• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moondrop

Banned
I, um, hope I didn't make too much of a fool of myself in your absence, I realized about halfway through how unqualified I really was to be giving advice ha
Well you earn high marks for stepping up in an area outside your comfort zone, but the Russian judge is deducting points because you allowed Miktar to purchase Divinity runes. ;P

Actually looking back on your posts you nailed it with the Hoelbrak rune suggestion; people are switching to those now even in PvP.

Looks like Pack or Privateer are what I want on my mesmer. Leaning toward Pack primarily cause the wolf effect is classier than being a pirate.
I'm loving Privateer on my beastmaster ranger right now; the parrot gives no fucks. I could see some interesting synergy with the might procs and phantasms, but how can you give up movement speed? Part of me wants to appreciate Pack runes, the other can't help but notice it's just the ranger warhorn #5 effect on a rune set.

Well you earn high marks for stepping up in an area outside your comfort zone, but the Russian judge is deducting points because you allowed Miktar to purchase Divinity runes. ;P

Actually looking back on your posts you nailed it with the Hoelbrak rune suggestion; people are switching to those now even in PvP.

I hadn't slotted the Divinity runes in yet, so I banked them and got Privateer. I didn't equip the Valkyrie armour set yet either, so I put the Privateer in the Zerk set I had on the Warrior already, to test how things go with the new build and hammer, but still in Zerk. So far, so good actually.

Thorgal

Moved from last page .

take a screenshot of her in a darker place; i want so see all the light effects.

gw22014-07-3123-29-204kuha.jpg

gw22014-07-3123-32-584tu67.jpg

gw22014-07-3123-34-25duu5z.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I didn't really suggest it though! I had no idea how much it was neutered in the patch :'(

Hoelbrak would be the "dreamium" rune for that build, cheapo tier would be Privateer, Air, or Vampirism (I'm really quite partial to the latter), reasonable-priced tier would be Ogre, Wyrm (which he originally had used and had kind of a nice synergy), or hell, Rune of the Warrior, though I don't really know all the cooldown numbers/sigil synergy stuff for the class offhand.
I'm loving Privateer on my beastmaster ranger right now; the parrot gives no fucks. I could see some interesting synergy with the might procs and phantasms, but how can you give up movement speed? Part of me wants to appreciate Pack runes, the other can't help but notice it's just the ranger warhorn #5 effect on a rune set.
You gotta love that parrot haha. But yeah, for what I'm going for and lacking much movementthe swiftness bits are pretty appealing and I cain't equip no ranger warhorn on my Mesmer (or on my ranger for that matter until months off, that's three whole character-cycles away for me), so Pack it is.
I hadn't slotted the Divinity runes in yet, so I banked them and got Privateer. I didn't equip the Valkyrie armour set yet either, so I put the Privateer in the Zerk set I had on the Warrior already, to test how things go with the new build and hammer, but still in Zerk. So far, so good actually.
Nice. Be sure to name your parrot friend. You could always use the Valk set to make a gimmicky intelligence sigil/ferocity rune burst build later too if you feel like it!

edit: How much HP you got with that setup, BTW? Maybe I don't even wanna know XD

Moondrop

Banned
Lol at "dreamium;" I might start using that.

I kind of loathe Vampirism runes because the #6 proc is essentially an involuntary Mist Form, so it will cancel whatever skill you're currently activating (i.e. healing) and prevent you from using any other skills for the duration (i.e. healing). That's on top of the inherent mechanical problem that you must be struck while your health is below 20% for it to proc.

I actually have a set of valkyrie weapons and armor for my warrior sitting in my bank. I just haven't felt misanthropic enough lately to bring out a Killshot build. Can't wait to apply that Hunter skin.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Melisande got a makeover.

melisandedhitr.jpg

Sorry to bring back the pretty dress-up talk, but I rather like it!
now THAT's classy.
Lol at "dreamium;" I might start using that.

I kind of loathe Vampirism runes because the #6 proc is essentially an involuntary Mist Form, so it will cancel whatever skill you're currently activating (i.e. healing) and prevent you from using any other skills for the duration (i.e. healing). That's on top of the inherent mechanical problem that you must be struck while your health is below 20% for it to proc.
lol! You caught me, nooooot looking at this from a warrior's perspective. At 20% you can probably get your heal off, shout something motivating, and resurrect an ally while eating a cheeseburger. On my ele that proc has saved my life countless times and I'm not thinking about whatever skill got interrupted, I'm using the mist to get the hell out of dodge before I am squashed. :)

I actually have a set of valkyrie weapons and armor for my warrior sitting in my bank. I just haven't felt misanthropic enough lately to bring out a Killshot build. Can't wait to apply that Hunter skin.
Based on our whole session today I'm reconsidering Wurm over Air for my own "mo precision mo problems" build. But the 6 effect on air is so much less boooooooring. I don't think I can bring myself to go for effective over cool (in PvE, mind you).

Minamu

Has anyone tried gw1 lately? What do you even do in that game these days? XD I had 7th year birthday presents waiting lol.

Katoki

Laurels. Buy the T6 mat bags every day with your Laurel, sell the ones you don't need to buy the ones you do. I did that for several months (the Monthlies give a lot of Laurels), and it *really* adds up.

Oh that's what I'm supposed to be doing with my laurels? I knew I was forcing myself to do the dailies for a reason.

Retro

Hmm, nobody posted the latest patch notes?
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed various issues in Frostgorge Sound events.
  • Adjusted the difficulty of champion tendrils in Mordrem events in the Iron Marches.
  • Fixed an issue in which the “Coat yourself in Mordrem spores to baffle Mordrem defenses and gather samples from the vine chambers” event in the Iron Marches was stalling.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Mordrem wolves would incorrectly spawn at the start location of the “Stop Mordrem from spreading corrupted tendrils in the Iron Marches” event.
  • Increased the time between enemy waves in the “Help Arcanist Xanf set up his spectral disruptor” event in Cursed Shore.

Oh that's what I'm supposed to be doing with my laurels? I knew I was forcing myself to do the dailies for a reason.

There's a lot you can do with Laurels. They're one of the more valuable resources.

If you're forcing yourself to do dailies, then consider taking a break. If the game isn't fun, why are you playing it?

XoVdivq.jpg

sbVUCOr.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There's a lot you can do with Laurels. They're one of the more valuable resources.

If you're forcing yourself to do dailies, then consider taking a break. If the game isn't fun, why are you playing it?

XoVdivq.jpg

sbVUCOr.jpg
still in our run btw :) i hope we get molten duo as well.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wonder if iron marches will revert back to its desert self after season 2

also still no word on Kalky getting frustrated that Mordy is invading his territory

Moondrop

Banned
On my ele that proc has saved my life countless times and I'm not thinking about whatever skill got interrupted, I'm using the mist to get the hell out of dodge before I am squashed. :)
I hear you; it has its place. The deeper problem is actually that conditions still tick in mist form, and this locks you out of cleansing them.

Shadow Refuge is apparently tuned to heal you when you're downed. This explains so much.

Levyne

Banned
Random, and not a pretty girl / cute asura / hot norn / sylvari beauty / furry charr so sorry but I had some transmute charges to waste so I was messing with my look

So many crappy medium coats.

guild_wars_2_2014_08_01_01_09_57_80s_by_zeolevyne-d7t6ac5.png

Not official names but

Human T3
Outlaw
Duelist
Vigil
Outlaw
T3

Midnight Purple, Wine, Ivory, Oxblood on the boots.

Random, and not a pretty girl / cute asura / hot norn / sylvari beauty / furry charr so sorry but I had some transmute charges to waste so I was messing with my look

Not official names but

Human T3
Outlaw
Duelist
Vigil
Outlaw
T3

I like it a lot.

BraXzy

Tonights Fractal run sure was long and gruelling, but also fun and satisfying. I'm glad we all stuck with it and pulled through in the end!

Miktar's Engineer had to accompany four Warriors on a level 49 fractal tonight after spending the entire day talking about them. Poor guy can't get away even for a moment.

Trey

guild_wars_2_2014_08_01_01_09_57_80s_by_zeolevyne-d7t6ac5.png

Not official names but

Human T3
Outlaw
Duelist
Vigil
Outlaw
T3

Not bad. But I think being a pretty girl, cute asura, hot norn, sylvari beauty or furry charr would really pull the look together.

Katoki

Not official names but

Human T3
Outlaw
Duelist
Vigil
Outlaw
T3

If you wanted to be a girl.. and because it's called the sneakthief coat and very few outfits work with that top, I took the liberty of messing around with the preview because future engineer.

Levyne

Banned
If you wanted to be a girl..

I was actually wondering if you'd chime in with this, lol

And yeah, I knew the coat had another name but was going by memory and that's the name I associate with that skin.

Edit: To comment on your image, so much looks so different on females, the boots especially and even the mask. I also feel like the shoulders don't look great on any of them. I think I like bottom right one best out of those. Upper left too. I still like T2.

Katoki

202 Laurels and nothing to do with them, I would love to get another Pre-cursor so i could burn them out on t6 mats..

In the same boat. I'm above 200 and waiting on a pre-cursor to either sell for one I want or to determine what legendary I make next if it's one of the ones I wanted to begin with.

Miktar's Engineer had to accompany four Warriors on a level 49 fractal tonight after spending the entire day talking about them. Poor guy can't get away even for a moment.

pP8rjdN.jpg

I'm gonna log in to poke around regardless of the daily so I might as well do the daily right?

Sure... but if you're *forcing* yourself to do them, instead of letting them happen during a natural play session... you're not having fun. And if you're not having fun, why play?

Lunar15

Now that the living story is focusing solely on level 80 content, I wonder if we'll ever return to Orr? I don't see that happening this season, since the focus is purely on Mordremoth, but one day I'd like to see us return to Orr as it's one of my favorite locations in the game. We could be purifying it or something, I dunno. It just seems like such an interesting area to just leave in the past.

Also, tying in world events to the living story gives me a good feeling about the nature of the maps once we get closer to Mordremoth's lair. The stuff in Iron Marches felt like a real conflict, and I think we could really have a "war" going on once we get closer to Mordremoth. It would mirror what they *wanted* to achieve with Orr, but since it's seasonal content you'd have everyone really focusing on it. It could be cool. I'm excited.

leng jai

Now that the living story is focusing solely on level 80 content, I wonder if we'll ever return to Orr? I don't see that happening this season, since the focus is purely on Mordremoth, but one day I'd like to see us return to Orr as it's one of my favorite locations in the game. We could be purifying it or something, I dunno. It just seems like such an interesting area to just leave in the past.

Also, tying in world events to the living story gives me a good feeling about the nature of the maps once we get closer to Mordremoth's lair. The stuff in Iron Marches felt like a real conflict, and I think we could really have a "war" going on once we get closer to Mordremoth. It would mirror what they *wanted* to achieve with Orr, but since it's seasonal content you'd have everyone really focusing on it. It could be cool. I'm excited.

Why would you want it to go back to Orr? There's already plenty of reasons to go there (T6 nodes, temples) whereas there's basically zero reason to go to the other lower areas of the game.

Lunar15

Why would you want it to go back to Orr? There's already plenty of reasons to go there (T6 nodes, temples) whereas there's basically zero reason to go to the other lower areas of the game.

I guess I meant go back to Orr with new reasons. Like, have considerable story content surrounding Orr. But, as it is a pretty solid area with the temples, it may not need it.

Thorgal

I am a bit confused on precursors .

The general opinion is that you should buy one because hoping for the Toilet to play nice might take a while , right ?

But when i search for it on the TP i get squat .

Am i missing something ?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I am a bit confused on precursors .

The general opinion is that you should buy one because hoping for the Toilet to play nice might take a while , right ?

But when i search for it on the TP i get squat .

Am i missing something ?

They're pretty common in TP

Thorgal

Ok turns out i am a noob .

I totally forgot that each precursor has a name so of course nothing would show up if i typed " precursor " in the search bar . :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom