• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

VanWinkle

Do they put some actual mexican music in there? Salsa, merengue, "cumbias"? Because the music from the trailer was more in the Spain side, and you won't heard anything like that in the Lucha Libre scene today, or even in Mexico.

Mostly been some acoustic Spanish style, but I'm pretty early in.

This game is actually really well written. The memes are kinda funny, but the story knocks it out of the park, some of the lines are downright hilarious.

If you own a vita, this is an absolute must-have. Probably the best game on the Vita so far.

Hats off to Drinkbox!

Megasoum

Banned
The only thing that "annoys" me with the game is that the sound effect for money coming in sound like a ringtone so I keep looking at my phone lol.

Oh and the goat morphing animation is fucking amazing hahahaha.

Playing this in 60fps on Vita is CRAY.

Was just going to ask about vita framerate. Thank you.

Mutant Blobs on vita wasn't so great framerate-wise, it's nice to see Drinkbox work dat machine.

PC version where art thou?

I hope it does come to the PC eventually. Sony had anything to do with this or it's a Drinkbox joint?

It showed up in the steam registry a while back. Because of this I just assumed it would release day-and-date on PC. :(

I think Mutant Blobs came out on steam 2 or 3 months after the vita version, for what it's worth.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Sony would do well to try and snatch up Drinkbox before somebody else does. The PS4 will need some amazing PSN titles going forward. These guys know how to design fun, charming games.

I played about 3 minutes of it, and the game is just gorgeous. I love the backgrounds and the little details and animations they put in there.

It really makes me long for a Castlevania on the Vita, with high res sprites.

Sony would do well to try and snatch up Drinkbox before somebody else does. The PS4 will need some amazing PSN titles going forward. These guys know how to design fun, charming games.

I played about 3 minutes of it, and the game is just gorgeous. I love the backgrounds and the little details and animations they put in there.

It really makes me long for a Castlevania on the Vita, with high res sprites.

nah. if drinkbox is confident they'll be fine where they are at right now. Sony still needs to focus the money on ps4

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I can't find a demo
is there seriosly no demo
No demo at launch. I think Sony has something to do with it cause a lot of these games are packaged as demo+unlock key. Considering the game is packaged as demo+key, they'll probably release the demo a few weeks from now.

Majmun

Now where did this comes from...

Never heard of this game before, but I'm defnitely hyped. Getting it tomorrow.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
5 Screen shots incoming

2013-04-09-1855429huiu.jpg

2013-04-09-1856407lu99.jpg

2013-04-09-185654akuwq.jpg

2013-04-09-185750kpugu.jpg

2013-04-09-1858211euru.jpg

No demo at launch. I think Sony has something to do with it cause a lot of these games are packaged as demo+unlock key. Considering the game is packaged as demo+key, they'll probably release the demo a few weeks from now.

well i saw on download list there was Demo and unlock key (two files) (saw it on vita) i assume it's ps3 version but it was marked as Vita.

Oppo

There are a lot of Nintendo jokes on the posters ;)

Such a fun little game. And yes it's sharp as a pin on Vita. Even the load times are quick.

Although the equivalent of a "high jump" being jump + uppercut move threw me off for a minute. Also I was using the L1 for dodge until I remembered that this system has a right analog stick.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Isn't this port begging or?

Begging is now asking for information on the possible release or not?

I'm not saying "oh god why doesn't this come to the PC?", I'm asking if there's any known information about the release on PC and if it's a Sony-funded project (which would mean that it wouldn't ever come out) or if it's a Drinkybox game (which means that it could come out after a period of exclusivity).

Lo and behold, it probably has a 6 month exclusivity window and it's already on Steam registry.

So, no, this is not port begging? You can call it "information begging", but I don't think that's frowned upon...

Begging is now asking for information on the possible release or not?

I'm not saying "oh god why doesn't this come to the PC?", I'm asking if there's any known information about the release on PC and if it's a Sony-funded project (which would mean that it wouldn't ever come out) or if it's a Drinkybox game (which means that it could come out after a period of exclusivity).

Lo and behold, it probably has a 6 month exclusivity window and it's already on Steam registry.

So, no, this is not port begging? You can call it "information begging", but I don't think that's frowned upon...

we know as much information as it comes at this point we no nothing other than on steam registry.

-PXG-

I could have sworn I played this with a wired 360 controller at PAX East last year.

That alone, should say something about it being released on other platforms.

VanWinkle

Not necessarily true. Mutant Blobs Attack had a 6 month period being only on Vita, but it also wasn't a Pub Fund game like this is. So really, while it could very well come to Steam, the time it takes to get there is anybody's guess.

TP

Hopefully, but by then the price would go back up to $15

It's a shame I might have to pay more because I want to try before I buy

drizzle

Axel Hertz
we know as much information as it comes at this point we no nothing other than on steam registry.

Sure. But I didn't know any of it. That's why I asked.

Not necessarily true. Mutant Blobs Attack had a 6 month period being only on Vita, but it also wasn't a Pub Fund game like this is. So really, while it could very well come to Steam, the time it takes to get there is anybody's guess.

I know, nothing is set on Stone.

I guess I just didn't know much about the game, as I have no Sony consoles to play it on, so I was just wondering if there was any chance that it'll be coming to the PC (a platform I have).

Reversed

This is the game that Mexican devs dream of.(at least it's very akin to their projects' concept art).

I wish them success. :)

Rasec

Man, still must wait 17 hours until european store gets updated and i'm able to get this cool game.

Really hope it's as awesome as everyone in neogaf is making me think.

Especially Carl and he's dedicated work on getting us to buy this and mutant blobs xD

Dartastic

Uh, where are the sound effects? I'm playing on my PS3 and there doesn't seem to be any sound effects. No sound effects when I'm punching barrels, or just punching in general... and I went to go to the mansion right now, and some stuff exploded and there was no sound there. Uhhhhhh

jaz013

Banned
This is the game that Mexican devs dream of.(at least it's very akin to their projects' concept art).

I wish them success. :)

Well, there is Taco Master and El Chavo videogames (I was part of those two, so don't blame me for flaunt them).

I knew of a couple of project with similar approaches, very folkloric art style and concepts, that where shut down because they were too "native" or "local".

VanWinkle

Sure. But I didn't know any of it. That's why I asked.

I know, nothing is set on Stone.

I guess I just didn't know much about the game, as I have no Sony consoles to play it on, so I was just wondering if there was any chance that it'll be coming to the PC (a platform I have).

Oh there's nothing wrong with that. I thought it was kinda dumb for him to imply that you were port begging or anything, but yeah, it could come to Steam, but really nobody knows when that could happen. I hope it does for the simple fact that I want more people to play it. I'm only about an hour in and the game is AMAZING.

Dartastic

Uh, where are the sound effects? I'm playing on my PS3 and there doesn't seem to be any sound effects. No sound effects when I'm punching barrels, or just punching in general... and I went to go to the mansion right now, and some stuff exploded and there was no sound there. Uhhhhhh
Anyone? :/

antibolo

Banned

Sony has pulled that devious marketing strategy often: when a game gets a PS Plus rebate on its first week, they delay the demo until week 2. That way PS Plus members are forced into impulse-buying the game so they can use their rebate.

When you think about it, that's actually quite clever (but evil).

Nags

Banned
Dammit at 31%, 30 minutes into the download on a shitty hotel connection.

Edit: off topic but has anyone got their psn credit from the promotion last month?

Top Bottom