• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the process of making a Charr Warrior and I can't decide on a name. I think I'll keep BraXzy since you all love that name so much
or at least alternative versions >.>
but I'm thinking do I go the title route or try and follow the Charr naming scheme.

Please please please call him Barax Charrbama

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Sheetz is the same thing down here in NC. Wawa and Sheetz intersect in VA, though. Sheetz is so fucking good, and it's open 24/7!

I must find a Publix.

It is illegal to Sheetz in Publix.

If you just keep reminding people that if Boom Boom's turret says anything higher than level 81, she's scaled up too far and people need to leave until the turret drops down in level again. I actually wish more bosses had such an easy visual indicator for scaling.

The other day I was in a Blitz, fighting Boom Boom, and the turret was at 82 or something. So I left the area and wrote in map chat, "We need a couple people to leave Boom. Her turret is 82."

Everyone left.

Yeah, let's, we'll say 7:30 PM pre-missions again

tN1ctev.gif

BraXzy

Hahaha I was really tempted to do that actually, just to make you happy Kos! But I went for something a bit more in line with the games lore :p

Either way I've only created it, I'm not playing on it yet. I'm guessing everyone is in WvW kicking butt?

Ashodin

I can't eat at any establishment named for the bathroom condition their food might induce. I will give VA points for having a really good breakfast joint in your old stomping grounds, but I have to remove points for being so miserably hot and humid. Air is not meant to be swam through, the whole Southern climate can just fuck right off with that

I feel ya, but my psoriasis hates it. Just dies right off to humid air. Winter is a bitch though.

I must find a Publix.

Publix uses Boars Head products, so people enjoy them but I honestly prefer the variety in Quiznos. Publix does have the best non-homeade sweet teas ever though. Their Peach Tea is the greatest of all time. It's the Muhammed Ali of teas. The Gretzky of Teas. The Anti-Kos of teas!

Ashodin

Publix uses Boars Head products, so people enjoy them but I honestly prefer the variety in Quiznos. Publix does have the best non-homeade sweet teas ever though. Their Peach Tea is the greatest of all time. It's the Muhammed Ali of teas. The Gretzky of Teas. The Anti-Kos of teas!

Oh boars head. I could just get some of that and make a sammich I guess.

WOO I feel like playing some tonight, maybe I'll see you jokers on

Lunar15

Where's a Quiznos? Don't see them anywhere around here.

I like Jimmy Johns as a quick, simple sub. It's not the best, but it works and I like their bread. Other than that, I go to local Italian delis for sandwiches with meats I can't pronounce.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where's a Quiznos? Don't see them anywhere around here.

I like Jimmy Johns as a quick, simple sub. It's not the best, but it works and I like their bread. Other than that, I go to local Italian delis for sandwiches with meats I can't pronounce.
I forgot about Jimmy John's. They have their own market because nobody else delivers. Good bread indeed.

Quiznos is everywhere, i bet there's a location somewhere near you, lol

Lunar15

I forgot about Jimmy John's. They have their own market because nobody else delivers. Good bread indeed.

Quiznos is everywhere, i bet there's a location somewhere near you, lol

There really is not. They pretty much disappeared in Palm Beach County.

spiritfox

I saw a Charrbama recently, so he's already too late.

Also, why is it in a world with Charr tanks and Asura Megalasers that the seige weapon of choice the humble Trebuchet? Pick it up humans, get some gunpowder weapons already.

VandalD

Bought this game during the half off sale in early May and just recently got the chance to finish downloading it and give it a good shot. Got a ranger up to about level 30 and I'm loving it. I'm trying my best not to absorb too much information that I couldn't get while just playing the game. It's led to some really surprising discoveries for me, like the jumping puzzles in Lion's Arch and Caledon Forest. A lot of the vistas have been fun to find the path to, and the skill point in Diessa Plateau on the southern wall was another cool thing to find in particular. I feel like I can't say enough good things about this game.

Bought this game during the half off sale in early May and just recently got the chance to finish downloading it and give it a good shot. Got a ranger up to about level 30 and I'm loving it. I'm trying my best not to absorb too much information that I couldn't get while just playing the game. It's led to some really surprising discoveries for me, like the jumping puzzles in Lion's Arch and Caledon Forest. A lot of the vistas have been fun to find the path to, and the skill point in Diessa Plateau on the southern wall was another cool thing to find in particular. I feel like I can't say enough good things about this game.

You sound like you belong in GAFGuild. Post your accountname.#### or Character Name and someone will add you to the guild.

We are in Stormbluff Isle Server (NA region).

Levyne

Banned
Man, I wanted to get back into this, but suddenly two and a half weeks pass and I haven't logged on. And I'm taking a 2 week trip soon which will also prevent that.

Maybe I'll be able to find time for Season 2.

Complistic

Sounds good. I've just started guesting on Stormbluff Isle. Name's Chrysu.

If you delete all your characters you can change your server for free. May want to consider it before you really delve into the game. Unless you're on another server for a specific reason.

VandalD

If you delete all your characters you can change your server for free. May want to consider it before you really delve into the game. Unless you're on another server for a specific reason.
I am on another server with a few friends. I wouldn't want to delete what I've done now anyway, but thanks for the tip.

Katoki

Got WvW meta, see you guys at the finish line. <3 SBI.

Edit:
1. Get meta
2. Assume someone else will win tournament so you can get rewards from placing well
3. ...
4 Profit!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What tier 3 boss would you consider easy for those gambit achievements? I still need 3 more to get Gauntlet Champion meta achievement.

BraXzy

Got WvW meta, see you guys at the finish line. <3 SBI.

Congrats, I'm so damn close but I don't think I'm going to manage it. I have 9/10 done with a couple quite close to completion. I either need to cap something like 14 reactors, 2 'castles in the sky' or increase my WvW rank by 8.

I'm out for the day on a trip to London today.. is there a specific time that it ends? Which would probably be the quickest to do?

Katoki

Congrats, I'm so damn close but I don't think I'm going to manage it. I have 9/10 done with a couple quite close to completion. I either need to cap something like 14 reactors, 2 'castles in the sky' or increase my WvW rank by 8.

I'm out for the day on a trip to London today.. is there a specific time that it ends? Which would probably be the quickest to do?

Oh, my bad. I was mocking the people who literally say that thinking someone else will win this for them so they can receive the meta rewards. I actually got my meta back during the first week because I primarily play WvW. PvE comes on the side.

We're down to a 1k lead which will no longer exist in an hour.

BraXzy

Oh, my bad. I was mocking the people who literally say that thinking someone else will win this for them so they can receive the meta rewards. I actually got my meta back during the first week because I primarily play WvW. PvE comes on the side.

We're down to a 1k lead which will no longer exist in an hour.

Oh haha. Damn that gap closed fast, FA have had majority in most parts of WvW. Does coming second mean we miss out on anything or is it still enough points?

Oh haha. Damn that gap closed fast, FA have had majority in most parts of WvW. Does coming second mean we miss out on anything or is it still enough points?
I don't really think Katoki cares about the rewards he just wants to beat FA.

Hope we can turn it around today.

If we come in second we will come in 5th overall because IoJs rating is now higher than ours. You get enough rewards to get a mistforged weapon but nothing else and the shame that we are now lower than IoJ and YB.

CrimsonN0

30 FA and 15 golems just took our garrison.
We are doing badly now.

All our own 15 golems were stationed in garrison too.
Only a 300 point lead now.

EDIT: We are now 200 points less then FA.

Katoki

I ultimately want our server to place well because it indirectly affects the server population and health. Winning means that people will want to come to us and more guilds mean that we have a bit more in terms of help. We also get to integrate these guilds into our community for better or worse which doesn't mean much outside of WvW now that we have mega servers. I mean, just look at Sanctum of Rall... they have mega servers for PvE but as a server they're not in as great of a place especially for WvW.

BraXzy

I don't really think Katoki cares about the rewards he just wants to beat FA.

Hope we can turn it around today.

If we come in second we will come in 5th overall because IoJs rating is now higher than ours. You get enough rewards to get a mistforged weapon but nothing else and the shame that we are now lower than IoJ and YB.

How do ratings work? If we've had a decent lead for a good while and we beat IoJ last week why have we got a worse rating?

Retro

The entire map is green. They're ticking for 640. They will have everything fully upgraded and there aren't enough people to stop them during the day. Too many commanders left early or didn't show at all, BP spent the entire night chasing SBI and ignoring FA entirely, harassing our BL while FA sat on all three keeps in their BL. What a fucking mess.

The entire map is green. They're ticking for 640. They will have everything fully upgraded and there aren't enough people to stop them during the day. Too many commanders left early or didn't show at all, BP spent the entire night chasing SBI and ignoring FA entirely, harassing our BL while FA sat on all three keeps in their BL. What a fucking mess.

I guess we will probably end up where we belong which is 5th if we can't get enough people today and tomorrow.

30 FA and 15 golems just took our garrison.
We are doing badly now.

All our own 15 golems were stationed in garrison too.
Only a 300 point lead now.

EDIT: We are now 200 points less then FA.

Hah, that's why golems need to be stationed in Citadel in a week like this.

svZyAHb.jpg

FA showed us today that their coverage can best our coverage during every hour of the day if they really push themselves. That, and with BP targeting us for their lolz, is just going to add up to a night like that.

I'm real concerned as to how our lackluster daytime numbers are going to retake our BL today.

Zeroth

I ultimately want our server to place well because it indirectly affects the server population and health. Winning means that people will want to come to us and more guilds mean that we have a bit more in terms of help. We also get to integrate these guilds into our community for better or worse which doesn't mean much outside of WvW now that we have mega servers. I mean, just look at Sanctum of Rall... they have mega servers for PvE but as a server they're not in as great of a place especially for WvW.

Thats the problem with megaservers right now. Since PvE doesnt matter for server picking anymore, theres no reason in not picking a WvW intensive server. I expect changes to the WvW structure to be announced after the tournament, otherwise we will end up with lots of SoRs.

spiritfox

Oh man FA is out in FORCE today. Any gains are immediately taken back, and their zergs totally crush whatever we have. The map is just full of green.

Atrophis

Damn this is so depressing. I'll be on as soon as I get home in three hours but don't expect much to have changed. Still need to finish my WvW meta.

Moondrop

Banned

Well, you must have a few options you left off, but let's deal with these. It's not Castles in the Sky- that's flipping Stonemist; your odds are low. The quickest is technically WvW rank; you could buy it with laurels right now. Barring that, this is still probably the go-to as you can just go in EotM and PvE it up without a specific plan. While in EotM you can try for the 14 reactors as well (but make sure you're looking at total completion and not tier completion).

Speaking of EotM, it amazes me how little I've played there. It's so beautiful, but it feels like PvE. I really want to party with GAF next time we're the same color; perhaps y'all can show me how to EotM properly.

spiritfox

Well, you must have a few options you left off, but let's deal with these. It's not Castles in the Sky- that's flipping Stonemist; your odds are low. The quickest is technically WvW rank; you could buy it with laurels right now. Barring that, this is still probably the go-to as you can just go in EotM and PvE it up without a specific plan. While in EotM you can try for the 14 reactors as well (but make sure you're looking at total completion and not tier completion).

Speaking of EotM, it amazes me how little I've played there. It's so beautiful, but it feels like PvE. I really want to party with GAF next time we're the same color; perhaps y'all can show me how to EotM properly.

EotM is basically just karma trains ahoy. Join the zerg and run with them until you run into a bigger zerg and die.

I want to get the WvW meta but the chance seems slim, especially since we can't really fight the green horde right now.

BraXzy

How many Laurels would be required for 8 levels?

How many Laurels would be required for 8 levels?

2 Laurels + 125 Badges per bought rank of WvW.

An easier way to gain 8 quick WvW ranks if you don't have enough of those currencies is to go to Edge of the Mists RIGHT when it resets and join the karma train that appears. Keep looking to the WvW window for when it says '0 minutes remain' for Edge of the Mists, then keep refreshing the window and go to EotM when it refreshes to '3 hours remain'

The EotM karma train (especially with either a birthday booster or WXP booster) is crazy fast ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom