• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Wow that whole last episode was AMAZING.

No one will look cooler than super saiyan blue hair in this bit.

0BaTrhE.jpg

That feeling when you do all the story instances with the Game Director and realize you were paying more attention to the conversation than the story and it all just sort of whipped by. #FirstTyriaProblems
Totally a stealth brag, deal with it.

Might have been something else. Don't think you can dodge Fear.

But are you wearing his shirt?

I just played episode one and two back-to-back. I felt more engaged with what was going on than the personal story or season one living story. I never once just clicked fast through the options, lol.

BraXzy

So yeah.. I somehow just did this in SE1. I glitched through the fence on top at the start, landed on one of the vats of lava and survived, simply to be stuck there since everyone was in combat. The collision detection in this place is trippy.

Jira

I just played episode one and two back-to-back. I felt more engaged with what was going on than the personal story or season one living story. I never once just clicked fast through the options, lol.

Yep, I was saying the same thing in mumble earlier. Most will agree that the PS was crap. Season 1 of the LS had some good moments but had pacing issues. Season 2 has come out the gates swinging and this episode was even better than the first. I'm actually excited to see where this goes purely in terms of the story since it's actually intriguing.

So next update we can assume it will start off with talking to the Pale Tree. Where do you think it will go from there?

Just finished Episode 2. This is going to be a looooong two week wait. o.=.o

The irony of complaints about hidden passages behind bookshelves, this is the *best* work ArenaNet has ever done in terms of writing, dialogue, story pacing, etc.

Trey

Season 2 episode 2 is the second time in my 777 hours of playing GW2 that I felt immersed in the overarching story line of GW2.

nataku

Sever seems to be having massive issues right now. I sent a message in chat asking if anyone was laggy, then got disconnected. I got back in and 5 minutes later saw my message appear in chat.

Is it server wide, or only Dry Top?

Shiokazu

Sever seems to be having massive issues right now. I sent a message in chat asking if anyone was laggy, then got disconnected. I got back in and 5 minutes later saw my message appear in chat.

server wide, i got it on metrica.

Levyne

Banned

I was in Rata Sum, everyone is feeling it

Now, for a moment in time, the game is literally ded

BraXzy

I was in LA trying to merch stuff. It took a few clicks to make each thing sell.. so IDK if they will be back in my bags or whatever.

C'mon Anet, don't make me cancel my sub with this downtime!

Shiokazu

I'll never understand the point of DDOS attacks like this. Did an MMO kill that guy's dog?

its funny you saying that.

a friend of mine lost a dog here this year, because of world cup people celebrating a point.

fireworks and screaming, the poor thing got scared and ran into a wall of these

farpado.jpg

... sad.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Omg vil, that's horrendous :[

waiting for my bag... man I guess the power went out at some point while I was away cause my computer's not on, so no patching from here

Shiokazu

Omg vil, that's horrendous :[

waiting for my bag... man I guess the power went out at some point while I was away cause my computer's not on, so no patching from here

its the way things happen, i think... big events come, people turn their eyes, and then horrible things happen all around but nobody notices.

they're busy with something else.

im also quite concerned on how the country will be, right now i cant say but i bet its going to echo in the next month or so... once the circus goes off to another town, theres always lot of dirty left behind.

Retro

I'm 1000% envious that I missed out on Peck group Living Story instances.

We didn't get any Super Secret Infos or anything. We said we really liked that there were skins available via PVE instead of just the gem store this time and the comment he made was basically "We do too and you'll see more of that." That was about all he said in terms of what might be coming up.

Everything else was just excited commentary on what we were seeing and doing. You can tell how enthusiastic he is for us to get in and play the game.

Arksy

Long shot but any Australians here playing on Stormbuff with GAF able to comment on the severity of lag? Much appreciated.

Hey!

Aussie here. I can tell you that I get somewhere in the vicinity of about 250-400ms....with an average around 320ms (from Adelaide).

It's not...ideal by any stretch of the imagination, and when it comes down to it, if you're an MMO player and have played an MMO on an American server, you can expect more or less the same. ArenaNet aren't as good as EA or SoE when it comes to latency for Aussies, but they're not as bad as Blizzard or Carbine.

I don't feel exceptionally disadvantaged being an Aussie in GW2 and plenty of us Aussies have done incredibly well in PvP and WvW.

I'm playing from SEA and the lag is almost nonexistent. I can do the rolling balls in CoF 1 better than some people :p

Hey!

Aussie here. I can tell you that I get somewhere in the vicinity of about 250-400ms....with an average around 320ms (from Adelaide).

It's not...ideal by any stretch of the imagination, and when it comes down to it, if you're an MMO player and have played an MMO on an American server, you can expect more or less the same. ArenaNet aren't as good as EA or SoE when it comes to latency for Aussies, but they're not as bad as Blizzard or Carbine.

I don't feel exceptionally disadvantaged being an Aussie in GW2 and plenty of us Aussies have done incredibly well in PvP and WvW.

Thanks for the replies. Will look at making a Ranger on Stormbuff when I get home tonight and see how I go. I played a Warrior to about Level 30 late last year but then got distracted with a bunch of things and I let it slip. This was on an Oceanic server however so it will be a fresh start.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We didn't get any Super Secret Infos or anything. We said we really liked that there were skins available via PVE instead of just the gem store this time and the comment he made was basically "We do too and you'll see more of that." That was about all he said in terms of what might be coming up.

Everything else was just excited commentary on what we were seeing and doing. You can tell how enthusiastic he is for us to get in and play the game.

This is the part I would have enjoyed the most.

Levyne

Banned
Just finished the episode, it was a lot more engaging than the first. The second part of the zone also it much more interesting than Prosperity Valley or whatever.

nataku

Loved the ending to this episode. Should hopefully quiet down people who were complaining about your character not being important enough, as long as ANet uses it well.

Good to hear. It always bugged me to see skin set after skin set be BLTP or chests only. I really hope they come up with something along the lines of for every X number of paid skins there are, we have 1 set that can be earned in game.

Morokh

We didn't get any Super Secret Infos or anything. We said we really liked that there were skins available via PVE instead of just the gem store this time and the comment he made was basically"We do too and you'll see more of that." That was about all he said in terms of what might be coming up.

New non-BLTC armor sets incoming !!!!

As I said earlier this second chapter has been really enjoyable, and that comes mostly from the fact that for the first time when I play a 'living story' type mission I'm not bothered with game mechanics and balance (might have helped that I was in a 5-man GAF group)

There was a few weird things like the baddie at Fort-Salma not scaling properly to a 5-man group and being too easy, and when IT happens we had Kas and Marjory doing their thing, and in the background ...... Kas2 and Marjory2 strolling around the area, which kind of killed the moment ...

We also had Moose who initiated the Concordia mission being stuck in the big vines in the middle of the fort, unable to speak to the NPC's to continue the mission :D was fun !

For the story, I kind of agree that you could clearly guess what was going to happen on many aspects when finishing Ep1, and going in the second, but this time, I feel it's way more open, and guessing what's coming may prove a bit trickier.

Only thing I really have to say is that Marjory lost a bit of prestige as a 'team leader' in my book after how she reacted the way she did.

Shiokazu

New non-BLTC armor sets incoming !!!!

As I said earlier this second chapter has been really enjoyable, and that comes mostly from the fact that for the first time when I play a 'living story' type mission I'm not bothered with game mechanics and balance (might have helped that I was in a 5-man GAF group)

There was a few weird things like the baddie at Fort-Salma not scaling properly to a 5-man group and being too easy, and when IT happens we had Kas and Marjory doing their thing, and in the background ...... Kas2 and Marjory2 strolling around the area, which kind of killed the moment ...

We also had Moose who initiated the Concordia mission being stuck in the big vines in the middle of the fort, unable to speak to the NPC's to continue the mission :D was fun !

For the story, I kind of agree that you could clearly guess what was going to happen on many aspects when finishing Ep1, and going in the second, but this time, I feel it's way more open, and guessing what's coming may prove a bit trickier.

Only thing I really have to say is that Marjory lost a bit of prestige as a 'team leader' in my book after how she reacted the way she did.

she... looked quite stressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom