• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katoki

Doing work.

z0ss9vL.jpg

I will surely get suppressed if I tried to type the lyrics of the song on map or say chat. As far as actually singing, I would only do it if all that gold was going to me and not GAFGuild because GAFGuild is dead just like the game without Living Story Season 2.

Moondrop

Banned
We just farmed TC in a 10 vs 30 that was straight Monster Hunter. Dodge the head, strike the soft fleshy belly. And the Desire Sensor was thwarted, because we were there for the stomp points.

Also I hid on top of NW tower and dropped down to ninja warbanner the lord right at the tick. Too close to call though.

I just got the "High Stakes Gambler" achievement for using five gambits on a tier three Gauntlet fight, thanks to this video. It only took me two tries to get it right!

Poor Subject 7 is my punching bag. I even finished the "Ooze Slayer" achievement yesterday while farming Gauntlet Chances.

BraXzy

Vyrance

GM replied that I was reset to how I was on Friday, so hopefully it looks ok when I get home lol.

And damn nice work in wvw last night/this morning. Damn nice work

Thorgal

GM replied that I was reset to how I was on Friday, so hopefully it looks ok when I get home lol.

And damn nice work in wvw last night/this morning. Damn nice work

If i might give a tip ,use this for your passwords

Keepass

Use it to generate custom passwords that are much harder to crack .

Also be sure to keep a backup of the file somewhere secure so if your PC ever gives up the ghost you don't lose your passwords .

Well crap. The non-beta GeForce Driver 337.88 just came out, and just like the beta version - it breaks my GTX560 SLI. I guess Nvidia is now actively trying to force people off the 560s. Damnit.

Question for you all:

How much real money have you spent on gems since you started playing?

I give myself an allowance of $10 a month to use on gems. If nothing comes out that month I want, the $10 rolls over and I might spend in the next month. Then something nice comes out, like the harvesting tools, and I spend the backlog. Probably only spent about $100 or so over the last two years.

Retro

Question for you all:

I finished an album cover for a GAFer right before the game launched, so I just left the $300 on paypal and my wife and I split it for gems. That lasted quite a while, even with us buying character slots and bank tabs and such right at launch.

I've gotten Gem Cards a couple of times just for the hell of it, and as gifts for birthday and Christmas (I am notoriously difficult to shop for, so those are safe bets). As near as we can figure it's more than 5 but less than 10 total, so somewhere between $150-250 over almost two years.

$300 seems like a nice, solid number, I guess, since some of those were gifts. A sub would have been $315 ($15 a month for 21 months), not counting micro-transactions there (for example, in the first two years of WoW I had paid to transfer characters at least once, so another $25 minimum right there.)

The takeaway for me is that I chose to spend that money how I wanted, rather than for the privilege of playing or the need to stay competitive. Oddly enough, I haven't stopped buying games completely like I did with WoW, but I do wait until they get cheap, usually on steam. I've still put in a lot of time in Starbound and such, probably more when the next big update hits. So not only do I chose how to spend my money, but with the way GW2 is built without a gear grind, I also chose how I get to spend my time (which is harder to get back).

BraXzy

Well crap. The non-beta GeForce Driver 337.88 just came out, and just like the beta version - it breaks my GTX560 SLI. I guess Nvidia is now actively trying to force people off the 560s. Damnit.

I've been waiting for a new GeForce driver that wasn't beta for ages, thankfully my 670 still gets nice support :3

Question for you all:

I've only been playing two or so weeks and I'd say like £20.. I'm bad with micro-transactions haha.

My lord, I went to sleep late last night too and SBI still conquered all for hours after that. Incredible effort put out by our server.

Retro

Wow, most of the regulars have spend less than me. I'm around the $300 mark.

My $300 estimate doubles if you include the Collector's Edition, which I went back and forth on quite a bit until my wife told me to just get the damn thing. So that's her fault. =p

Question for you all:

$0.00, i have 8 characters, 6 bank tabs, my main character has 8 bag slot, purchase armor skins, the server transfer ate up 180g most amount of gold spent in the CS, but the rest of the stuff was bought when gold to gems transfer rate was over 350 gems for 1 gold.. i think my 3 xtra character slots cost like 10g :).

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I was out with Hawk last time recreating the battle of Helms deep :p

it did not have a happy ending though.

I was there with you at the start, but had to leave or I'd have slept at the keyboard.

Wish I had been able to stay out and defend Helm's Deep!

Question for you all:

Just recently purchased $10 of gems. That was the first purchase I made.

Katoki

My lord, I went to sleep late last night too and SBI still conquered all for hours after that. Incredible effort put out by our server.

Yeah, I went to sleep around 6 AM server time after BP had ninjaed our garrison and I noticed that they started working on bay. We managed to repel them for that period of time so I quickly left so I wouldn't end up staying up later than that. We have a 10k padding right now but if we don't keep on it, we're just going to lose it.

Thorgal

Yeah, I went to sleep around 6 AM server time after BP had ninjaed our garrison and I noticed that they started working on bay. We managed to repel them for that period of time so I quickly left so I wouldn't end up staying up later than that. We have a 10k padding right now but if we don't keep on it, we're just going to lose it.

At what tie do you guys do your WVW hours ?

I might join in next time if possible .

Retro

So, the commanders (I won't name names) on SBI BL have been doing more debating about what to take rather than taking anything. All while watching tiny FA and BP groups flip stuff, and they won't head towards any objective because they'd tried to take stuff earlier only for the enemy zerg to come in, drive us off and then head back to EB. When we finally decided to push Bay after much debate, we saw BP hadn't even repaired the NE gate we had originally pushed in through. Completely wide open. Because there was no supply to do anything. And we took it that second time without an ounce of resistance.

I keep saying in map chat and TS, we need to starve them so the afternoon crews (when we're strongest) can just punch through paper gates with zero supply. Instead, the commanders are so concerned with even the shadow of a threat that they're letting places sit unmolested (SE tower had some ACs, so they won't go anywhere near it) when we could be punching holes in everything to keep them weak. Even if we just broke in the door at Hills once or twice, they wouldn't be able to WP it (it's already sitting with doors/walls/cannons).

I need to buy a tag, maybe. Anything would be better than sitting and doing nothing because the enemy zerg MIGHT come back. Oh, and bitching that EB won't come help? Solves nothing.

Trey

Some dude came into EB to heckle the commander. Like, tag up and get to work in the BL. If you need some bodies, ask. If they don't come, deal. EB zerg wasn't exactly healthy.

Katoki

Doesn't take too many people to havoc and starve supply unless they specifically set aside 10-15 people per camp to guard their yaks. Will probably get going on that in an hour or so if I can't get myself to finish a chapter of this textbook I need to get through for a summer class.

Retro

Yeah, I've been watching the map on my second monitor, I know EB has been in the thick of it all day too. Probably worse than SBI BL. Help can't come, at least not in force to save the day like these commanders seem to hope, but just bitching about it doesn't solve anything, and standing around discussing whether we should hit bay or hills while camps and towers flip is annoying. For the most part, we've been able to hold N SBI BL, but all it takes is one indecisive commander for them to flip (and they're decked out).

I'm just irritated that it takes someone speaking up in TS saying "Can we please hit SOMETHING?" before something actually gets hit.

Katoki

I've been watching the map on my second monitor, I know EB has been in the thick of it too. Probably worse than SBI BL. Help can't come, at least not in force to save the day like these commanders seem to hope.

I'm just irritated hearing people in TS say "Can we please hit SOMETHING?" before something actually gets hit.

It's why I like following Juggs or Naztharius because they're much more decisive. Even Hostile Territory is good for following if they let you follow them provided you can hold your own in a small zerg vs big zerg setting.

Mxrz

I avoid EB and our BL, and go straight for FA. Was a bit annoyed when the sbi bl guys took most of my people Saturday, but it happens. Darned if I know why this server is so set on bottom feeding instead of hitting the stronger server outright.

Retro

It's why I like following Juggs or Naztharius because they're much more decisive. Even Hostile Territory is good for following if they let you follow them provided you can hold your own in a small zerg vs big zerg setting.

It's not even a matter of small vs. big zerg. It's that we hit Bay once and BP swarmed in, so now suddenly Bay is no longer an option, NoWayNoHowNeverAgain. Then when Mornkor and I wander over to check it out, gasp; they didn't even repair the damn door we all just poured though 20 minutes earlier. Wide open. And when we finally told them to come after the third or fourth time, we strolled straight into inner and casually took bay back without a single BP showing up.

Ugh, listening to TS now. Someone asked why we aren't hitting hills and they flipped out; "HILLS IS SO DAMN FORTIFIED, ARROW CARTS EVERYWHERE." Treb from NE. Treb from ruins. Drop catapults in an odd angle. Do something because they're just sitting in there fortifying all morning.

Edit: I know I'm bitching a lot when I'm not really helping; I have been, but we're making a big dinner so I haven't been able to stay on for long periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom