• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

I'm not sure if I will be able to make it to missions, is there anyone who can be available to lead tonight?

I'll try to make it. We had to swing by the hospital and apparently when you make the joke "I just flew in from West Africa and boy, are my stools bloody" they freak out and seal you in the Infectious Diseases ward. Cellphone battery is almost dead but I sent Mrs. Retor to Best Buy for a gaming laptop. If she gets a good one, I might make it, if not she'll have to go back.

Yes, I will be on for missions.

Zeroth

I'll try to make it. We had to swing by the hospital and apparently when you make the joke "I just flew in from West Africa and boy, are my stools bloody" they freak out and seal you in the Infectious Diseases ward. Cellphone battery is almost dead but I sent Mrs. Retor to Best Buy for a gaming laptop. If she gets a good one, I might make it, if not she'll have to go back.

Yes, I will be on for missions.

But what if she doesn't manage to buy one that runs GW2? We may need to make Adriaaa take Kos' position.

Korten

Banned
Hey guys question... Does it say i'm online?

Edit: Nvm, my password was no longer being saved on the launcher and I was getting worried since my passwords wasn't working... Luckily I got the right one.

Korten

Banned

False alarm, my password was just no longer saved for some reason and I couldn't remember the password for the moment. Don't worry, It's fine.

Though even if someone tried to get on, I have that app on my phone that would require the person to type a code in.

Complistic

So my 560ti died. Won't even load up windows with it. So I put in my old 260. Well that lets me use my desktop and some super low intensive games. But it just freezes it up if I try guild wars 2.

So now I'm the proud owner of a 660. Should be here in a few days. My 560 has been dying for like 2 years now, so whatever.

TrounceX

I am officially in love with the Phantom hood .

gw22014-08-3022-47-49ozs5e.jpg

gw22014-08-3023-04-47n8shc.jpg

I was sooo excited when the Phantom Hood went back up on the gem store that I bought it immediately. Apparently everyone else had the same reaction because half the game is rocking one right now. Had to take mine off for a bit until it dies down a little.

Actually idk anymore...I think my original helmet might actually be better. Just getting kind of sick of it since I've been using this same armor style for like 20 months in a row.

. said:
. said:

TrounceX

break my heart katoki

Is there even any good cloth heavy armor in the game? I only played skin wars 2 once to come up with my current design.

Mxrz

Little odd how the game feels different post-legendary. Thinking I can give up combat, and make a virtual living mining. At least until ANet nerfs the watchwork pick.

Mxrz

I have two currently, enough mats for another. But holding off to see whats announced this coming week.

I blame that katana for borking the gold to gem prices. Seems like the cost would price new players out of it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They're gonna shut down keyfarming in September 3 right? Well, starting tomorrow I will keyfarm 10 keys a day until the patch.

Minamu

Grats! Do you have your clovers yet? You get T6 mats as a byproduct making them.
Thanks :) No I haven't, all my professiona are lvl 1 still. I've found the crafting menus to be way too difficult to grasp so I haven't bothered yet. I think I'm gonna wait a while for the feature pack update and then try to find some crafting tutorials. In the meantime I'll try out the dungeons I've missed and running the fractals until my economy is better. I've yet to reach even 60g so I think legendaries are still a ways off.

Retro

break my heart katoki

Is there even any good cloth heavy armor in the game? I only played skin wars 2 once to come up with my current design.

Braham's set is mostly cloth / fur, Kodan leggings are cloth. A few sets are leather (Vigil, most notably).

They're gonna shut down keyfarming in September 3 right? Well, starting tomorrow I will keyfarm 10 keys a day until the patch.

Should be the 9th.

Remfin

Thanks :) No I haven't, all my professiona are lvl 1 still. I've found the crafting menus to be way too difficult to grasp so I haven't bothered yet. I think I'm gonna wait a while for the feature pack update and then try to find some crafting tutorials. In the meantime I'll try out the dungeons I've missed and running the fractals until my economy is better. I've yet to reach even 60g so I think legendaries are still a ways off.
Trust me, the crafting menu is not the real problem, it's the entire system. Unless you follow a guide that lays out how it works, you'll spend 100x as many resources doing it "organically" as you would otherwise.

Minamu

Trust me, the crafting menu is not the real problem, it's the entire system. Unless you follow a guide that lays out how it works, you'll spend 100x as many resources doing it "organically" as you would otherwise.
Figured as much :) Got any of those good guides around by any chance?

TrounceX

holy god would I get bored.

this
0gV4O9s.png

I like this one

But I tried a bunch of stuff this morning and nothing is really working out. I'll just save the Hood for my Necro. I already have The Crossing staff skin too so that guy will be ready to go.

IF I ever get around to leveling it. After three 80's I really don't have patience for lvling anymore.

Dear Anet, I would pay at least $50 for an auto 80 scroll. At this point my time is more valuable than my money, and this game goes to great lengths to cater to people like me so idk how this isn't an option yet. Make it so you have to have a lvl 80 already for the scroll to work. Boom.

Dear Anet, I would pay at least $50 for an auto 80 scroll. At this point my time is more valuable than my money, and this game goes to great lengths to cater to people like me so idk how this isn't an option yet. Make it so you have to have a lvl 80 already for the scroll to work. Boom.
Not sure if serious. Your wallet man. :(
Easiest MMO to level with.

Anyway, was about to try key farming, looked at a vid on how to proceed, then went F this.
Holy hell that looks like a boring ~12 min for 1 RNG key.

Remfin

So I finally made a new account today, hoping to use it as a bank, and (re)-discovered two things:
  1. I hate naming/creating characters. Even throw away ones
  2. Guild Wars 2 stores your password as plaintext, or some weak-ass (static) hash
:(

Neo Dark

Hello everyone. Can someone send an invite to me at Dark.1208? Thanks

Anyways, September 9th can't come soon enough. Hoping the data mined trial system gets implemented at the same time. Been trying to get a friend to play but she won't budge unless she's tried it first

Levyne

Banned
Hello everyone. Can someone send an invite to me at Dark.1208? Thanks

Anyways, September 9th can't come soon enough. Hoping the data mined trial system gets implemented at the same time. Been trying to get a friend to play but she won't budge unless she's tried it first

Someone's grabbed you. Welcome

Edit: Should have refreshed the thread, lol

Mxrz

Until ANet actually says something, I have a hard time believing it'll change. People are speculating over the China version. Locking the personal story-line until level 10 would be incredibly stupid. They could always change the rewards, but I can't imagine why given they've "okayed' keyfarming more than once.

Mxrz

This pre-tournament" I don't want to be in gold" tanking is lol from all sides.

Yeah, the "its all about the fights!' bravado sure dries up when its tournament time. Seems like FA, Yaks, CD, and DB would all be close to each other, too.

Katoki

Just to note, players from both servers (DB and CD) have openly admitted to tanking on purpose to stay away from Gold league. According to one DB member, DB knows the demoralizing effect that it has a server and the damage that that causes to a server, and has been working very hard to recover from the last time that happened--they do NOT want that to happen again, hence tanking.

Yanked that from the SBI forums. Anyone interested could always log in on their own assuming they have been "verified" to view that section. We have different people on SBI now so I don't think it's all about the fights anymore. People're worried about our population because it's difficult enough pulling primarily PvE players to participate. I mean hell, I'm still trying to get myself sorted again because what I used to do doesn't work as well now.

TrounceX

Not sure if serious. Your wallet man. :(
Easiest MMO to level with.

Well...that's like 2 hours of work for me.

And it takes what, 30-40 hours of straight training in EOTM to get to 80? Maybe more? I've seen everything there is to see in this game, I don't want to do it again. I just want a dang necro to WvW with.

Mxrz

Can't imagine us ever being organized enough to tank, and I enjoy that. Log on, enjoy the game, log off. Occasionally rant about thieves. No real pressure, or "STACKSTACKSTACK" to worry about.

But it would be nice to win enough for a few extra weapons, too.

Jira

So I finally made a new account today, hoping to use it as a bank, and (re)-discovered two things:
  1. I hate naming/creating characters. Even throw away ones
  2. Guild Wars 2 stores your password as plaintext, or some weak-ass (static) hash
:(

Pretty positive it's not plaintext cause if it were someone would have made a huge shitfest about it as soon as people got into beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom