• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

360 d-damn. if the graphical fidelity is anything like it was on ps3 that's a rough road. crazy thing is if you get it on ps3 you can get the ps4 digital version for free too, not that this helps your predicament.
I played the beta on 360. It looked rough compared to current gen but not unplayable to me. It's just I have my irl buds on one side and a competent clan here on the other. We all laughed back at the e3 reveal for nexgen and now they all just ignore that backtracking. A shame saves aren't universal. I'll sleep on it and think about it while I play GW1 all day long tomorrow.
I'll be playing Kid Icarus and lurking SmashGAF

and you already have a wiiu too. shameful.
Wii U is cool now. It has Zelda and Smash and Star Fox and everything
not F-Zero

What's that from? Something from somewhere someone wasn't suppose to be?

BraXzy

I played the beta on 360. It looked rough compared to current gen but not unplayable to me. It's just I have my irl buds on one side and a competent clan here on the other. We all laughed back at the e3 reveal for nexgen and now they all just ignore that backtracking. A shame saves aren't universal. I'll sleep on it and think about it while I play GW1 all day long tomorrow.
I'll be playing Kid Icarus and lurking SmashGAF

Wii U is cool now. It has Zelda and Smash and Star Fox and everything
not F-Zero

What's that from? Something from somewhere someone wasn't suppose to be?

To be fair to the 360 version, I just had a look at a comparison video between all versions and it holds up reasonably well compared to current gen. The PS3 is the version to avoid if possible, it is the worst of the bunch, but that's to be expected when Bungie didn't touch a PS3 at all during last gen.

As for Wii U's they have always been pretty awesome, but the gems that are coming out in the future will make it a really great console. I can't wait for some of the stuff coming out on it.

I was wondering where that pic was taken from too. It looks like a fractal or something?

leng jai

5 tickets per weapon and nerfed key farming...I don't even see how it's realistically possible to get a collection of the older sets.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
5 tickets per weapon and nerfed key farming...I don't even see how it's realistically possible to get a collection of the older sets.
I know there were people who got the entire sets when they were new, I. e. they already have the whole collection. but yeah, I wouldn't call it realistically possible to get a full set even at one ticket each. in general that category is
Achievement Unlocked: You spend way too much real money on fake items!
exactly. to be ignored for the most part. and it's always possible that there are promotions or other ways of getting those skins added that make certain sets more reasonable to collect.

I have refreshed my tolerance of the gem store after looking into the monetization structure in archeage over the weekend and being reminded how good we have it.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Hmm I might need some of your PSNs, since I'm getting Destiny Tuesday.

LumpOfCole is mine of course

That idk, found it on this thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=890693

Though during black friday, I'd expect to see it down to $30 like last year

PSN id: Razgriz417

psn: hawkian

add me add me

edit: I missed that moa stuff. glorious

PSN: roofelme

Got my White PS4 preordered.

Adding. Expect to see a Space_Bowser request. My better half got Destiny for his birthday, so I'll be playing too.

So does this mean the thread will now be: Destiny on PS4 (waiting for SAB to come back)?

Pretty sure I just got a nosebleed from trying to figure out how to navigate Bungie's site and set a clan. Either the site or me is broken.

nataku

PSN annoys the shit out of me. I'm trying to update my card info and it keeps telling me to enter a valid card number. It won't accept either the old card that was on there, but with the updated expiration date, or another credit card.

Too bad, Sony. I was just about to cave and buy Destiny for my PS4, too.

Thorgal

PSN annoys the shit out of me. I'm trying to update my card info and it keeps telling me to enter a valid card number. It won't accept either the old card that was on there, but with the updated expiration date, or another credit card.

Too bad, Sony. I was just about to cave and buy Destiny for my PS4, too.

Get a PSN card .

Much easier and i feel safer without my CC info on the system .

I have refreshed my tolerance of the gem store after looking into the monetization structure in archeage over the weekend and being reminded how good we have it.

Same. I went F2P crazy over the last few months (for work) and the Gem store remains the most unoffensive microtransaction system I could find.

I know there were people who got the entire sets when they were new, I. e. they already have the whole collection. but yeah, I wouldn't call it realistically possible to get a full set even at one ticket each. in general that category is

One of the rewards from finishing collections is black lion tickets, so perhaps it'll be slightly easier to get BL skins? We don't exactly know how many BL tickets are in the collection rewards bucket.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
One of the rewards from finishing collections is black lion tickets
woah, word? is this in that video? maybe I need to check that out

dinklage peter dinklage peter dinklage peter dinklage

Did you add me Kanik you should add me

woah, word? is this in that video? maybe I need to check that out

When he was looking at one of the collections panels, didn't catch which one, it listed the reward as 5 Black Lion Tickets, or it might have been Scraps, not entirely sure.

I saw the vid... the reward for black lion weapon skins are... black lion ticket scraps still? lol

I suspect other collections will also reward scraps then. But I agree, that is a bit derp - to give ticket scraps for getting all BL weapons, or perhaps that's just a certain set of BL weapons?

nataku

He hovered over one of them and clicked on another, but from the icon you cold see it was claim tickets as well.

5 claim tickets for Wintersday weapons
7 for Dragons Jade weapons

I'd imagine it's similar for other BL weapon collections.

Morokh

Aaaaaand BL weapons will go up in price, just what we needed .......

Really really hope that the spoon collection isn't the only 'fun' collection in this patch ....

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a related note, no mention of adjusting personal story level... so I guess key farming is still intact?

Aaaaaand BL weapons will go up in price, just what we needed .......

Really really hope that the spoon collection isn't the only 'fun' collection in this patch ....

BL weapon skins going up in price come with an inherent risk for sellers now - Anet could bring back the skins to be worth 1 ticket instead of 5 tickets again at any time, and making collections like these is a good excuse to bring these skins back to be on sale.

nataku

vbJdlvD.jpg

BraXzy

Sod it, a bunch of my buddies are grabbing Destiny on the X1 so I suppose I can give Bungie the benefit of the doubt and have a go with it :)

That BL skin collection tab will hopefully make my Ley Line investment worthwhile.. maybe?

Hedge

Those new skins you get for 18 ascended armour pieces look.. interesting. I like their prismatic effects, but I don't really appreciate the fact that their silhouette looks so much like both fractal weapons and zenith weapons.

So my game time will probably drop significantly for the next couple weeks because of Tales of Xillia 2 and Destiny. But I'll still be on! My thief is 67 and I really want to get her to 80 soon.

So they did nerf key farming? Is that the overall consensus on this? Weak.

I really hate that you only can get them through buying them with real cash.

Levyne

Banned

All signs seem to point to yes. But obviously we will get true confirmation tomorrow.

The idea of key-farming seems boring as sin to me and it's not something I anticipate ever ever doing, but it's still a change that's hard to defend when put on top of attaching rewards to collecting the BL skins.

If it was (or ends up being for those particular sets) just achievement points, I would be more fine with it. But if they tie some other reward with the home instance to it...meeeeh.

I'm actually wondering if rangers ever finish their pokedex or are there some pets you knew you'll never use and ignore.

There aren't that many pets. I think I had all but 1 after map completing.

Those new skins you get for 18 ascended armour pieces look.. interesting. I like their prismatic effects, but I don't really appreciate the fact that their silhouette looks so much like both fractal weapons and zenith weapons.

Where did you see those new skins?

Shiokazu

since august i wasnt home. i forgot to tell you guys about it.

connection here is not the best to play a MMO, maybe in mid september i will be back on playing.

BraXzy

X1 Booooo

boooo X1

Don't boo me :(

Like I said, I'll end up picking a PS4 when I can afford it. I'd probably get a white one.. but then it'd stand out like a sore thumb amongst my black Xbox's and Wii U.

What's the "Treasure Hunt" achievement for? The spoon thing?

Grudy

Pretty sure the jumping puzzle in mount maelstrom is my new favorite location in the game. I was just running around on my guardian trying to get to Arah when I killed a couple of enemies in an event and opened a portal to this secret place. The place felt really peaceful and serene (especially with all the chaos in the map) and it helps that the JP was pretty fun and needed a bit of exploration.

Sorry no screenies :( it was late at night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

well... obviously you know this is possible, but the only keys I've ever bought were from buying gems with gold.
since august i wasnt home. i forgot to tell you guys about it.

connection here is not the best to play a MMO, maybe in mid september i will be back on playing.
look forward to having you back!

Don't boo me :(

Like I said, I'll end up picking a PS4 when I can afford it. I'd probably get a white one.. but then it'd stand out like a sore thumb amongst my black Xbox's and Wii U.

What's the "Treasure Hunt" achievement for? The spoon thing?
dunno, doubt it's the spoons.
Pretty sure the jumping puzzle in mount maelstrom is my new favorite location in the game. I was just running around on my guardian trying to get to Arah when I killed a couple of enemies in an event and opened a portal to this secret place. The place felt really peaceful and serene (especially with all the chaos in the map) and it helps that the JP was pretty fun and needed a bit of exploration.

Sorry no screenies :( it was late at night.
You must mean the Hidden Garden. I love the other puzzle in Maelstrom too.

Katoki

So if I saw correctly the other day, the TP will show the account name of the people doing buy and sell listings? Because then I can't undercut myself by a few copper each time to make it look legit if my name shows up for the entire list.

GAFGuild is down again; guild is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom