• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some reason the GAF LLAMA SQUAD isn't getting my emails:

We are going to be in Pool 2 on Saturday, September 13:

Pool 2 (1:30pm EDT / 10:30am PDT)
- Europe and Asia
- Non Verbal Persuasion
- Volks World
- Team Mini Llama
- DOOMBLADE GLADIATORS
- GAF

That means I need everyone in the GAF LLAMA SQUAD to be online by 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT on Saturday so I can give them the final roster for the qualifier matches we are going to play. If you're not online by then, I'll have to bring in a sub and you might miss out on your llama if we win.

As a reminder, here is the team and subs:

Team:
-------
Lump - LumpOfCole.4701
Hawk - Hawkian.6580
Adriaaa - leng jai.2961
Kanik - Kanik.5471
Eileen - TheBobLobLawBlog.6184

Sub List:
--------
Molkar - IHazSoup.6458
Ashodin - Ashodin.7604

TrounceX

Ded guild.

ded gaem

I say this as I'm just waking up, having completely reversed my sleep schedule in preparation for Season 3. Took Monday off work too. Going to be playing from 12 midnight to 12 noon Friday / Saturday / Sunday. I predict whoever wins this weekend will win the tournament.

#dedication
#Beastgate

Levyne

Banned
ded gaem

I say this as I'm just waking up, having completely reversed my sleep schedule in preparation for Season 3. Took Monday off work too. Going to be playing from 12 midnight to 12 noon Friday / Saturday / Sunday. I predict whoever wins this weekend will win the tournament.

#dedication
#Beastgate

Go get em, trounce :)

Ashodin

I'm all in some WVW tomorrow night (and for the whole tournament). I want to be riding Golems like mechs son.

Reddit post: (trials a'comin)

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial - register link.
Accidentaly found. Didn't see announcemnt, so i post it here.
Edit: it seems that Anet removed this page. But if you want to play, just consider that they would announce free weekend soon and it would still happen on 25 of September. Cheers.

Retro

I hope the Mad kings tower jp makes a return.

Having never experienced it , i am fully prepared to lose my sanity .

It's so bad, but it can never be as truly horrific as it was that first year, when they didn't scale everyone down to the same size. Charr and Norn just completely blocked everyone else out with their big fat asses. I remember rolling a charr just to do the JP and dyeing his armor bright orange so I wouldn't lose him in the mad dash.

Ashodin

It's so bad, but it can never be as truly horrific as it was that first year, when they didn't scale everyone down to the same size. Charr and Norn just completely blocked everyone else out with their big fat asses. I remember rolling a charr just to do the JP and dyeing his armor bright orange so I wouldn't lose him in the mad dash.

Go to sleep old man!

Morokh

From the same guy, pre- Feature Pack but still semi related; http://whyigame.wordpress.com/2014/...one-sure-will-try-collecting-them-all-anyway/

The first three paragraphs there are a must read, so... one more excerpt;

I totally see why you like it, if you or Hawkian would have posted that I would totally have believed it was from one of you :p

It's a nice post and certainly a nice way to view the game that some people may want to read, but it is one way among many even among the people that play GW2 because it isn't WoW.

It's funny that you would put your focus on the three first paragraphs, because, the way he explains things in his whole post, they are the ones I particularly have a problem with, more specifically the third one.

They don’t give much thought on just how much this new stuff might imbalance or invalidate the old stuff. They don’t care, the designers better have figured it all out beforehand, because players will be players and will optimize towards the most efficient path, and WoW has already shown that the way ahead is to just say ‘fuck the old stuff’ and pile on the new shiny on the next rung of the ladder to keep climbing forward. New players? I guess we better just fast-forward them past all the old bad stuff so they can catch up. Instant level 90, here we come.

First there is this :
They don’t give much thought on just how much this new stuff might imbalance or invalidate the old stuff. They don’t care, the designers better have figured it all out beforehand,

I mean, should they ?
Strip things out of the passion we have of the game, the affection we might have for the people who make them, and the belief that rudely ranting about everything will make things change our way, reduce it to it's simplest form, and well ..... that's how it's supposed to work.

Of course in reality there is more nuance to it as player feedback should, can, and has proven to be part of a constructive way to further improve a game, but still.

Then the parallel he tries to make about WoW just doesn't make sense to me, and almost gives the impression that he is implying that additional content is bad.

The main things about WoW that makes new content immediately make the old one obsolete is the way the game is designed, with the gear treadmill, and the level cap that always goes up.

With GW2 that's not even an issue, horizontal progression, and scaling pretty much entirely prevents all this, and adding something just adds to the pile of 'possible things to do'

His comment about forwarding players to level 90 and forgetting about new players is even worse for the same reasons, the differences in design between the two games doesn't make that comparable at all.

The only way that there is a similarity is when GW2 introduces 'temporary' content, because that makes it content to be absolutely played right now, pushing everything else in the background ( for a time ).

Implying that new content might be bad is wrong, as is saying that GW2 hasn't received any new content since launch, since there has been new content added to the game like any other (if not more),

And that's where ANet is in a weird position right now, they did their homework and brought content to the game with LS1, but yeah now most of it is gone which kind of makes the complaints about the lack of content .... accurate in a way.

LS2 tries to fix this, but a) it's bound to be shorter and b) we're only halfway through.
It has still yet to prove to the players that it can be a meaningful way to bring new content to the game in a permanent way.

As a result i'd be perfectly willing to believe that players tend to have 'twisted' high hopes when there is a feature pack on the way, because 'it's not LS, it must be good' , the whole emphasized even more by how 'big' for pretty much everyone the first one was.
I certainly know I was in some way.

Strazyplus

gw22014-09-1120-22-224brn3.jpg

Levyne must be rubbing off on me .

I am startinto really like ranger .

We need a Rifle Squad... I really need to get back into GW2... but just hates playing alone.
kinda have a feeling its gonna be filled with char... :p

So what's with the PVP push? I remember back when the game started and we were hitting 80 only me and a couple other people were really doing it at all (and it was a cluster!) .. not WvWvWvW but the small scale PVP stuff.

Unfortunately I left the game right as everything was starting to ramp up for other reasons but is there a strong PVP presence in the guild? I HAS QUESTIONS!

EDIT: I loved the first Halloween, didn't get to see the second but lurked in the thread and forums. Do we have any insight about what they'll be doing this year?

Thorgal

We need a Rifle Squad... I really need to get back into GW2... but just hates playing alone.
kinda have a feeling its gonna be filled with char... :p
Just for future reference , if you want ( back ) into the guild and got kicked , just post your account name and someone will get you in.

as for rifle squad , i am all for it .

Strazyplus

Just for future reference , if you want ( back ) into the guild and got kicked , just post your account name and someone will get you in.

as for rifle squad , i am all for it .

Never was in the guild. I stopped playing before I became a member of NeoGAF.

But I will join when I get myself into GW2!

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
If for some reason the GAF LLAMA SQUAD isn't getting my emails:

We are going to be in Pool 2 on Saturday, September 13:

Pool 2 (1:30pm EDT / 10:30am PDT)
- Europe and Asia
- Non Verbal Persuasion
- Volks World
- Team Mini Llama
- DOOMBLADE GLADIATORS
- GAF

That means I need everyone in the GAF LLAMA SQUAD to be online by 1:00pm ET / 10:00am PT on Saturday so I can give them the final roster for the qualifier matches we are going to play. If you're not online by then, I'll have to bring in a sub and you might miss out on your llama if we win.

As a reminder, here is the team and subs:

Team:
-------
Lump - LumpOfCole.4701
Hawk - Hawkian.6580
Adriaaa - leng jai.2961
Kanik - Kanik.5471
Eileen - TheBobLobLawBlog.6184

Sub List:
--------
Molkar - IHazSoup.6458
Ashodin - Ashodin.7604

Should we like, play a match as a team beforehand to train? Or are we going in blind, guns blazing, hoping for some llama magic?

Also like how with carebear names like "team mini llama" present, we're up against DOOMBLADE GLADIATORS which is most likely a competitive pvp group. Wish there was a jumping puzzle tournament, GAF would sweep that.

Everyone hated me as I completed it on all 9 of my Norn. Good times.

Halloween 1 was great.

Halloween 2 was a steaming pile.

So its really a crap shot!

I missed Halloween 2, what did they do to make it crap?

spiritfox

Wow, Metrica's early hearts have been totally swapped around. It's pretty funny to see the inquest poison thingys and kelp beds on land now.

Am I the only one who likes the new levelling experience?

Taking my lvl 52 mesmer through the zones, everytime I level I get cool bags, and told when I get new trait points and everything, and combined with the traits being all over the world now, collection tab achievements, I have this feeling that all these things are adding up to a much more solid levelling experience.

Even if the 1-15 experience is watered down, it seems to me that the rest of the games levelling is really nicely streamlined now.

Am I the only one who likes the new levelling experience?

Taking my lvl 52 mesmer through the zones, everytime I level I get cool bags, and told when I get new trait points and everything, and combined with the traits being all over the world now, collection tab achievements, I have this feeling that all these things are adding up to a much more solid levelling experience.

Even if the 1-15 experience is watered down, it seems to me that the rest of the games levelling is really nicely streamlined now.

I was level 37(ish) when the patch was implemented and I look forward to leveling MUCH more now. I've gotten some great gear I choose from, the shinies that shiney up my screen ... it's just nice.

I even lean over when I hear my girl's level going to see her screen.

I honestly don't see the fuss but I guess it's game ending and Anet has lost its way and they should be disgusted with their actions. I think most of it stems from the mindset of "THIS is what we get? Where's the content for people who aren't leveling?!?". And that I understand. But latching on the leveling experience from 1-40 and berating every action has caused me to stop visiting the GW2 forums and to unsubscribe from the subreddit.

On my Guardian who was level 80 a couple weeks after launch I don't even remember hitting levels. I'd look up and be like "oh shit, I'm level 64".

Thorgal

To LLama squad , i only got one thing to say :

Hey0HY0.gif

Llamas ! Ready your breakfast and eat hearty... For tonight, we dine in the mist !

Retro

First there is this :

Before I dig in and respond to your post, how familiar are you with World of Warcraft and WoW-type MMOs? It will cut down on a lot of volume if I can just rattle off the main points without a lot of explanations (which I'm happy to do, I just don't want to go to all of the trouble if you're just nodding your head saying "Yeah, I know, you don't need to tell me."

I don't suppose there is a spectator way to watch these matches is there? Seems that any good PVP game should have this option.

There is and has been for a while, but to potential curb cheating they only allow "Authorized Shoutcasters" access to the big tournament matches; http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectator_Mode

Morokh

Before I dig in and respond to your post, how familiar are you with World of Warcraft and WoW-type MMOs? It will cut down on a lot of volume if I can just rattle off the main points without a lot of explanations (which I'm happy to do, I just don't want to go to all of the trouble if you're just nodding your head saying "Yeah, I know, you don't need to tell me."

was my first MMO, played it from open Beta to Cataclysm in full raid mode with some off periods, so I know it pretty well. Didn't go very far with other games in the same type though.

If any of you have an extra Smash Bros 3DS NA demo code that you want to give away, I'll make it worth your while with a pricey mini in exchange.

There is and has been for a while, but to potential curb cheating they only allow "Authorized Shoutcasters" access to the big tournament matches; http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spectator_Mode

I think lump may stream our match in any case

Sweet, would love to take a look. PVP was the big reason I got into GW2 but I never really had the time to fully give it a chance. Now stuff is a little less hectic and hopefully can get into a schedule.

For now enjoying PVE though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If we're going against another team that plays PVP casually and entered for the Llama like us, it should be a fun and even match.

If we go against a team of pros like the 'Europe and Asia' team in our bracket, this is what tomorrow is going to be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsVeLebEQ1U
yes there is great risk of massacre

but we shall fight!

For tonight's reset: are Zed or anyone else from our ranks planning on commanding a bit?

If not, everyone wvwing is of course encouraged to go off and do whatever they feel like, but I'll also be running a casual-friendly Havoc-with-Benefits squad and looking for numbers for that if anyone is interested.

I asked in game yesterday but didn't get much info. What is a [Redeye Maul]?

The only reference I find is in the Patch Datamine info and this here:

Redeye Maul Redeye Maul
Masterwork
A mysteriously light and well-balanced weapon that seems malleable to your wishes. Double-click to choose what form it should take.
Account Bound

Mines yellow though. Just wondering what it is, does it just create a weapon? I think I'll wait to 80 to "use it" so hopefully it's not level restricted.

Callunah

Neo Member
yes there is great risk of massacre

but we shall fight!

For tonight's reset: are Zed or anyone else from our ranks planning on commanding a bit?

If not, everyone wvwing is of course encouraged to go off and do whatever they feel like, but I'll also be running a casual-friendly Havoc-with-Benefits squad and looking for numbers for that if anyone is interested.

Defintely planning on being in wvw.. where and with whom is yet to be decided...will see whos commanding when i log in later. Anyone is welcome to join, of course!

Moondrop

Banned
Since Lump started the off-topicness: I'm a Nintendo fanboy by experience, if not posting history. I didn't know until today that 2DS =/= original DS. Now I'm going to go buy one so I can play the Smash demo next week.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All are welcome for my WvW group, but if you wanna come prepared some, bring:

-A level 80 character if you have one
-Soldier's (PVT) armor if you have it
-All the swiftness and might generation you can muster
-Any movement speed options you've got
-Immobilizes and CC (knockback, launch, stun, etc.)
-A thirst for blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom