• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

So me and Retro have spent the past god knows how long getting my gear to look epic and if I may say so myself, I think we've done a pretty good job. So thank you (and your wife) very much for all your input on skins and dyes haha!

jgczYjL.jpg

XkxJUKS.jpg

nC8hnr6.jpg

And if that wasn't scary and ominous enough, look at how terrifying the back piece is!

http://i.imgur.com/BHEpyUe.jpg

Retro

It turned out awesome, if I may say so. Definitely made the right call with the red, I think that initial Tea Shade / Iron combo would have just been too dark.

They one for the Electrify on Golem still too many people die at that fight lol...

Agreed. I think the next step should be a contra-colour, like neon green, that can flash in a rectangular shape when and where there's going to be a floor hazard in a few seconds.

So me and Retro have spent the past god knows how long getting my gear to look epic and if I may say so myself, I think we've done a pretty good job.

Looking pret~ty good.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Brax, that armor setup and dye is amazing! Well done all three of you.

I may need to get that gas mask now.

Holy crap, great work last night on FA BL. They must've woke up mad today because SBI BL and even BP BL are having FA swarming all over. Man, SBI needs some daytime manpower for 3 more days and we just might got this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We did it; we kept our borderland and put way points on ALL THREE FA keeps. If you guys have access to the private forums, the shots are posted in there. Stealing the imgur links from Erikkos for here though. I'm going to bed now.
wow, that's outstanding work. FA bay especially, that was just not happening last time I knocked on it.

Will be in the mists for an hour or two tonight for sure :) Might just go to BP BL and go for some ninja points again.

Thorgal

Thats the one .

I love this song .

Holy crap, great work last night on FA BL. They must've woke up mad today because SBI BL and even BP BL are having FA swarming all over. Man, SBI needs some daytime manpower for 3 more days and we just might got this.

At this time they must be so pissed that there Piss is boiling :p

That's a great song, I agree. Maybe there is hope for epic soundtracks even with no more Jeremy Soule? This really is one of the most memorable tracks I've heard in ages!

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think Leif Chappelle is better than Mr. Soule. As is already evident by Battle on the Breachmaker, Chapelle is just better at creating memorable lietmotifs in my book. Songs that don't all sound like "Phoning it in: Skyrim Edition".

Edit: Though I still think half the problem lay with GW2's music engine, the way it decides when and where to start/stop music, creates a lot of annoying repeating elements that make the music get old fast.

I am *dying* to hear the music being composed by Maclaine Diemer for Season 2 though, since it's 30 minutes using a live orchestra.

Lunar15

Gonna have to disagree with you Miktar. I actually don't love Soule in most games, but I found his GW2 soundtrack divine.

I think everyone takes it for granted now that we've heard everything over and over again, but Soule's stuff was stellar in GW2. Probably one of his best works, in my opinion.

The Great Wall Has Fallen

Saga of the Norn

Here be Dragons

Heritage of Humanity

Lief Chappelle has been perfectly fine though. I thoroughly enjoyed the music in the Bazzar. I'm excited to see what Maclaine Diemer does with an orchestra, though.

Trey

I liked GW2's soundtrack. Maybe it's because I never played Skyrim, but Jeremy Soule concocted a couple of jams for the game.

Directsong sucks though. The Soule brothers lose full marks for that - it's like they really don't want my money.

I seem to have stalled somewhat in both GW1 and GW2. In GW1, I'm not sure what to do next to increase my HoM points, that doesn't involve PvP, or doing the Underworld with other people. I finally have a full Discordway hero team set up, but not sure what to do with it. I'd like to earn some money so I can just buy the Tormentor and Destroyer weapons, but aside from DoA/UW runs, is there a good way to earn money?

In GW2, I'm done with the Festival meta, Gauntlet meta, the WvW Season 2 meta, and my 80s are Engineer, Elementalist, Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer.

I guess I could level the remaining two professions, Necro and Thief, but I'm not really feeling either. (both are in the 30s).

I'm 14,200 of 14,500 to the next AP chest, but I've no idea where to get another 300 AP from since I've done all the low-hanging non-grindy fruit.

I could work on finally getting a full Ascended armour for my Engineer, but I'm wary of what stat to go for. My current full exotic armour and full ascended trinkets are all Celestial, which I've enjoyed, but my experimentation with Zerk has certainly convinced me of the benefits of pure damage output, but I'm not convinced on the survivability. A downed or dead player does no DPS, and lag laughs in the face of players who think they can flawlessly dodge everything.

Any suggestions?

spiritfox

I seem to have stalled somewhat in both GW1 and GW2. In GW1, I'm not sure what to do next to increase my HoM points, that doesn't involve PvP, or doing the Underworld with other people. I finally have a full Discordway hero team set up, but not sure what to do with it. I'd like to earn some money so I can just buy the Tormentor and Destroyer weapons, but aside from DoA/UW runs, is there a good way to earn money?

In GW2, I'm done with the Festival meta, Gauntlet meta, the WvW Season 2 meta, and my 80s are Engineer, Elementalist, Guardian, Warrior, Ranger, Mesmer.

I guess I could level the remaining two professions, Necro and Thief, but I'm not really feeling either. (both are in the 30s).

I'm 14,200 of 14,500 to the next AP chest, but I've no idea where to get another 300 AP from since I've done all the low-hanging non-grindy fruit.

I could work on finally getting a full Ascended armour for my Engineer, but I'm wary of what stat to go for. My current full exotic armour and full ascended trinkets are all Celestial, which I've enjoyed, but my experimentation with Zerk has certainly convinced me of the benefits of pure damage output, but I'm not convinced on the survivability. A downed or dead player does no DPS, and lag laughs in the face of players who think they can flawlessly dodge everything.

Any suggestions?

What are you going to use that armor for? For PvE, Zerk rules over everything, but I like the extra survivability in WvW. Worse case, just make both sets.

What are you going to use that armor for? For PvE, Zerk rules over everything, but I like the extra survivability in WvW. Worse case, just make both sets.

Both sets? Ha ha. No. :p

I play 90% PvE. And 90% of the time when I see someone in Zerk, they're downed or dead. Sure, they did some nice burst before getting one-shotted, but I don't want to be one of those people.

I may just stay the course and stick with full Celestial.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-ready/

vcwG1wF.jpg

We’re happy to announce that the first episode of Living World Season 2 will kick off on July 1! The Festival of the Four Winds will continue until that date, so enjoy the festivities while they last!

Moondrop

Banned
Any suggestions?
Suggestions on which- how to get more AP or how better to use your time in GW2?

Assuming the former, you get a nice bushel of AP for completing the Personal Story for each race up to the point of joining an Order. And I don't know if you've already ruled it out for GW2 specifically, but sPvP is pretty generous with the AP. Especially if you play a variety of professions.

Suggestions on which- how to get more AP or how better to use your time in GW2?

Assuming the former, you get a nice bushel of AP for completing the Personal Story for each race up to the point of joining an Order. And I don't know if you've already ruled it out for GW2 specifically, but sPvP is pretty generous with the AP. Especially if you play a variety of professions.

Already got all the Personal Story AP, and quite a bit of PvP AP but I could probably get some more then if I play other professions, you're right. I'll see if the mood to PvP strikes me again, I've been avoid it for a bit because of reasons.

Levito

Banned
Any suggestions you guys would have for WvW? I honestly still haven't jumped into it yet, thinking of leveling up my Gaurdian that way to change things up a bit.

Shiokazu

a shot of a portal?

looks like some kind of... do you still have the coordinates miktar?

Any suggestions you guys would have for WvW? I honestly still haven't jumped into it yet, thinking of leveling up my Gaurdian that way to change things up a bit.

a soldier set never hurts anyone, trust me, i play elementalist in wvw.

buuuuuuuut you being guardian hmhmhmhm... do you want to DESTROY, OUTLIVE or CONSUME ( seriously people dont believe in the power of the burning guardian, but its so real... )

Vyrance

Well, as a Guardian myself, we're always very much needed in WvW, especially in larger group play. I know I have a lot of fun being the front line into an opposing force.

Wow. That is a long wait.

Looks like there is no doubt we will be going to Magumma Jungle. That portal doesn't look like the one across the broken bridge in Brisbane...or does it?

Just so you guys know you can thank me for this update, because earlier this morning I in-game mailed Peck and said "Can you please update guildwars2.com with information about when Living Story 2 Season will start. Thanks."

Looks like he listened.

nataku

Screenshot of a portal can only mean new zones.

July 1st is a Sunday.

Wonder if they will not be following the Tuesday release cycle. Hope there is a blog post regarding how season 2 will work. Is it still on a 2 week cadance?

Looks like Tuesday on my calendar.

Mxrz

Logged in late night to WvW. Roamed around. Immediately found a small group that partied me up and we took a few things, then we wp'd over and took FA's bay again. I really love small group play like that, and its one of many reasons I'm glad we didn't move up to gold.

ANet post a picture of a portal. Some goobers whine about "Why no new zone!!" wtf is wrong with these people.

im logging to search for it around, starting at brisban, THEN you guys can start speculating.

You do realize they could it add it with the patch, and not before, right? They could literally add in a fresh new portal.

Season 1 ended March 18th. We've only been without new Living World for like, three months, and people are already chomping at the bit. Lol.

Moondrop

Banned
Logged in late night to WvW. Roamed around. Immediately found a small group that partied me up and we took a few things, then we wp'd over and took FA's bay again. I really love small group play like that, and its one of many reasons I'm glad we didn't move up to gold.
Yesterday five of us split from from the main zerg at the commander's orders. With just five, we trebbed Hills from the front as a distraction while simultaneously sneaking in south gate with a golem for the cap. And this is T1 of Gold, for context.

Morokh

Ok, plenty of time to get all items but the minis and tonics (which I don't care about) and gather some gold to prepare !
(And maybe Eotm a character to 80 too :p)

Shiokazu

You do realize they could it add it with the patch, and not before, right? They could literally add in a fresh new portal.

Season 1 ended March 18th. We've only been without new Living World for like, three months, and people are already chomping at the bit. Lol.

:( still worthy a try, i mean, reasons to explore are never enough.

look what i just found at kessex hills:

iYhTz6v.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Wow. That is a long wait.

Looks like there is no doubt we will be going to Magumma Jungle. That portal doesn't look like the one across the broken bridge in Brisbane...or does it?

Just so you guys know you can thank me for this update, because earlier this morning I in-game mailed Peck and said "Can you please update guildwars2.com with information about when Living Story 2 Season will start. Thanks."

Looks like he listened.

Thank you based Kos.

I take it back; SBI BL so far is doing okay. FA's big guild (CL) doesn't seem to have ANY presence (yet), and they are usually swarming around this time to get a Waypoint in Hills. We have SBI BL well covered at the moment, and FA only seems to have a few roamers. Either they have given up or are plotting something.

Shiokazu

I take it back; SBI BL so far is doing okay. FA's big guild (CL) doesn't seem to have ANY presence (yet), and they are usually swarming around this time to get a Waypoint in Hills. We have SBI BL well covered at the moment, and FA only seems to have a few roamers. Either they have given up or are plotting something.

we are 20k points or so on the lead... they really can flip it?

wow, quite a bit of time between the festval and the start of season 2. Was hoping for at least something small each week till then. I guess this must be a rather large update then.

I suppose the good news is this is plenty of time to farm up tokens to buy pretty much everything I want from the festival this time around.

Portal shot makes me think new zones. Which, frankly, is more then welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom