• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few GAF guild folk managed to make it into a nice Blitz server in the early morning hours. I think the final count was ten straight gold runs before people began dropping out (I only managed to participate in six of them). We got a few more silver runs afterwards, but those just aren't the same after you've had your first taste of gold!

I also ran into my first ever incident with my "map" and "say" chats being blocked. That's kind of annoying when you're the one that volunteered to update the other groups on your team's numbers and boss's health, and it's even more annoying when you need to relay immediate instructions to your team during a fight.

Thankfully Seil was in my party and ready to help out, and most of the people fighting with us had been with us for a while and already knew what to do when the times came.

Thorgal

After the blitz . i would have waited for a mission within my level range but we have Elections today so i needed to at least get some sleep :p

I had a great time guys and i will definitely do that again .

BraXzy

Why do these mysterious gold runs happen whenever I'm off haha!

I'm slowly working my way through the gauntlets, and by working my way, I mean I'm on the 4th person.

Could you please tell us your "lucky" build?

I don't even remember. It was around my 200th attempt (I know because I went in with a stack of 250 tickets, only had about 40 left - and I had redone all the fights up to her just to "warm up"). I was adjusting my traits and skills pretty much every fight, trying random combinations just to see what would work.

I think it involved Toolkit for yanking the visions early, and then nades to do damage during phase 2. But I know it was luck, because usually the way Liadri moved made it difficult to damage her during phase 2, but this time she moved in just the right ways for me to nade her and not get lag-killed by the visions of mortality.

And then just to trivialize my luck, here's a video of an Engineer beating Liadri with no armor, using only auto-attacks and block: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGhB1Qfvmcw&feature=youtu.be

: /

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Well that was weird.

We fought Taco normally, but apparently we DPS'd so hard Taco flew away and didn't return, though his hitbox was still there.

BraXzy

I'm currently making my way through the Queen's Gauntlet.. the fights are really fun. It's challenging trying to work out the best set up to kill them and learn their attacks. It's a lot better with a couple people rotating the fights with you, not too many, but just enough to cheer each other on. I'm burning through my tickets though.

I'm up to the group of pirates and twice now I've got the final pirate down to less than half health and run out of damn time, it's soooo annoying.

Retro

If I'm on I'll definitely help out. And thanks for helping me through Obsidian Sanctum, that was a really fun jumping puzzle. Celebratory screenshot:
gw141.jpg
Hey, that's a really nice shot, I should play my Mesmer more often. Especially now that I bought her a new super-adorable hair style and everything (My wife said to me the other day "You're not allowed to have a cuter Asura than mine.")

BraXzy

Hey, that's a really nice shot, I should play my Mesmer more often. Especially now that I bought her a new super-adorable hair style and everything (My wife said to me the other day "You're not allowed to have a cuter Asura than mine.")

Ooh don't out-cute her.

It's now the third time I got the last pirate down to near death ffs. I don't know what to change up, whether it is the order I do them or mix my traits up. I'm currently going Stitches -> Captain -> First Mate -> Rifle guy?

Katoki

Soooo, we kind of need anyone who is willing to participate in WvW this week to participate to whatever extent they can. We're at +50 PPT right now and holding the lead with 700 points which will go in about an hour.

Korten

Banned
I Korten, eldest son of the Vazure family, son of Vynia and Raulen, whose family origins lurk within that of Cantha and Kyrta,
Commander of the alliance of Orders...

Have finally defeated the terrible being known as Liadri. It was a tough and harsh battle, I yelled at my fellow guild members, and for
that I am ashamed... However it is all over now... I have slew the beast and it is time to rest.

Shiokazu

today we gathered in BP border to just chill

we grabed a tower stood there for some hours, chillin and all, keeping invaders away, upgrading stuff, defending yaks and all... until people started to treb us from hills, and the party was over :(

but it was solid, and fun so, yeah... i'd do that again anytime.

Vyrance

I'm really sorry guys, but my account was hacked and they stole everything I had. Money, pets, ingredients, etc. And even worse, they stole money out of the guild bank, and some dyes and stuff. If I can get any of my stuff returned to me I'll pay back the guild bank with what I have.

Shiokazu

I'm really sorry guys, but my account was hacked and they stole everything I had. Money, pets, ingredients, etc. And even worse, they stole money out of the guild bank, and some dyes and stuff. If I can get any of my stuff returned to me I'll pay back the guild bank with what I have.

no sir, you wont give anything back to the guild bank as it was not your fault. leave it as it is and we'll rebuild it as the community we are.

i hope you can get your stuff back, and if theres anything i can help with, just say the word.

Korten

Banned

That really sucks. :( I got hacked around December in 2012 and didn't get my account back for weeks... It wasn't as bad as what happened to you but they still used my account for botting. :/

Anyway I seriously suggest getting the app that allows you to have to input a code to log in, it really increases the security of your account!

BraXzy

Really sucks to hear. I hope that you get something sorted out with Anet to get your stuff back :(

To anyone who currently doesn't, take the time to set up the mobile authenticator like I'm doing now, Lump mentioned that it doesn't require you to input a code every time you log on, it saves your IP so it's no hassle and it is great security.

Thorgal

That really sucks. :( I got hacked around December in 2012 and didn't get my account back for weeks... It wasn't as bad as what happened to you but they still used my account for botting. :/

Anyway I seriously suggest getting the app that allows you to have to input a code to log in, it really increases the security of your account!
i am using keepass for my paswords.

Much harder to break.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Sorry about that man. Don't worry about the stuff in the bank, I just hope you can get yours rolled back a bit. Totally blows. :(

Sorry to hear. Hope ANet is able to resolve everything quickly.

Jira

Dude did you have have a 2way authenticator setup via google? I cannot stress how important that is to use whenever it is available. That, unique and randomized passwords for the game too. Hell, even a single email that you ONLY use for GW2. Regardless, sorry to hear but now I urge you to beef up your security for your account and email.

Retro

That sucks, man. They even went after your damn minis. Here's hoping they can restore your account soon, don't worry about restoring the guild bank back right away, if at all. GAF is a big enough group that 300g or so isn't a serious blow, though it will slow down anyone who needs help transfering.

Anyways, all the more reason everyone should be running two-step authentication. It's easy, no excuses!

How many do gold sellers are you guys reporting? A lot of them spamming spvp, but it's weird, because I can follow their movements under my block list, and it seems to be pretty coordinated. At one point I noticed of all the people I had blocked, there where 2 or 3 in each big area (DR, LA, sPvP and so on).

Vyrance

Yea I added the authenticator just now. And I will pay back the guild bank, that's not a problem. Just sorry it had to affect you all as well. And as I told others in-game, at least they didn't destroy my character-bound items, so still have my legendary, ascended gear, etc. So I have that at least, lol.

Yea I added the authenticator just now. And I will pay back the guild bank, that's not a problem. Just sorry it had to affect you all as well. And as I told others in-game, at least they didn't destroy my character-bound items, so still have my legendary, ascended gear, etc. So I have that at least, lol.

Maybe next saturday we can do a guild relief mission run? all proceedings go to the victims of the GAF guild, featuring special appearance by Kos performing "We are the world". Also includes special appearance by Miktar saying "ArenaNet don't care about Charr people".

How many do gold sellers are you guys reporting? A lot of them spamming spvp, but it's weird, because I can follow their movements under my block list, and it seems to be pretty coordinated. At one point I noticed of all the people I had blocked, there where 2 or 3 in each big area (DR, LA, sPvP and so on).

Reported probably a dozen just this weekend alone. Seems to have been a major uptick in them as of late.

Katoki

Least they were nice enough to let you keep the account-bound stuff though that usually means they'll try coming back for a second pass after they feel it's enough time where you may have put the effort into getting yourself situated again.

Use best practices for security and all that.

Let's tell Peck so he can send the sequrity team to see where all guild money went to o they can ban that account that has the money now.

BraXzy

Ugh. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take down Subject 7 as a Thief? I just can't get enough damage on it to kill it before it a) get's healed or b) I die by the mass amount of oozes around it.

Is there a technique I'm missing that makes this easier?

Ugh. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to take down Subject 7 as a Thief? I just can't get enough damage on it to kill it before it a) get's healed or b) I die by the mass amount of oozes around it.

This was a tough fight for my Thief the first time around. What I ended up doing was going with a spec that was heavy on self heals (heals on initiative use + heals while in stealth maybe?) and using Shortbow exclusively for the AoE bleeds and bouncing shots when out of ini.

BraXzy

This was a tough fight for my Thief the first time around. What I ended up doing was going with a spec that was heavy on self heals (heals on initiative use + heals while in stealth maybe?) and using Shortbow exclusively for the AoE bleeds and bouncing shots when out of ini.

I tried the healing/AoE route but it never got me close.

In the end I got lucky and with a combination of smoke screens and all out DPS with my thieves guild, I managed to heartseeker him to death just before his hp regen went sky high. Funnily enough, the guy after him I did first time, admittedly I just managed to kill him whilst downed but still.

Now to get one man and his dog before Liadri.

Proven

Go open a support ticket right now. If you have your serial code from your boxed copy or email receipt still (which might have been deleted if you got hacked through your email account) then you can get a restoration on your account. If you don't have your serial code then you can also use the credit card number that you bought the game yet, although if you've replaced your card since that might be hard to do.

BraXzy

I've decided. The Boss Blitz feels like a dungeon run. Me and a few other GAFers just did a gold run thanks in part to a guild who was doing the organising with tags and such. The event is such a zerg fest most of the times with randoms it's pure luck if you run into a decent run.

I guess it's part of the fun but I wonder if this'd be better as an isolated thing.

I've decided. The Boss Blitz feels like a dungeon run. Me and a few other GAFers just did a gold run thanks in part to a guild who was doing the organising with tags and such. The event is such a zerg fest most of the times with randoms it's pure luck if you run into a decent run.

I guess it's part of the fun but I wonder if this'd be better as an isolated thing.
you are failing because people are used to being mindless ship. You should try and find a TTS map, I just spent the last 3 hours doing gold runs. i went from 300 to 2000.

Katoki

I just sword/pistol with signet of malice. Are you trying to get some gambit on it though? I think you could get away with dagger/dagger and 2/6/6/0/0 or something with mug, hidden killer or executioner (depends if you just want to wail on it or always crit backstabs) and the shadow arts grand master trait that gives regeneration on stealth. Mug will heal you some on use and all that.

BraXzy

I just sword/pistol with signet of malice. Are you trying to get some gambit on it though? I think you could get away with dagger/dagger and 2/6/6/0/0 or something with mug, hidden killer or executioner (depends if you just want to wail on it or always crit backstabs) and the shadow arts grand master trait that gives regeneration on stealth. Mug will heal you some on use and all that.

I eventually managed to do it, partly thanks to haste heartseekers. He really stumped me though.

I just gave some advice to a newish player asking for help.. and it was really weird because he was asking the same sort of stuff that I was like what 2 weeks ago. Felt really odd.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Really sorry to hear about you getting hacked. When your back on your account, if you need some coin let me know.

Peck says be sure to contact customer support. FYI.

all proceedings go to the victims of the GAF guild, featuring special appearance by Kos performing "We are the world".

I pledge right here, right now, to donate 50g to the guild vault if Kos will stand in the middle of Black Citadel (near the crafting stations) and sing all the lyrics of "We are the world". It can be copy-paste even.

EDIT: Has to be during primetime, 8pm EST at least.

Granadier

I pledge right here, right now, to donate 50g to the guild vault if Kos will stand in the middle of Black Citadel (near the crafting stations) and sing all the lyrics of "We are the world". It can be copy-paste even.

EDIT: Has to be during primetime, 8pm EST at least.

I will double this donation if he sings it on Mumble as well.

Morokh

you are failing because people are used to being mindless ship. You should try and find a TTS map, I just spent the last 3 hours doing gold runs. i went from 300 to 2000.

To be fair, most of them still are even in groups that succeed, but instead of mindlessly following a 'single' blue dorito on a map, they follow instructions given by a guild (or more rarely a very motivated group of person) because they know they won't have to bother about the hard part of the event, a.k.a the hurdle of coordinating it all.
Hurdle that could have drastically be reduced with a few clever tweaks here and there which could have been a good thing for the people carrying the events.

I was able to do a few runs yesterday thanks to other guild members that were in an organized instance, we grabbed silver 3 times in a row (missing gold by an inch everytime) and it was fun, but mostly because it didn't last for hours every-time.

Having done that I strongly believe that not having the bronze reward on a timer like the rest is a big mistake, because if you take more than 30 minutes to complete the Blitz, it's clearly that you did not even try, and most instances have the event stuck in limbo because of that, which even prevents people to actually try it.

On another note, token collection on my end is going very well, I was already able to grab the Watchwork node, Gas Mask, Slickpack and Fused gauntlets, I'm going to continue towards the Karka Shell, then tackle in Liadri and if there is time left I'll try to grab some of the 400/800 items that I have less interest in :D

I must say I really like Aspect Arena, it's very simple and yet really enjoyable when a game is evenly slip between combat and grabbing orbs.

I'm also considering creating a new character just to hang-out in Labyrinthine Cliffs so I can start leveling it slowly with the events there and saving a few silver, because I always forget about the balloon ... >_<

Granadier

Fantastic night in WvW tonight with you guys. Beautiful commanding and some truly unbelievable fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom