• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Or become the new Taylor Swift.

U2HDgHZ.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We have a weak triumvirate, Hawk, Retro and Ashodin.

Hawk and Retro, actually lead.
Ash just tells us about how much fun he is having playing other games.
oh, but I do that too sometimes :D it's your fault actually, gave me that beta key for destiny, such irresponsible

also, swelfies.

Retro

It's okay, my Pilikia Facepunch Project has me playing enough to make up for the Destiny / Archeage shenanigans. Level 42 in like, 2 days, I think. My level/hr is screwed up because I alt-tabbed to respond to the housing CDI.

Shiokazu

It's okay, my Pilikia Facepunch Project has me playing enough to make up for the Destiny / Archeage shenanigans. Level 42 in like, 2 days, I think. My level/hr is screwed up because I alt-tabbed to respond to the housing CDI.

DAMN i was talking to you this morning, i couldnt recognize you.

is there a way i can see directly the account names of people?

I don't think the thread has slowed down this much, ever.

Anyone that joined guild this year, never experienced the previous Halloween events?

You can use Superior Runes of the Flame Legion instead of scholar's or strength, btw. They cost peanuts and work out to the equivalent of 60% scholar uptime, +-

Could always just run EoTM on an alt for badges of honor. Alt takes the xp, main uses the badges.

Considerably cheaper than crafting too.

Thank you so much for these suggestions. I already had over 400 badges, letting me replace my rare shoulders and exotic healing power chest (I don't even remember why I had that), and then this morning I was able to earn enough to replace my exotic but power-less gloves. And those Flame Legion runes have saved me hours of farming and/or tons of gold. I'd still like to slot Scholar at some point, but in the meantime, I'm not going to object to the savings.

Anyone that joined guild this year, never experienced the previous Halloween events?
I'm pretty sure I bought the game last November, so I missed it. I think the living story was at the plant-tower thing.
I haven't played in a while though, this living story mid-season break was pretty bad for making me want to play.

Guild attendance, overall, is way down.
3-5 people online and repping out of prime time, usually.

I dont see halloween crap and s2 making a big impact, given the truckload of other releases during the last three months of the year.

I dont see halloween crap and s2 making a big impact, given the truckload of other releases during the last three months of the year.

If they don't announce an expansion soon i am probably done with this game.

Hedge

If they don't announce an expansion soon i am probably done with this game.

I stopped playing a month or so ago, because I had an assignment that required my time. Once I got out of the "I need to do my dailies"-mentality I had, I had no motivation to log back in. Played all the classes, played all the races, no gold to buy a precursor and with 3k hours played I still haven't had one drop for me. All in all, I just feel as if I've done what I can with GW2.

The story won't do much for me if they don't add something to shake up the gameplay, which for me means new weapons, new professions or new races. Something fundamental, and not one utility skill or a story bit I can play for two hours and be done with.

I really, really wish it wouldn't be so, because I loved my time with it. Alas.

Spyware

I realise I'm really easy to please since I don't need... anything. I'm happy with the game as it is and I've played near 2700 hours. I've leveled more characters than most here (probably) but I've never done a dungeon (beside story mode AC), I've never seen a guild mission and I have not finished my personal story on any character.

Of course new professions, new races, new weapons, new zones and so on would be fun, but I don't need them to find the game fun. I still love running around in this world doing the same events, hearts and so on...

Even if the game never evolved more from here I would see it as one of my fav games ever and keep playing it. It will tho, and it will become even better :D

I stopped playing a month or so ago, because I had an assignment that required my time. Once I got out of the "I need to do my dailies"-mentality I had, I had no motivation to log back in. Played all the classes, played all the races, no gold to buy a precursor and with 3k hours played I still haven't had one drop for me. All in all, I just feel as if I've done what I can with GW2.

That's why making people log to perma-unlock the LS was such a smart move. Shitty though that thing may be, it was new, and that brought loads of people back.

Even if the game never evolved more from here I would see it as one of my fav games ever and keep playing it. It will tho, and it will become even better :D

Not if they keep adding more "you gotta be this tall to ride" bullshit.

Retro

Yep, it's a shame they'll lose their raid slots, are wasting their subscriptions, are going to have outdated gear, are gonna be behind on their daily rep grinds, are letting all of their friends down, etc.

Commenting on attendance for Guild Wars 2 is like commenting how no one else is playing Mario. It's just not the kind of game you have to treat like a second job or you're missing out or falling behind. The only ones being negatively affected by any kind of attendance shortfall are the dungeon runners, and LFG fills that need well enough.

New weapons types / pairings, classes, races, zones, story updates, features, etc. are all awesome things and I don't begrudge anyone waiting until they're added (though I'd suggest they at least log in for the free Living Story episodes, even if they don't play them right away).

I'm basically starting a second 'series' of characters now and still finding places / events I haven't seen before, or haven't seen in a while or am seeing in a new light. I'm having fun, and when I'm not I'll take a break and play something else. That's how video games worked until sub-based MMOs came along, remember?

Not if they keep adding more "you gotta be this tall to ride" bullshit.

What's this now? You mean the level 80 requirement for the Living Story, or is there something I'm missing?

Commenting on attendance for Guild Wars 2 is like commenting how no one else is playing Mario. It's just not the kind of game you have to treat like a second job or you're missing out or falling behind. The only ones being negatively affected by any kind of attendance shortfall are the dungeon runners, and LFG fills that need well enough.

Not really. I used to spend more time logged and repping because i liked reading people discussing crap on gchat. Now, when I play during the day, there is no point, so I end up repping something else. It negatively affected me solely due to the social aspect.

Im a social butterfly and shit.

What's this now? You mean the level 80 requirement for the Living Story, or is there something I'm missing?
Having to jump through hoops to unlock traits. The "no good reason whatsoever to do it" way they now handle weapon and ability unlocks". Moving PS into X0 chunks (although this one is pretty minor, and it kinda makes it take longer for the trahearne crap to start, so it is probably a net positive). And yes, the L80 req for LS.

The first two gated gameplay variety (one fortunately only on a mildly short term basis, alas, flames and hands) because reasons. The last one... eh.

Shanlei91

Not really. I used to spend more time logged and repping because i liked reading people discussing crap on gchat. Now, when I play during the day, there is no point, so I end up repping something else. It negatively affected me solely due to the social aspect.

Sounds like the guild needs a hero to step up - a shining beacon of light willing to promote guild chat and bring back everyone. Someone willing to go beyond the boundaries of normal discourse and bring us into an everlasting era of prosperity and guild attendance.

The hero we deserve...

Hey as of tonight me and Roxie has started a new thing for Gaf guild. Some of you guys missed out on it but you won't miss it anymore because now everyone will know about it. I even made a banner for you guys to use on the front page.

x2999v7d8dpg5p66g.jpg

Guys I think we are slowly bringing the guild back to life.

This thread is like SBI WvW, dead at NA prime time, booming during SEA/EU times.

Earlier this week I made a Charr warrior and got him to 80. I've been making my way through the story and working on map completion when I need a break from it. I'm really enjoying this class. I started out with a Guardian as my main character (Joe Shlabotnik) and had tried all of the other classes, except warrior, but none of them really stuck. I mean, they were fun but I always deleted them because I couldn't see sticking with them. I had avoided warrior because of how similar they are to Guardian and wanted something different as a second character to focus on. But I finally gave in and am wondering why I waited so long.

I think dual wielding axes is my favorite setup, and from what I've read it's not ideal, but man is it so much fun to use. I've been avoiding the greatsword because I got bored with using it on my Guardian and it's nice to have a lot of other options when it comes to weapons. Oh, and I love being able to finally use the shield and have it feel useful! There's almost no point in using it on Guardian.

I'm going to give the other classes more chances because I'd like to have a caster character at some point.

Anyway, I've been quiet in chat lately and haven't posted much in here so I figured I'd ramble a bit. Looking forward to the Halloween stuff since I've never done it before.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fuck me!

Stop playing it. I hear the game sucks from all the gaming podcasts.
sucks so hard we just hit OT8

:-/ I'm sorry your experience was negatively affected, but if another guild is better suited to your desires there's nothing wrong with repping them instead. there have been ebbs and flows of attendance before and we couldn't control anything of the sort if we wanted to, which we don't. I personally will definitely be spending a lot more time in-game when S2 resumes, and just as I am thankful to the guild for allowing me to play the game as much or as little as I choose at a given time, we will never come close to insisting on a particular activity level or needing to rep a certain amount while logged in.

The story won't do much for me if they don't add something to shake up the gameplay, which for me means new weapons, new professions or new races. Something fundamental, and not one utility skill or a story bit I can play for two hours and be done with.

I really, really wish it wouldn't be so, because I loved my time with it. Alas.
Yeah, just take a break until the things you care about are added (new weapons being the likeliest candidate to hit first). 3k hours is a lot of hours and it's definitely not worth trying to convince yourself to keep playing if there's nothing of immediate interest to you.
Btw, I just got my 18th character to level 80. Wooh!
Dyes look awesome. congrats!

edit: hyped for my second home, the Clock Tower, to return :D

My advice is : pick whatever you like for a setup .

If that setup is not the Meta , then screw the meta .

That's the plan! When I feel like doing dungeons I'll probably try out whatever the meta is to see how smoother it feels compared to what I'm doing now.

Plus it's not like you're trying to make a rifle & bow Warrior. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, not yet, anyway. :p

I do like using the rifle and it's nice the warrior holds it like a rifle and not a shotgun.

Shanlei91

Well, not yet, anyway. :p

I do like using the rifle and it's nice the warrior holds it like a rifle and not a shotgun.

Their rifle and bow attack animations are actually the best of the class offerings. Plus, fire-bow!

sucks so hard we just hit OT8

They're just a talkative bunch.

there have been ebbs and flows of attendance before and we couldn't control anything of the sort if we wanted to, which we don't.

Could just have Kos message all ex members lying to them about new dragons.

Retro

Having to jump through hoops to unlock traits. The "no good reason whatsoever to do it" way they now handle weapon and ability unlocks". Moving PS into X0 chunks (although this one is pretty minor, and it kinda makes it take longer for the trahearne crap to start, so it is probably a net positive). And yes, the L80 req for LS.

The first two gated gameplay variety (one fortunately only on a mildly short term basis, alas, flames and hands) because reasons. The last one... eh.

I'm with you on traits. I've never liked them, even before the game launched, and I'm not fond of the unlocking process now (nor the pace at which you unlock trait points).

The weapon and ability unlocks are a tad slow for my tastes, but I get why they changed it and it wasn't a problem for me after an hour of play. Downed skills and underwater combat were more problematic for me (underwater weapons should just be treated as weapons). Personal Story unlocks set at every 10 levels means the weird difficulty spikes are gone and it feels similar to the "Seasonal" approach the Living Story is taking.

As for the Level 80 requirement for the Living Story, people demanded more endgame stuff, built for 80s. Now that we're getting that, the "What do you mean I have to be 80?!" pushback has been kind of amusing. Leveling in GW2 is almost too fast, so I don't really have any problem with the Living Story being set at max level (and since it's permanent, it's not like you can 'miss' it now too).

And as I mentioned in Guild Chat last night, the best solution in my mind would have been to go without character levels, but it's too late to change that.

Holy crap. Do you have multiple accounts, or is there no limit to the number of extra slots you can buy?

Xeris, that's your cue!

My advice is : pick whatever you like for a setup .

If that setup is not the Meta , then screw the meta .

This, this, a thousand times this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom