• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Sure you're representing the guild? Cuz it's usually really chatty. Of course, I have my father and grandmother in town so I haven't been on since Monday to dump puns into chat nonstop.

It's not very punny without you around. Come back pl0x.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
What's with the Trading Post giving "Error attempting to sell" so much? Shit is infuriating when trying to sell many items.

What's with the Trading Post giving "Error attempting to sell" so much? Shit is infuriating when trying to sell many items.

It's a throttle, to prevent bots (and overzealous players) from trying to sell so much stuff so fast, that the entire system gets overloaded.

Just slow down and wait like, 10 seconds on occasion.

Miktar uses it to host furry...stuff.

Lies. I use imgur for that. For example:

NeBck5A.jpg

At last...

YTwANbK.png

What a long trip it has been.

I've run fractals with a lot of people in the guild, and I thank you all, but extra special thanks go to Zeroth for getting me into them in the first place. What a pal.

Too bad he wasn't there when I actually made it to 50.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I like running low level fractals. They're fast and I don't share the same disdain for fractal rewards as most.

All fractals scale your character to level 80. We've taken teams of low level people before.

Hawkian isn't necessarily referring to character level though. I think he's talking about the fractal level which determines the difficulty scale.

After fractal level 9 you'll have a progressively harder time though since Agony resistance is exclusive to true level 80 characters.

Icomp

But in theory I could do fractals until I gain level 9 (In fractal-level?) or something like that? Is it possible to still do fractals at a lower level or does it progressivly get harder, to which I just have to endure?

But in theory I could do fractals until I gain level 9 (In fractal-level?) or something like that? Is it possible to still do fractals at a lower level or does it progressivly get harder, to which I just have to endure?

You can continue to do fractals at a lower difficulty scale level even after you surpass it, but your personal reward level will not increase. The two levels people talk about regarding fractals are the difficulty scale level and the personal reward level. By completing a fractal at the same (or higher) difficulty scale level as your personal reward level, you increase your personal reward level by one. Doing a lower difficulty level still gives you a chance at loot and a daily chest from that reward tier, but it will not advance your reward level.

If you are with a team of true 80s that have full agony resistance and are willing to carry you when agony hits, you could continue to do fractals at least to difficulty level 19, if not all the way to 29.

Icomp

You can continue to do fractals at a lower difficulty scale level even after you surpass it, but your personal reward level will not increase. The two levels people talk about regarding fractals are the difficulty scale level and the personal reward level. By completing a fractal at the same (or higher) difficulty scale level as your personal reward level, you increase your personal reward level by one. Doing a lower difficulty level still gives you a chance at loot and a daily chest from that reward tier, but it will not advance your reward level.

If you are with a team of true 80s that have full agony resistance and are willing to carry you when agony hits, you could continue to do fractals at least to difficulty level 19, if not all the way to 29.

Maybe I'm confusing myself by reading the Wiki on Fractals.

Clarification: Since I'm level 41, am I able to do fractals or is this level 80 content?

Maybe I'm confusing myself by reading the Wiki on Fractals.

Clarification: Since I'm level 41, am I able to do fractals or is this level 80 content?

You are able to do fractals. It will scale you to level 80 while you are there. But the higher fractal difficulties (starting at level 10) have a condition called Agony that can only be blocked with level 80 equipment. The higher the fractal difficulty, the more damage Agony does. Until you get to the point where it will kill you instantly when it hits.

Icomp

You are able to do fractals. It will scale you to level 80 while you are there. But the higher fractal difficulties (starting at level 10) have a condition called Agony that can only be blocked with level 80 equipment. The higher the fractal difficulty, the more damage Agony does. Until you get to the point where it will kill you instantly when it hits.

I wish I knew this earlier! There's so much in this game I'm getting blown away every single day.

Thanks for clarifying this for me, really appreciated!

I wish I knew this earlier! There's so much in this game I'm getting blown away every single day.

Thanks for clarifying this for me, really appreciated!

You're welcome!

It's too bad we can't play together. If you were on a North American server, I'd personally go with you and help explain the fractals as we got to them. They are the thinking man's dungeons and not always entirely straightforward, so there can be a lot to learn in each one!

Icomp

You're welcome!

It's too bad we can't play together. If you were on a North American server, I'd personally go with you and help explain the fractals as we got to them. They are the thinking man's dungeons and not always entirely straightforward, so there can be a lot to learn in each one!

Interesting, pretty much like the whole game. From what I've learned the past couple of days, everything is a lot more than meets the eye.

It really is too bad.. I'm really on the fence doing a server transfer. Can I transfer from EU to US?
Will I play while the whole US is asleep? I'm from Sweden so that puts me on GMT + 2 Summer time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I didn't even think to mention fractals when you were talking about dungeon levels. I did a fractal run on a level 9 character once XD

When you do a fractal run, you get 3 fractals as random from a pool of 11, plus a boss fractal from a pool of 3. Each fractal is like a minidungeon, but they're all completely different. A given run can vary quite a lot based on which fractals you get. Actually, there's not really anything like fractals that I know of in any other game, and it gets even more interesting at level 30 onward.

Fractal level (goes from 1-50) is totally separate from character level, so when I said "low level fractals" I mean like Fractal level 19 or lower. But, those are the best suited ones for uplevels. <10, there's not any of the Agony condition at all, which makes them quite easy and fast dungeons, and they're all pretty fun.

You can certainly transfer from EU to US, it just costs gems (or deleting your characters :p). We have quite a few GAF scattered all over the place (not just US), so while you wouldn't be on for our primetime, you wouldn't be the only one on during your peak hours either.

Love Sweden btw, I worked in Björklinge right near Uppsala for a month and a half.

Icomp

I didn't even think to mention fractals when you were talking about dungeon levels. I did a fractal run on a level 9 character once XD

When you do a fractal run, you get 3 fractals as random from a pool of 11, plus a boss fractal from a pool of 3. Each fractal is like a minidungeon, but they're all completely different. A given run can vary quite a lot based on which fractals you get. Actually, there's not really anything like fractals that I know of in any other game, and it gets even more interesting at level 30 onward.

Fractal level (goes from 1-50) is totally separate from character level, so when I said "low level fractals" I mean like Fractal level 19 or lower. But, those are the best suited ones for uplevels. <10, there's not any of the Agony condition at all, which makes them quite easy and fast dungeons, and they're all pretty fun.

You can't think of everything ;) I guess what would hold people back until 30 is the availability of skills?

Love Sweden btw, I worked in Björklinge right near Uppsala for a month and a half.

Sweden can be quite the country at times!

Might I ask where you are from? Do you play on EU or US servers? (Got the impression that you play in EU)

spiritfox

Running Fractals as an uplevel would mean access to lesser traits and poorer equipment. It's not recommended unless the people you're running with are willing to carry you along. Of course you can do it, but it's not going to be easy, worse than running a dungeon's explorable mode at recommended level.

You can't think of everything ;) I guess what would hold people back until 30 is the availability of skills?

Might I ask where you are from? Do you play on EU or US servers? (Got the impression that you play in EU)
He is in US but he doesn't really play the game, he has spent more time in these OTs then actually in game. He may be our guild leader so my gkick is probably on its way.

You my friend need to transfer over.

Running Fractals as an uplevel would mean access to lesser traits and poorer equipment. It's not recommended unless the people you're running with are willing to carry you along. Of course you can do it, but it's not going to be easy, worse than running a dungeon's explorable mode at recommended level.

Low level fractals are very forgiving. Zeroth and I took a party with people at levels 28, 22, and 16 (Thorgal, Refyref, and danthefan) on a level 9 fractal and had no trouble at all. Only one uplevel would be a cakewalk.

Thorgal

Low level fractals are very forgiving. Zeroth and I took a party with people at levels 28, 22, and 16 (Thorgal, Refyref, and danthefan) on a level 9 fractal and had no trouble at all. Only one uplevel would be a cakewalk.
TBF you had to save our downed asses during it by soloing the boss but i would agree that if you are going in informed on how the fights work they are pretty doable wirh uplevels.

I am frac 34 and i only run frac 18/28, the rewards for the annoyance of the higher levels isn't worth it, i have friends who are 50 and once ran nothing but level 50 say the rewards=shit and waste of fucking time, they have gotten more Ascended weapon/armor from frac28 than 50..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think people forget just how simple and forgiving Fractal level 1 is. I certainly would not describe running Fractal level 1 at level 35 as more challenging than AC Explorable at level 35.
TBF you had to save our downed asses during it by soloing the boss but i would agree that if you are going in informed on how the fights work they are pretty doable wirh uplevels.
That's the main thing is just having someone who knows the fights. I should stress that when I did it on a level 9 uplevel it wasn't my first level 9 character... I already knew the fights quite well :p
Haha, oops. I know it's confusing but in that post I mean it gets more interesting at Fractal level 30. At every Fractal level 30 and above, these is a unique handicap or condition on the full run that changes up how you have to play, such as enemies exploding when they die or certain conditions being converted to boons on enemies.

Although you are right that it isn't until level 30 you have access to your elite skill, which depending on your class can make a big difference in dungeons

Ha, I'll take that as a compliment I guess! Nah, I'm just an American on Eastern Time (in Florida) I'm one of the three guild leaders of GAF and we are an NA guild.
He is in US but he doesn't really play the game, he has spent more time in these OTs then actually in game. He may be our guild leader so my gkick is probably on its way.
3300 hours and i'm still a casul

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Sure you're representing the guild? Cuz it's usually really chatty. Of course, I have my father and grandmother in town so I haven't been on since Monday to dump puns into chat nonstop.

yup im representing, asked few questions to no answer. its cool i understand people are busy just thought it would be more chatty than what ive seen.

Levyne

Banned
yup im representing, asked few questions to no answer. its cool i understand people are busy just thought it would be more chatty than what ive seen.

Sometimes I feel like a chatterbox compared to some of gaf. I bet it annoys them but they will never admit it.

Moondrop

Banned
During the broad NA time band, GAF guild is falling over itself to answer questions. I assume you asked your question during off-hours (or I've blocked you for being a dick in sPvP ;P).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
what's your character name? you must be on at off-peak... usually questions get answers quicker than Jimmy Johns delivery. if I'm on and see a question it's like an involuntary reaction to answer :p
Sometimes I feel like a chatterbox compared to some of gaf. I bet it annoys them but they will never admit it.
no way. you are helpful and funny.
When I'm on noone's on =(
I feel like I used to run into you more of the time than recently, we ran a ton of dungeons!

Retro

oh boy that sounded like fun

It was actually, I *like* my relatives and even if I didn't, they're just visiting so it's not like I can't survive a day or two without playing teh vidyagamez.

Besides, we got a nice desk out of it.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Weird. Usually people at least say hi. What are you guys doing while I've been away?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We did CoF story last night!

And I put three full inventory bags' worth of ascended crafting mats on my lowbie ranger!

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
We did CoF story last night!

And I put three full inventory bags' worth of ascended crafting mats on my lowbie ranger!

i was there when you called out for cof.

my chars
angel chay
angelina dark heart
queen of hunting

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

my chars
angel chay
angelina dark heart
queen of hunting

Did I miss you saying something? D: I apologize, I don't recognize a single one of those characters...

And don't worry about it Dog, it was my fault for assuming you knew path 1. COF 1 is such an easy quick run thact a lot of people do it before ever getting story done.

Moondrop

Banned

my chars
angel chay
angelina dark heart
queen of hunting
I was on during that period; there was virtually nothing said in guild chat. And I too don't recall any of those character names posting. I'm not calling you a liar, just that my experience is the same as Hawkian. We've got a mystery on our hands.

And don't worry about it Dog, it was my fault for assuming you knew path 1. COF 1 is such an easy quick run thact a lot of people do it before ever getting story done.

Hah, it's not a big deal at all. I figured I would be a burden in dungeons at first because I want to watch any cut scenes being shown and I'm unsure of how certain things operate.

my chars
angel chay
angelina dark heart
queen of hunting

I saw you yesterday. I was on as Van Go Lion and even chatted a bit, but I don't think anything directly at you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom