• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

An 8 and 16-bit-inspired game within a game. Here's some footage.

tumblr_m5wku4jXpt1qjwp1yo1_400.gif

That is amazing. Anet please bring it back and leave it there forever ty.

Had a blast running a couple dungeons with GAF today! Lot of fun. Plus, got my first win against Tequatl!

So.. what is everyone hoping for the next Living World episode before the break that we are having?

I personally hope we get an awesome story episode with a cliffhanger good enough to leave us wanting more all the way through the break. And I also want a standalone event on par with the Crown Pavilion from the Bazaar to tide us over till the LW returns. Maybe tie it in with the continuation of the back piece too.

Spoilering my speculation here:

I think the summit's gonna get attacked and at least one person, maybe even Trahearne, is gonna bite it. I still don't trust the Pale Tree as far as I can throw her.

SAB is dead. No one wants it. It has nothing to do with growing the world. It would be waste of time, money and resources to do another SAB update.

Josh Foreman is busy making new zones, he doesn't have time to do SAB and I for one am glad.

Callunah

Neo Member
Thank you to Bumble, Kos, Aidan, and Moddy for running Arah Path 4 with me today!! It went smoothly except for one damned boss that took a while to figure out the glitch, but we got thru it! Dungeon Master title intact finally!! Thanks so much guys and gals!

Retro

leng jai

There's already a ridiculous amount of platforming in GW2 as it is for an MMO so SAB doesn't add a whole lot besides the novelty factor (for 5 minutes). Platforming on a keyboard isn't what I call fun.

Lunar15

I wasn't a fan of either SAB world 1 or 2. But hey, who am I to want to deny other people of content they enjoyed? No reason they shouldn't bring it back somewhere down the road.

BraXzy

Thank you to Bumble, Kos, Aidan, and Moddy for running Arah Path 4 with me today!! It went smoothly except for one damned boss that took a while to figure out the glitch, but we got thru it! Dungeon Master title intact finally!! Thanks so much guys and gals!

Congrats on the title! I think it'll be awhile before I get close to that, I still haven't touched Arah hehe :3

xeris

SAB1 was fun. Enjoyed doing it on speed runs. Especially before they only let you get the rewards once a day per account. Back then I only had 8 or 9 characters so didn't take long. SAB2 was overtuned and underfun. Only finished it on easy just for the unlock.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SAB1 was fun. Enjoyed doing it on speed runs. Especially before they only let you get the rewards once a day per account. Back then I only had 8 or 9 characters so didn't take long. SAB2 was overtuned and underfun. Only finished it on easy just for the unlock.

Have to agree; SAB in concept is great (may it forever puncture MMO serious business attitudes) and when I was playing GW2 every day, it presented a great break from the usual activities.

Part 2 failed to Keep It Simple Stupid.

But when SAB makes its destined return someday I reserve the right to edit the famous coffin gif to show SAB rising from the dead to the horrified face of the GW2 official forum front page.

Moondrop

Banned
I am now using Weltall and Hawkian's camera script for my controller. It's a great piece of code and should prevent future camera/mouse fuck-ups on my part in PvP matches, once I get used to it. I've bound F8 to Select and F7 to Start, removing my map and menu buttons for now. Maybe I'll bind map to my mouse, hmm.

BraXzy

I just realised, I haven't watched the Part 2 teaser trailer since I hadn't managed to finish this episode. I just caught up on it, hyped for tuesday now!

Spoilered speculation:
The Pale Tree is under Mordremoth's spell. I figured I'd call something out so why not that :p

Completely off-topic, but if you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, look at this comic strip lmao! http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/808/987/2d6.jpg

Levyne

Banned
I got caught up with some old friends today. We dungeon trained yesterday and they asked me to come along a Fractal 50 today too. It actually went really well, despite getting some longer fractals (cliff, dredge, maw). So I guess I can cross that off again.

I might be interested in TA Aetherpath...maybe. It would only be for achievements since I've finished it before but I don't want to chase carrots too much.

Trey

Clearing zones is so much quicker this time around - and thus more fun. Having a level 80 warrior go through it rather than my main (ele) as I leveled up is a stark difference.

Icomp

Managed to kill Tequatl last night. Damn, what an intense fight. Every other encounter is like a breeze now. :|

Any zone that I should be focusing on completing, finished Straits yesterday, was a pain in the ass.

Thorgal

Managed to kill Tequatl last night. Damn, what an intense fight. Every other encounter is like a breeze now. :|

Any zone that I should be focusing on completing, finished Straits yesterday, was a pain in the ass.

Wait till you do triple wurm.

After that you will consider TEQ "a breeze" :p

spiritfox

You might be right. Havn't completed that one. There's almost never enough people. Is it more to it than people having to split into 3 groups?

Each of the heads has their own gimmicks, and all must be killed within the same time frame for the event to succeed. Also, there are mobs that are only susceptible to condi damage, which most players are not equipped to deal with.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Today's 10 key haul.

untitled-174f53.png

I miss getting whole tickets :(

Also the "get higher chances of scraps/tickets" is only up to the 12th right, so roughly around before the living story update?

ys45

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the game got harder since last time I played (2 years ago)
Or maybe it's because I had a Guardian, but I have been playing a Rogue and Hunter and they are very squishy I died like 4 times with ranger on the story quest.

I'm not getting a lot of equipment drop either so maybe my gears is just bad ?

Any advices ?

Levyne

Banned
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or the game got harder since last time I played (2 years ago)
Or maybe it's because I had a Guardian, but I have been playing a Rogue and Hunter and they are very squishy I died like 4 times with ranger on the story quest.

Any advices ?

The Thief and Ranger have to be played more carefully. I can't talk much on the first, but which weapon set are you using on the Ranger?

Edit: Nixed, old article

Moondrop

Banned

Any advices ?
It's possible the level of the Story missions are advancing faster than you are. Which happens if you keep doing them in succession. If those missions are 5+ levels above you (and your gear is outdated), it will be painful.

For both thief and ranger I would make sure to bring a bow on one set so you can kite to keep yourself alive.

Gothos

Are there any easly obtainable potions that increase magic find? Or are there any cheap potions that one should run dungeons with?

BraXzy

Orr is faster since you don't have to do hearts, though the mobs are tougher there.

Straits is the worst because 90% of the waypoints are contested 24/7.

Funnily enough, I completed all three Orr zones pretty quick. I got super lucky with most of the possibly contested areas.

Wait till you do triple wurm.

After that you will consider TEQ "a breeze" :p

This is what I thought after doing Wurm too hehe. Teq is still a challenging fight, which requores much more coordination and numbers than your typical world boss. Thankfully, there are groups of people who sort out the things like turrets and such each day so you don't have to worry so much.

Still, it doesn't quite compare to the current hour or so prep time and coordination currently required for the Trip Wurm. I am so glad I managed to beat that sucker on my second try.

Are there any easly obtainable potions that increase magic find? Or are there any cheap potions that one should run dungeons with?

No potions that I know of, but I don't use many. They typically boost damage to a certain faction to help in dungeons and such. Someone can correct me though.

Food however often give Magic Find boosts. I think the highest you can get is 30%. I personally use Dragonfly Cupcakes but Omnomberry Bar's also do. This link is pretty useful for all things Magic Find: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find#Food

Next time you see me online in-game gimme a shout and I'll send a few your way :)

So, have people told Logan what happened to his B̶F̶F̶ Star-Crossed Lover Rytlock?

I don't know if we'll ever actually see Logan again. Or Zojja. Considering how busy their voice actors are.

I hope they find a way to follow up on it though. We have this whole arc about Rytlock and Logan repairing their friendship and then this happens. Would be a shame to just not bring it up.

ys45

The Thief and Ranger have to be played more carefully. I can't talk much on the first, but which weapon set are you using on the Ranger?

Using Short bow and Long Bow (switching between the 2 depending on situation and how pet is holding aggro)

Lunar15

We heard Logan as recently as the Marionette event. I don't think we've seen the last of him.

Zojja is the one that's going to be tough.

Any advices ?

Make sure you're in a zone appropriate for your level.

When you complete Hearts, the NPC the Heart is over on the map becomes a Karma vendor, that sells level appropriate gear. You shouldn't be relying on drops to replace your gear, but the Karma vendors.

spiritfox

Using Short bow and Long Bow (switching between the 2 depending on situation and how pet is holding aggro)

You should try sword. Good DPS and evasion allows you to kill stuff faster and dodge big hits. It take a while to get used to it though.

Levyne

Banned

Spiritfox mentions sword, which is great for Dungeons/fractals but I really prefer GS in the open world pve. Free evasion on the auto allows you to be lazy and also not snapping to targets which isn't as helpful out and about since enemies are less likely to be blobbed up, and Swoop is great for moving long distances. The block and stun are nice too. I'd pair that with shortbow, which gives you a free evade on 3 and doesn't punish you for fighting close. Of course, sword is also good, matter of preference at that point. In any case, I'd experiment with dropping the longbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom