• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

ArenaNet is clever. Tucked a new rare crafting mat into an existing resource node to bring the price down on lumber in advance of the next Feature Update introducing housing.
I wish.

BraXzy

ArenaNet is clever. Tucked a new rare crafting mat into an existing resource node to bring the price down on lumber in advance of the next Feature Update introducing housing.
I wish.

It would be pretty cool if that is why. I wonder if something will actually require wood in the future which would make the price spike.

Till we find out, I'm content to keep finding little bundles of good amongst the twigs in Orr.

Ashodin

Making existing crafting mats be required for housing in the future would be amazing because their value would soar and people would feel rich.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
see now just did fractal 29 with a level 31 ranger and another party member with no AR. killed mai first try. that's what I'm talking about <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fMq7JnR.jpg

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I am gonna dungeon run today then farm logs

because nothing says deforestation more than getting a rare drop

jersoc

so if i understand the new season correctly, i can take my time to acquire this new back piece right? like shit doesn't vanish anymore?

Jira

so if i understand the new season correctly, i can take my time to acquire this new back piece right? like shit doesn't vanish anymore?

Correct, it will be further upgradable with episode 4 too. I think the idea of progression systems inside of cosmetic item creation is quite genius. It scratches that vertical progression itch while being completely cosmetic.

Jira

Yes, this is what they should have done a year ago.

You know based on what they said about the reason why Precursor crafting was delayed due to a restructured reward system...I wonder if it will be designed to fall in line with the new backpiece and spinal blade where you have to upgrade an item over time, eventually becoming a Precursor and then a Legendary via lore/story?

spiritfox

Legendary armor would be the worst. Imagine having to wait for all 6 slots to drop before you can have the set look. I'll rather just stick to Ascended and skin it.

Jira

Before that shit, where my pre-cursor crafting? they have forgotten about certain things.

They didn't forget, it was pushed back from Feature Pack 1 specifically because they made a new reward structure and they wanted to tie it into Precursor crafting. Don't be surprised when it shows up in FP2.

Retro

Mildly Amusing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37HH6IEiPO4

Making existing crafting mats be required for housing in the future would be amazing because their value would soar and people would feel rich.

I doubt it will happen, housing is just on my mind since today is Vanguard's last day. If I could transplant the crafting and housing system from that game into GW2, I'd be ecstatic. Both were just fantastic. The rest of the game... not so much.

To add to what others have said, we don't know how long the Foxfire clusters will be available. Maybe they're a permanent addition, maybe they'll be incorporated into a special gathering node (similar to Blade Shards being available via the Sprocket node). Maybe they'll be tucked into the laurel vendor.

I'm guessing they'll be available somehow, so take your time.

Legendary armor would be the worst. Imagine having to wait for all 6 slots to drop before you can have the set look. I'll rather just stick to Ascended and skin it.

Yep. I don't particularly care if they never get to Legendary armor. Especially since a lot of people consider Legendaries to be the "best" and therefore always use them. Can you imagine what it would be like to walk into town and everyone is wearing the same three gaudy armor sets?

Of course, it didn't happen with Ascended Armor, so... we'll see.

Retro

It really doesn't. All of the 'exclusive' dyes add a ton of contrast to items, whereas the old ones just sort of seem muted and faded. That image doesn't really show how much they make the little details 'pop' since it's just applied to a pretty texture-heavy area already. A better example would be large sections of cloth.

Moondrop

Banned
It actually works really well on my texture-heavy garment, providing contrast that highlights latticework on the top, stitching on the gloves, and other details. I think the main problem is my PC plus not knowing these amazing screenshot tricks.

I may give it another try later on a zoomed-in section of cloth.

I sitll want Legendary Armor, even though I haven't gotten a weapon yet since launch.

Thing with weapons is you grind hard for one, but you're limited to what you use the most. Like my WAR mostly wield greatsword 99% of times, but I don't want Twilight or Sunrise.
I'd rather have something like Juggernaut or Frostfang, but it would be a total grind waste.

Legendary Armor though, you'll grind for it, but know you'll always wear it.
And if it's going to be like weapons, you can swap the stats on it, which would be awesome.

SirKhalid

Damn, my account got ban for botting... I park my characters at both statue in Malchor Leap and Straits of Devastation to gather the Foxfire Clusters every hour... but I didn't bot.

Levyne

Banned
That sucks :<

Probably too many people mistakenly reported you if they saw you too many times...but then that would mean they were doing the same thing..

Edit: I don't have a strong opinion on Legendary Armor, but because of the cosmetic nature of legendaries as well as the free stat swap and 6 different slots, obvious to say it would have to be implemented quite differently. I dunno, maybe an outfit? I think you'd see trinkets/backpieces with various effects before armor sets. Though I would be fine with legendaries continuing to be a weapon-only thing.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, Khalid, I hope you appeal that. If you've been manually doing all the harvesting then that is a huge oversight. Was it a permanent account ban? Do you think it's possible you missed some chat trying to verify that you were a human?

edit: Dude, apology chests with the unbanning? A free armor set?

...how do I get me one of these bans
Moondrop said:
screenshots
As a general rule, take screenshots with anything but Guild Wars 2 itself. You want something that will capture exactly what is on your monitor. If you're using SweetFX, its own screenshot function is great. If not (or just in general), PicPick is a phenomenal freeware app as well. Then make sure NOT to upload to imgur as it will compress your image, then spit on them and compress them again.

Thorgal

Damn, Khalid, I hope you appeal that. If you've been manually doing all the harvesting then that is a huge oversight. Was it a permanent account ban? Do you think it's possible you missed some chat trying to verify that you were a human?

edit: Dude, apology chests with the unbanning? A free armor set?

...how do I get me one of these bans
As a general rule, take screenshots with anything but Guild Wars 2 itself. You want something that will capture exactly what is on your monitor. If you're using SweetFX, its own screenshot function is great. If not (or just in general), PicPick is a phenomenal freeware app as well. Then make sure NOT to upload to imgur as it will compress your image, then spit on them and compress them again.

Might want to throw Fraps in there as well .

All my shots are taken with it .

Might want to throw Fraps in there as well .

All my shots are taken with it .

I second Fraps. You don't even need to buy the full, the free version saves to BMP. Which is what you want

Set the screenshot key to SCRLK, so it doesn't interfere with anything else and you don't take duplicates.

For image management, resizing, editing, and exporting to high quality JPGs, I use Picasa.

Levyne

Banned
I generally use fraps and sta.sh though many people will say to use flickr. Fraps will pick up sweetfx too. Sweetfx will also default captures with printscreen so you'll take a crappy guild wars 2 image as well as a sweetfx image to the directory, but I think sweetfx saves as bmp which can be annoying depending on the host. I think some will autoconvert them to png.

Fastone Image Viewer is a free program that you can use to resample images (if you are downsampling) so that you can show what the image looks like downsampled instead of throwing, say, a 4k image into the thread. Of course you can also use photoshop.

Edit: I guess bmp is also lossless, though sometimes it annoys me that chrome will download the files that I don't care to download, depending on the image host.

Thorgal

As a general contributor to the Screenshot thread i always convert my shots to JPG format ( losless ones of course ) Since BMP 's are ridiculous large and a full page of those will likely crash browsers , not to mention their bandwidth sucked dry .

PNG are good enough , but i prefer less bandwith usage and not having to wait till the page is fully loaded .

I would just like to point out, the reason why so many players appear to have such a huge amount of gold in this game, is because those players are likely:

1jEsDOQ.png

cZ0FkdI.png

dBFUl9w.png

DFmXzGB.png

YFRHwyl.png

And people wonder why a) some people have five legendaries and b) the economy is so whack sometimes.

And these people don't even get paid to farm.. :p

I don't know how people play Warriors. I feel so slow, cumbersome, and... un-versatile as one. Running GS/Axe+Mace, I've got no block either, so once the endurance runs out, you just kind of.. face tank things, and hope nothing throws conditions on you. Shake it off works once, and then dat cooldown...

I'm having a real hard time playing a solo warrior in PvE.

Levyne

Banned
When I was mapping with warrior I felt like destroyer of worlds. I don't like using them in dungeons, but that's likely just a lack of familiarity and willingness to learn.

spiritfox

I don't know how people play Warriors. I feel so slow, cumbersome, and... un-versatile as one. Running GS/Axe+Mace, I've got no block either, so once the endurance runs out, you just kind of.. face tank things, and hope nothing throws conditions on you. Shake it off works once, and then dat cooldown...

By the time you run out of endurance everything should be dead or half dead. GS and Axe/Mace are very offensively oriented weapons, so if you want something more defensive, you should pick up a shield or get a hammer for CC. Also, GS gives you a lot of mobility, use 3 to dodge and 5 to close or run away.

BraXzy

Interesting

UNafCck.png

Well that's a neat apology, anyways.

Anet, ban me pls. Then unban me because I did nothing wrong.

Hey now, I play Warrior! If you feel slow, get a Warhorn on your swap. GS gets you around pretty damn quick with 3 and 5. Three points in Discipline also helps for Warrior's Sprint which gives you 25% extra movement speed. If you feel like you are dying a lot, slot in Endure Pain for the breathing room.

And like Spiritfox said, with GS, hundred blades makes short work of most things. What level is your Warrior?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't play warrior so I suppose take this all with a grain of salt...

Bold, you'll want to look into the Warrior's Sprint trait (edit: Warhorn too, aha)

Italics, if versatility is an issue, seems like you should be giving Rifle, Longbow, Hammer, and/or Shield a chance. I thought you enjoyed ranged DPS too, so you might have more fun with one of those options?

Underlines, you have the armor and the HP for this. It's basically the only class for which it's kind of possible to tank things in the traditional sense. With GS/Axe+Mace, you can do enormous amounts of AoE damage. I can't imagine anywhere in the open world besides maybe Toxic Alliance territory and Orr that do enough condition damage to you to have a chance of taking you down before everything in the area is slaughtered by an offense-centric warrior.

Consider signets for utilities until you're more confident with your capabilities. (edit: Endure Pain is an incredible skill as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom