• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-/ I'm sorry your experience was negatively affected, but if another guild is better suited to your desires there's nothing wrong with repping them instead. there have been ebbs and flows of attendance before and we couldn't control anything of the sort if we wanted to, which we don't. I personally will definitely be spending a lot more time in-game when S2 resumes, and just as I am thankful to the guild for allowing me to play the game as much or as little as I choose at a given time, we will never come close to insisting on a particular activity level or needing to rep a certain amount while logged in.

Erm, you..don't seem to have quite followed the argument's direction.

As mentioned, what will change the flow will be new content, and concern was expressed that due to the release window of said content, it'll most likely not have a large impact on activity (or at least not as large an impact as one could desire). Then Retro went SUPAH MARIO SON and we went in that direction.

Can't see why you'd mention not insisting on forced activity or rep, since those two conducts would go directly against some of the game's strengths. Heck, we (i) routinely mock recruiters that announce 100% rep on map. On top of that, there is good reason to believe that forcing people to play when they don't feel particularly inclined would only increase game fatigue, thus aggravating the problem. There is a limit to how much steak a person can eat before they don't wanna see it again for a while, after all.

Googling "a person can only eat so much" gave me this result for... some reason o_ô

Make no mistake, I appreciate your concern, tho <3

As for the Level 80 requirement for the Living Story, people demanded more endgame stuff, built for 80s. Now that we're getting that, the "What do you mean I have to be 80?!" pushback has been kind of amusing. Leveling in GW2 is almost too fast, so I don't really have any problem with the Living Story being set at max level (and since it's permanent, it's not like you can 'miss' it now too).

Have you seen anything in Dry Top that made you go "well, yes, this should probably only be available to 80's"?
Especially when compared to the complexity demanded from the fights in the Queen's Blitz?
I sure haven't =/

xeris

I can't say I like the trait system, but I don't dislike it either.
The other stuff mentioned I have no problem with at all.

Btw, I just got my 18th character to level 80. Wooh!

Almost caught up to me, although I think you have more toons rolled total. I stopped at 40 (one for every class race combo). Friend of mine has 52 but is way behind in the 80's. I think he has around 10. Should catch up to me pretty quick though since I barely play anymore.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man just in case my live-and-let-live approach to this game and videogames in general has caused anyone to think that I am incapable of salty rage, I would like to mention that I am seriously pissed off at how PSN has been operating for the past ~3 weeks. i don't know if any of you have PS4s and have been experiencing this too but holy shit. it's a subscription service and its functionality is currently less responsive than GameSpy was for me in 1997. sony is apparently electing not to even comment. just... what. ugh.

Retro

Have you seen anything in Dry Top that made you go "well, yes, this should probably only be available to 80's"?
Especially when compared to the complexity demanded from the fights in the Queen's Blitz?

I meant the Living Story chapters, which have been substantially harder than the Personal Story ones (Jira and I two-manned the first one and there were a few parts where we wiped). Dry Top isn't exactly hard, though some of the events would be absurdly confusing for new player, which is the point I was making.

Something like the Tower of Nightmares had to be fairly straight forward because anyone from ~25 or so could go in and do stuff. If it had been 80, I feel like there would have been more tricky combinations of enemies, more poison-oriented rooms, maybe more jumping portions, etc. because players with an 80 are better able to recognize those kind of changes because they've played more.

Spyware

Dyes look awesome. congrats!

edit: hyped for my second home, the Clock Tower, to return :D
Thank you! I care way too much about how my characters look :p

Clock Tower is amazing and fun and the muuuusic! <3

Almost caught up to me, although I think you have more toons rolled total. I stopped at 40 (one for every class race combo). Friend of mine has 52 but is way behind in the 80's. I think he has around 10. Should catch up to me pretty quick though since I barely play anymore.
Yeah I had stopped at 40 but well... I figured out some looks I wanted and no character I wanted to completely remake so 5 more it was!
I started with 15 characters (one armor class per race) and was happy with that for a year and a couple of months. Then I got money for 25 slots for my b-day last year. So I actually have 25 character b-days coming up at my own b-day in about three weeks. 25 more useless mini queens... yay! :D

Arcteryx

man just in case my live-and-let-live approach to this game and videogames in general has caused anyone to think that I am incapable of salty rage, I would like to mention that I am seriously pissed off at how PSN has been operating for the past ~3 weeks. i don't know if any of you have PS4s and have been experiencing this too but holy shit. it's a subscription service and its functionality is currently less responsive than GameSpy was for me in 1997. sony is apparently electing not to even comment. just... what. ugh.

Just be thankful you don't have Comcast AND PSN woes, because that would mean you'd have to venture out into the wilds for cd based copies of Compuserve.

But yea, I've been raging pretty hard at PSN lately too. Lets me get out some of my GW2 tPvP rage.

Mxrz

Yeah, burnout seems to have hit most of my guild/friends too. I wonder if WvW tournaments have an impact on population. Its 4-6 weeks of no other content updates, it exemplifies WvW issues, and then people are tired afterwards.

Anyway. I really wish GW2 had more sandbox elements. Looking over at other games, its hard not to be a little envious. Anything from housing to more involved crafting would be nice. Gardening would be interesting, even limited to preserve the value of some stuff like lemon grass.With all the hidden lakes and caves and stuff, its hard to believe the game doesn't have any sort of fishing system already. But I wonder if Sandbox stuff is even up for consideration, if possible at all within the engine.

Someone told me WvW is the evolution of the FA I keep harping on. Maybe. But the maps are so huge and the fights so spread out that it feels like a lot more work to get to the good stuff. I could que up for FA, get in, and the fight was 4-5 seconds from the spawn point. Win or lose, the next match was only a few minutes away.

Levyne

Banned
What's FA?

"Fort Aspenwood" was a cool little pvp map in guild wars 1. Specifically, it and "Jade Quarry" were unique to the Factions campaign.

It was a cool set up since the two sides each had very different roles (basically it boils down to "attack" and "defense" I guess) and there were a lot of ways to contribute to the battle, and like Mrzazsxaz says they were pretty brief battles. I wish I could be more detailed but it has been a while. I really liked the Alliance battles they added too. Factions had some really fun pvp types.

Back already from vacation in Mordor?

Nah, I was in Iowa. It's about in the middle of the continental US if you haven't heard of it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Hawk, don't forget to grab Payday: The Heist today for free on Steam.

(saw that it was on your wishlist)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I creep on Hawk's page 24/7.

TV3YZSp.png

BraXzy

I don't think the thread has slowed down this much, ever.

Anyone that joined guild this year, never experienced the previous Halloween events?

I hope the lack of my epic once in a lifetime dungeon trains of mass destruction haven't been part of that happening. I should hop on more but every time I get home I'm either stressing out over my university work or taking a break on Destiny, which is kinda getting old for me anyhow. All the same I'll hop on and poke people every now, and I'll definitely be checking out the continuation of living story.

As for Halloween, this'd be my first on GW2.

Have I missed any interesting happenings recently? Ya'll still missing me? Miss ya'll back <3

According to this http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2ji1se/halloween_2014_few_news_from_china/
(info about Halloween from GW2 China)

They are actually decorating current destroyed LA with Halloween decorations. The story might not moved forward too much but at least LA will look cool.

You guys that have not been part of any Halloween will really enjoy it I think.

There are screenshots you can click on that link if you want to see how it might look.

Lunar15

Would have been neat if a different city hosted the Halloween decorations this year. I was thinking that holidays could rotate between different cities. Oh well, definitely not a big deal in any way. I guess Lion's Arch needs some kind of fun in it, eh?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I forget, what's the schedule for the Halloween event?

Nonsense begins next week, and that's all fun and good...but how close to Halloween do we get to play
Mad King Says
?

I forget, what's the schedule for the Halloween event?

Nonsense begins next week, and that's all fun and good...but how close to Halloween do we get to play
Mad King Says
?

I'm pretty sure he will be at the Lion's Statue for 2 weeks and you can play Mad King says all the time.

When does S2 resume? I've been waiting for it to start up again to jump back in. Well, that and the Diablo3 and Destiny releases on PS4 have sucked up my free time.

Really? I just use it for the blast since 5 is more useful to me.

Now it will work like 5 but at the end you can push people back.

Warrior:
Mace, Crushing Blow will do 10 stack of vuln instead of 4. Tremor will attack 12% faster now.

Ranger for Point Blank (knock back attack) will have a better tell now. Purple shot so you can notice and dodge it.

Katoki

Now it will work like 5 but at the end you can push people back.

Warrior:
Mace, Crushing Blow will do 10 stack of vuln instead of 4. Tremor will attack 12% faster now.

Ranger for Point Blank (knock back attack) will have a better tell now. Purple shot so you can notice and dodge it.

Rapid fire increased to 7.5 seconds so that people can still complain about it!

Katoki

I have a feeling I'm going to forget about missions again and jump in an hour late only to find out that we just started and will get full AFK credit.

Guardian &#8211; Cooldown of Retreat reduced from 60s to 40s. Swiftness duration stays the same

Gods yes. This with superior aria...hnnng. Extra aegis every 32sec ftw.

That warrior mace buff is swag as heck too. Should prolly be able to keep 9-10vuln up consistently with ease now.

I'm now wondering how it is like to play GW2 in such low latency that dodging a point blank shot is feasible.

Shanlei91

Just saw the notes on reddit:

Ranger &#8211; Too many rangers using Longbow &#8211; We are adding a tell of the animation for the Point Blank skill and the projectile has a purple color to distinguish it from autoattacks.

Is this a real thing they covered? lol

Just saw the notes on reddit:

Is this a real thing they covered? lol

They joked about it.

Specifically talked about rangers using Point Blank followed by Rapid Fire. Everyone is doing it so they did something to Point Blank...

Also this is just a preview of changes, not the full list.

Shanlei91

Sooo what you're saying is - they know about how satisfying rapid fire is to use and I should hold off on making an ascended bow.

Gotcha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom