• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
look at all them twisty moas. I suppose buying up some cool limited-supply ones isn't a half-bad idea there lomp.

huh, I admit I did not see the whining angle on this change coming.... maybe I'm losing my touch. I figured anyone either actively using or storing long-term a specific mini wanted to keep it and thus would've been okay with account binding it in the wardrobe. *shrug*

Collections- what are some things that shouldn't be inventory items but currently are? Pristine Fractal Relics are the obvious one that springs to mind for me.

Can't imagine what other than a TP UI overhaul the "Trading 2.0" could possibly be. I hope they have a tag/filter system... wonder if it would be too much to hope for that they can fix the item naming scheme that broke with the wardrobe update...

I just watched 30+ new orders go up for that item by people hoping to make a profit.

So many fools hanging on your every word.

Oh I was 30 minutes late to the party. I bought my hoard for about 4-5g each, when they were 3g each a couple days ago.

Mini Jack-a-lope was already 240g by the time I logged in. It was 70g a couple days ago.

Mini Karka? It's all gone.

Levyne

Banned
Really too bad I dumped all of my Mini Kasmeers when I quit. Stings but I'm going to try not to dwell on virtual wealth.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That's a good change, it sounds like it was necessary for them as some people got stranded on low population servers (I don't think there was guesting either, right?). I wonder when it will be implemented. In the meantime they made server transfers free which should help them out too (I feel for everyone who shelled out money to jump ship before this though).

Retro

Not a surprise, the Wildstar OT has been talking about how empty the servers are for a while now. Hopefully it will help, but I think there's bigger underlying problems that won't be fixed by this. GW2's megaservers help fill in low level zones where the population is spread out, whereas Wildstar's problem is that there's no population at all. I'll have to dig it up, but there was a post on Reddit with a bunch of screenshots of the cities being dead and the "Who's online" thing only showing 15 people or something like that.

I don't play it so I can't comment, maybe they're all off in their housing instance or whatever, but megaservers won't fix that problem either, so... /shrug

That's a good change, it sounds like it was necessary for them as some people got stranded on low population servers (I don't think there was guesting either, right?)

Nope, no guesting in Wildstar.

Korten

Banned
Le sigh. I really do like the new update, really nice that minitures and such will be there to easily take out. But- if going based on this update and the names of the next 2 updates, it seems these will have a very little effect on veteran players. Just more little QoL stuff. :(

Le sigh. I really do like the new update, really nice that minitures and such will be there to easily take out. But- if going based on this update and the names of the next 2 updates, it seems these will have a very little effect on veteran players. Just more little QoL stuff. :(
What feature are you waiting for?

Moondrop

Banned
Links on this page led me down a rabbit hole, the end of which has me considering signing up for the ArcheAge open beta. Will any of y'all be there?

Retro

Links on this page led me down a rabbit hole, the end of which has me considering signing up for the ArcheAge open beta. Will any of y'all be there?

Not with their Pay-2-Win cash shop and the ridiculously scam-like Labor Point system (literally everything costs LP, including identifying quest rewards and crafting, somebody on Reddit figured out that there's mathematically no way you can earn enough to keep up with the constant demand without becoming a patron).

Korten

Banned
What feature are you waiting for?

Not saying I'm looking for a specific feature, just something that would make getting on GW2 more... fun, like new stuff to do and shit. Not really new content, just things to make what we have already more fun. I like the Living Story, but it's waiting 2 weeks for an hours worth of content.

Just... something to enhance the later-stages of gameplay in GW2.

Korten

Banned
What would enhance that stage of the game for you? Got an example?

Just more reason to do other content, new skins to gain through gameplay and not through RNG. Would be cool if zones got their own unique skins, or hell worse case make outfits. Would be cool if Dungeons also got their own unique outfits that were drops in the dungeon itself, maybe modified versions of the outfits you can buy with tokens. Sure that would be RNG, but at least their still tokens.

Stuff like that, maybe little veteran-elite level content, sort of mini dungeons for friends to take on, instanced missions though. Content that scales for 2 to 5 people. Though this part is less of a feature. XD

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not with their Pay-2-Win cash shop and the ridiculously scam-like Labor Point system (literally everything costs LP, including identifying quest rewards and crafting, somebody on Reddit figured out that there's mathematically no way you can earn enough to keep up with the constant demand without becoming a patron).
From what I've read it's P2W, but if it's truly a sandbox I'm sure we can still amuse ourselves as homeless pirates.
blehhhh that sounds like a nope. we'll see. I assume "patron status" means paying some fee to be like a VIP that has features free players don't? TOR had something like that after going F2P, didn't it?

more games should try path of exile's model. I guess true MMOs have multiplicative costs compared to a game like that though.

Well, really, more games should just fucking try GW2/TSW's model. It's getting tiresome watching cash grabs that both box me out of playing (I have sort of low tolerance for p2w aspects, and won't pay subscriptions) and ultimately lead to floundering profits in the end anyway. it seems like the idea for a lot of releases that make it over from korea is just "squeeze the whales" where the degree of pay2win isn't even a factor from a development standpoint. "oh, it might not be sustainable 2 years from now, but you know a few guys will gladly shell out $149 for a preorder pack with only in-game/digital extras included!" I mean I bet there are even ways to characterize what you get for that money as a "good deal" if you compare it to buying everything separately, but sheesh.

worried about everquest next, but at least SoE's weird-ass station cash ecosystem is something that already exists and can be built around.

Mxrz

Yup. I would play more games if they used ANet's business model.

I like most of these changes today. Taking more minis out of circulation should be a good thing in the long run. I doubt we'll reach GW1 levels of uber rares, but still. It will be interesting to see if older minis popup again here and there.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I've come to understand from commentary that lots of people have been hoarding minis with a kind of "maybe sorta wanna keep maybe sell one day" mindset, and this will (almost) force them to decide whether they want to actually keep them or not. Will definitely be interesting to watch the market and for my part, having them as an account unlock in the wardrobe will make me go about collecting all of them much more seriously.

Mxrz

One sab related thing. - The raft in world 2 moves. If it works like it seems, then I'm going to dream of a GW2 future with Uncharted-2 style train levels.

Grudy

Cool changes to the wardrobe today, about time for mini's to shine again.

In other news, I'm not touching GW1 again. The game has aged so badly and I find it nearly unplayable on my own now >_<. I only managed to get 11/30 HoM points, only 4 points away from my goal, but I just couldn't finish EotN or Nightfall, for some reason I find the missions take a lot of time now, something I don't have, or maybe it's just that boring on my own.

To reward myself on 3 more HoM points I bought the Endless Cat Tonic for 100 laurels! Best decision I ever made.

leng jai

Took over two years but good job Anet.

Good luck on getting some of the rarer minis now if you don't have them yet. Most of them are already ridiculously priced and going to go up even further probably.

TrounceX

What would enhance that stage of the game for you? Got an example?

New classes, new weapons, new races, level cap increase.

Massive overhaul of the WvW maps and a new formula for determining PPT.

Guild vs Guild mode with rankings and leaderboards.

Honestly I've never felt GW2 was more on the brink than it currently is. Almost none of my friends log in to the game anymore, tons and tons of guilds are disbanding, WvW is dead etc. I'd love to see some actual population numbers because I feel it's dropped off significantly this summer.

I often find myself wondering, what would the situation be right now if there was a big expansion right around the corner? Would I give up all the living story content this season for an expansion in the Fall? ....I think I would.

These are just my musings though. No need to discuss a topic that's been discussed to death already.

I still enjoy playing the game everyday and I don't honestly think it's dying in any part but I agree with you, I want to hear about the bolded parts. I would at least like to know if these are something they want to release as part of LS or a feature pack.

Does anyone have the necessary amount of minis for the Set One Achievements? I have the necessary amount for Set Two. I'll do a temporary exchange between the two.

Arcteryx

Massive overhaul of the WvW maps and a new formula for determining PPT.

Guild vs Guild mode with rankings and leaderboards.

Honestly I've never felt GW2 was more on the brink than it currently is. Almost none of my friends log in to the game anymore, tons and tons of guilds are disbanding, WvW is dead etc. I'd love to see some actual population numbers because I feel it's dropped off significantly this summer.

I often find myself wondering, what would the situation be right now if there was a big expansion right around the corner? Would I give up all the living story content this season for an expansion in the Fall? ....I think I would.

These are just my musings though. No need to discuss a topic that's been discussed to death already.

I'd imagine they've had a fairly nice up-tick in new players, but yes, the vets seem to be pretty absent in my experience(aside from the LA afkers).

Remfin

I heard GW2 is down to 0 subs!

...Summers are always horrible. But it definitely feels like the game plateaus hard. Either you love WvW or you play dress-up, and no way in hell I could play dress-up when charges cost what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom