• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Rootbeer

Banned
bought and downloading. if you are a Vita owner, PS+ member or hopefully both... what the hell are you waiting for.

hiryu

It looks so good. I'll wait a few months to see if it comes to PC but if not I'll get in during a slow period in the summer for the PS3. I really love the style.

MicH

Definitely tempted to get this when it launches in Europe tomorrow. The ?S+ discount doesn't help either

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Will buy when last month's credit makes it way to my digital pocket! For all the times for something to go up "early" for once...

2p Mexicovania GO! (With awesome Vita Bonus awesome.)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Work internet is shit, but it's bought and I'm currently trying to download it. Hopefully it will finish before I'm off at 5, then I can play it for the hour and a half bus ride home.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not any time soon.

Port begging is getting annoying but I can understand it what with the Steam registry stuff out there.

He seems to only have an Xbox but this one would not be taxing on PC.

It's not a bad idea to have a PS3 and/or Vita though. There's tons of great indie games there and that includes Guac.

Had no idea about this game until I saw the Giant Bomb Quick Look. I've been trying to cut back on buying games, but couldn't resist this little treasure. I also already had enough money on my PSN account, so I had no excuse! Downloading now on the Vita.

Megasoum

Banned
Love the game so far.

I'm not a huge fan of the setting tho. Nothing wrong with it, just not my thing. The game is beautiful however.

The last two "big" Metroidvania (that and Dust) are both using a setting I really don't care for. Doesn't prevent me from enjoying the game but meh..... I guess I should say I really want a Shadow Complex 2 lol.

Oh and during the Giantbomb quicklook Brad was saying that I should recognize the stone statue? Where's that from?

Wow, everything about this game I love. Combat is incredible. Art style is really cool and unique. It may look like Shank/MOTN but its different, and much cooler. I don't know, this is my favorite PSN game in a long time, and plays awesome on Vita.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Hmm, can't get cross controller to work...

Stay on the main menu or anywhere in game on PS3. Go to remote play on Vita (make sure it's already registered in the remote play devices on PS3). Then just start remote play on Vita and it will be black until you're in the game. Initally you will just see the map but if you press start (after about 20 minutes into the game in which you basically unlock the co op via story) you will start by controlling a sphere. The PS3 player must hit the sphere which the Vita player controls and then you will make a 2nd character appear from the sphere.

On that note, the cross play is EXCELLENT. Also can't get over how seamless and easy the cross save works. Quick upload from PS3 then DL from the Vita in like 20 seconds all together.

Game is fun and really cool to have the cross play be so functional.

Top Bottom