• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levyne

Banned
They didn't want the update after Dragon's Reach 2 to be too mind-blowing. A new LS chapter on top of new legendaries, precursor crafting, and the reveal of the Monk class would just simply be too much awesomenss.

Grudy

Okie, starting the first two episodes now. Anything I should know or keep in mind for achievements or rewards and stuff?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait... After Part 2 of the update we will be half way done with Season 2? D:
No one said halfway. We have very little information and it would be dangerous to assume anything about the total length of the season based on this report of a break.

8 total episodes would be an enormously fast pace for a seasonal arc even among many hour-long dramas and way, way fewer releases than Season 1; even discounting every single "special event," it had 20. Who knows, but that would be setting a very different standard, and, depending on how long the break before Season 3 began was, really make me wonder about what the bulk of the development team(s) are working on.

Then again,
Rytlock is potentially about to fucking reverse the Foefire,
so maybe they're going for a kind of "all killer no filler"approach with shorter seasons and more frequent but shorter breaks. Whooooo knows.

Ladyfriend's character:

VKQSGwy.png

aiCURQq.png

9hEfJnu.png

oDRFsCO.jpg

NiTQ7W4.png

ow6UdZh.png

Minamu

There's no reason to go as zoomzoom fast as possible, but you could be doing a few dungeons here and there if you're interested! And remember, events are always better XP out in the world then hearts, and often fill hearts in for you simultaneously.
Yes, I've been trying to do all events I happen upon, even if I already done them, just because they are so much fun. Anything that isn't kill 50 enemies to rank up is a lot of fun in this game. Getting exp for bringing meat to charrs is a great example.

Moondrop

Banned
Shit. Two years on, I'm still picking stuff up. Guess I better Lrn2ply.
The day I have no more to learn about the game mechanics is the day I move on.

On that note, I've been thinking about downed state health. We know that poison and agony both inhibit your recovery. Consequently, instant revival skills like Warbanner will often fail in these conditions. There's the salsa line of food, which increases downed state health. And of course there are many traits that affect the downed state, including ranger's "create healing spring on downed."

Which brings me to my question: do AoE healing skills, e.g. healing shouts, increase the health of a downed player? I play as if they don't, i.e. I wait 'til I res you then pump you with shouts to top you off. But I'd like to examine my assumptions.

Let me know if anyone would like to test this together. Also Coriolanus we can finish Fiery Greatsword testing sometime.

Retro

They didn't want the update after Dragon's Reach 2 to be too mind-blowing. A new LS chapter on top of new legendaries, precursor crafting, and the reveal of the Monk class would just simply be too much awesomenss.

Monk is already integrated into Guardian too much, just like Ritualist spirits were turned into Engineer Turrets. If I had to put money on any class returning, it would likely be Paragon with a dash of Dervish, if only because they wear heavy armor (There's only two in GW2, vs. three for medium and light armors), it would be a way to incorporate polearms (Two-handed Scythes, one-handed Spears/Tridents without the aquatic restriction and off-hand Javelins) and they kind of fit a desert theme (even though it's the wrong desert).

No one said halfway. We have very little information and it would be dangerous to assume anything about the total length of the season based on this report of a break.

I think folks are drawing that conclusion from the "mid-season" part, which implies that the break is happening in the middle of the season. Then again, it could be the writer plucking a familiar term from television without grasping the full implication. We'll have to wait and see, usually these kind of things draw out the whiners and ArenaNet has to issue some kind of official statement (that will then be ignored so the rage can continue).

Then again,
Rytlock is potentially about to fucking reverse the Foefire,
so maybe they're going for a kind of "all killer no filler"approach with shorter seasons and more frequent but shorter breaks. Whooooo knows.

The ramifications of such an act would require
entirely new event chains, enemy types, and dialogue for almost every single zone in the Ascalon region, not to mention every single path of Ascalon Catacombs. That's a pretty bold move, and not one I'm entirely sure I want right when it feels like we're on the cusp of going deeper into Dragon Country.

Ladyfriend's character:

Fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck. There goes my "Most Adorable Asura" award. No fair, using the panda hat.

Also, is that the Panda mini or did I miss some exclusive Panda bear pet on my ranger?

I gotta do some lookieloos at the research on the locations in the trailer.

We get it, already!
JUWnj.gif

spiritfox

You know, looking at the next 2 episodes' names (Dragon's Reach), I wonder if we're going to have a cliffhanger just as Divinity's Reach becomes overrun with ModremMoths. It could be lame to have another city assaulted so soon after Lion's Arch though.

Anno

I'm damn sure the news page said "mid-season break", but now I can't find it again... odd.

This one did. Can't imagine how he actually thinks this is a good way to phrase it, but, eh...

The Dragon's Reach: Part 1 will be the penultimate fortnightly Season 2 release before the Living World goes on a mid-season break.

Put me in the camp of "hopefully there's a feature patch in that break."

BraXzy

Apologies to those who I accidentally had port to the wrong Teq map since I wasn't paying enough attention :3

Hopefully showing Dailoh how to do the CoF2 run halfway through made up for it!

Retro

Meg and I have been making an effort to de-clutter, so I've been going through the stack of unread National Geographics so I can at least say that I read them and maybe save a few.

So I opened up the October 2011 issue to an article about the Anglo-Saxons and thought "Damn, those brush strokes look really familiar";

staffordshire02_670x3ziqr3.jpg

Fuckin' Daniel Dociu. He also did the cover;

Neat.

Ashodin

Damn that's neat.

Yeah I'd count on a feature patch after the LS stuff. They separated teams into mechanics teams and LS teams (supposedly).

I don't think Charr like working with flora, hence that cub hiding her strawberry patch.

Google, what are you trying to say?
U81sqQF.png

Half-Life 3 confirmed

Moondrop

Banned
Healing shouts do not heal the downed. Thank you Zeroth for help testing.

Here's a fact about the downed state of which I was unaware: "When you have been downed four times within one minute you will be automatically defeated without the chance to fight back."

spiritfox

Here's a fact about the downed state of which I was unaware: "When you have been downed four times within one minute you will be automatically defeated without the chance to fight back."

Hmm, I thought it's because you start with less downed HP every time you go down until you start with basically zero. That's good to know.

BraXzy

Hmm, I thought it's because you start with less downed HP every time you go down until you start with basically zero. That's good to know.

I also thought it was because of reduced HP. I suppose it's both, it reduces till on the fourth down you don't have any HP at all.

Good info! :D

Levyne

Banned

I also thought it was because of reduced HP. I suppose it's both, it reduces till on the fourth down you don't have any HP at all.

Good info! :D

this information will be super useful for braxzy

Speaking of Dragon Age, I am quite glad Living Story Season 2 is going the Bioware route of 'get these factions together to stop the big bad threat' ; it's a good way to go for a story like this.

Jira

Wait, a feature pack is coming soon?

We're speculating that one is merely because they're taking a mid-season break after 8/12 update. We don't know how long it will last and the fact that the LS team is only 20 people leaves another 280+ working on something for four months at that point.

Remfin

I'm hoping the APIs finally launch soon. I really want to do that map-linking thing but it's hard to be motivated since its pointless to do without the OAuth part.

Mxrz

Was pondering dumping 500g into the forge, and then servers crashed. ANet trying to save me from myself obviously.

Icomp

Damn, this thread really got me fired up on the game.

I keep reading about mechanics and lore. It's so much more advanced than I thought before.

Can't wait until I'm level 80 so I can experience the whole game!

Was pondering dumping 500g into the forge, and then servers crashed. ANet trying to save me from myself obviously.

If you feel like RNG has been good to you by all means throw money into the toilet, but don't end up like me, i wasted 600-700g in forge and got nothing, I have a friend who has gone after 3 Legendary and the Forge gave him his Pre in under 100g every time, lucky bastard.

BraXzy

If you feel like RNG has been good to you by all means throw money into the toilet, but don't end up like me, i wasted 600-700g in forge and got nothing, I have a friend who has gone after 3 Legendary and the Forge gave him his Pre in under 100g every time, lucky bastard.

I keep wondering whether or not to throw a few hundred G worth of greatswords into the toilet but then I think.. it's almost bound to end up with crap coming out. I'd rather just save up enough to place a buy order.

The temptation sure is there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom