• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Godslay

Banned
Guys, really Javier isnt that hard! even in hard only the white shield at the last bits of his health is whats annoying, you just should try to use "L" & jump alot, then return to him fast to do some "Circle" combo's

I agree, rolling and circle combos with 3x square combos chew him up. What I would do was position myself in the corner and wait for the M.Bison Psycho crusher type move and jump over it, break the shield and combo away. I would also wait for the vertical spin roll move to land on the ground, roll through the 'waves' it creates, and then break the shield. All of the moves he does can be rolled through except for the psycho crusher move, and the vertical jaguar volcano thing.

It's a fun fight, the thing that really irked me was I beat him the first time with a thread of life, but the game froze afterwards and I had to do it again. It gets easier though.

ta9qi

It's a fun fight, the thing that really irked me was I beat him the first time with a thread of life, but the game froze afterwards and I had to do it again. It gets easier though.
lol that slimier to what happened to me, i won the first time on normal also with a thread of life, i was super happy and wished theres no hard mode trophy only cuz of him, bit when i repeat it in hard he was really easy , 3 or 4 times in series i continue with him until the white shield time..
man i just platinumed the game today and i already start to miss it :(

Aeana

The Tree Tops area has convinced me to try the game on PS3 tomorrow. My hands are way too cramped from playing on the Vita all day.

LiK

The Tree level was the trickiest so far. Thankfully the boss fight was so super easy.

Also completed the Combo Chicken training. That was quite challenging.

Platinumed the game yesterday. Pretty great game, though some Hard mode scenarios and the Meat Boy-like platforming orb nearly made me lose all my hair.
Still, great game. Hope there is some nice DLC for this game.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The Tree Tops area has convinced me to try the game on PS3 tomorrow. My hands are way too cramped from playing on the Vita all day.
!!!

I really feel sorry for those who had to go through most of the game on Vita, the extra comfort level of the DS3 really lends itself to the tricky parts and bosses of the game. I think my play time was split 85%:15% between the versions, in the PS3's favor.

Eusis

On the other hand the D-Pad IS nicer on Vita. Buttons are too tiny though.

I'd actually been playing mostly on PS3, though I love how smoothly the cloud saving works so I can resume on Vita if I feel like it or vice versa.

Skyzard

Banned
!!!

I really feel sorry for those who had to go through most of the game on Vita, the extra comfort level of the DS3 really lends itself to the tricky parts and bosses of the game. I think my play time was split 85%:15% between the versions, in the PS3's favor.

I only had a tiny bit of difficulty but I had to switch to the CTA grip during the tree section, it helps a lot.

I liked playing on the PS3 for visual clarity but, for me, there was a clear performance advantage on the Vita due to the complete lack of input lag. As a result, the dimension-switching platforming sections became a whole lot more manageable on the Vita.

Famassu

!!!

Nothing to feel sorry about, I've had absolutely no problems with playing the Vita version and I played through the game in one go (well, almost through, still have the final area, clean-up for treasures + I'm stuck at the tree tops in you-know-what part >: ( )

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Now I get it!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I got to the top... ;)

JAnUyyw.jpg

VanWinkle

How on Earth do you beat him? I've been stuck on him for days. As soon as he hits you once you go flying and he attacks again and again without you being able to recover so that I'm dead without being able to do much.

A lot of waiting on the wall, breaking the shield and getting a few quick "+circle" moves in there, and then back up to the wall to repeat.

FaceDa

Banned
This game is so good! I hope it sells well, I know Drinkbox games do "ok" but this is a really fun, great looking, cute game.

Footos22

!!!

Feel sorry? Its the smoothest most buttery controlled game on the Vita. It was fantastic. Played 100% vita and never had trouble at any section.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I was talking about comfort levels, not preciseness of controls, and that's where I think the DS3 wins handily after intense and extended play... but to each his own, I guess.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I wish the central map screen when fast traveling showed you how much percentage you had done in each area without warping to them.

Got 88% in Forest del Chivo (have got the Orb) but can't see anywhere on the map I haven't been. Guess I am going to have to go through that entire area again.

Groof

Are you 100% sure you hadn't been to that area before? Because there's almost definitely a chest there, I got it right away. But that area still doesn't show up on my map unless I'm actually standing in it IIRC. Maybe you got it right away, forgot about it, and are missing another chest?

This is entirely possible, but I've been all over the map twice now and still haven't found anything... I just have no idea what I might be missing!

VanWinkle

This game has 394 ratings on the PS3 store and 449 ratings on the Vita store. I wonder if the Vita version has sold more (I know you get both, but you're technically buying the Vita version on the Vita store and the PS3 version on the PS3 store, hence why they have separate ratings).

Canon

Banned
It's either this or Okami to spend my $10 PSN credit on. What should I do? I'm intrigued by the Nintendo references.

(Note: I briefly played Okami on Wii and didn't like it. Very briefly).

LiK

It's either this or Okami to spend my $10 PSN credit on. What should I do? I'm intrigued by the Nintendo references.

(Note: I briefly played Okami on Wii and didn't like it. Very briefly).

do you like 2D Metroid. buy this?

do you like 3D Zelda? buy Okami.

jwk94

I got that time on the Vita, but I've been switching between the PS3 and Vita all day.

I guess so, The only other time that is faster is the hard mode speed run with a 1:07. But I messaged him and he said he did it on debug hardware so it doesn't really count.

Would you mind recording your speed run? I'd like to see how you did it.

Groof

Question about Temple of War treasures:
During the elevator sequence, are there any hidden crevices that contain a treasure? Still trying to find my last 7% lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Question about Temple of War treasures:
During the elevator sequence, are there any hidden crevices that contain a treasure? Still trying to find my last 7% lol

Have you tried comparing this 100% map to your own?

I like both... Damn it.

Okami is pretty good, but takes longer to beat and has uneven pacing. This is amazing all the way through, and won't take you that long to finish.

Top Bottom