• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Skyzard

Banned
yes, you can continue in normal after beating the final boss and collect all the trophies
then start a new game for the two hard mode trophies related

I take it you won't get the 100%
true ending
I read about if you beat the final boss before going back to collect the trophies?

Endo Punk

In the forest there is lever that I assume activates a secret passage way but I can't find it after I pull the lever. Can anyone point me to the direction? Also in Juans place I can't for the life of me figure out how to 100%

daevv

So I attempted to get the Tree orb today and got my ass handed to me. I only got to the part where you first see the red gears. Is there much more after that? Any videos of someone getting the orb online yet?

jett

D-Member
Platinum'd like a bawse, hard mode can be pretty effin' satisfying. All in all I think I spent 13 hours with the game. Early GOTY for me, I think.

Where the game traps you in an area and you have to beat some enemies to continue.

Oh gotcha! Basically the two hard trophies are just beat the game on Hard.

In the forest there is lever that I assume activates a secret passage way but I can't find it after I pull the lever. Can anyone point me to the direction? Also in Juans place I can't for the life of me figure out how to 100%

Do you have goat fly yet? If so as soon as you pull the lever get back out and grab on a side on the left part of that spot and fly until you hit a block then body slam down. As for Juan's place at the very bottom of his house there is a pipe in the bottom right corner turn into a chicken and run against the wall and switch dimensions.

So I attempted to get the Tree orb today and got my ass handed to me. I only got to the part where you first see the red gears. Is there much more after that? Any videos of someone getting the orb online yet?

Keep at it, the payoff is too good to tell you anything more.

Platinum'd like a bawse, hard mode can be pretty effin' satisfying. All in all I think I spent 13 hours with the game. Early GOTY for me, I think.

Gotta say it very well could be GOTY for me as well. Bioshock Infinite was a great experience but this game delivers on a gameplay level more than any game I have played this year. And the music! The music is going to be in my top of the year as well.

jett

D-Member

You're half way there!

Skyzard

Banned

I never found this either! Still haven't gone back to it though - love all these extra puzzles.

Ridley327

OMG, the
maze you do as a chicken turns out to be in the shape of a chicken.
:lol

This is definitely running neck and neck with MH3U as my favorite game of the year.

ta9qi

I take it you won't get the 100%
true ending
I read about if you beat the final boss before going back to collect the trophies?
you can return to the final boss anytime after completing the game, but im not sure you should get all the 100% or just the 5 orbs, and then fight the final boss again to watch it.
see the hill that you under? as fast as you can reach there and do the goat fly from there to the left, you will collide with a floating area, get down & you will see a chicken sized door on the ground opened for you

Mesoian

I REALLY don't like what hard mode does to Javier. Cancelling unblockable attacks into unblockable attacks into unblockable attacks into noframestartupunblockable attacks takes most of the strategy the game has had thus far out of the equation.

ta9qi

I REALLY don't like what hard mode does to Javier. Cancelling unblockable attacks into unblockable attacks into unblockable attacks into noframestartupunblockable attacks takes most of the strategy the game has had thus far out of the equation.
try to make combos with the special attacks, they are so helpful with his white shield, just wait for the right time!
edit: sry for the double post, i dont see where i can delete it @@

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
I'm really stumped as to where the final thing I'm missing is in Temple of War. I've got 93% and I found a tiny T-shaped room that I hadn't been to before but there was nothing in there. What am I missing?!

Also, what's the best way to get the Catch the Rainbow! achievement? I don't really understand which attacks they mean.

My last chest was there too. Look for blurry edges on the map. Turns out my last was hidden in a room with a platform I could jump down through, around the bottom and right.

Pappasman

Ya ive been thinking about streaming this and using real time instead if gametime. Although the only real problem with using gametime is that time stops when you look at the map.

Skyzard

Banned
Excellent game, lots of fun. Highly recommended. Plays a lot better on PS3 than Vita. Just need to make the Hard More run for the Platinum.

I haven't tried it on PS3 (no hdmi cable atm) but I heard people were saying it's the exact same game, even the fps? What's improved? Do you see more of the screen area? Or is it just that you find the PS3 more comfortable?

I know the game requires some fine inputs, might be tricky on a plain vita with bigger hands - those people should be using a grip accessory though, especially for more demanding games :p

you can return to the final boss anytime after completing the game, but im not sure you should get all the 100% or just the 5 orbs, and then fight the final boss again to watch it.

see the hill that you under? as fast as you can reach there and do the goat fly from there to the left, you will collide with a floating area, get down & you will see a chicken sized door on the ground opened for you

Thank you ta9qi, I will leave the temple and go back to it afterwards then I think. Unless it's not much harder to 100% on hard mode....?

I know I haven't seen the ending(s) yet but I hope they don't wait more than a month or so to announce dlc - whatever it is (as long as it's proper extra content and not a costume) - they've made it too awesome to be left as is, I really hope they expand it in some ways. I didn't feel like that with mutant blobs but with the awesome mechanics in this game, both platforming and combat (but especially platforming for me) - I need more of this, don't want it to end :(

Okay, so I have access to the final dungeon. Is there a FAQ out there for the hidden stuff? I know there are a bunch of orbs, or something, and I haven't done many of the quests.

I haven't tried it on PS3 (no hdmi cable atm) but I heard people were saying it's the exact same game, even the fps? What's improved? Do you see more of the screen area? Or is it just that you find the PS3 more comfortable?

I know the game requires some fine inputs, might be tricky on a plain vita with bigger hands - those people should be using a grip accessory though, especially for more demanding games :p

Thank you ta9qi, I will leave the temple and go back to it afterwards then I think. Unless it's not much harder to 100% on hard mode....?

I know I haven't seen the ending(s) yet but I hope they don't wait more than a month or so to announce dlc - whatever it is (as long as it's proper extra content and not a costume) - they've made it too awesome to be left as is, I really hope they expand it in some ways. I didn't feel like that with mutant blobs but with the awesome mechanics in this game, both platforming and combat (but especially platforming for me) - I need more of this, don't want it to end :(

DLC stages? Don't toy with my heart you monster.

It just felt better, if that makes sense. The controls felt a little smoother, and you can see a lot more on a bigger screen. Colors were more vibrant and such too. I play with my Vita brightness really low though, same game however.

Skyzard

Banned
DLC stages? Don't toy with my heart you monster.

I know...I'm sure it has to happen though. The game is lovely and people want more. Plus the link to the Playstation Store is also in the main menu of the game...right below new game/continue/options/leaderboards. Suggests they have a plan... plzplzplz

It just felt better, if that makes sense. The controls felt a little smoother, and you can see a lot more on a bigger screen. Colors were more vibrant and such too. I play with my Vita brightness really low though, same game however.

Thanks, I know what you mean I think, gaming is more relaxed and comfortable in general on PS3, vita has smaller buttons too - will make sure to give it a go on the big screen soon but I'm so glad it's a vita game (too) - seems great as a portable.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Starting to have trouble getting the 100% in certain areas and having to go over them all again because the maps aren't revealing anything.

Also, can someone tell me where to get the green peppers(?) for the Kitchen Quest? I feel like I've talked to everyone in both dimensions.

daevv

Starting to have trouble getting the 100% in certain areas and having to go over them all again because the maps aren't revealing anything.

Also, can someone tell me where to get the green peppers(?) for the Kitchen Quest? I feel like I've talked to everyone in both dimensions.

From ps3trophies.org

Complete the World's Greatest Enchilada quest

This side quest is located in Santa Luchita. The lady you want to speak to is located in the upper section of the town, inside Isabela's Kitchen. She is looking for four ingredients to make the biggest quesadilla in the world. She needs the following items:

Fresh Cheese - Under Hermanos sign, bottom area, next to mine building. guy with sombrero
Beans - Underneath right kitchen, woman holding fruit basket above head. beneath ORLY owls billboard
Insane Dead Chili - World of dead, purple poncho skeleton on the stairs near the top
A Ton of Tortillas - woman beside bike in upper section of town, beside a flame face wanted poster

I am not sure if the locations for these locations are random. Nonetheless, the locations of each of these items are all done by talking to NPs around town. You will have to talk to Isabella again before you can grab the next ingredient. Retrieve all four ingredients for her, and she'll reward you with a mask piece and the trophy.

Leezard

the chili can be found in the dead world. Talk to a guy by the stairs, I think.

I know...I'm sure it has to happen though. The game is lovely and people want more. Plus the link to the Playstation Store is also in the main menu of the game...right below new game/continue/options/leaderboards. Suggests they have a plan... plzplzplz

Oh wow you are right, still won't get my hopes up. These indie devs aren't very large and don't have a lot of resources so their DLC plans are usually stifled. See Sound Shapes.

leroidys

So I have the trophy for every individual sidequest, but I don't have the trophy for completing all sidequests. Am I missing something? I'm also stuck on 90% for Santa Luchita, and I've explored every corner minutely. It froze one time when I was turning in a quest, and I had to restart and redo it, but the trophy had already popped. I wonder if that is affecting things.

Groof

My last chest was there too. Look for blurry edges on the map. Turns out my last was hidden in a room with a platform I could jump down through, around the bottom and right.

I'm looking there but I can't see anything blurry. I found one blurry spot on the map though, I'll check that out. If not I'm really stumped.

edit: Nope... not there. Driving me nuuuuuuuuts

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
So I have the trophy for every individual sidequest, but I don't have the trophy for completing all sidequests. Am I missing something? I'm also stuck on 90% for Santa Luchita, and I've explored every corner minutely. It froze one time when I was turning in a quest, and I had to restart and redo it, but the trophy had already popped. I wonder if that is affecting things.

That would more than likely be the problem. It's like it you go past a save point then open a chest and quit the game or die, that chest will appear back there. No doubt that is what has happened to your 100% Trophy.

Cess007

Just finished the game right now. I can say without doubt, that the game is worth every dollar. I clocked around 9hrs, 'cause i wanted to finish it with the 100% in all areas. Now, i'm just 3 trophies away from that Platinum (i still need to find where to perform the 'Rainbow' trophy). Also, i've a doubt about the ending:

What's the difference between the normal and the alternate ending? I finish it with all the Orbs, so i got the alternate one. It's better than the normal? or just different?

leroidys

That would more than likely be the problem. It's like it you go past a save point then open a chest and quit the game or die, that chest will appear back there. No doubt that is what has happened to your 100% Trophy.

But the thing is I restarted and then did the quest again. I have completed all the quests, but no trophy.

daevv

Found a vid with all the Orb locations. I was so close to the tree one (my last one needed) when I raged and turned it off. Maybe tonight. ;)

LINK

Groof

Alright, I'm starting to believe my game bugged out on me somehow. When I started playing today there was a single area I hadn't explored, but once I entered it, there was nothing there. I'm guessing this is where my final treasure chest would've been?

2013-04-13-194145.jpg

2013-04-13-194153.jpg

Mesoian

The game is glitching out hardcore now that I'm doing hte combat arenas on hardmode. Rooms not loading, rooms registering as finished before I enter them, rooms that lock forever after I complete them...

This game could use a patch.

Top Bottom