• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got you two. Just log in the game, hit G then "Accept" and don't forget to click on "Represent"!

Thanks, we're both in now!

The OP mentions Saturday dungeon runs, are those still going on? Running dungeons was always my favorite part of WoW and I enjoyed what little I was able to do on GW2 with the small group of friends I had who played (getting an adult, working, married life schedule to match with a college student schedule is hard). Once I get the hang of using a controller and remember how to play my character, I'll definitely be looking to do some of that.

On that note, my main and only 80 is an Ele with a D/D cantrip build, but I don't mind switching and learning something else if there's a different build/role/whatever that will work better with dungeons. Any suggestions?

Thanks, we're both in now!

The OP mentions Saturday dungeon runs, are those still going on? Running dungeons was always my favorite part of WoW and I enjoyed what little I was able to do on GW2 with the small group of friends I had who played (getting an adult, working, married life schedule to match with a college student schedule is hard). Once I get the hang of using a controller and remember how to play my character, I'll definitely be looking to do some of that.

On that note, my main and only 80 is an Ele with a D/D cantrip build, but I don't mind switching and learning something else if there's a different build/role/whatever that will work better with dungeons. Any suggestions?

Eh, just ask in gchat and people will probably join you for runs, regardless of time.
Isn't DD Cantrips more of a pvp spec? I prefer firecamping staff, meself. I should probably stop being lazy and finally learn scepdag lh or dagfoc >_>.

For gaf runs, any spec you wanna play is fine.

Isn't DD Cantrips more of a pvp spec? I prefer firecamping staff, meself. Should probably stop being lazy and finally learn scepdag lh.

It might be, but heck if I know, it's been so long since I played. I'll look into those other two, though, see if either of them sound like fun.

Thanks!

Retro

Out of curiosity , why did GAf guild na choose SBI as their main server ? was it basically just luck of the draw ?

Also in hindsight , would you have chosen a different server ?

The officers and guild leaders basically had a big discussion where we looked at each server and tried to narrow it down. One of the big things we tried to avoid was landing on a server with other large communities (Something Awful, Penny Arcade, Reddit, etc.) because that would increase WvW queues and such.

I believe Jira was the first to suggest SBI, and then by process of elimination we got it down to everyone voting for their top 3 choices and SBI ended up being on everyone's list. It actually worked out really well because SBI has a ton of developers, a strong sense of community, etc.

To avoid Titan Alliance.

Yeah, that was a concern too. Not only did we want to avoid large communities, but also the bandwagoning that occurs. For example, WoW's Kel'Thuzad server always had queues, not just because that's where Something Awful played, but because everyone wanted to play with Something Awful.

Anyone here tempted to try WoW again? I'm on the fence. There's a content drought in Gw2 but i don't know if i can justify a subscription fee for WoW. What to do.

Wait a week for Halloween, then wait 2 weeks for the second half of Season 2. That's not even a full month of subscription you'd get out of it, to say nothing of the fact that you'd have a LOT of catching up to do. A lot of games just came out, you could always play those in the meantime.

I can't go back to WoW. I'd wonder where the dodge button is, why everything moves so slow, why the screen is so cluttered, etc. etc. and probably spend a year just trying to catch up to everyone so I can spend time keeping up with everyone for the privilege of keeping up with everyone forever.

I probably should fix that, those haven't happened in a while. But as Corio mentioned, just asking in Guild chat will usually fill a dungeon group.

Edit:
Forgot to mention;
My tag is Durviener.9157

Definitely need help running explorables. Randoms get me nowhere.

Katoki got you earlier, hit "Represent" in the guild window when you're on next.

Mxrz

I think I own more outfits than armor skins now.

*Derp. Seems I was wrong. These minis don't do the mystic forge thing. Purchase away. Woot.

Oh geez. Lichfit is awful on female Asura.

Finally uninstalled the game. So happy right now.

Even when i took 6 months off the game was never uninstall, GW1 i left for 2 years before i return to max out my HoM for GW2 game was installed all that time, when i get bored with games i like i never uninstall them, Torchlight 1 is my longest record currently install haven't played it in 4 years lol..

Moondrop

Banned
Even when i took 6 months off the game was never uninstall, GW1 i left for 2 years before i return to max out my HoM for GW2 game was installed all that time, when i get bored with games i like i never uninstall them, Torchlight 1 is my longest record currently install haven't played it in 4 years lol..
Of couse, uninstalling is only for when you have a problem and you need to restrain yourself. And I'm not judging; I've been there myself: Civ 2, MH3, Civ 4... Uninstalling demonstrates the opposite of boredom.

5il3nc3r

I'm playing ArcheAge and good god is it fun.

Yeah, I've seen you at the Archeage thread, i'm playing that as well. Love doing the trade runs and just sailing. Which server are you on?

Wait a week for Halloween, then wait 2 weeks for the second half of Season 2. That's not even a full month of subscription you'd get out of it, to say nothing of the fact that you'd have a LOT of catching up to do. A lot of games just came out, you could always play those in the meantime.

I can't go back to WoW. I'd wonder where the dodge button is, why everything moves so slow, why the screen is so cluttered, etc. etc. and probably spend a year just trying to catch up to everyone so I can spend time keeping up with everyone for the privilege of keeping up with everyone forever.

You're probably right i do have a huge backlog to go through. I still think WoW is a great game though and i might try it again when Warlords of Draenor hits.

Anyway i think i'll be taking a long break from GW2 as well, maybe pop in once in a while to do some WvW. It's weird, i have never been really into WvW but having quite a lot of fun lately. It's a shame i started so late though, i really wanted to fight some of you guys at SBI.

Ashodin

I'm on Ezi server (east faction)

Fiancee and I have two farms, a house (with fish!), a boat, a farm cart, donkeys... we're living the good life.

Just the other night someone was getting ganked and then turned their eye toward my fiancee.... which we promptly stomped him (he was even 5 levels higher than us)!

After they shat all over Planetary Annihilation, wouldn't get too excited about any game coming from Uber.

FUCKwhat? 1.4 million? Bwhahahaha, it aint ever reaching the target.

I actually expected a game about human resources from hell featuring Squidmonsters when i read that title ;___;

Well, after reading up a bit, I decided to go Scepter/Dagger on my Ele. Dropped a couple good on mats and crafted the Berserker's exotic, now I just need to learn how to play this thing. Any recommendations of good places to go to practice a new rotation?

Heart of the Mists. Indestructible Golem.

You can use Superior Runes of the Flame Legion instead of scholar's or strength, btw. They cost peanuts and work out to the equivalent of 60% scholar uptime, +-

Heart of the Mists. Indestructible Golem.

You can use Superior Runes of the Flame Legion instead of scholar's or strength, btw. They cost peanuts and work out to the equivalent of 60% scholar uptime, +-

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

And cheap runes would be nice. I've got a tailor, so I was planning on farming the lodestones for Scholar, but Flame Legion will work nicely in the meantime, especially since my armor is hardly optimal. Need to work on crafting a full Berserker's set (or getting lucky drops) first. Thanks!

Could always just run EoTM on an alt for badges of honor. Alt takes the xp, main uses the badges.

Considerably cheaper than crafting too.

Interesting, I didn't know about that. And the armor set looks cool, too. Will the fact that my highest level alt is level 22 significantly impair my progress? I assume I still get scaled up to 80, but I don't remember what affect that has on loot.

Interesting, I didn't know about that. And the armor set looks cool, too. Will the fact that my highest level alt is level 22 significantly impair my progress? I assume I still get scaled up to 80, but I don't remember what affect that has on loot.

It is probably better. You'll get level adjusted loot, and mid tier mats sell for good money. Carry a shitload of salvage kits, tho.

Only thing that is reduced is karma gains, but who cares about karma? Badges are random fixed and XP is percentage of level based.

It is probably better. You'll get level adjusted loot, and mid tier mats sell for good money. Carry a shitload of salvage kits, tho.

Only thing that is reduced is karma gains, but who cares about karma? Badges are random fixed and XP is percentage of level based.

Excellent, and my wife will be pleased, too, since she really likes WvW. Any organized guild stuff I should know about, or just give a shout in guild chat when I'm going in?

No guild groups for eotm. You could try to start some, but i can't imagine it being very popular. 80s go to WvW proper for their mass pvp needs.

Oh and btw, in EotM, the more AoE, the better.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I wish MH axe on Ranger was better. MH sword locking you into place is a death trap against certain bosses unless you're clairvoyant and can time the 3 skill perfectly. "25 stacks of might on my pet...OKAY...I have 100 more dps!"

Wouldnt be so bad if MH sword 2 didn't take five bloody years to trigger.

I counted.

And i dunno, mate. A buffed panther chewing on a target is pretty damn close to 1k dps.

That's, like, two whole PP thieves.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
man lend me thine ears guild, car broke down with the battery light on so it went to pep boys for their systems check
needed a new alternator and battery, but my tire treads were totally uneven and the front right one was close to bald
they're not as good with pricing for tires so it went to tires plus (know guys decently well at both these places), needed all four replaced so they did that, but in installing them noted both my front and rear brake pads were thin. the rear cylinders were actually leaking, and the front axle was like two months away from cracking
so that's an unexpected $1800 in the hole over two days
if I had known about the $1000 before spending the first $800 i'd have just bought a new shitty car.

sigh.

Shanlei91

:( On the bright side, you just made me appreciate mass transit even more.

Wouldnt be so bad if MH sword 2 didn't take five bloody years to trigger.

I counted.

And i dunno, mate. A buffed panther chewing on a target is pretty damn close to 1k dps.

That's, like, two whole PP thieves.

You should post your findings on reddit.

Really hard to go from Mesmer sword that can cancel out of attacks instantly to Ranger sword that is a ballet act with a queue. I think I'm just gonna roll with main hand axe in melee range and hope no one ever notices until the faithful day when a mob with reflect slaps me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:( On the bright side, you just made me appreciate mass transit even more.
yeahhh I wish that were viable here. stupid lack of funding grrr.
Really hard to go from Mesmer sword that can cancel out of attacks instantly to Ranger sword that is a ballet act with a queue. I think I'm just gonna roll with main hand axe in melee range and hope no one ever notices until the faithful day when a mob with reflect slaps me.
mesmer and ele controls really kinda ruin me for casters in other games, I really enjoy them both at a mechanical level

Shanlei91

Funny how people take Leng Jai (Adriaaa) seriously.

51yryhLxWjL._SY300_.jpg

yeahhh I wish that were viable here. stupid lack of funding grrr.

mesmer and ele controls really kinda ruin me for casters in other games, I really enjoy them both at a mechanical level

Don't think I can ever deal with channeling spells again.

Shiokazu

Well, after reading up a bit, I decided to go Scepter/Dagger on my Ele. Dropped a couple good on mats and crafted the Berserker's exotic, now I just need to learn how to play this thing. Any recommendations of good places to go to practice a new rotation?

go orr, try to pick on the real big monsters, fight champions alone.

if you really want to master it, you need to push yourself to the limits.

( it does not help you on PVP, but sure give you knowledge on your tools. besides it feels good to accomplish beating those monsters DOWN. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom