• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gravity Rush |OT| C’est la Vita

Ken

Mine shipped. Not sure if I'll open it and play again for the story but I'll be looking forward to hearing impressions here.

Oh yeah, not really a spoiler but
you cannot miss the platinum trophy, and some of the trophies are much easier to obtain after a cleared game. Also, don't worry about running out of gems. If you do enough collecting you will eventually be able to max out everything.

Mine shipped. Not sure if I'll open it and play again for the story but I'll be looking forward to hearing impressions here.

Oh yeah, not really a spoiler but
you cannot miss the platinum trophy, and some of the trophies are much easier to obtain after a cleared game. Also, don't worry about running out of gems. If you do enough collecting you will eventually be able to max out everything.

Story is worth it IMO.

It was actually a major surprise for me, considering I wasn't expecting much. Really love the whimsical nature of it all.

And yeah, this was my first platinum trophy. XD

The time is almost here, and I am very excited. I really enjoyed the demo, as the game is really right up my alley. Can't wait to play it!

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Anyone else order from Asda direct for this?
I looked at the status and it says "On Backorder", I'm not sure how Asda sort this all out, I was wondering if anyone else's is also on the same status.

Carl

I intend to download it on UK release on Friday. I just hope SCEE doesn't charge the Earth for it like they did with Resistance

K1LLER7

Anyone else order from Asda direct for this?
I looked at the status and it says "On Backorder", I'm not sure how Asda sort this all out, I was wondering if anyone else's is also on the same status.

Mines the same status, they tend to dispatch it a day or 2 before release date. Happened with my Dragons Dogma and got it on release

Got home from work and my Internet connection was down (ISP problems) - it finally came up and the first thing I did was check out this thread!

Beautiful work Takao - definitely worth the wait! Welcome back! :)

My EB Manager amigo called me today to tell me my copy is awaiting me in his store cabinet along with MGS2/3qHD. I was wondering earlier which game I'd play first, but this thread has tipped me over the edge; I won't be able to wait for the weekend to dive into Gravity Rush...

I can't wait!

So instead of just going 'lol 3 stars, giantbomb'. A lot of issues or w/e Alex has seem like valid points.

Folks that finished this, would you agree or disagree with some of the 'issues' brought up?

Giant Bomb has also given 3/5 to Uncharted, Escape Plan and Wipeout on the Vita so I wouldn't worry about it too much

only babies care about scores written by different reviewers (and a 3 is still a good game for GB).

I know I might be a crazy one, but I actually care about the context of the review text more than the scores.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Gonna pick this up with two other games tomorrow since I got a buy two get one free coupon at Bestbuy. Can't wait!

AkuMifune

Banned
I know I might be a crazy one, but I actually care about the context of the review text more than the scores.

His main criticism was that the gravity mechanic is cool, but never evolved or challenged him. He wasn't engaged in the story, the boss fights weren't fun and that a lot of the game is indecipherable to him. But in my experience, the core mechanic is only a small part of what I'm interested in, the rest of the package seems just as exciting. I dunno. It all seems overly harsh compared to what else is out there, so it's gonna draw some ire until we all get our hands on it. Soon. So soon.

It's the whole GB conundrum. Sure 3/5 is fine in a vacuum, but that score doesn't exist in a vacuum: it's a 6/10 on metacritic will likely sit at the bottom of the pile.
I know, boo hoo. Fuck Metacritic too.

Takao

Banned
A 6/10 would indeed be the worst review the game received. The lowest scores so far are a 6.5 from Destructoid, and a 7.5 from IGN.

Massa

Did reviewers find this game too easy or too hard. Get confused with the double talk.

I don't think any of the reviews claimed it's too hard, but GiantBomb's and IGN's have the same complaint:

There is a maddening lack of precision in the airborne combat that makes this increased agility an absolute chore. You're not likely to die too often (especially given the bountiful numbers of health power-ups scattered around), but you are likely to get frustrated as you find yourself trying to line up a highly precise attack, only to have the Nevi move out of the way at the last second or get knocked out of the air by an unseen attacker.

I found the difficulty just right.

I'm also surprised with the complaints about Kat not really pursuing her lost memories etc.

Sure she wants to know, but she realizes that dwelling on it is a waste of time when she could just be living her life.

I personally found it refreshing.

As for the gravity mechanic, I thought there was plenty of cool stuff to do with all your different skills, but I guess GB didn't see it that way. Combat was simple but easy to get into and fun. Especially some of the crazy aerial battles.

Part of the game is learning how to adjust mid flight when you're up against constantly moving enemies.

Ken

So instead of just going 'lol 3 stars, giantbomb'. A lot of issues or w/e Alex has seem like valid points.

Folks that finished this, would you agree or disagree with some of the 'issues' brought up?

Only played the import so I can't comment on the story.

The combat never really evolves IMO. You're steadily given new skills to add to the combat, but it never actually gets complex. This isn't a game to get for the combat system.

There actually isn't a whole lot to do in the game besides gem collecting, flying through cities, the story quests, and challenges. You can't interact with NPCs in meaningful ways and there are no side-quests to pick up.

Just "pre-ordered" a few hours ago thanks to this thread. Gotta dig up my Vita. Don't really have time to play, but I'll probably give it a few minutes before I set it aside for later.

Takao

Banned
Just got a shipping notice, yay!

Also, Sony Asia is releasing the comic:

7162534195_d80e11a744_b.jpg

7347744190_dc3d429fba_b.jpg

Eusis

Just checked the PS Store, still no game :(.
What region? I dunno if Europe updates "early" but if you're checking the NA store it's going to be a waste of time to be checking constantly: the store won't update for about another 15 hours.

Darkone

What region? I dunno if Europe updates "early" but if you're checking the NA store it's going to be a waste of time to be checking constantly: the store won't update for about another 15 hours.

NA region, so 15 hours to wait, bummer.

Danj

Don't know if anyone's already seen this but Sony are doing a giveaway where you can win a Vita and a copy of Gravity Rush. Unfortunately it requires Pinterest and honestly I don't understand it at all. Can't you just stick to Twitter and Facebook giveaways, guys?

So... I finished the game. Was awesome from the beginning to the end
I was supposed to be studying for my exam this week, but oh well
. My only gripe is that the loose ends aren't tied up as well as I would like it to be, but maybe that's because I'm not done with the side-missions and stuff. Regardless, this definitely makes room for a sequel, looking forward to it!

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Finally got my mess sorted out with Amazon, so now it's "Shipping Soon."

I won't be getting it today, but man, I can't wait! I did get my DLC code from Amazon, so I downloaded the mission pack, but I think I have to wait for the game install, since it's just sitting in my download list, and not listed in my PS Vita App list when I go to manage my files.

I'm going crazy waiting for my copy to arrive! This has been one of my most anticipated games for Vita.

so i finally got a way for my vita to connect to internet here in china. After 2 hrs to dl that ~500mb demo.. I think i might be sold.

Camera feels a bit wonky and the upscaled visuals really does hurt the presentation quite a bit. Will probably still give it a shot tomorrow.

Any confirmation if this will be 40 or 36 on psn?

crinale

To those of you trying out this game tomorrow:

Please give gyro-aiming a try before turning it off!
Right stick for coarse aiming and gyro for fine fine-tuning your final aim work like a charm.

Reclaimer

What time do games show up on the Vita PSN Store?

Was hoping to play a bit before work, but alas, neither Gravity or MGS is up on the store yet.

Top Bottom