• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

what is that a steam group? is there a steam group?

I think there are various groups through the DestinyGAF clan thread? I need to look into it myself.

Speaking of Steam, after over a week, I have finally had a Valve rep sort my account out so it is no longer locked, wahoo!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
what is that a steam group? is there a steam group?

It's on Bungie.net, there's a "GAF" alliance with GAF groups divided by east/west/europe. With each group supporting up to 100 each and when the game launches you can assign the group you're in as your clan.

There are no known perks to it that I know of, other than having a GAF tag on your name. You can't look up clan members in-game, etc. So it appears to be pointless seeing as how this is an active forum so no need to have another forum to go to. But I might be wrong about it not having any other benefits / they may have announced something since the beta.

Seil

It's on Bungie.net, there's a "GAF" alliance with GAF groups divided by east/west/europe. With each group supporting up to 100 each and when the game launches you can assign the group you're in as your clan.

There are no known perks to it that I know of, other than having a GAF tag on your name. You can't look up clan members in-game, etc. So it appears to be pointless seeing as how this is an active forum so no need to have another forum to go to. But I might be wrong about it not having any other benefits / they may have announced something since the beta.

There are achievements that require doing things with clanmates. There may be some actual in-game incentives for playing with your clan but I can't recall hearing of such.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I DONT CARE I WANT IT

Jira

Bungie are making a lot of mistakes that have already been seen in the MMO genre and they really should have paid more attention to history. As it stands, they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with an absolute lack of communication tools and forcing players who want to raid to know every single person they want to raid with beforehand. Good luck putting together a group of randoms when all you can do is point, dance, and sit for communication. Actually, this is going to turn into baseball signals. So to say you're LFG for a raid, you'll point, point, sit, dance, point.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Bungie are making a lot of mistakes that have already been seen in the MMO genre and they really should have paid more attention to history. As it stands, they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with an absolute lack of communication tools and forcing players who want to raid to know every single person they want to raid with beforehand. Good luck putting together a group of randoms when all you can do is point, dance, and sit for communication. Actually, this is going to turn into baseball signals. So to say you're LFG for a raid, you'll point, point, sit, dance, point.

They're not having match making for raids, right? The owner of GW2LFG.com has a new market.

BraXzy

Why was your account locked? Did it have something to do with that phishing website you gave your password to?

Yup. I feared I'd got a keylogger so I didn't think changing my Steam pass would do all that much so I insta-locked my account so nothing could be transferred/bought. Once I did extensive checks on my system and felt safe with it I submitted a ticket to get it back to normal. I still had access to the account, just couldn't do a whole lot with it.

Two of the things that most irritated me as far as the social aspect goes, at least from my Beta impressions, is that 1) There is no proximity chat, obviously there are reasons for and against and 2) Inviting someone in game to your fireteam makes them have to reload into the map and run back to you from start. Dunno if either of those have been changed?

Aquila

kwdEuU3.gif

Oh dear, I hope his alts haven't infiltrated the rest of the clans. Kos Luftar is 9 letters, PSN online is 9 letters, game releases 9/9, Game Is Ded....

Mxrz

IoJ is a dirty server. They've botted a mesmer at water gate all day. It is a little annoying. If dungeon explots can get people banned, so should this.

leng jai

There definitely feels like there's a lot of artificial hype surrounding Destiny. Personally I was starting to get bored of by the end of the beta but they was probably due to the limited content.

It'll do a lot better than Titanfall though that's for sure.

Retro

I think perhaps the appeal of Destiny is that it's basically Bungie getting a 'do over' on Halo without Microsoft or "those 343 guys who fucked it all up" involved. People really wanted Halo 4 to be amazing and it was .... um... not.

Katoki

Have they been online lately though? Everyone I do recognize I haven't seen in almost "forever."

Edit: Went and read the post. I don't think we have WvW devs though, so we'd still have to go through that application so to speak.

Retro

I saw the adopt-a-dev post for WvW. How many Devs are in our Guild already? No one has to mention any names.

Five that we know of, though three rarely represent.

Have they been online lately though? Everyone I do recognize I haven't seen in almost "forever."

Edit: Went and read the post. I don't think we have WvW devs though, so we'd still have to go through that application so to speak.

No, no WvW-specific devs. I'm happy with the devs we've got though =p

As for them being on, they're usually around on update days. Without naming names, I see two of them on ALL the time, on their personal accounts. One is also on semi-often, but usually has to duck out if his kid wakes up.

Levyne

Banned
Having issues loading the game and the wiki at the moment. Probably just a short thing but figured I'd say something here.

Mxrz

Yeah. There's an issue. Might not be GW2 specific, seems a lot of websites aren't loading. * Told when this stuff happens, capping/writing down/reporting the specific GW2 error code can be helpful.

Destiny killed the internet, maybe.

Aquila

I relented to the hype and inevitable disappointment and got the digital guardians edition on PS3. Hopefully it'll work on PS4 soon and I'll have Plus by then. PSN is Aquila_Red

What's the collection thing about world boss drops? Gchat was talking about it but I had to scram.

Morokh

What's the collection thing about world boss drops? Gchat was talking about it but I had to scram.

One of the achievements requires you to collect a wide range of items from karma blues to ascended trinkets and other non 'gear' stuff.

In this wide range of items are exotic trinkets that only drop when you do world bosses / Orr temples.

It'll certainly give value back to those items (since they are usually traded for less than a gold on the TP), thus making participating in those events a little more 'rewarding' even if you already have them.
We just have to hope they wont completely skyrocket otherwise we'll have to rely on good ol' RNG ......

Mxrz

It would be nice for me if the Ascended armor collection worked with any sets (two heavies) but I get why its one of each weight class.

I have the materials to make light and medium sets. Just not so sure which set to commit to. None of my alts see much use in pve, so zerk doesn't seem like a good idea. Most of them are in transmuted cultural armors too. First-World-mmo-problems.

Morokh

So for those that don't know, the TP API was released today and with that people already implemented TP prices on the wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Iron_Ore

Look on the right side.

Nice !

On another note, items required for the collection achievement I was talking about earlier :

Symbol of the inquest :
http://www.gw2tp.com/item/39472-symbol-of-the-inquest
from less than 1G to more than 40 in one day.

Ulgoth's Tail :
http://www.gw2tp.com/item/39473-ulgoths-tail
4g to 150, spiking over 200.

can't remember all the others, but well I guess it's the same.

Way to ruin a good idea ! (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

Proven

So I haven't posted in this thread for months... I haven't even been lurking like I usually do. But the Feature Pack is almost upon us and I just went through my materials savings to go ahead and get 100g and grab a Commander's icon, finally. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to play enough for a while to ever see 300g.

And while I was all excited for the new WvW season last weekend, while writing this post I just realized that I'm going on a trip this Friday morning, meaning I'm going to miss the opening. Oy vey...

Anno

One of the achievements requires you to collect a wide range of items from karma blues to ascended trinkets and other non 'gear' stuff.

In this wide range of items are exotic trinkets that only drop when you do world bosses / Orr temples.

It'll certainly give value back to those items (since they are usually traded for less than a gold on the TP), thus making participating in those events a little more 'rewarding' even if you already have them.
We just have to hope they wont completely skyrocket otherwise we'll have to rely on good ol' RNG ......

On the plus side I'm now much more excited to actually do these events because the items are now worth something. More rare drops off of specific events would be good, I think.

Edit: Could've sworn I quoted your second post. Oh well, same deal.

Are the new achievements panel account-wide?

EDIT: Clarification, are the new achievements like 0/25 "Trash Collection" or w/e, across all characters or is it tied to each specific character?

Retro

Are the new achievements panel account-wide?

EDIT: Clarification, are the new achievements like 0/25 "Trash Collection" or w/e, across all characters or is it tied to each specific character?

Achievements are account wide, unless they're suddenly changing how they've worked for years.

Achievements are account wide, unless they're suddenly changing how they've worked for years.

OK, I figured. Was just double checking. I wonder what achieves will trigger for my 80 Guardian (if any) that I played a lot at launch.

For those that have played since launch I could see how this is underwhelming (and somewhat disappointing) for a "Feature Patch" but the (not so) little things like the Trading Post filters/additions and a REAL COMBAT LOG (holy shit!) is wonderful.

My girl is hooked, she found crafting! She's already a level ahead of me =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom