• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone help with my Vita <---> PS3 coop question from the last page? My housemate and I can't figure it out. :-(

VanWinkle

About to try co-op out with my housemate, and want to clarify how it works. I have the Vita version, and we'll be using his PS3, which doesn't have the game installed. Will I have to log in to his PS3 with my PSN account and download Guacamelee there, too? Or is there some sort of ad hoc network that we can create?

I'm new to both the PS3 and the Vita, so sorry if this stuff is super obvious.

This is the relevant part of the OP for what I'm trying to do, right?

Yes. Login to your account on his PS3, download the game from your download list under Account Management -> Transaction Management, and then go from there with the instructions you quoted.

Edit: Actually, the part you quoted doesn't correlate with what you're asking. However, you DO need to do that. It gets the Vita ready to connect to the PS3 when you're ready to play co-op on the TV. So do that while the game is downloading or something. THEN, there should be instructions in the OP about how to connect the Vita in the game to play co-op.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yes. Login to your account on his PS3, download the game from your download list under Account Management -> Transaction Management, and then go from there with the instructions you quoted.

Edit: Actually, the part you quoted doesn't correlate with what you're asking. However, you DO need to do that. It gets the Vita ready to connect to the PS3 when you're ready to play co-op on the TV. So do that while the game is downloading or something. THEN, there should be instructions in the OP about how to connect the Vita in the game to play co-op.
None of the steps in the OP are working for us. :-

VanWinkle

None of the steps in the OP are working for us. :-

At what point are you in the steps you quoted in which it wouldn't let you get any further?

It doesn't say it in that list, and I don't know if you're doing it, but I THINK the Vita needs to be connected to the PS3 via USB when you are registering it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
At what point are you in the steps you quoted in which it wouldn't let you get any further?

It doesn't say it in that list, and I don't know if you're doing it, but I THINK the Vita needs to be connected to the PS3 via USB when you are registering it.
The Vita is registered with the PS3, and the only thing we're able to get to work is the thing where you play the game on the PS3 with the map displayed on the Vita. We can't figure out cross system coop. There IS cross system coop, right?

VanWinkle

The Vita is registered with the PS3, and the only thing we're able to get to work is the thing where you play the game on the PS3 with the map displayed on the Vita. We can't figure out cross system coop. There IS cross system coop, right?

There is co-op where one player is playing with the dualshock and one player is playing with the Vita (by pressing the start button [i think] on the Vita). The screen on the Vita continues to show the map, but you both appear on the TV.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There is co-op where one player is playing with the dualshock and one player is playing with the Vita (by pressing the start button [i think] on the Vita). The screen on the Vita continues to show the map, but you both appear on the TV.
We tried that, but it just prompted us to use a second Dual Shock controller, lol. Which works for us for now, whatevs.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fun game. Should be a fairly quick/easy plat, for those that are interested.
I think I clocked around 9:15 at the time of beating the game. That's with 100% completion.
Managed to get all of the trophies save for the one that requires beating it in Hard mode.

Not sure if I'll get around to replaying it anytime soon.
But it was good times while it lasted.

Edit - I hear that there's an alternate ending if you beat it without acquiring certain optional items.
I wound up getting them all before starting the final dungeon.
Could someone please sum up that alt. ending, please?

Eusis

Can anyone help with my Vita <---> PS3 coop question from the last page? My housemate and I can't figure it out. :-(
Long version: Read this.

Short version: Assuming you registered the Vita with the PS3 start Remote Play on Vita after the game starts. You don't need to actually have the game on your Vita.

If you want to use it as the 1P controller reassign the PS3 controller to Controller 2. I'm actually impressed by how low latency the controls are, if it weren't for the occassional hiccup I'd rather just use the Vita, but as is I think I'll use it as a map or just when I want to play away from PS3.

EDIT: I see you followed the OP, and that had that information. Still, it's basically boils down to starting Vita's regular Remote Play post-game bootup, you can't do remote play before the game's started.

M.D

Dammit, I'm missing $2 to buy this game after I got the $10 credit -_-

I'll have to buy a $20 card if I want to get this game :/

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Tree top mask challenge is definitely the hardest thing the game has thrown at me so far. I can't get past the part with the blades (the 4th or 5th checkpoint). How do you get from one side of the beam to the other? Special moves only recharge once you hit the ground, and it feels like I need more than one dash to get to right end. Double jump doesn't seem to work here.

Also, how much longer does this thing last?

edit: I figured it out, dash first, uppercut second. Inferno continues.

ta9qi

Finally got it

sorry for the bad screenshot, One x camera is a disaster @@
this is my first platinum in yeeears, this game is an addiction

Tree top mask challenge is definitely the hardest thing the game has thrown at me so far. I can't get past the part with the blades (the 4th or 5th checkpoint). How do you get from one side of the beam to the other? Special moves only recharge once you hit the ground, and it feels like I need more than one dash to get to right end. Double jump doesn't seem to work here.

Also, how much longer does this thing last?

edit: I figured it out, dash first, uppercut second. Inferno continues.

Goat fly? Or did you do the silly thing and do it before you even got the ability?

Just finished hard mode and got my platinum. Great game.

Groof

I'm really stumped as to where the final thing I'm missing is in Temple of War. I've got 93% and I found a tiny T-shaped room that I hadn't been to before but there was nothing in there. What am I missing?!

Also, what's the best way to get the Catch the Rainbow! achievement? I don't really understand which attacks they mean.

ta9qi

Also, what's the best way to get the Catch the Rainbow! achievement? I don't really understand which attacks they mean.
try it in "caverns del pollo" the last -third- part, and the fight when you face a giant monster "alone" in a small room
you must damage him with the 6 special attacks without touching the ground "i think you can land on the red floor though" ! Goodluck

Groof

try it in "caverns del pollo" the last -third- part, and the fight when you face a giant monster "alone" in a small room
you must damage him with the 6 special attacks without touching the ground "i think you can land on the red floor though" ! Goodluck

Alright I'll try it out there, thanks! But which attacks do they mean?

nampad

Finally got it

sorry for the bad screenshot, One x camera is a disaster @@
this is my first platinum in yeeears, this game is an addiction

Push start and the ps button at the same time to capture a screenshot on the vita. Works except in the psp emulator or when a developer deactivates it (because of spoilers).

ta9qi

Alright I'll try it out there, thanks! But which attacks do they mean?
- Right + Circle (Blue)
- Up + Circle (Red)
- Down Circle (Green)
- Circle (Yellow)
- (Stuck to the wall+up) Goat Climb
- (Stuck to the wall + opposite direction) Goat Fly
Push start and the ps button at the same time to capture a screenshot on the vita. Works except in the psp emulator or when a developer deactivates it (because of spoilers).
i was too lazy to do this, cuz sending the pic to the pc need some effort p=

Groof

- Right + Circle (Blue)
- Up + Circle (Red)
- Down Circle (Green)
- Circle (Yellow)
- (Stuck to the wall+up) Goat Climb
- (Stuck to the wall + opposite direction) Goat Fly

Oh what, the climb and fly are counted as well? God damn!
Thanks though, I'll go try it out in a bit. :)

ta9qi

Oh what, the climb and fly are counted as well? God damn!
Thanks though, I'll go try it out in a bit. :)
no worries, when you know the place it will not be that difficult, just try not to be hit by the giant so he dont throw you on the ground
the real hard-best challenges in the game are the puzzles for the orbs..!
you welcome

The best place for Catch the Rainbow is actually the gym, as you won't get attacked and he has infinite life. You just need to make sure you don't finish all the combos before you get all the abilities.

Groof

no worries, when you know the place it will not be that difficult, just try not to be hit by the giant so he dont throw you on the ground
the real hard-best challenges in the game are the puzzles for the orbs..!
you welcome

Yeah the orbs were challenging stuff. I'm currently searching for my final treasure chest though, can't find it for the life of me. Another one that seems nigh impossible is beating the final boss with only melee attacks!

Someone help me out, I am at 87% on Pueblucho and cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do to get the last 13%.Any suggestions. I already got the top of the church, and I went to the bottom of the house that requires dimension switching and there is a save point down there and a chest I got those, but I can't help but feel like there has to be more to that area.

Skyzard

Banned
Been absolutely loving this game - just about to make it to the great temple and I'm at 3h30mins. Annoyingly short game - I did a decent amount of exploring too.

So fun, love everything else about it (apart from the timing of the sound effects for some of the moves - and that you have to go back for treasures you already unlocked if you die later before saving[edit-sometimes?]) but it needs more content!

I'm glad the platforming aspect holds up...I can imagine how awesome this would be with custom maps but yeah seems like a bit too much for the mutant blob guys. Still, they've really impressed me (the game feels leagues above mutant blob, which wasn't bad) and I'll be looking forward to more from them.

Really hope we get DLC (which seems likely what with the store link at the live page on the vita version), and I hope they aren't too greedy with it. One of my favourite games this year though.

One question: does the hard mode start from zero or do I still have at least all the collectibles (heart pieces & such)?

I'm curious about this as well.

Mesoian

One question: does the hard mode start from zero or do I still have at least all the collectibles (heart pieces & such)?

Starts you from zero.

Someone help me out, I am at 87% on Pueblucho and cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do to get the last 13%.Any suggestions. I already got the top of the church, and I went to the bottom of the house that requires dimension switching and there is a save point down there and a chest I got those, but I can't help but feel like there has to be more to that area.

There's one inside the church too.

ta9qi

The best place for Catch the Rainbow is actually the gym, as you won't get attacked and he has infinite life. You just need to make sure you don't finish all the combos before you get all the abilities.
Didnt thought of this, seems a nice idea
Another one that seems nigh impossible is beating the final boss with only melee attacks!
The final boss on hard by only melee is still eaiser than jaguar the tiger in hard p=
just try to fight him on the ground so you can escape fast before his fire attacks

Apologies if this has been answered already. How in the hell do you get past the third part of mapless room in Tule Tree where it begins with 3 platforms shortest on bottom and longest on top, then a ton of vertical spikes (both light and dark). I cannot find a way to make more progress.

I just on the left-most perch but cannot get to the higher, lefter perch. On the right there are 2 perches, but I cannot jump to them and there are 3 very tall alternating light/dark vertical spike walls in the middle.

Any help/ideas?

Top Bottom