• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My warrior is 80. I have one of every profession at 80, fully geared. They all have all the weapons they can use as well.

I just don't like how Warrior plays, I guess. Sure it does damage, but it's so one dimensional, it puts me to sleep. ;..;

I tried the "top rated everyone must play like this" dungeon build. Noope. Tried the "this is the best PvE meta build". Noope.

I think Engineer just spoiled me. Going to anything else feels like a step backwards.

I think Rangers make better Warriors. :p

SirKhalid

I would just like to point out, the reason why so many players appear to have such a huge amount of gold in this game, is because those players are likely:

And people wonder why a) some people have five legendaries and b) the economy is so whack sometimes.

And these people don't even get paid to farm.. :p

Well, it was quite easy to make money, 4-7g each hours in 10 minutes.

As a general rule, take screenshots with anything but Guild Wars 2 itself. You want something that will capture exactly what is on your monitor. If you're using SweetFX, its own screenshot function is great. If not (or just in general), PicPick is a phenomenal freeware app as well. Then make sure NOT to upload to imgur as it will compress your image, then spit on them and compress them again.
I'm having trouble getting something to work with DarkD3 and Windows 8. I was using Fraps with Windows 7 and it was fine but now I can't take nice screenshots anymore.

BraXzy

My warrior is 80. I have one of every profession at 80, fully geared. They all have all the weapons they can use as well.

I just don't like how Warrior plays, I guess. Sure it does damage, but it's so one dimensional, it puts me to sleep. ;..;

I tried the "top rated everyone must play like this" dungeon build. Noope. Tried the "this is the best PvE meta build". Noope.

I think Engineer just spoiled me. Going to anything else feels like a step backwards.

I suppose some things just don't click with everyone. I'd not give up on the class completely. I wouldn't bother with the meta builds too much. They are all pretty similar and are simply the quickest, most efficient thing to speedrun dungeons typically.

Foxfire cluster buy orders have already dropped under 1G.

Also.. Dusk is currently 1900/1440 on the TP :|

If they want us to carry one of every weapon, just so we can "use X weapon for when you want to move, Y weapon when doing Z", they really need to give us weapon quickslot buttons on the right side of the screen or something.

Opening inventory and replacing weapons every five minutes is a pain.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I think a Cleric Shout build with Trooper runes and either Longbow or Rifle in place of the Axe/Mace swap would be right up your alley. They can be an enormous asset in dungeons. Noooo clue why you're trying out prescribed meta builds if you weren't interested in damagedamagekillkillkill.

Levyne

Banned
If they want us to carry one of every weapon, just so we can "use X weapon for when you want to move, Y weapon when doing Z", they really need to give us weapon quickslot buttons on the right side of the screen or something.

Opening inventory and replacing weapons every five minutes is a pain.

Templates

Someday

Also guild halls

spiritfox

I agree with Hawk. Do just follow the meta if you don't like it. Try out other stuff like Cleric Shouts, Sword/Sword condi, or even HamBow to see if those playstyles suit you better.

Moondrop

Banned
I don't know how people play Warriors. I feel so slow, cumbersome, and... un-versatile as one. Running GS/Axe+Mace, I've got no block either, so once the endurance runs out, you just kind of.. face tank things, and hope nothing throws conditions on you. Shake it off works once, and then dat cooldown...
Maybe you should stop using those boring weapons then? You know the PvE meta is inherently bad. :p

You can have up to 3 blocks with MH mace, shield, and OH sword. You can do virtually anything except strip boons; warrior is absurdly versatile.

Cleansing Ire, a major trait in the third line, provides amazing condition removal for all builds.

Sure it does damage, but it's so one dimensional, it puts me to sleep. ;..;

Well now you're trolling. Warrior has several dimensions; I was thinking just that as I used every bit of CC I had to defeat these LS2 bosses. And I'm one of the biggest ranger defenders here, but there's almost nothing they do better than a warrior.

It's just too damn expensive to keep trying all the builds people recommend, since armour isn't cheap.
Karma gear from temples was just expanded. WvW vendors sell exotic gear cheaply as well.

I don't know how people play Warriors. I feel so slow, cumbersome, and... un-versatile as one. Running GS/Axe+Mace, I've got no block either, so once the endurance runs out, you just kind of.. face tank things, and hope nothing throws conditions on you. Shake it off works once, and then dat cooldown...

I'm having a real hard time playing a solo warrior in PvE.

Just to pile it on you with everyone else replying too...

A lot of Warrior versatility is about carrying every weapon combination in your inventory and being willing to swap frequently. And then even beyond "pewpew, kill, die", what support you bring to the team can vary a lot too: banners and shouts (especially healing shouts) are key in any team oriented build.

Warrior's Sprint should make you feel plenty fast enough. The Sword's Savage Leap and Greatsword's Rush are also good for getting around quickly.

Mace, Off-hand Sword, and Shield all have blocks and they can even be traited to reflect. There are also utility skills that completely negate all incoming damage.

The Cleansing Ire trait clears one condition for every bar of Adrenaline you spend, and Signet of Stamina clears all conditions when activated. The Mending healing skill heals and also cures three conditions. Shrug It Off is a trait that automatically activates Shake It Off (one on a separate cooldown from the manual shout) when afflicted with a condition.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll try Hambow next. It's just too damn expensive to keep trying all the builds people recommend, since armour isn't cheap.
Well, Cleric armor IS pretty darn cheap, especially if you have Badges of Honor, and Trooper runes are listed under 2g.

edit: Yeah, I must say I'm confused, it feels a little like you're going out of the way to dislike the class. Playing a warrior doesn't interest me at all personally, but I have learned a lot about their capabilities and it seems to me you could have saved yourself money by not trying out the prescribed meta builds that you must have sensed you didn't really enjoy by nature. There are even more creative builds that I'm sure are viable that anything we've even mentioned, the class can use like a bajillion weapons and has 600000 base HP or something.

Ike, does that Shrug It Off trait activate the Trooper rune effect?

Maybe you should stop using those boring weapons then? You know the PvE meta is inherently bad. :p.

Well maybe, if GAFguild had it's own list of recommended builds, I wouldn't have to resort to asking people outside the forums who keep telling me to use those "boring weapons". Hmm.

EDIT: Anyway. The reason I'm playing a Warrior right now is not because I want to. I have zero interest in the profession. But the main reason a few people I know quit the game, is because they played as a Warrior, got bored with the combat, and quit. So I'm trying to learn the profession and figure out a way to suggest a build for them that will keep them more engaged, and have them feel like they have more agency beyond a GS rotation and waiting for a revive when the conditions smack on.

So I am reading everyone's suggestions and making notes, don't worry.

I'm trying to find a balance between high damage output and survivability, that doesn't involve telling my friends "okay now go spend 252000 karma, three times, for three different sets of armour, oh and be sure to buy three sets of every weapon, since you need X for dungeons and Y for PvE and the two don't overlap", and so on.

I'd tell them to just craft Celestial and join the master race, but none of them care for crafting.

Double Edit: I'm not going out of my way to dislike the class. I'm just in a place of frustrating in trying to like the class, not for myself, but to try and convince people to give it another shot. And I can't do that, if I don't understand the class properly. So don't take my comments too seriously, they're not entirely representative of my mental space.

There's no need for Warriors to feel defensive. They're an offensive class, after all. *badum dish*

Noooo clue why you're trying out prescribed meta builds if you weren't interested in damagedamagekillkillkill.

Because this isn't about me. So, I'm examining all the options.

Moondrop

Banned
Oh no, just messing with you; I know you're not a troll.

But I think you've constrained your parameters too tightly. Doing a lot of DPS means using the more boring weapon sets. The most engaging weapon set to me is Mace/Shield- full of interrupts and blocks on low windups, it truly allows you to read and react. But it will never do great DPS even with zerker.

Hambow is optimized for sPvP, obviously, but it is very dynamic in the way you swap a lot and can self-combo. Should put out enough DPS for PvE.

Also convincing people to like warrior seems much more difficult than convincing them to reroll another class.

Also convincing people to like warrior seems much more difficult than convincing them to reroll another class.

Tell me about it. But, that's the limiting factor here. They won't re-roll, but they think Warrior is poopy, which in turn means GW2's combat is "boring and poopy". So, I'm trying to find a way to solve that.

EDIT: Hambow looks kind of fun. I assume this is the right one? http://intothemists.com/guides/3535-stronk_warrior_hambow

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well maybe, if GAFguild had it's own list of recommended builds, I wouldn't have to resort to asking people outside the forums who keep telling me to use those "boring weapons". Hmm.
Seriously, are you having a bad day? What is with ascribing some sort of blame to the guild? I'm not really in favor of putting together any list of recommended builds because I think Guild Wars 2 shines when you figure out what you like and then build together a build to complement it. Every single build I've constructed on all of my level 80 characters is customized to my own playstyle rather than something I copied off of a website, assisted and improved by asking questions of friends and guildies in the exactly the vein you are right now (only less confrontationally, I'd like to think). On top of that there are plenty of extant resources that show all manner of builds beyond the two you have described.

Party support GS build
WvW focused hammer DPS
Condition tank with Sword MH and Carrion gear

edit: Oh, I see the position you're in. I can't imagine anything being worth the experience of specifically playing a class I didn't enjoy, so it's a noble goal to be sure. I would recommend not putting too much pressure into your efforts though. Plenty of people absolutely adore the class at face value.

My advice would be to give HamBow and Shout/Trooper a shot and if neither of them do anything for you, abandon this project and go back to things you enjoy :p

What are some general tips for WvW? Going to try it out this weekend finally on my Guardian.

Join a zerg. Loot Stick (Staff) #1 skill. Pick up bags. Repeat. :p

(I keed: WvW is a lot of fun. Try to stick with a group until you get the hang of things).

Seriously, are you having a bad day?

I was making a joke. A while back I had asked if people thought it would be a good idea to put together a GAF list of builds, and I got shot down so hard it was like ion cannons raining down hellfire from orbit. And then, surprise surprise, here I was again looking for suggestions for builds, and people linking them - when there could have just been a post I could have referred to had it been made prior. I found it funny, is all.

I won't bring it up again.

Yes, I get it. Everything is better when you figure it out for yourself. I'm a big advocate of that myself. I'll refrain from asking for advice on the forums again, since there's plenty of sites that are apparently better suited for giving me the information.

Moondrop

Banned
What are some general tips for WvW? Going to try it out this weekend finally on my Guardian.
Follow the commander aka the pin aka the blue dorito.

Get into Teamspeak for your server if at all possible.

Hold on to supply, which you pick up at supply camps. Use it when instructed by commander. Also don't throw down siege blueprints, the commander will place his own.

Don't wear zerker. Bring condition removal. Use food, and oils if you can afford it.

Guardian specific: bring a staff, lay swiftness symbols when your forces are in transit, press 1111111111 during engagements, make sure to auto-loot your bags. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes. You clear two conditions.
That is amazing.
I was making a joke. A while back I had asked if people thought it would be a good idea to put together a GAF list of builds, and I got shot down so hard it was like ion cannons raining down hellfire from orbit.

I won't bring it up again.
I totally missed the reference (don't think I was there for that), I apologize.

I think where this is going to go off the rails is "I want a solution that doesn't involve my friends spending a bunch of [x] on armor/weapons to try things" because doing exactly that is one of the main appeals of GW2's gear and build system... the caveat being that you have to enjoy the class in the first place. I'm a little stumped as far as your problem, I must admit.
I'll refrain from asking for advice on the forums again, since there's plenty of sites that are apparently better suited for giving me the information.
You really think that's anywhere close to what I was advocating? :-/ In all seriousness do you think that was the upshot of what I said? The very paragraph you quoted highlights the virtue of asking questions here for help in refining a build. You might notice that I and others also did give you a lot of specific advice :(

I'm sorry I didn't get your joke, truly. I thought you were saying the predicament you're in would be solved if gafguild just had a list of builds to choose from. I had no idea you were approaching this conversation from the point of view of playing a class you don't like for the sake of others, and I would have responded with a different mindset if I had realized that at first.

Moondrop

Banned
That build was almost right but a little wonky in the 5th line. You'd want to take Destruction of the Empowered for WvW/PvP, and probably optimize other ways for PvE.

Edit: oops, didn't scroll to bottom. No one really uses Knight's for Hambow, not that it's bad. Vast majority run Zerk or Soldier; I personally run Valkyrie.

And don't be silly; there's plenty of build talk here even if we lack a repository. People reacted to the tone of certain phrases you used, not your general request to discuss warrior theorycraft.

That build was almost right but a little wonky in the 5th line. You'd want to take Destruction of the Empowered for WvW/PvP, and probably optimize other ways for PvE.

And don't be silly; there's plenty of build talk here even if we lack a repository. People reacted to the tone of certain phrases you used, not your general request to discuss warrior theorycraft.

They won't be doing any WvW or PvP.

And I apologize for my tone. I do have a chip on my shoulder regarding the Warrior class, and I guess it shows. I am not kidding when I say, every single person I personally know that has quit GW2, was playing Warrior. So the profession holds a certain amount of baggage for me - it represents the reason the people I played with, and had fun with, left - which I know is unfair against the profession, and I shouldn't hold a grudge.

You really think that's anywhere close to what I was advocating? :-/.

I looked up builds online, and they didn't work out. I asked (badly) for advice here, and was told "well, stop looking up builds online - and figure it out for yourself, that's more fun" and then also get linked to builds I could have just looked up online... I dunno. Mixed messages all around, but it's probably also just because my attention is split. I'm trying to do several things at once, and doing them all badly. So that's on me, don't worry about it.

A lot of good advice was given, yes, and I'm going to be trying them out.

That is amazing.

A Vigorous Shouts build with Trooper Runes is great. Shake It Off and Shrug It Off both clear two conditions, and On My Mark and For Great Justice clear one each (in addition to their already valuable abilities). And all four shouts heal you and your party members for a fairly significant amount.

Add in the trait for faster shout cooldowns, and you'll be a tremendous asset to any party.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man that is wild. By a slim margin I'm pretty sure it's still the most-played profession in the game.

I want to give your friends $5 each to try another class XD

Jira

They won't be doing any WvW or PvP.

And I apologize for my tone. I do have a chip on my shoulder regarding the Warrior class, and I guess it shows. I am not kidding when I say, every single person I personally know that has quit GW2, was playing Warrior. So the profession holds a certain amount of baggage for me - it represents the reason the people I played with, and had fun with, left - which I know is unfair against the profession, and I shouldn't hold a grudge.

A Hammer / Sword/Warhorn shout healing Warrior is insanely fun to play.

Man that is wild. By a slim margin I'm pretty sure it's still the most-played profession in the game.

I want to give your friends $5 each to try another class XD

I spent $60 buying the game for a friend (at launch). They loaded it up, rolled a Warrior, played for 30 minutes, then quit and never loaded it again.

;..;

EDIT: Though, one upshot at least. Another friend who rolled Warrior at the start, got to about level 30 and went "nope, not fun", and rolled a Thief instead. They're now almost level 60 and enjoying it. They only play for about two hours a week though, so it's slow going.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I spent $60 buying the game for a friend (at launch). They loaded it up, rolled a Warrior, played for 30 minutes, then quit and never loaded it again.

;..;

Did you at least get your money back?

Thorgal

Sometimes i go afk in the middle of a field while an enemy is attacking me for a few minutes and when i get back i am still not dead .

Healing factor FTW!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A Vigorous Shouts build with Trooper Runes is great. Shake It Off and Shrug It Off both clear two conditions, and On My Mark and For Great Justice clear one each (in addition to their already valuable abilities). And all four shouts heal you and your party members for a fairly significant amount.

Add in the trait for faster shout cooldowns, and you'll be a tremendous asset to any party.
Right, Vigorous Shots, Lung Capacity, Trooper Runes, SIO/OMM/FGJ... Shrug it Off was the puzzle piece I was missing. That makes it an autotriggered AoE heal and condition cleanse every... 20 seconds? Christ.

Maybe one day I will get bored and make one, get a Magi set and just run around yelling at everyone to make them feel better. That has to be among the absolute best healing builds in the whole game.

;..;

EDIT: Though, one upshot at least. Another friend who rolled Warrior at the start, got to about level 30 and went "nope, not fun", and rolled a Thief instead. They're now almost level 60 and enjoying it. They only play for about two hours a week though, so it's slow going.
Holy crap that sucks!

Props to your other friend though cause thieves are teh most best :D
Moondrop said:
I personally run Valkyrie
Vitality over Toughness
Well, Valk is also Power primary, versus Toughness primary for Knight's. I am surprised at Valk over Soldier/Zerk or a split though. What is your crit chance at with that build? I'm thinking you must get a ton of fury uptime to make that work?

Jira

Man people are really up in arms over the fact that they got banned after farming tree nodes for 12-16 hours straight. If that is all you did for that much time, not fighting, etc, how do they expect anyone to tell the difference between them and a bot? Yes, they're controlling the character but if you're just going from node to node for that long, it looks like botting.

;..;

Who in the hell plays one class in an MMO for 30 min then quits without trying another?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Man people are really up in arms over the fact that they got banned after farming tree nodes for 12-16 hours straight. If that is all you did for that much time, not fighting, etc, how do they expect anyone to tell the difference between them and a bot? Yes, they're controlling the character but if you're just going from node to node for that long, it looks like botting.
I mean it's a mistake either way, but I imagine that there are tons of actually botters since this patch and they cast too wide a net or something. Maybe it's a case of, the people who were actually botting won't appeal and the innocent people always will, so they just took the hit of banning everyone that qualified for a cetain threshold knowing that the innocent ones would speak up afterward (sort of like we cull people).

I figure they should ask people to respond verbally in chat to establish they aren't botting, eh? I have no idea how else you're supposed to determine if someone is botting or just sitting at their desk with a diaper and mountain dew IV farming for 20 hours straight.

Levyne

Banned
Well in Khalid's case and likely others he wasn't even doing it straight-marathon, just logging into (hehe, logging) a parked alt every hour. (At least that's how I read it)

Jira

Next update will expand Dry Top again:

https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/statuses/494890744264794113

6pryE.jpg

Okay, this is what I'm looking at trying next in my quest to create a fun, versatile, slightly tanky but still good damage output general PvE and dungeons Warrior, (it's based on the Hambow builds I saw online but with Soldiers instead of Knights): http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...A-TRCHwAFOEAAuAAGeAA+V/JoyP6KBHcEAErLY2+DAA-e

Thoughts?

Who in the hell plays one class in an MMO for 30 min then quits without trying another?

Someone who already made up their minds before playing, that "all MMOs are the same" (a.k.a. the life-destroyer WoW) and GW2 is no different. Note: they never played WoW, or any other MMOs. But they knew, in advance, that GW2 is "no different from WoW anyway". Yeah... we don't talk much anymore.

Jira

Okay, this is what I'm looking at trying next to create a fun, versatile, slightly tanky but still good damage output general PvE and dungeons Warrior, based on the Hambow builds I saw online: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...A-TRCHwAFOEAAuAAGeAA+V/JoyP6KBHcEAErLY2+DAA-e

Thoughts?

Someone who already made up their minds before playing, that "all MMOs are the same (a.k.a. the life-destroyer WoW) and GW2 is no different. Note: they never played WoW, or any other MMOs. But they knew, in advanced, that GW2 is "no different from WoW anyway". Yeah... we don't talk much anymore.

I've seen it first hand the amount of people who think every single MMO is the same and typically they're right 95% of the time, with GW2 and sandboxes being an exception.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Okay, this is what I'm looking at trying next to create a fun, versatile, slightly tanky but still good damage output general PvE and dungeons Warrior, based on the Hambow builds I saw online: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...A-TRCHwAFOEAAuAAGeAA+V/JoyP6KBHcEAErLY2+DAA-e

Thoughts?
Man the hammer and bow skills do look fun.

This is a not-even-close-to-warrior-expert's attempt to advise, but I think that this build focuses too much on Ferocity to thrive with such low base Crit-chance? I think you're compensating for that with Sigil of Intelligence a bit, but if you want to have a go with that sort of setup maybe throw one on each weapon instead of the Leeching one, and weapon swap every possible chance you get. You could also replace a few pieces with Zerk. 26k health is an awful lot!

edit: This advice coming from the perspective that you started out with a WvW-centric build and are tweaking it to suit PvE better

edit again: oooh and in dungeons, any banner of your choice and Battle Standard will benefit the party waaaay more than Balanced Stance and Signet of Rage. I'd swap those two as well as the Signet Recharge trait depending on whether you're in a dungeon or elsewhere (WvW in particular, the stability and rage signet are much more valuable). Other than that it looks tasty to me, way more appealing than more typical GS builds.

I just noticed Restorative Health in the Strength line too, sheesh Warriors have a ton of trait options.
Well in Khalid's case and likely others he wasn't even doing it straight-marathon, just logging into (hehe, logging) a parked alt every hour. (At least that's how I read it)
i endorse this pun
dry top expansion next patch
mbisonyesyesyes.gif

Man the hammer and bow skills do look fun.

This is a not-even-close-to-warrior-expert's attempt to advise, but I think that this build focuses too much on Ferocity to thrive with such low base Crit-chance? I think you're compensating for that with Sigil of Intelligence a bit, but if you want to have a go with that sort of setup maybe throw one on each weapon instead of the Leeching one, and weapon swap every possible chance you get. You could also replace a few pieces with Zerk. 26k health is an awful lot!

I just noticed Restorative Health in the Strength line too, sheesh Warriors have a ton of trait options.

Hambow is a PvP build, not a WvW build. :p

I have no idea what numbers are considered "good" or "high" when it comes to Power, Toughness, Vitality, etc. The game gives you zero indication. :/

Swapped Leeching on Bow for Intelligence, swapped the runes out for Of The Eagle to try and boost crit chance a bit, along with changing all rings and trinkets to Zerk. Didn't do all that much though...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...GlBA-TBiFABAoEkGlfGcJAY4BAQo6Pis/QCHBA00FAA-e

I wish the game had a clearler indication of what's considered 'medium, poor, or high' in terms of averages, with regards to the values shown on the Hero panel.

1685 Toughness? That's amazing! What does it mean. :p

EDIT: Regardin banners and such - I'm aiming to avoid having to require swapping of any kind, ideally. I know that's not the best way to go about things, but the less burden I place on the person to remember things like "oh, I'm in a dungeon now, gotta swap out all this crap again", the better. I know, I know. But work with me here. I'd rather get an utterly average, but fun, than an optimal, but demanding.

I wonder if Signit of Stamina might not be overkill, considering Cleansing Ire?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oooh I totally know what you mean about the stat numbers, but actually I feel you don't have to worry about it that much. Since there's zero stat variance, when it comes to the numbers for the primary stats (Toughness, Ferocity, Vitality), don't worry about the actual numbers- focus on how they compare to one another, to ensure your build is focused on what you want it to. What you want to be best at should be the biggest, what you care least about should be the smallest- don't need to care any more about it than that!

On the other hand the derived stats are really important and easy to understand. Look at:
  • Critical Chance
  • Critical Damage
  • HP
It's really easy to get what these mean at face value. Your original build has huge crit damage, but under 20% crit-chance! Meaning less than 1 in 5 (unfuryed) hits would be a crit. The sigil of intelligence compensates somewhat, but you'd have to totally theme the build around that sigil to get the most out of it.

How about this (hope this link works): http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fJA...GlBA-TBiFABAoEkGlfGcJAY4BAQo6Pis/QCHBA00FAA-e

Modifying your second build- got rid of the intelligence and leeching sigils for Sigil of Accuracy on each weapon, and moved the weps from Soldier to Assassin. Now you have a whopping 40% crit chance, still over 200% crit damage, and still over 22k health (I can't help but roll my eyes at this point, the equivalent build on thief would have like 14k hp ;_;).

What do you think?
Hambow is a PvP build, not a WvW build. :p
So far as I know it's pretty well-suited to WvW roaming! The one you started out with in particular, would work quite well for that.
EDIT: Regardin banners and such - I'm aiming to avoid having to require swapping of any kind, ideally. I know that's not the best way to go about things, but the less burden I place on the person to remember things like "oh, I'm in a dungeon now, gotta swap out all this crap again", the better. I know, I know. But work with me here. I'd rather get an utterly average, but fun, than an optimal, but demanding.

I wonder if Signit of Stamina might not be overkill, considering Cleansing Ire?
Ahhh yeah, I get you. Actually, swapping the Signet for Banner of Discipline alone would help with the crit thing.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJASTjMdUFahHmhwJagfgC9t3C7gpAQda8GlBA-TRhFwAAUCST5H89HuoLAl6PAA-e

Switched all armour to Valkyrie, fixed it all to be exotics instead of Ascended (derp).

Weapons now Berzerk. Crit chance still at 24% though. Swapped runes to Traveler, because I think it's an amazing runeset. So pricy though.
That's really interesting too, way more complimentary. You left sigils out of that I think, but accuracy would pump the chance up to over 30 alone. Traveler runes being so silly expensive, if you go back to any precision rune you're back up to almost 40 again with 217% crit-damage, then 46% and 229% with banner of discipline down, all still with 22k hp I think that sounds rather good...

I should stop this though, I don't know warriors >_< I know what they can do from having played against them lots but plenty of nuances are lost on me. Literally the only time I have played one was logging into Mornkor's account for 10 minutes to sell stuff for him XD

I used your template and made things Exotic again, put in the Travellers, and ended up with this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...A-TRCBABGp8rGdBCu/gEKBB4JA4xFAIBzf6o+zGHCAA-e

pXKsqBm.png

Throw in some Toxic Oils and some food and the crit chance goes up to 46%. I think that's pretty comfortable.

I'm trying to make this build "on the cheap" too - since I'll be crafting everything that can be crafted, so present it to them as a "package" (might even get fancy and make the armour set a Satchel, lol).

Conditions are annoying, but don't get carried away worrying about cleansing everything that comes at you in PvE. Cleansing Ire alone should cover most of your needs, so consider Signet of Fury or Banner of Discipline in place of Signet of Stamina for another boost to your crit rate. I don't know that I'd use Berserker Stance a lot in PvE either.

Warriors have a lot of HP and are blessed with heavy armor, so finding the right balance between doing damage and taking damage is the goal. Don't be afraid to live life in the low percentages of HP from time to time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I used your template and made things Exotic again, put in the Travellers, and ended up with this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...A-TRCBABGp8rGdBCu/gEKBB4JA4xFAIBzf6o+zGHCAA-e

pXKsqBm.png

Throw in some Toxic Oils and some food and the crit chance goes up to 46%. I think that's pretty comfortable.

I'm trying to make this build "on the cheap" too - since I'll be crafting everything that can be crafted, so present it to them as a "package" (might even get fancy and make the armour set a Satchel, lol).
Oh nice. Everything except the traveler runes there is pretty cheap indeed too.

I'm thinking it could be made a bit more effective PvE-wise by taking 2 out of the Defense line (that hammer grandmaster can't reliably work on bosses or champs), but I don't know where to put them. Cleansing Ire definitely seems too good to pass up.
Conditions are annoying, but don't get carried away worrying about cleansing everything that comes at you in PvE. Cleansing Ire alone should cover most of your needs, so consider Signet of Fury or Banner of Discipline in place of Signet of Stamina for another boost to your crit rate. I don't know that I'd use Berserker Stance a lot in PvE either.

Warriors have a lot of HP and are blessed with heavy armor, so finding the right balance between doing damage and taking damage is the goal. Don't be afraid to live life in the low percentages of HP from time to time.
Just in playing around up there I can't believe how much wiggle room you have while staying above 20k HP ;_;

Good point. I was worried Signit of Stamina was a bit overkill, so I've swapped it to Fury. That puts crit at 55%, when using the oils and food. Swapping out Berzerker Stance for Banner of Discipline, because it gives the warrior another blast finisher (a whole three!).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fJAQJA...p8rGdBCu/ghaYkQJIAPpAPugAJY+TH1f24QIQKAR1VB-e

Looks almost ready to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom