• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Tizoc

memorize his moves. After you dodge whatever he does get in close and break his shield and get a few hits in. I like to blue punch right then left so i can roll back to the center. Always return to the center and prepare for his next wave of attacks. Ignore catching the falling rocks unless you know for sure you have time to throw it. Just be patient and don't overdo it or he will get a hit in.

Patience is key then? Got it, will try it out again tonight or by the weekend, thanks for the help.

Number45

Patience is key then? Got it, will try it out again tonight or by the weekend, thanks for the help.
Yeah, each move has a tell - two of them are similar but they are different enough that you'll get to recognise which is which. For his projectile, just roll through them.

damidu

game is a real blast.
but the platforming started to kick my ass seriously.

btw. anyone posted the manny reference ?

8F5QXzX.jpg

Footos22

I wasn't aware the Jaguar Javier fight was giving some people such a hard time, I managed to beat him on my second try. I thought it was a fun fight. :/ We'll see how it turns out when I try it later on hard.

Beat him first time on normal lby wialing on him.
on hard i took the smae approach and got schooled about 10 times before i got him

HT UK

The final boss glitched for me last night, he wouldn't attack me at all.

Only realised afterwards there was a trophy for using melee only! :(

Is there any reason to believe this will not see a release on non- Sony platforms?
Honest question, not whining.
Drinkbox answered a similar question here:

Q: When is this game coming to PC? It looks great.
A: Not soon. We have a period of exclusivity with Sony, a condition of being a part of their Pub Fund.

I'm still waiting for the game to be out in the Asia PS Store...sigh

test_account

XP-39C²
Does anyone know which reference the "The Amazing Tequila Brothers" is?
(doubtful Super Mario Bros, because there is already another reference in the game and they dont look like Mario and Luigi).

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Thoughts on what i should max first?? Attributes or moves?
I went Moves > Health > Stamina

You need to learn to use the moves situationally, for me it took a long time until I was using all the moves to their full capabilities which was a bit of a waste for moves.

If I knew everything about my playthrough then which I know now I would maybe go Down-Circle as the first move, then getting health up a bit, then getting Back-Circle, getting health and stamina and then lastly getting Forward-Circle.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Amazing game. Going for the platinum and I'm just about to get to Javier on Hard. Reading through some of the posts, I'm not particularly looking forward to that boss battle.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I went Moves > Health > Stamina

You need to learn to use the moves situationally, for me it took a long time until I was using all the moves to their full capabilities which was a bit of a waste for moves.

If I knew everything about my playthrough then which I know now I would maybe go Down-Circle as the first move, then getting health up a bit, then getting Back-Circle, getting health and stamina and then lastly getting Forward-Circle.

Thanks for the tip duder

anddo0

Tips for the final boss?

I feel
the game should've ended after beating him the first time.. Beating a boss, only to have to fight him in a second, and third form if getting tiring. I really wish they'd leave that shit in the 80's/90's.

dsigns1

Tips for the final boss?

I feel
the game should've ended after beating him the first time.. Beating a boss, only to have to fight him in a second, and third form if getting tiring. I really wish they'd leave that shit in the 80's/90's.
I posted tips on the last page. In spoiler tags.

anddo0

I posted tips on the last page. In spoiler tags.

Thanks, I beat him. I keep repeating the same move, and so did he :0

I doubt I'll go for a platinum for this game. It was a good game, but the platforming was probably more difficult than it should be, way too punishing... Too much Portal, too much Outland. I can't really say I enjoyed it, by the end I just wanted it to be over. I don't get video game humor (outside of a few select titles like Portal). So, a lot of this game was lost on me. I can't put my finger on it, the game just didn't click with me. If I had to put a number on it 6/10.

wilflare

okay. I am hoping to figure this out on my own... but

I have just unlucked Goat Derpderp (punch) am I at a point where I should have cleared the Band Quest?

dsigns1

okay. I am hoping to figure this out on my own... but

I have just unlucked Goat Derpderp (punch) am I at a point where I should have cleared the Band Quest?

Pretty sure he's hidden behind a blue rock in a building. Look for any blue rock you can find and punch it. You will eventually find him.

zroid

Banned
Here we go

first impressions:
so pretty. music's great. loading screens a little annoying. writing is pretty silly. combat is surprisingly satisfying.

Ridley327

My Hard mode playthrough is coming to an end soon; managed to take down Jaguar Javier without too many issues. That last little bit is fucking exciting, to say the least.

Here we go

first impressions:
so pretty. music's great. loading screens a little annoying. writing is pretty silly. combat is surprisingly satisfying.

Wait to get to some of the platforming stuff, that's when the game really comes together.

My Hard mode playthrough is coming to an end soon; managed to take down Jaguar Javier without too many issues. That last little bit is fucking exciting, to say the least.

Oh man when he gets the white shield the battle gets super intense.

Skyzard

Banned
You know the kids playing in Santa Luchita, what are those things that are battling? Looks like pokemon to me.

There is also too much Link in this game :p

Near the last boss on hard but just going back to do all the extras, really love this game. I'd also like a second save slot though. Hope they don't wait too long to announce if they have any plans for the game's future.

Ridley327

Wait to get to some of the platforming stuff, that's when the game really comes together.

Oh man when he gets the white shield the battle gets super intense.

Yeah, you basically need to pull all of your rushdown skills out of wherever to get through it, and I love that since hard mode does a great job of teaching that to you with the influx of yellow skeletons.

Elginer

Game is amazing. Bought before leaving for NY and actually got to play coach co-op with my girl in NY and it was amazingly fun. Damn, great to see a dev include a super fun coach-co-op.

Amazing game. Going for the platinum and I'm just about to get to Javier on Hard. Reading through some of the posts, I'm not particularly looking forward to that boss battle.
Don't be. Once you get the rhythm down, you can take him out easily. I think on my best run (hard) I got hit twice.

Skyzard

Banned
Just to clarify the purple chicken
who lets you change back into a human at will
is
the devil that bought calaca's soul right?

Started it up on PS3 and thought my save magically transferred over. Was disappointed when their was no save. Then I checked the options and uploaded my save. Now to play my hard playthrough on PS3. Such a wonderful game. Like Super Metroid and Zero Mission, this will go on my list of games to play once a year.

wouwie

Caverna del pollo is buggy. Sometimes, enemies don't appear, sometimes the gate to the next area doesn't open after beating the enemies. At this rate, i'll never make it to the bottom. Great game though.

zroid

Banned
I honestly kind of wish the game didn't show you the colours of the R/G/B/Y blocks on the map. I feel it gives away too much. The issue isn't so much that it reminds you where they are, but that they show up even if you missed them entirely, which is a bit lame and makes them feel less like secrets.

At least the
chicken passages
are generally pretty well hidden on the map, which is nice.

Caverna del pollo is buggy. Sometimes, enemies don't appear, sometimes the gate to the next area doesn't open after beating the enemies. At this rate, i'll never make it to the bottom. Great game though.

That sucks, I just did the first two pits back-to-back without any problems. I mean, aside from the part where I almost got my ass kicked at one point. :p

Top Bottom