• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ranger will be the toughest class to play with a controller because of pet management, but it is designed to work pretty well with any class. Some people also customize their layout further per class, but I haven't felt the need to do so.

What do you mean by unplayable? If it's working correctly it should be relatively natural (obviously takes some getting used to, but the basics should make it playable right away).

Thorgal

Seeing as i come from a console back ground I am simply incapable of playing on KB/M or to be more accurate , i totally suck with it .
All my PC are played with a controller save for point an click adventures , or games that don't require fast reflexes .

This is why i consider The controller setup that Hawk and that other guy ( whose name currently escapes me :p ) created a true godsend for me .

Without it i might have played the game for a while , totally suck at it and given up on it .

So thanks , hawk ( and guy who's name escapes me :p) !

Tendo

I haven't played in like a year. Thinking about coming back. Glad to see it seems to have a continued fan base playing it.

I don't believe I joined before. Can I join from another server?
You can. If you're in Europe though, you won't be able to join missions and stuff. You can still join the guild and chat. If you're in the US, you're perfectly fine and can join for missions :D

Zeroth

I don't believe I joined before. Can I join from another server?

You can join in any server and chat with us, but to play with the guild (which is on SBI, NA) you need to be in a NA server and to access the guild bank you would need to transfer.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
gw05064u1v.jpg

what will I get?

gw0514nuio.jpg

a resounding eh?

but I plan on doing 10 keys a day until 12th.

Not even FPS? Heretic

I remember when playing an FPS with a mouse was considered heretical, and "true players used keyboard only". Oh, how Quake changed things...

Anyone know if there have been any optimizations made in the latest patches?

I'd like to jump in again but my PC is going to need all the help it can get.

Depends on how long ago you last played. There have been optimizations, and new options added to improve framerate on lower-end computers, like Effects Level of Detail, and being able to set your Model Limit and Model Quality to very, very low.

I remember when playing an FPS with a mouse was considered heretical, and "true players used keyboard only". Oh, how Quake changed things...

Depends on how long ago you last played. There have been optimizations, and new options added to improve framerate on lower-end computers, like Effects Level of Detail, and being able to set your Model Limit and Model Quality to very, very low.

Alright then.

I'll see how it goes.

BraXzy

Another thing you should do is whisper yourself a link to the Fields Waypoint, Shaemoor Waypoint, and Salma Waypoint. That way you don't have to open your map and scroll to them at all. Saves tons of time.

I assume you copy and paste the links to save time that way? Once I hit rock bottom the day I buy Dusk I might gove it a quick go to make a few pennies back haha.

Seeing as i come from a console back ground I am simply incapable of playing on KB/M or to be more accurate , i totally suck with it .
All my PC are played with a controller save for point an click adventures , or games that don't require fast reflexes .

This is why i consider The controller setup that Hawk and that other guy ( whose name currently escapes me :p ) created a true godsend for me .

Without it i might have played the game for a while , totally suck at it and given up on it .

So thanks , hawk ( and guy who's name escapes me :p) !

It's funny because I'm the complete opposite. After using my PC for a while, using a controller for it just feels restrictive, I sometimes use it for casual FPS stuff like Borderlands but otherwise I stick to KB+M. Then again, I still haven't given a controller a fair chance with GW2.

Moondrop

Banned
how does this not mean you won't be able to open fights with earthquakes leaps anymore? I've only ever been on the receiving end so I'm legitimately asking.

oh I see you get thirty seconds
Technically no warrior can truly open a fight with earthshaker unless they use some ability that generates adrenaline (which wouldn't be my strategy). In a WvW scenario, the opening of the zerg clash is not truly the beginning of combat- before that moment, I've already been in combat due to busting open a gate or killing a lord or supervisor. And if I haven't been in combat, if two zergs have just been staring at each other, then these changes won't affect that scenario anyway.

Sure I can construct scenarios where you wouldn't have an earthshaker to open, e.g. you've killed all the NPCs, you're capping ring and combat ends, and then the enemy zerg streams in at the last minute and steam rolls you. But nevertheless I see this as a PvP-centric change until we see the actual results.

Ranger will be the toughest class to play with a controller because of pet management
Ranger is pretty simple with my scheme. I have a harder time with classes that use lots of ground targeting, particularly when those targets vary rapidly between near and far.

Trey

How long did that take you to get roughly?

The most optimized key farming run is roughly 20 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

Assuming that, 10 keys would take 200 minutes, or three hours and twenty minutes to complete.

I'd just buy ten, myself.

Gothos

The most optimized key farming run is roughly 20 minutes, give or take a few minutes.

Assuming that, 10 keys would take 200 minutes, or three hours and twenty minutes to complete.

I'd just buy ten, myself.

How can one farm the key?

Icomp

Hmm. I'm GMT, or maybe it's currently classed as GMT+1 with daylight savings. During the daytime the guild is quite quiet obviously due to time difference but the later it gets the more active. You're something like 6 hours ahead of a typical GAF member so you'd be catching folks coming on mid afternoon to early evening, of which there are a fair few. Main guild missions take place on Saturdays at 2am my time which I'm guessing is 3/4am your time which wouldn't be practical, however make up missions are 6 hours earlier on Sundays which I think you could catch, would be 9/10pm. But I'm just guestimating time zone stuff here.

The guild will always have people online at pretty much any hour of the day, it's just weighing up whether it's worth the transfer for you personally.

Sorry for the late reply!

That's not too bad. I reckon there's quite a few from EU playing on US anyway?

I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to see if my friends interest in the game dies down, cause then I'm definitely migrating.

Ranger is pretty simple with my scheme. I have a harder time with classes that use lots of ground targeting, particularly when those targets vary rapidly between near and far.
Well, if you're a ranger trapper, like my character, you'll use groundtargeting a lot even with a ranger.

Cromat

Just bought the game. My internet is slow so I'm currently downloading at 900-1000KB.
Any idea how long the download is going to take? What's the bare minimum hard disk size you need in order to start playing?

Moondrop

Banned
Well, if you're a ranger trapper, like my character, you'll use groundtargeting a lot even with a ranger.
Good point, that build has much potential in WvW. However in my silly beastmaster builds I actually run the GM trait without the master (groundtargeting) trait for super frost traps.

nataku

I assume you copy and paste the links to save time that way? Once I hit rock bottom the day I buy Dusk I might gove it a quick go to make a few pennies back haha.

I use the same character name for my key farming. Every time I deleted and restarted the links were still there in my chat. I'm not sure if they would be with different character names, or if it's just an account feature.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Moondrop do you use our solution for ground targeting at all? It feels very natural and convenient to me. even my heaviest ground target builds like ele or necro staff feel very straightforward.

Guard and Stow on the other hand are not bound nor to my knowledge even bindable, so they must be "clicked" which is rather a pain.
I played Guild Wars 2 today. Outside of guild missions. O_O

TA story tomorrow? maybe?
I'd be happy too if you wanna

BraXzy

Sorry for the late reply!

That's not too bad. I reckon there's quite a few from EU playing on US anyway?

I'm gonna have to wait a couple of weeks to see if my friends interest in the game dies down, cause then I'm definitely migrating.

There are a number of EU players indeed, and I've noticed a few new folks from the EU recently so I doubt there would ever be a time that no one would be knocking around. We will welcome you with open arms if and when you come over :)

I use the same character name for my key farming. Every time I deleted and restarted the links were still there in my chat. I'm not sure if they would be with different character names, or if it's just an account feature.

Ahh, that's quite clever! I don't know if I'll ever try it though, I wouldn't want to put that much time in farming for something unreliable.

I won't be at the guild missions tonight because I will (hopefully) be finally seeing Guardians of the Galaxy. :-D

It is so so good! Have fun ^^

Moondrop

Banned
Moondrop do you use our solution for ground targeting at all? It feels very natural and convenient to me. even my heaviest ground target builds like ele or necro staff feel very straightforward.
No. I need to see if I can incorporate it. My setup is pretty crude; binary action on the right mouse toggle ahk script and sometimes a second script for a button to center the mouse. I generally try and keep the mouse fixed in a certain spot on the screen. The more I type the more I realize how bad my solution is.

There are a number of EU players indeed, and I've noticed a few new folks from the EU recently so I doubt there would ever be a time that no one would be knocking around. We will welcome you with open arms if and when you come over :)
We could always try a GAF EU guild :p
But I guess there aren't that many EU players.

Retro

Ugh. Games "Journalism":

"What Happened to the Features?"

We need new, real content in the game that will give us something to chew over for some time. It doesn’t even have to be all new maps, dungeons or Fractals either. Would it be hard to give us Hard Mode and upscale any dungeon to have level 80 or 90 enemies? Could we get more Guild Missions? It would be really great just to have a team death match mode in PvP too.

. . .

The point of the matter is that it has been a long time since we have seen any new, deep features. All we have are words that new things are in the pipes.

. . .

We need to see a fully fleshed out addition to keep players actively invested in the game again. Not just endless promises that something is coming.

Maybe this is the time to bring out that rumored expansion.

It's a GW2 Hub article, not linking because they don't deserve the clicks, you can go hunt it down if you want but that's about the gist of it. So, anyone want to take odds on how many more interviews / blog posts / forum posts they need to say "Features were distracting from LS updates, we do feature packs between now" before this kind of trash stops?

For a news site, TenTonHammer does a terrible fuckin' job staying up to date on news. Love the usual "WUR IS TEH EXPANSHIN!" drop at the end too.

Retro

Great job on Missions tonight. Despite an accidental early start on the Crystals challenge, we managed to get everyone there, ferried and get it done without breaking a sweat. Nice job on bounties as well (both Trillia and Teesa), and Puzzle (Proxemics) and Rush (Baby Bears!) went off without a hitch.

Makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern.

Tuesday is update day!

Finally, two bits of guild business;
  • Levyne has been reinstated as an Officer after taking a break from the game.
  • Congratulations to Braxzy, our newest officer! Despite having just started playing a few months ago, he's displayed a great attitude and willingness to help, and since he never sleeps is always available.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Great job on Missions tonight. Despite an accidental early start on the Crystals challenge, we managed to get everyone there, ferried and get it done without breaking a sweat. Nice job on bounties as well (both Trillia and Teesa), and Puzzle (Proxemics) and Rush (Baby Bears!) went off without a hitch.

Makeups are tomorrow at 3pm Eastern.

Tuesday is update day!

Finally, two bits of guild business;
  • Levyne has been reinstated as an Officer after taking a break from the game.
  • Congratulations to Braxzy, our newest officer! Despite having just started playing a few months ago, he's displayed a great attitude and willingness to help, and since he never sleeps is always available.

CONGRATS BRAXZY!!!

a9TX8.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom