• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellers

I wish we could still get inside Fort Salma. It's a bit cheap them just locking the doors :) I wanted to have a proper look around.

I didn't have time to look but what's the condition that the new mobs drop on you? The one I didn't have time to even think about hovering the mouse over before I was nearly dead :) I was quite surprised. Got nearly 4 full levels running the new episode on my Guardian last night and enjoyed almost every minute.

Some bugs on the
Fort Salma fight though. Died on my first attempt and then whatsherface didn't respawn to drop shields. and the necro mobs just appeared from nowhere with the NPC not around to cast them.

I'd give the first episode 6/10. I didn't really enjoy it (I suspect I'll get more out of it when I go back later). I'll give the new episode a 9/10 though. I was sad when it ended. The plot is starting to get very interesting.

I'm working on finishing my personal story for the first time too. On my Elementalist. Do I get background on Destinys Edgier in that or did they arrive in season 1? I'm sad that I don't know these guys.

Katoki

Does the adventurer's mantle actually do something or is it just flavor text so you can slap the skin on other helmets?

GPCjsqB.jpg
From: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2auf8b/updated_dry_top_events_timer_with_positions_and/

This will be useful if we do a Dry Top event in the future.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow, looks like no one has figured out how to get that skill point in the middle then?

Wow, looks like no one has figured out how to get that skill point in the middle then?

I got it.

As soon as you exit the cave from Scarlets house, look for a jumpy jump crystal on the left side of the cliff and use it to go all the way to the top and then walk around the edge you will find a small cave with a Centaur who will fight you and if you beat him you will get the skill point.

Do I get background on Destinys Edgier in that or did they arrive in season 1? I'm sad that I don't know these guys.

The setup happens in Personal Story (in Lion's Arch), and then the Destiny Babies side-story plays out in the Story mode of all the dungeons, in sequence.

EDIT: Derp. Didn't notice you meant the B-team. Their entire setup was done during the first two years of the game during the course of Season 1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The new episode seems wonderful so far and I've just scratched it. I'm parked outside of the
ley line hub
to continue the story, and the new areas I've just started to explore are already some of my favorite in the game in terms of design.

If it's not too much to ask, I would love if maybe during the first 48 hours of a release we could be pretty vigilant with spoiler tags? I clicked on one myself that I wish I hadn't out of pure stupidity, but some others have just been discussed without any tags by people who have clearly completed this episode's story in full. It might seem really silly, but certain specific occurrences that aren't even really quite "plot"-related spoilers are things I prefer to experience without knowing about beforehand. For example, cheesy a contrivance it may be as a storytelling device, I would have actually rather not known that we
go through a secret passage in Scarlet's room in Prosperity
... obviously this has little impact on the plot itself, but I was actually very impressed at how it was used to
bridge the old and new areas physically; despite it happening in a story instance, they actually ensured the geometry "works" and it's a logical progression to the zone.
I keep a close watch on this thread (obviously), and I'd rather have been surprised by that. I also didn't know yet that we were going to
Fort Salma
as part of the storyline here. Obviously the spoilers used in this paragraph are just by way of example because that stuff's been discussed, and it's not reasonable to expect to keep things like that out of non-spoilered conversation for very long. But having to miss out on playing during the initial release this time, something that will surely happen to plenty of us once in a while, it would be great to have this thread be fully spoiler-free for just a day and a half or so.

I also ought to mention, for someone who plays the style that I do, which is only ever doing exactly what I feel like doing during a session of GW2, the stuff to do offered by this season is already starting to pile up. Despite playing plenty over the past two weeks I only have about half of the Dry Top achievements and barely any of the episode 1 story achievements, and now there's all this new stuff. If you are the type that doesn't necessarily do things all at once when they're brand new, this new style of delivering content is going to be really rewarding.

Hellers said:
Do I get background on Destinys Edgier in that or did they arrive in season 1? I'm sad that I don't know these guys.
All introduced throughout Season 1. Sorry you missed it!

Here are their wiki pages:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Braham
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kasmeer_Meade
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marjory_Delaqua
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taimi

If you're really interested, I suggest reading the short stories many of them have, which can be found under "See Also" on each.
The setup happens in Personal Story (in Lion's Arch), and then the Destiny Babies side-story plays out in the Story mode of all the dungeons, in sequence.
;)

So I'm thinking of jumping back in a bit once the show I'm in is over. Sounds like the season 2 reactions are positive so far.

How are the new areas/bosses/general gameplay stuff? I always kind of thought encounter design was the weakest part of early GW2, but it started getting a lot better later on. Have they continued improving?

Moondrop

Banned
I have acquired sufficient ambrite to craft a complete set of exotic Nomad gear (++Tgh,+Vit,+HP), accessories included.

I have envisioned this for my ranger, who currently sports Sentinel weapons/armor from the last time Beastmastery was viable in WvW. But I just want to make sure there isn't another class that deserves it more.

The obvious alternative would seemingly be a minion master necro. But I'm having a hard enough time getting into necro as it is, and the minions are particularly creepy. Should I give MM necro a serious try first?

Thorgal

The new episode seems wonderful so far and I've just scratched it. I'm parked outside of the
ley line hub
to continue the story, and the new areas I've just started to explore are already some of my favorite in the game in terms of design.

If it's not too much to ask, I would love if maybe during the first 48 hours of a release we could be pretty vigilant with spoiler tags? I clicked on one myself that I wish I hadn't out of pure stupidity, but some others have just been discussed without any tags by people who have clearly completed this episode's story in full. It might seem really silly, but certain specific occurrences that aren't even really quite "plot"-related spoilers are things I prefer to experience without knowing about beforehand. For example, cheesy a contrivance it may be as a storytelling device, I would have actually rather not known that we
go through a secret passage in Scarlet's room in Prosperity
... obviously this has little impact on the plot itself, but I was actually very impressed at how it was used to
bridge the old and new areas physically; despite it happening in a story instance, they actually ensured the geometry "works" and it's a logical progression to the zone.
I keep a close watch on this thread (obviously), and I'd rather have been surprised by that. I also didn't know yet that we were going to
Fort Salma
as part of the storyline here. Obviously the spoilers used in this paragraph are just by way of example because that stuff's been discussed, and it's not reasonable to expect to keep things like that out of non-spoilered conversation for very long. But having to miss out on playing during the initial release this time, something that will surely happen to plenty of us once in a while, it would be great to have this thread be fully spoiler-free for just a day and a half or so.

I also ought to mention, for someone who plays the style that I do, which is only ever doing exactly what I feel like doing during a session of GW2, the stuff to do offered by this season is already starting to pile up. Despite playing plenty over the past two weeks I only have about half of the Dry Top achievements and barely any of the episode 1 story achievements, and now there's all this new stuff. If you are the type that doesn't necessarily do things all at once when they're brand new, this new style of delivering content is going to be really rewarding.

All introduced throughout Season 1. Sorry you missed it!

Here are their wiki pages:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Braham
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rox
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Kasmeer_Meade
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Marjory_Delaqua
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Taimi

If you're really interested, I suggest reading the short stories many of them have, which can be found under "See Also" on each.

;)

Once you decide to continue the Story , be sure to let me join your Group cause i want to see your reaction to "IT" in person .

I think he meant Margy and gang. They only appear in the LS.

Oh, right. I didn't notice the 'ier' at the end.

So I'm thinking of jumping back in a bit once the show I'm in is over. Sounds like the season 2 reactions are positive so far.

How are the new areas/bosses/general gameplay stuff? I always kind of thought encounter design was the weakest part of early GW2, but it started getting a lot better later on. Have they continued improving?

Much. Episode 2 has introduced a few enemy paradigms I hope spill out into the overworld too, since they're really interesting to fight.

Installing right now.

Any tips for a newcomer?

No rush. Have fun. Join the guild. Explore. If you're bored of your racial starting zone, travel to another race's starting zone. Buy the three harvesting tools early on, and harvest every node you see. Try to get to any Vistas or Points of Interest you see. Dungeons (start at level 35) require five people. GAF guild will be more than happy to run with you. If a profession you're playing doesn't 'click' with you, try the others.

If it's not too much to ask, I would love if maybe during the first 48 hours of a release we could be pretty vigilant with spoiler tags?

Derp. Sorry. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I would say there's good news for you hear on a number of fronts. You'll want to check out the redesigned Tequatl if you haven't yet, and get in for serious attempts at the Triple Wurm (toughest boss in the game for the moment). For smaller scale (both of the above required 70+ people to take down) there are a number of interesting bosses scattered about the new zone (look for Three-Toed Tootsie and Notchli for starters) and for even smaller (down to the soloable level) the encounter design within the new story instances is a step up from Season 1's as well.
Installing right now.

Any tips for a newcomer?
Stormbluff Isle, join GAF :D

Levyne

Banned
One of the first things you'll notice is that each area has a list of points of interest, "heart" quests, vistas, etc and a % completion to each. Try not to fret too much about completing areas sequentially. Well, at least not until you're well more than half and are trying to top it off later.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Once you decide to continue the Story , be sure to let me join your Group cause i want to see your reaction to "IT" in person .
Haha! If you're on you're in.
Dungeons (start at level 35) require five people. GAF guild will be more than happy to run with you.
30! AC Story FTW. :D
Miktar said:
Sorry. :/
Don't worry about it at all, this whole shebang is new. I didn't expect to give a crap about spoilers in this game, really ever, but it's looking like it might just be worth it!
Don't obsess over completing the map or make obligations out of anything on a daily timer.
Really good advice.

Thorgal

Haha! If you're on you're in.

30! AC Story FTW. :D

Don't worry about it at all, this whole shebang is new. I didn't expect to give a crap about spoilers in this game, really ever, but it's looking like it might just be worth it!

Really good advice.

Well ill probably be online for the next 7 hours starting now so if you are in during that period ill see you there .

Moondrop

Banned
I know my Nomad ranger is silly, but I'm looking forward to the challenge of bringing BM back. I'm hoping to go in a different direction than the regen ranger, namely all-in on pet DPS. That will probably require signets. As a fallback at least I can turn it into a zerg trapper.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well ill probably be online for the next 7 hours starting now so if you are in during that period ill see you there .
aw, hehe. I'll probably be logging on right as you're coasting off ;)
Hawk, take the time to explore Prosperity so you can see how much it changed!
I poked my head in the mine which didn't seem to be very affected, and then walked out to find
a wall of vines with three new enemy types all vinegar and daggers waiting for me. The vines collapse when you beat the event, such a cool effect. Also, poor Drooburt :'(
It was still only a quick run through though, I definitely want to inspect it more deliberately.

Callunah

Neo Member
I got it.

As soon as you exit the cave from Scarlets house, look for a jumpy jump crystal on the left side of the cliff and use it to go all the way to the top and then walk around the edge you will find a small cave with a Centaur who will fight you and if you beat him you will get the skill point.

Hrmm... wonder how you were able to get this!?!?!? *coughcoughcough* you're welcome. LOL

And btw... Love love love that you are using the term
"jumpy jump"
.. again.. you're welcome! *grin*

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I got it.

Awesome, thanks. I'll have to go grab it when I get home.

BraXzy

aw, hehe. I'll probably be logging on right as you're coasting off ;)

I poked my head in the mine which didn't seem to be very affected, and then walked out to find
a wall of vines with three new enemy types all vinegar and daggers waiting for me. The vines collapse when you beat the event, such a cool effect. Also, poor Drooburt :'(
It was still only a quick run through though, I definitely want to inspect it more deliberately.

Ooh you're back and exploring. How awesome is this update so far?

If you haven't finished the story missions I also want to tag along on the last mission. Partly just because I wanna see it again :D

As for the Living World achievements, I have most of the Dry Top ones so far but hardly any of the story ones. I guess that's one of the awesome things about this game though, they are there and ready to grab but it's not like there's a huge stressful rush to grab them before next update. Take your time is the games motto.

Moondrop

Banned
What do you mean "do something"? The wiki indicates it's a piece of exotic gear. Are you hoping it has some effect against sandstorms?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
BraXzy et al are certainly welcome if they're on when I continue my story missions.

I really wanna know what's in callunah's spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom