• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bossing at Chateau Versailles
LF8m1YN.jpg

Hedge

Can anyone recommend me a great sword skin to go with my guardian? I'm using the standard red ascended skin at the moment, but I want something a bit more low-key and elegant.

YtmjFdJ.jpg

Can anyone recommend me a great sword skin to go with my guardian? I'm using the standard red ascended skin at the moment, but I want something a bit more low-key and elegant.

http://www.imgur.com/YtmjFdJ.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I would say Cobalt, but it isn't very low-key while wielded. It would look good on your back though!

Retro

Bossing at Chateau Versailles

Cannot.

Unsee.

Teletubby Afro... (thanks Callunah!)

fly2kmkr4.jpg

Will Wheaton has really let himself go.

Crap, can't unsee Wil Wheaton with an afro now either.

Along the lines of that armor dye?

Human Tier 1 ("Krytan") or Tier 3 ("Seraph) might be decent;

Zodiac might look really good too, but that's gonna be a tad pricy.

I would say Cobalt, but it isn't very low-key while wielded. It would look good on your back though!

Could always get Ebonblade, it's the same model as Cobalt except it has a gold guard and grey blade instead of being blue;

Complistic

You can preview every single weapon on your character if you just go to your bank collection tab and start right clicking them. Even if you don't have the skins unlocked.

Retro

but but... the best part is the extra orb at the top... making him look like a wayward Teletubby!!!

Oh, you're absolutely right. I fixed it!

Oh man, I totally forgot about the Krytan skins. I think I'll go with that, thanks. :)

After a decade of MMOs where every weapon / armor pieces is gaudier than the next, the Krytan skins tend to be my go-to skin since they're fancy, but still fairly realistic. The Ebon Vanguard skins are pretty good too, but they wouldn't really go with your dye choices (they're Charcoal and Sand-colored)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lionguard skins are cool for more grounded weaponry. And the CM stuff if you want Seraph + a little gold. love the shield.

Minamu

Since we're talking about previewing skins, is there a smart way to unlock them? I've been going through the TP for chestpieces and boots for my account but even before reaching the 70+ gear, I'm already a few gold back (which is a lot for my character still :/ ). I suppose one could look up where the items drop or something and hope for the best fighting random critters?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Since we're talking about previewing skins, is there a smart way to unlock them? I've been going through the TP for chestpieces and boots for my account but even before reaching the 70+ gear, I'm already a few gold back (which is a lot for my character still :/ ). I suppose one could look up where the items drop or something and hope for the best fighting random critters?
Lots are available for badges in WvW.

edit: Not saying this is "a smart way to unlock them," but it's worth seeing what there is that you're missing.

So, just to make sure, I searched around and it seems these are both 'no'

1) Turn off quest tracking (personal story and dailies)
2) A way to 'inspect' a player

I have my Elite skill at level 32ish with my new Warrior but I noticed people mentioning that it unlocks now at 40? I'm unable to login until I get home but I assume that since I already had the skill they wouldn't "re-lock" it, I wasn't here for any patches like this (or already had my character at 80) so not sure what expected behavior is. It seems that even the Utility skills may not all be unlocked until level 35.

I tried reading the main forum but holy shit, that place is as bad as WoW forums after a patch. It just depresses me and starts tainting my view of the game ... LOOK AWAY!

Jira

Do note that this is the first scheduled downtime the game has had in 13 months. Prior to that it was at launch a couple times during the first week to do server work. So all told, actual scheduled downtime for GW2 is something like 10 hours in 2 years?

Grudy

Do note that this is the first scheduled downtime the game has had in 13 months. Prior to that it was at launch a couple times during the first week to do server work. So all told, actual scheduled downtime for GW2 is something like 10 hours in 2 years?

It really made me forget how bad weekly server maintenance was in other games (I played maplestory for a couple of years and they had one every Wednesday that could go on from 1 to 10 hours ._. Not to mention the weekly crash of EUW servers in LoL) I dunno if other new or old games have the same server uptime as gw2 but it's really impressive.

Jira

It really made me forget how bad weekly server maintenance was in other games (I played maplestory for a couple of years and they had one every Wednesday that could go on from 1 to 10 hours ._. Not to mention the weekly crash of EUW servers in LoL) I dunno if other new or old games have the same server uptime as gw2 but it's really impressive.

GW2 has the best uptime of any game in the industry. The only other game that compares is Path of Exile which uses a similar system, but their downtime is 2 min for every patch where as GW2 has none 99% of the time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I submitted the request for us to adopt a dev.
We wouldn't have much to show them as a guild in terms of WvW.
"having much to show them" wasn't really specified as a criteria, but at least a few of us will be participating in the tournament so I don't think it could really hurt.

Katoki

They changed the font!

"having much to show them" wasn't really specified as a criteria, but at least a few of us will be participating in the tournament so I don't think it could really hurt.

I felt that we generally don't do enough to make much of an impression on their time except for chatting with us when they're online.

Thorgal

Out of curiosity , what is the incentive to adopt a dev ?

I mean apart from being able to say we Have one ?

i don't think they are allowed to even give a whisper on what they are working to the guild .

So apart from being able to talk to a dev ( and in my case i will only see him as just another member , which is probably what they want also ) and imagining the funny image of seeing devs as a collectible , what' am i missing ?

Katoki

Out of curiosity , what is the incentive to adopt a dev ?

I mean apart from being able to say we Have one ?

i don't think they are allowed to even give a whisper on what they are working to the guild .

So apart from being able to talk to a dev ( and in my case i will only see him as just another member , which is probably what they want also ) and imagining the funny image of seeing devs as a collectible , what' am i missing ?

This is for them to fight with you during the tournament I assume and for whatever time they're still dispatched after that. It's up to them whether or not to stay I figure but the main focus was to have them with your guild out in WvW to see the trials and tribulations rather than create things that we as players don't care for/don't want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom