• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guacamelee! |OT| ¡Mexicovania - Olé!

Huff

Banned
I'm stuck. I just got the
headbutt
power and I don't know where to go next. I'm trying to cross a crevice that has three portals but i can't make it across. Here's a picture of where I am on the map.

Thanks!

Not sure if your still suck but

down x into the sphere and the up jump

Takiyah

I could have sworn I played this with a wired 360 controller at PAX East last year.

That alone, should say something about it being released on other platforms.

Those 360 controllers are also the only controller that isn't terrible for the PC...so maybe just for demo purposes?

Blizzard

Banned
Steam is a great way to have external people Beta test your game, and very possible for it never to be released on PC.
Those 360 controllers are also the only controller that isn't terrible for the PC...so maybe just for demo purposes?

Biography:
Designer at an indie studio up north

Maybe this was obvious to everyone but me, but do you work at Drinkbox? Are you trying to give us hints here? :p

i am pretty sure they mentioned april 12.

Thanks for the heads up.

Already played about 30 minutes, minus the way you character "centers" during movement, everything else seems pretty top notch. Love how responsive that jump button is. I press it and I'm in the air.

Back to it!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
+2 purchases in this household. Really wish the Vita version had ad hoc coop for us gamer couples.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I can't believe how good this game is. I'm not a metroidvania kinda guy (except I loved Arkham Asylum over Arkham City but that barely counts) but this is amazing.

Uh, I just logged onto the US store to download the demo (I have a PAL account) and there isn't one. Looks like I'll have to wait.

I can't believe how good this game is. I'm not a metroidvania kinda guy (except I loved Arkham Asylum over Arkham City but that barely counts) but this is amazing.

I'm the opposite. Calling something a Metroidvania is just about the most foolproof way to get me at least interested in a game, which is funny, since I've never actually played much of any Castlevania game (they're all too hard!).

steveovig

How Metroidvania is this game? Is it linear in any way? What other MVania games does it compare to? Outland, Monster Tale, Aliens or more like Dust, Super Metroid, Knytt Underground? Outland and Monster Tale weren't amazing to me and felt too linear. I don't mind backtracking at all and I don't like having my hand held.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Anyone? :/
I had this issue with Far Cry 3!

Had music, but the NPC's all just moved their mouths with no sound. Really weird. I quit the game, changed the sound settings to HDMI or analog or something then switched back to whatever it was before and it started working again.

sense

man it is such a joy to play this game. played about an hour if only i did not have to write a paper as well!!

Paskil

I really like how shiny this game is. The big monsters are especially pretty. Some games are a bummer with their drab grays and browns.

jett

D-Member
1080p and 60fps

hellz yea bitchz.

This game is not only awesome, but also funny and charming as hell. The luchafied memes and video game references are great. On some level it reminds of Outland, it has a somewhat similar structure and gameplay. Loved Outland, so I don't have any problem with that.

Can't get enough of all the references, seriously one of the best games I've played this year, you can feel all the love and effort that went into the game.

w6z6EN9.jpg

Fusebox

Banned
I was gonna buy this today but then I decided to wait for my cash back from the $10/$50 PSN offer but now I've decided to use the PSN credit for Soul Sac instead so I'm Guacadownloading it right Guacanow! Incredible reviews btw, I didn't think it'd score so highly.

This will be my first cross buy game.

Does it have separate trophy lists or is it one list? I really dont want 2 different trophy lists spamming my profile.

This will be my first cross buy game.

Does it have separate trophy lists or is it one list? I really dont want 2 different trophy lists spamming my profile.
Single list.

Holy shit this game is good; loving the nostalgia and Easter eggs.

Metroid statues and Koopa?
How did I not know this game existed until today.

Holy moly, this soundtrack is stellar. The tune that accompanies Caverna del Pollo is one of the best tracks I've heard in a good while. Can't wait to hear the rest of it.

"You wants the stuffs? Cause I gots the stuffs!"

Holy moly, this soundtrack is stellar. The tune that accompanies Caverna del Pollo is one of the best tracks I've heard in a good while. Can't wait to hear the rest of it.

"You want the stuffs? Cause I got the stuffs!"

Yea it is AMAZING. There's a really great track that plays in the Dead World during a re-visit that is my favorite so far. Would love a retail release of this.

Gadirok

So I was going inbetween cross-save on the vita and PS3 version and I got to say...

the game just looks much better on the PS3. It still plays the same on both versions, but switching between the PS3 and vita has noticable difference (not to say either look bad, the PS3 version just looks slightly cleaner and better).

Gadirok

This game is simply outstanding, I'm going to have to cut if off here for tonight since I have a few other things to do before I go to bed.

I didn't get to check out cross-controller yet but had fun with the vita version and PS3 version along with checking out manual cross-save.

Quick and easy, just go to options, upload to cloud. Go to other version, download to cloud. Simple.

But all the references are gold. Its not annoying, its just hilarious. Those mario poster references got me and my bro. So far I noticed Zelda, Mario, Castle Crashers, and of course tales from space: about a blob and mutant blobs attack. There were a few others too but I forgot.

The best part was when
the pet dragon or whatever chased after you and fell down mocking/ a homage to Bowser's death, only for that girl to come in and be a homage to toad with "Your princess is in another castle"
Priceless.

megalowho

Man, this is goood! I enjoyed Mutant Blobs Attack and all, but Guacamelee is on another level. Surprisingly well written too, can't get enough of the dialogue. Cool game, DrinkBox.

Aleph

How does the dead/alive enemies system compare to Outland's? (it had red and blue enemies that you could only hit depending on which color you were using)

Top Bottom