• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Wonder if ANet will ever top the ghastly grinning shield skin. I haven't seen it out in the wild for the longest time now.

I wish I have 100g to throw away. I keep spending my money on pretty clothes. I'll make a bad female irl.

You have yet to see my roster of characters.

Phazon

We're speculating that one is merely because they're taking a mid-season break after 8/12 update. We don't know how long it will last and the fact that the LS team is only 20 people leaves another 280+ working on something for four months at that point.

Hmm, is the LS team really only 20 people big atm? :eek:

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hmm, is the LS team really only 20 people big atm? :eek:
Yeah, it fluctuates, but "a little over 20" according to a recent quote from Angel McCoy
Our team changes in size, but there are just a little over twenty people on it at any given time. This includes artists, designers, QA people, project managers, audio engineers, composers, leadership, programmers, and writers. The Living World is very much a team effort.
Although, in terms of simply developing story narrative and content, that number of people seems pretty good to me. I think too many more than that and you risk sort of losing focus.

heyyyy
Hey guys,
Steve Blum is still doing the voice of Rytlock in Guild Wars 2, including our trailers. Audio treatments are applied to his voice and it may sound different sometimes, but it’s still him. Just wanted to clarify that
neat

Complistic

Back when I played a lot and was rich, I wasted 200g before giving up and just putting in a buy order for the legend. This was back when rare staffs were half as much as they are now.

Grudy

Finished the first episode yesterday, lotta fun. I loved invistogating the map with marjory and kasmeer. Taimi is still my favorite character <3

The last fight against Aerin was kind of annoying because I lag too freakin much in this map! It only happens in Dry top even while playing at the lowest settings possible (not even native resolution :( )

I also loved the whole map aethetic. Prosperity has a neat design with the huge kind of foreboding mine. The sandstorm too is fantastic. Makes me want to get into character and get those new helmets or a scarf that I saw a couple of weeks back.

Braham is sadly still boring. He might as well not have been there this episode. At least Rox was sneezing like a kitty in Scarlet's room.

Thorgal

So now that we are in the second Week and no longer have to use spoilers . i can post these :

Just in case : SPOILER ALERT !

The result when you start the cut scene while transformed .

Everything must witness the eternal alchemy !

RGrcsk6.jpg

VrE40bY.jpg

AZ9ReLv.jpg

BaT4tnM.jpg

4ksJ1f0.jpg

Npa8RGx.jpg

Tiger one is high as a kite :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, this thread really got me fired up on the game.

I keep reading about mechanics and lore. It's so much more advanced than I thought before.

Can't wait until I'm level 80 so I can experience the whole game!
Aw man, I really hope we get the opportunity to play with you at some point!

Oh by the way, Good News Everyone, the guild was CULLED last night. (Was supposed to be on the 15th but I was still away). Those who hadn't logged in since April 15th, so going back to just about 3 month and a week, were removed and somewhere around 50 slots were freed up. We had been up to 491/500. A vast majority of our remaining members have logged in within the last 2 months, and around 60% within the last two weeks. Considering how lax (i.e. nonexistent) our attendance policies are and the number of active people this represents, just blows my mind.
I also loved the whole map aethetic.
hoo boy, if you feel like this but haven't done Episode 2 yet...

Ashodin

Like an active male trimming fat for muscle, a GAF culled is like an oiled machine, all parts working efficiently and quickly.

Ashodin

Goddammit you assholes are going to make me look like the evilest motherfucker in existence

I mean uh stop that you know you're still in the guild :)

Also GAF Guild bandwidth limit exceeded :(

Levyne

Banned
Question : is there still an easy way to get a Blade shard ?

I think the easiest way is to get them from the sprocket mine in the home instance and then use this MF recipe.

Nd2qh8C.png

While on the wiki, I see Aetherblades can drop them, as well as the aetherblade jumping puzzle chest.

Grudy

Anyone else experiencing framerate drops in dry top? It's becoming near unplayable (10 fps) at some parts.

Also, I'm a memeber :O finally!

If the aetherblades drop them couldn't you go just a little way into the puzzle and just sit there killing the mobs to death. I remember them respawning far too quickly last time I was there.
They do respawn far too quickly, I'll try that next time I decide to upgrade that backpack.
Even though I usually hide it, as I like seeing the weapons on my back.
Anyone else experiencing framerate drops in dry top? It's becoming near unplayable (10 fps) at some parts.

Also, I'm a memeber :O finally!
I have those drops in every place with so many people. Grats on becoming a member :D

Thorgal

I think the easiest way is to get them from the sprocket mine in the home instance and then use this MF recipe.

Nd2qh8C.png

While on the wiki, I see Aetherblades can drop them, as well as the aetherblade jumping puzzle chest.

Thanks . only piece i am missing for spinlal blades backpiece .

Grudy

They do respawn far too quickly, I'll try that next time I decide to upgrade that backpack.
Even though I usually hide it, as I like seeing the weapons on my back.

I have those drops in every place with so many people. Grats on becoming a member :D
Ehh, Mine is fine even when doing bosses like teq or wurm, I stay at a constant 30 fps. Guess my laptop can't handle sandstorms :l

And thanks
TadkV.gif

Ehh, Mine is fine even when doing bosses like teq or wurm, I stay at a constant 30 fps. Guess my laptop can't handle sandstorms :l
I think my problem is that I keep using settings too high for my computer. Thing is, even if I put everything to low, I won't ever get 60fps for whatever reason. So I put everything to max :p.

Vyrance

Healing shouts do not heal the downed. Thank you Zeroth for help testing.

Here's a fact about the downed state of which I was unaware: "When you have been downed four times within one minute you will be automatically defeated without the chance to fight back."

Yea this happens a lot in WvW with large zerg fights. Sometimes its easier to just keep pounding someone to death than to try spiking them in the midst of 30 enemies lol

BraXzy

I just watched 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes'. Highly recommend it, but I'd watch/rewatch the first one maybe.

There was a vote and the guild was renamed to "NoBraXzysGAF"

Thank god it's plural. Sorry anyone else with the name BraXzy, I'm the only one allowed in ;)

Lunar15

It's funny, I was re-watching that trailer last night and I thought "Watch, this is actually going to be Blum and I'm just going to look like an asshole."

Whelp, I'm nostrafuckin'damus over here.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
YES YES !

They said it was hard .
it actually was .

Yet i did not falter . i did not crumble .

I am victorious .

Not so secret ! JP completed .
Congrats!

I still need to get the diving goggles in there... O.O
you guys dont say much in chat :p
That doesn't sound like us... :p
It's funny, I was re-watching that trailer last night and I thought "Watch, this is actually going to be Blum and I'm just going to look like an asshole."

Whelp, I'm nostrafuckin'damus over here.
Hehe. I was actually thinking about it too. It doesn't sound quite like him, but there aren't really many instances of Rytlock straight-up yelling in the personal story.

Mxrz

If you feel like RNG has been good to you by all means throw money into the toilet, but don't end up like me, i wasted 600-700g in forge and got nothing, I have a friend who has gone after 3 Legendary and the Forge gave him his Pre in under 100g every time, lucky bastard.

I'd call my RNG luck awful, but who wouldn't. I still hate the thought of forking all my gold over to another player, so the mystic forge is about my only shot. Such a frustrating system.

I'm going to run around in WvW with spirit weapons as some sort of twisted protest.

jersoc

Back when I played a lot and was rich, I wasted 200g before giving up and just putting in a buy order for the legend. This was back when rare staffs were half as much as they are now.

I don't play as much anymore, but I'm still sitting on 500g waiting for hopefully the new system for legendaries. I honestly don't even know why anymore. I guess if its a cool chain of quests and stuff it would be fun to do. Im really, really hoping that its not just a bullshit time gated gold sink like ascended is. such disappointment there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom