• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedge

Finally a bow skin that I like! <3

i4znP7q.png

PDvnhPi.png

Goldrush

I would say there's good news for you hear on a number of fronts. You'll want to check out the redesigned Tequatl if you haven't yet, and get in for serious attempts at the Triple Wurm (toughest boss in the game for the moment).

Are there regular serious attempt at Triple Wurm? Been attending somewhere around twice a week for months now and I don't think I even see one wurm at half health.

BraXzy

BraXzy et al are certainly welcome if they're on when I continue my story missions.

I really wanna know what's in callunah's spoilers.

I am clearly the chosen one.

So I just got shown how to
get out of the map. Pretty sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Katoki

What do you mean "do something"? The wiki indicates it's a piece of exotic gear. Are you hoping it has some effect against sandstorms?

Yep. It has flavor text but if it's nothing beyond that I might just unlock and apply the skin so I can save a rune.

Edit: it sort of bothers me that the chance of getting the pieces is from lock boxes which is from how much you farm events to buy the lockpicks. Do the pieces drop elsewhere and is there an alternative method of getting picks outside of doing/finishing the current living story instances and event farming for geodes all day?

BraXzy

Are there regular serious attempt at Triple Wurm? Been attending somewhere around twice a week for months now and I don't think I even see one wurm at half health.

I believe TTS do Wurm runs and sometimes succeed. Ask Zeroth about it, he's the guy who is in the know :p

Callunah

Neo Member
I believe TTS do Wurm runs and sometimes succeed. Ask Zeroth about it, he's the guy who is in the know :p

I know that there is a group on Thurs and Sat. at 9pm eastern that does it.. dunno if its TTS or not.. ive been on it a few times and succeeded each time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When you say attending, you mean just showing up at the scheduled spawn time and sticking around for whatever instance you landed in? Have they been organized at all? Triple Wurm on an uncoordinated map can be pretty hilarious. It's by far the toughest encounter for any group size in the game (and realistically requires a ballpark 120-150 people to complete).

If you're interested in taking it down on a regular basis you'll want to hook up with these guys: http://ttsgamers.com/strategy/great-jungle-wurm/

From what I understand, even TTS can't kill it every time, but they do have regular serious attempts and and do very well.

BraXzy

Ughhhhh! Servers are having a brainfart again. My delay between saying something and it coming up is a few minutes.

Me and a few guild members were running CM1 too! None of us fully knew what we were doing, I knew parts so we were just dipping our toe as we went.. nearly finished it and BOOM server derp :(

Edit: Aaaaaaand I'm out.

Ashodin

YWYJLQl.png
TgQrSkS.png

New patch, new set of gear. The Leyline weapons speak to me - after the Living Story missions they have more significance to me, and also they have sick awesome sounds when you unsheath and use them (pistols and rifle make a new noise!).

So I made a new set based off Zealot's and stacks Power + Healing Power. Heals while you kills!

Say hello to Ghameq Brokenclaw, my newest 80, a Thief. And now I have an 80 for one of each profession, which makes me happy. He's got all exotic armour and weapons, with full ascended trinkets. I just need to get him exotic underwater weapons. Keep forgetting about them.

OI6m0m3.jpg

jlk5Si8.jpg

4qlIcGd.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
that greatsword is something damn. curious about the gun sounds too. what rune did you use for that new set?

edit: whoa. what dagger skins you got there?

I think I still have a white underwater weapon on my mesmer...

BraXzy

No one else seems to be lagging as badly as I am. But I just got back in, had 30 second lag delay and have once again been kicked. Apologies to the guys I'm running the dungeon with.. :S

Tis the WvW reward ones.. Mistforged or whatever it is. I have them on my Thief too :D

Ashodin

that greatsword is something damn. curious about the gun sounds too. what rune did you use for that new set?

I think I still have a white underwater weapon on my mesmer...

Superior Rune of the Pack - Swiftness yo, I always has it.

(1): +25 Power
(2): +10% Swiftness
(3): +50 Power
(4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies Might, Fury, and Swiftness for 10s. (Cooldown: 20s)
(5): +100 Power
(6): +20% Swiftness Duration; +125 Precision

BraXzy

hmmm I actually still haven't picked my mistforged skin yet. iiinteresting

Dagger! Dagger! Dagger! Do it Hawk!

So me, Thorgal, Remy, Eileen and Dailoh (who unfotunately had to leave towards the end) managed to complete CM2 (I think) lagg be damned. There were quite a few wipes since none of us had much of a clue what to do.. I knew bits here and there but couldn't remember everything. I love when you just have to feel around in the dark till something works. Thanks for coming and sticking through the DC's guys!

Screenshot (Thorgals downsampled one will no doubt be better :3)

Suddenly realized I had no good shortbow skins, and two BL tickets, so:

bDtMiCE.jpg

The bow is lovely, pity it has no unique sounds. Picked up the Pistol too for my Engineer, since I didn't have any interesting pistol skins either.

Ashodin

Suddenly realized I had no good shortbow skins, and two BL tickets, so:

bDtMiCE.jpg

The bow is lovely, pity it has no unique sounds. Picked up the Pistol too for my Engineer, since I didn't have any interesting pistol skins either.

Looks like your arrows are imbued with leyline energy there.

Proven

Was wondering how this jumped so many pages on a non-update day, and it's because everyone (including me) keeps getting lag-kicked. All we can do is wait I guess.

I've also barely touched the new story stuff and because of it I've stayed out of mumble. But it's really boring walking in the world with just some music on.

Oh yeah, you guys know Deany Kong from [Pyro]? You should. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSY0NYiXHQ

Retro

Was wondering how this jumped so many pages on a non-update day, and it's because everyone (including me) keeps getting lag-kicked. All we can do is wait I guess.

It seems like the DDOS last night fucked something up pretty good. What compels people to be such asshats is beyond my understanding.

Damn, why did nobody tell me thieves do so much damage. Holy cow.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just figured it was obvious. They do more stabbing than a purple-shirted eye stabber.

I can't speak for everyone, but I just figured it was obvious. They do more stabbing than a purple-shirted eye stabber.

I've always known it, but you don't really appreciate it until you're doing it yourself.

I always like the 'rite of passage' run you do as a fresh 80 to Gavborn in Cursed Shore, to get the Aquabreather.

BraXzy

COME AT US !

gw22014-07-1700-11-474wo87.jpg

We are far too badass.

Thieves do pretty sweet damage.. but they can also die pretty damn fast. I suppose blinds and the sort make up for it though. The profession will always have a place in my heart as my first but I prefer my Warrior. Maybe I should go back to it for a bit.

Retro

I just have no idea what sigils to put in my 2xdaggers and shortbow. The guides say Superior Of Force, but at 6g a sigil... no.

I'm sure theorycrafters will lovingly poke holes in this theory, but I find Sigil of Energy (50% endurance on swap) on a ranged weapon is a rock solid choice for professions with a melee set. On my warrior and thief (especially my thief because of Disabling Shot), I'm switching to ranged weapons because I need some breathing room and the extra dodge is unbelievably handy.

And it's not a straight, boring "+Damage" type sigil, so it makes me not want to rage.

BraXzy

I'm sure theorycrafters will lovingly poke holes in this theory, but I find Sigil of Energy (50% endurance on swap) on a ranged weapon is a rock solid choice for professions with a melee set. On my warrior and thief (especially my thief because of Disabling Shot), I'm switching to ranged weapons because I need some breathing room and the extra dodge is unbelievably handy.

And it's not a straight, boring "+Damage" type sigil, so it makes me not want to rage.

Yup, I took your advice on my Longbow and it has worked out pretty well.

You know.. since I was pretty poor whilst on my Thief, I'm not even sure if I have sigils slotted on my thief. Also, I still need to put runes in my Warrior zerker gear since I haven't yet decided on them.

Thorgal

So here 's a question i already asked before but after reading this i have to ask again :

Would it be better to invest in Scholar runes or Strength runes for dungeons , fractals and PVE content post strength nerf ?

BraXzy

So here 's a question i already asked before but after reading this i have to ask again :

Would it be better to invest in Scholar runes or Strength runes for dungeons , fractals and PVE content post strength nerf ?

I want to know this also..

Another question, Thorgal is it just SweetFX you are using to get higher res, crisp screenshots or are you doing something else in particular?

Levyne

Banned

I'm not completely sure, but I think Scholar runes are better if you ensure that you are always paired with other zerkers in a DnT speed-runny fashion, and Strength is better for you wanting to spec with DPS but are largely unconcerned about who you are running dungeons with.

After 3 days of memtest and no errors, i think i maybe have solved my BSoD problem, I hope anyways, PC has been up and running for 22 hours and no blue screen, i had to up the voltage on my ram..I tried a lot of stuff from no GPU memtest to resetting my CPU heat sink, I was in game for over and hour without a crash, before it would crash after 5 mins.. all my Bsod errors were different which suggested a memory issue, I really hope that was the problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom