• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guerrilla Games’ Tim Symons “can’t believe we pulled it off: developing an AAA game (Lego Horizon) for Nintendo Switch by PlayStation Studios”

midnightAI

Confirmed to be an AAA game
Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

(Still getting it, looks like fun)

Ronin_7

I know, and whoever handled the budget for this should be banned from ever working in the industry. We're at the point where they're just using game dev to launder money, cause a fucking Lego game will never be AAA.
Yeah, it's crazy. SIE has practically unlimited funds, but it still seems insane to allocate so much for this project.

mdkirby

I’ll buy it, my wife loves Lego and Lego games, and I like the world of horizon, I just find Aloy insufferable. Her Lego version from the trailers looks way more charming and likeable.

Dafegamer

I mean it's literally everywhere now, I understand getting tired of it. You can feel the marks of Hermen Hulst getting to a higher position in the company

BlackTron

Not trying to speak for everyone, and ironically I'm guessing this game will be more fun than normal Horizon, if not as graphically impressive.

Just saying it's not that big of a flex. Like AAA means completed game and then you add A's depending on how much shareholder value you consume to make it.

Huh? A remastered game isn't the same as a new game. And you don't have to buy those.

If that's something them The Witcher fans are eating good:

2015 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2016 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY edition
2022 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt next gen

Unless...let me guess...this is different because you have to pay 10 bucks for the Horizon new remastered version?

midnightAI

Not trying to speak for everyone, and ironically I'm guessing this game will be more fun than normal Horizon, if not as graphically impressive.

Just saying it's not that big of a flex. Like AAA means completed game and then you add A's depending on how much shareholder value you consume to make it.
I'm saying I'm not sick of Horizon, just bought the Zero Dawn Remaster, cant wait to play it, Forbidden West is up there as one of my favourite games this gen (the VERY pretty visuals do help with that)

As for Lego Horizon, I think the AAA thing is just because they think of it as a AAA franchise, which it is (dont care either way, all I care about is the game being fun)

Last edited:

Senua

Gold Member
Horizon: 89
Forbidden West: 88

(both metacritic scores)

The first game sold around or over 20M copies in like 5 years. The second one had sold around 9M after a year and when it was included on PS Plus.

Sounds like a good IP to invest.
I know theyre popular, but clearly many people feel it's over saturated. If they released banger after banger they'd not have this problem. Instead they're just solid titles in a lot of eyes

DonF

funny how my gut feeling every time horizon is mentioned is "blah"

the game is the color grey made a game. is bland as fuck. yet it makes sales. it looks great yeah, but the game itself is so boring. I've found people who love it. but to me its just meh. I dont feel alone in the comments.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I slowly start to understand why some developers are very condescending when they are talking about "gamers".....

As a developer I wouldn't touch game development with a 10 foot pole. And I doubt many developers would switch to gaming after they understand how it works, not only your company crunches you to no end with little to no time for retrospectives but literally any child of 10 or above can bash you via internet, even if they don't plan on buying the game.

(Edited: These toxic fans aren't the norm but they are the more vocal and their voice always reaches you because of how engagement algorithms work in social networks).

Last edited:
Top Bottom