• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA:SA DELAYED! (and so is Midnight Club: Dub Edition)

by one week

10/18 -> 10/26

Take-Two has an extensive product lineup planned this holiday season, beginning in the fourth quarter. Rockstar will introduce Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the next iteration in the globally successful franchise which has sold over 32 million units. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas will be available exclusively for the PlayStation 2 and is expected to be in stores in North America on October 26, 2004 and in Europe on October 29, 2004. The title's launch date was moved to allow additional time for final testing of the game, which exceeds the size, depth and scope of traditional videogames. Rockstar has been extensively previewing the game to the trade press, and the title has appeared on the cover of several key trade publications since it was revealed to the public at this year's E3 industry tradeshow. Rockstar also plans to release an extension of the Grand Theft Auto franchise for the Game Boy Advance in late October.

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, the third installment in the multi-million unit selling, genre-defining Midnight Club racing franchise developed by Rockstar San Diego, is planned for release on PlayStation 2 and Xbox in January 2005. The Warriors(TM), a new title based on the Paramount Pictures feature film, is scheduled for launch on PlayStation 2 in April 2005. Additional products planned for fiscal 2005 from Rockstar Games include Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC in the third quarter, as well as two new console titles based on proven brands from Rockstar's internal studios, in the third and fourth quarters. Rockstar also plans to release Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in Japan in fiscal 2005.

Chittagong

Gold Member
as if Rockstar wouldn't have money to pay for doubling the amount of testers for a week or having them work at night. I doubt any testing house would have declined, although it's a busy season.

Kon Tiki

Banned
screen2_large.jpg

Delayed to include BO3 sparks I bet.

Justin Bailey said:
Glad to hear they're giving it that extra one-week polish.
screen4_large.jpg

Looks pretty polished to me. :p

cja

Just micro-managing the release of GTA:SA to try and hide the weakass performance of everything else it sells.

Take Two PR said:
Additional products planned for fiscal 2005 from Rockstar Games include Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PC in the third quarter
Take Two Q3 = May-July

Link316

Banned
they're most likely delaying it so that they can record some of the GTA revenue in Q1 which starts in Nov

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
cja said:
Just micro-managing the release of GTA:SA to try and hide the weakass performance of everything else it sells.
Heh. That'd be funny if it was accurate. Go have a look-see at the NPD numbers for Red Dead Revolver, their last major release this year.

Go on.

By the way, they lost money this quarter. Listening to the conference call now (started @ 4:30pm - they're on the QA session now)

They've stated that they listed all of the major sellers for the next fiscal year in terms of those making a substantial contribution to the P&L.

Which doesn't sound good for GTA:SA in fiscal 2005 for the Xbox.

cja

sonycowboy said:
Actually, they didn't disappoint. They surpassed revenue expectations and were within analyst estimates for net income.
Tell thestreet.com that ;)

No premium price point for GTA:SA btw.
Duke Nukem not in the plan for '05!

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
cja, your statement made reference to the "weakass performance" of everything else they sell, not their numbers on the stock market. That is what you said. :)

So go ahead and check those Red Dead Revolver NPD sales figures, rectify that with your "weakass performance" crack, and come on back. Go on, I'll wait!

sonycowboy said:
Actually, they didn't disappoint. They surpassed revenue expectations and were within analyst estimates for net income.

Take-Two misses FY 05 earnings estimates.

Company EPS guidance: $2.00 - $2.20 (median is $2.10)

Analysts' average estimate: $2.26 (according to Yahoo Finance)

Wedbush Morgan's estimate: $2.15

cja

bishoptl said:
cja, your statement made reference to the "weakass performance" of everything else they sell, not their numbers on the stock market. That is what you said. :)

So go ahead and check those Red Dead Revolver NPD sales figures, rectify that with your "weakass performance" crack, and come on back. Go on, I'll wait!
A games, financial, performance is relative :) . Selling a million copies of a game that has had a multi-million dollar marketing campaign and has been in development for 3+ years doesn't necessarily mean it will make money. Conversely a game that sells 100,000 units, has been developed by a small team in six months and has just a few print ads could be deemed a success. NBA Ballers, Driv3r, RDR. They all spent months in NPD top 10s but all were very costly to make and advertise (Midway spent $10m on their ad campaign, MTV specials don't come cheap). All three publishers are having a rough time of it recently. Unit sales aren't everything.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
ive been playing BO3 all day and now those shots of MC:DUB are making me gag, looks last gen.

I wonder if this change to SA will affect the PAL released (which was penciled in as the 22nd)

Ghost said:
ive been playing BO3 all day and now those shots of MC:DUB are making me gag, looks last gen.

I wonder if this change to SA will affect the PAL released (which was penciled in as the 22nd)

PAL - 29th October. It's in the first post.

And boo to you playing BO3. I was going to get it today but never got time. Now I won't be able to play it until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Society said:
bandana.jpg

Don't kill me. :(

Lol

I wonder if the managers at work will notice that the people who had holidays booked for the 22nd are suddenly wanting them changed to the 29th (there's at least 3 people I know of, I'm not one of them btw).

Top Bottom