

Officially done with Gravity Rush. 9/10

Not my GOTY, but it's close

SQUEEEEEEE~ @ the maid pics!

Gravity Rush is pretty much Ass Creed 1. Unique gameplay, a cool world, cool characters, and that's about it.

It definitely feels rushed/half ass port. non native res, fickle framerate, a general lack of production value (a lot of 'fade to blacks' instead of ... stuff happening).

If this DOES get ported to ps3, I might just be done with my vita :/

But alas, the only way for a sequel to happen is if the game got more sales.

catch 22.

Completely disagree with this.....the game is pure awesomeness!

It was hard, but I managed to get a time of 3:12 on it yesterday.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Guh, anyone have any tips for the last part of Auldnoir Free Race II? I'd gravity slide through that last part, but the jumps seem to be too high for her to keep up forward momentum. Stuck at 2:05 at the moment. :/

SQUEEEEEEE~ @ the maid pics!

Completely disagree with this.....the game is pure awesomeness!

It was hard, but I managed to get a time of 3:12 on it yesterday.

Never said it isn't awesome, but it's hard to defend the shortcomings. On chapter 19 right now, should be done this week. Currently feeling somewhere between a high 7 to mid 8.

How much are the dlc's in US dollars? Are they about the same length as the military one?

Never said it isn't awesome, but it's hard to defend the shortcomings. On chapter 19 right now, should be done this week. Currently feeling somewhere between a high 7 to mid 8.

How much are the dlc's in US dollars? Are they about the same length as the military one?

$3.99 each, exactly the same length (military is simply the third DLC).

Guh, anyone have any tips for the last part of Auldnoir Free Race II? I'd gravity slide through that last part, but the jumps seem to be too high for her to keep up forward momentum. Stuck at 2:05 at the moment. :/

Aim straight for the markers and when you hit it, immediately press R

Skyzard

Banned
In UK they are just over £3 i think.

Im gonna wait for them all to come out and do them one after the other to get a decent run in the game again. Then later in the year / next year il replay the whole thing no doubt.

I'll be doing the same exact thing. Reinforced after I just picked up FFVII, VIII and IX for £4 each.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aim straight for the markers and when you hit it, immediately press R
I actually figured out that I needed to jump the moment I hit the ground so that she would jump forward without hitting the wall. Gravity sliding with jumps is a horrible, horrible thing to inflict on someone. lol

Funny enough, it turns out that the combat is fun when you're allowed to use your super power an infinite number of times. Too bad you can't do that in the rest of the game. :p

worth it?
It's 2 missions per pack and 2 challenges... so 1 dollar per "thing" I guess. It's pretty pricey, but if you like the game, what can ya do?
(I probably don't feel as bad about it since I paid 10 bucks for the game though :p)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Do I get a chance to revisit the
children's village at the bottom of the tower
again? I didn't complete all the challenges at the time.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh wow, so even after the Maid pack, you don't get to level up past the max at the end of the vanilla game.

That just seems unfair, because the people who got early access to the Military pack get a gameplay advantage. Of course, why lock progression to the DLC at all, especially since there's no new game+? By the time a non-preorder person finishes the game and gets all the DLC, there's no reason to be at max level.

Ken

Oh wow, so even after the Maid pack, you don't get to level up past the max at the end of the vanilla game.

That just seems unfair, because the people who got early access to the Military pack get a gameplay advantage. Of course, why lock progression to the DLC at all, especially since there's no new game+? By the time a non-preorder person finishes the game and gets all the DLC, there's no reason to be at max level.

I don't get this complaint. What progression is there in the DLC? And gameplay advantage?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't get this complaint. What progression is there in the DLC? And gameplay advantage?
Eh, having level 6 special attacks would make some of the combat challenges easier. Being able to move around faster (however marginal it is) would be nice too.

But that's the thing, it doesn't matter, but it's still locked away for some reason.

i dont get it, i don't recall getting more than a handful of gems during the whole special forces mission.

Ken

Eh, having level 6 special attacks would make some of the combat challenges easier. Being able to move around faster (however marginal it is) would be nice too.

But that's the thing, it doesn't matter, but it's still locked away for some reason.

So the DLC opens up additional levels to skills, levels that can't be reached without DLC?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So the DLC opens up additional levels to skills, levels that can't be reached without DLC?
Yeah, pretty much.

i dont get it, i don't recall getting more than a handful of gems during the whole special forces mission.
It's not about the gems, it's about access to high levels being locked out because your reputation is too low. It even tells you that you need to complete DLC to unlock higher levels.

never knew that. always thought reputation is tied to doing story missions and donating gems to unlock challenge stages.

hmmm...

btw: is gravity kick tied to story progression? It doesn't seem to level up like the others.

Ken

Yeah, pretty much.

It's not about the gems, it's about access to high levels being locked out because your reputation is too low. It even tells you that you need to complete DLC to unlock higher levels.

I see. That makes more sense. Doesn't really bother me though since I finished the game months before any DLC came out, and people already had some crazy challenge times without the additional levels in skills.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
never knew that. always thought reputation is tied to doing story missions and donating gems to unlock challenge stages.

hmmm...

btw: is gravity kick tied to story progression? It doesn't seem to level up like the others.
It's tied to it insomuch as it's tied to your rank. I think it was possible to max out the kick in the vanilla game.

I see. That makes more sense. Doesn't really bother me though since I finished the game months before any DLC came out, and people already had some crazy challenge times without the additional levels in skills.
After some struggling, I managed to gold medal the latest DLC challenges. I just want to max out those bars at this point. lol

f@luS

More than a member.
Just a question. If i sell my GR and buy it again in x time will my save be working? Is there a list of the game and their kind of save on vita? I know NG is on card for exemple

wouwie

I found all the travellers monday and removed the game from my Vita to start playing something else but i miss this game in a way. Despite it's shortcoming, it was a memorable experience. I'd be interested in buying the soundtrack so hopefully it will turn up on the psn store someday.

I've been wondering about getting the DLC but i rarely buy DLC because it often doesn't add much the game. Is there more gem collecting in the DLC? I enjoyed zipping through and under the towns.

Ran into the strangest glitch in the Maid pack, near the end of the first side mission:
after collecting the manuscript and being told to return to Aujean, I instead travelled off-map exploring the area. When I came out of the teleport, the navigation point was set to where the last piece of manuscript was despite it not being there, and I couldn't find Aujean...

I found all the travellers monday and removed the game from my Vita to start playing something else but i miss this game in a way. Despite it's shortcoming, it was a memorable experience. I'd be interested in buying the soundtrack so hopefully it will turn up on the psn store someday.

I've been wondering about getting the DLC but i rarely buy DLC because it often doesn't add much the game. Is there more gem collecting in the DLC? I enjoyed zipping through and under the towns.

If you mean you deleted the game bubble, I hope you backed up somehow because if you didn't, your save is now gone.

There is some minimal gem collecting in some of the DLC, but no more than there would be during a typical story mission. They are really more to be extensions of the story, and to add some pretty neat challenges. Like, for example, the Maid pack has a combat challenge where your gravity/special meters never deplete and an absurd number of enemies spawn.

Yjynx

Finally platinum'd the game. Great game but they definitely baiting for a sequel isn't it? (too many loose end). Definitely wanting for more are the dlc any good?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I don't care if this has been brought up before, because this is too darn cute:

Is that what someone was referring to in the other topic about some game using its trophies like Gravity Rush, I was wondering what they were talking about as I don't have the DLCs and it didn't look anything like the normal games trophies.

mauaus

I love this game sooo much but i really wish the dlc wasn't included on the psn download/cartridge... i feel cheated unlocking something i technically already own...

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
I love this game sooo much but i really wish the dlc wasn't included on the psn download/cartridge... i feel cheated unlocking something i technically already own...
Then don't think of it as something you already own, as the publisher clearly doesn't.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is that what someone was referring to in the other topic about some game using its trophies like Gravity Rush, I was wondering what they were talking about as I don't have the DLCs and it didn't look anything like the normal games trophies.
Yeah, using the trophy images to make a bigger image is pretty fun. It gives you extra incentive to unlock them all anyway.

Yeah, using the trophy images to make a bigger image is pretty fun. It gives you extra incentive to unlock them all anyway.

My question is, do you have to earn the trophies in order for it to display properly? Not sure if trophies are always in the same order or if they're sorted by order earned.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My question is, do you have to earn the trophies in order for it to display properly? Not sure if trophies are always in the same order or if they're sorted by order earned.
Nope. On Vita, the default sort order is "Original", which is what the developer wants I would guess.

Of course, if you change the sort order to "Earned" or something else, then it will look all scrambled.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What conditions ? I downloaded the pack and I'm on mission 19 but there's nothing on my map...
Some of them only start after certain missions. I don't have the Military DLC, so I don't know what they are.

The first time you start the game up after downloading it, the game should say it's installing the DLC though.

AppleBlade

I just completed Chapter 13 of Gravity Rush - "Children just don't understand" and damn this game is now my GOTY thus far. I also love playing this on my Vita!

Top Bottom