• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
biggerfatter_augustzupb4.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
i award that post six lumps
i am transcribing the item codes so you, GAF, can paste them

[&AgF6vwAA]
[&AgF9vwAA]
[&AgGdpgAA]

Wookieomg

Hey all. Was gonna check out how to go about joining the GW2 guild, and the GAFGuild server is down. Didn't see any other info in the OT so I figured I'd ask here. Can anyone help me out?

Thorgal

Hey all. Was gonna check out how to go about joining the GW2 guild, and the GAFGuild server is down. Didn't see any other info in the OT so I figured I'd ask here. Can anyone help me out?

Just post your Name.#### here and one of the guild officers will invite you .

On another note : i nearly got a heart attack last night when the game told me my log in details was invalid .

Thought i was hacked or something .

Turns out after sending a ticket that the Authenticator was at fault so after they disabled it it worked fine again .

Weird .

Wookieomg

Just post your Name.#### here and one of the guild officers will invite you .

Does it matter which World my characters are currently on? I know there is a Megaserver-type setup for GW2 but... I still see all the various worlds in World Selection so I'm kinda confused.

Wookieomg.6908 is me.

Thorgal

Does it matter which World my characters are currently on? I know there is a Megaserver-type setup for GW2 but... I still see all the various worlds in World Selection so I'm kinda confused.

Wookieomg.6908 is me.

Which server are you on ?

Most of the Guild is on Stormbluff isle .

It is an NA server but there are many EU players here (Myself included) that play there without issue .

Quenk

I'm pretty new to posting on GAF but I've been lurking for a while. Can I get a GAF guild invite as well? I'm not too sure how multiple guilds work since I'm currently in a tiny guild with some RL friends.

I'm Quenk.1068

I'm pretty new to posting on GAF but I've been lurking for a while. Can I get a GAF guild invite as well? I'm not too sure how multiple guilds work since I'm currently in a tiny guild with some RL friends.
You can join more than one guild at a time; in the guild tab you can choose "Represent" based on which chat you want active and whose guild reputation (or whatever it's called) you want to increase.

My graphics card is dying.

lCTRy3f.gif

I am naked in lines of tubes, and wires. sleepless.. not in seattle but in turmoil and pain. Am I human or am I just a dancer?

Retro

August 30

You’ve got just two more days to take advantage of all our anniversary sales. New for today, you can pick up some Minis 3-Packs (Set 2)! This 3-pack will grant you three random Set 2 minis, from the fearsome Twisted Reaver to the sassy miniature Zojja! We’ve also put the Copper-Fed Salvage-O-Matic on sale for 30% off.

Unlike the silver-fed version, the Copper Salvage-o-matic is well worth it.

BraXzy

Awesomely informative as ever Lump Lump! I've bought all the good stuff I want and I will continue to avoid the bad hehe. Anyone who hasn't taken advtage of the sale yet should be sure to follow this.

I got back from London in the early hours of this morning. T'was an awesome trip! Managed to see Big Ben and the Houses of Asswipes
(Parliment)
, saw what all the fuss was all about at Harrods, visited the queen (or at least, the outside of her palace) and topped it off with a go round the London Eye as the sun was starting to set :)

Rawk Hawk

What classes get decent mileage out of Cleric's gear? Seems like Guardian and Warrior might, but at this point I've been solely playing Necro for so long I'm not sure if even they do anymore.

What classes get decent mileage out of Cleric's gear? Seems like Guardian and Warrior might, but at this point I've been solely playing Necro for so long I'm not sure if even they do anymore.

Loved my guardian in hybrid Cleric / hybrid dmg gear. Was very fun being a support-healer-AOE-lolcat

Callunah

Neo Member

My ranger gets alot of usage from her cleric's gear...I am often the last one standing and rezzing the tough hard hitters in dungeon/pve groups (and the constant healing from my traits/runes are a big help in wvw/pvp type situations.)

Rawk Hawk

Thanks, I have Guardian at 80, but not Ranger.. maybe it will be a good reason to level up Ranger. Still can't believe I got that ascended weapon chest last night in WvW. Maybe my generosity with pizza lead ANet to be gracious back? Confirmed, send pizza to friends, get ascended weapons.

Minamu

Geeeeez, been looking into collecting mats for the Sunrise Legendary and damn, I'm getting dizzy from the prices of the mats :/ And of course, I've been selling some of the mats I need like Vial of Powerful Blood etc. This seems like a pointless endeavour even though I'm fairly close to getting my gift of mastery thanks to map completing WvWvW and gaining badges there.

In other news, I finally reached 100% map completion! :D

Thorgal

Hmm bought a new slot for my Future Mesmer but since i already have every race represented i am not sure which one i should duplicate ?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Since Hawkian called me out for skipping it, I delved back into the catacombs this morning to defend my honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f13FoCP2hv8
Well it certainly took you a lot less time than me ;) Keeping him pinned to a wall was a smart move I didn't even attempt.

I had to pull Ralena into the sloping hallway, I just couldn't figure out another way to do it.

I'm sure it took a shamefully long time but in case anyone is curious it IS possible to solo AC Story on a scepter/focus, sword/torch Confusion mesmer. :D
Geeeeez, been looking into collecting mats for the Sunrise Legendary and damn, I'm getting dizzy from the prices of the mats :/ And of course, I've been selling some of the mats I need like Vial of Powerful Blood etc. This seems like a pointless endeavour even though I'm fairly close to getting my gift of mastery thanks to map completing WvWvW and gaining badges there.

In other news, I finally reached 100% map completion! :D
Grats! Do you have your clovers yet? You get T6 mats as a byproduct making them.

Taffer

Being able to interact with stuff in Death Shroud is nice but I'm so used to not being able to that I'm actually going to miss using DS as an AoE loot hoover when there are chatty NPCs nearby or unwanted bundles on the ground at my feet. It is important that we seek the cloud in the silver lining.

Zeroth

Being able to interact with stuff in Death Shroud is nice but I'm so used to not being able to that I'm actually going to miss using DS as an AoE loot hoover when there are chatty NPCs nearby or unwanted bundles on the ground at my feet. It is important that we seek the cloud in the silver lining.

Your laziness never fails to amuse me. You and Venthus could do a lazy competition

Looks like Target is doing their Buy 1 Get 1 25% off all game cards the week of 9/7-9/13

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334854-target-ad-97-913/

Maybe a decent time to pick up some gem cards. And if you need gems right now for the sales, there's also the Kongregate $5 off gamestop coupon going on right now if you download that mobile game Tyrant Unleashed and setup a Kongregate account. The Kongregate thing runs til 9/7, I got 1 $5 code so far, testing my luck on trying to get a second lol

http://www.kongregate.com/pages/tyrant-promo

Ludovico

Never heard of the coin-fed salvage things, but I guess I'll pick one up tonight before missions start.

Are they character bound, or can I just buy one and swap it between my two main characters?

Retro

Looks like Target is doing their Buy 1 Get 1 25% off all game cards the week of 9/7-9/13

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334854-target-ad-97-913/

Last time they ran this promotion, the Target employees were useless as shit and couldn't remember where they were stocked or if they had any left. They whipped out their cellphones and couldn't find them on the site, so they assumed they weren't carried anymore. YMMV.

Also, Best Buy won't honor that competitor's offer, the manager said that and gift cards aren't something they'll price match.

Never heard of the coin-fed salvage things, but I guess I'll pick one up tonight before missions start.

Are they character bound, or can I just buy one and swap it between my two main characters?

Account bound, you can drop it off in the bank and any character can pick it up.

Last time they ran this promotion, the Target employees were useless as shit and couldn't remember where they were stocked or if they had any left. They whipped out their cellphones and couldn't find them on the site, so they assumed they weren't carried anymore. YMMV.

Also, Best Buy won't honor that competitor's offer, the manager said that and gift cards aren't something they'll price match.

Account bound, you can drop it off in the bank and any character can pick it up.

I found them with the Minecraft/Club penguin cards last time at my Target. And if I recall correctly, Target didn't charge me tax on those cards. Just came back from Gamestop and got a 1200 gem card for $10.70, not a bad deal if you don't mind installing a useless game on your phone for a bit

Retro

I found them with the Minecraft/Club penguin cards last time at my Target. And if I recall correctly, Target didn't charge me tax on those cards. Just came back from Gamestop and got a 1200 gem card for $10.70, not a bad deal if you don't mind installing a useless game on your phone for a bit

Yeah, I think my local Target is just a shithole, and the only other one nearby is too far out of my way through too much traffic.

Thorgal

As promised a few photos of my trip through the Domain which is a Museum of Hitlers Atlantic wall.

At the original entrance of the construction

Photo of Erwin Rommel on inspection taken at that location :

Field telephones hanging in the Bunkers .

All types of Coastal defences designed to destroy and sink Ships trying to land on the beach.

BFG for the defense of the Harbor .

Communication room to send target coordinations to the artillery bunkers .

A coastal armory bunker .

Munition stockpile

AA artillery.

Inside one of Artillery bunkers .
When fired the barrel would be pushed outside the window and instead of the window there steel steel shutters that could close the hole off.

The sleeping area of the crew .

Just one part of the underground network of tunnels that connected bunkers together .
When the germans started building , they confiscated every piece of building material they could find and mixed them together .
The Result is an almost mosaic like effect due to all the different types of Bricks plastered together.

These tunnels spread like a labyrinth and stretched for hundreds of meters.
Most of them are locked of either because they are highly unstable or are home to rare Bat populations .

there are lots more of them (The entire trip through the domain takes at minimum 2 hours .) but ill stop myself here .

If you are ever in Belgium in the coastal region i can definitly recommend a visit .

More pictures on Google : https://www.google.be/search?q=dome...eN4gTP3IDwCg&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

Retro

As a bit of a history aficionado, awesome pictures. I'd love to eventually get over to Europe and visit stuff like this.

Thanks, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom