• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro

Man my ISP was shit yesterday. It took literally 6 hours to download the update (average 50kbps). I should have started it Tuesday but was busy. So I should have time to play today...and already be way behind everyone...

Taffer

Here's a comparison of dyes on Carapace and Luminous.
It has a distinctive blue glow.

I did a quick preview of the shoulders when I got them and threw them straight in the bank until I see the rest of the outfit or realise I hate some shoulders currently equipped on someone. Now I see the giant butterfly and I want the giant butterfly.

Incentive to buy bag slots for people who didn't get the salvage-o-matic?

I like to think they bank on people's inventory woes. I had two rows of nonsense during all of Halloween.

While that could very well be true, and is such a plainly cynical view it warms my heart, if that were their goal they'd never have added the token wallet in the first place.

Which, of course, brings us to the point that they *really* should've already made all of that halloween crap, queen blitz badges, and bandit crests/keys be stored in the wallet. I mean, for fuck's sake.

Halloween, at least, was TP'able. The rest is account bound, so there really is no point besides "lewlz, buy moar bagz".

5 locked chests right outside it, i guess. People constantly popping shovels there, doing the wall reconstruct event for badges, buying more keys and popping more chests.

spiritfox

I feel like Silverwastes is close to what a raid in GW2 should be. Just make it instanced for a smaller group of 15 to 20 people, more focused goals, and after achieving the goals, activating a mini World Boss as the final boss.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So will anyone be available to group with me tonight around 7 to just do a crash course on the whole silverwastes map?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
While that could very well be true, and is such a plainly cynical view it warms my heart, if that were their goal they'd never have added the token wallet in the first place.

Which, of course, brings us to the point that they *really* should've already made all of that halloween crap, queen blitz badges, and bandit crests/keys be stored in the wallet. I mean, for fuck's sake.

Halloween, at least, was TP'able. The rest is account bound, so there really is no point besides "lewlz, buy moar bagz".

Inventory was bonkers prior to the token wallet. All bag slots unlocked, 20 slot bags and 2/3rd of my inventory was tokens because I was running multiple dungeons back to back. They gave us the wallet but introduced more currencies and other materials that take up space. Bloodstone dust. Everywhere. Blue and green items were added the value of "can be broken down into magic find" to give them a purpose for staying in the game, otherwise we would all be rolling our eyes when we get them.

Rather than a massive solution to the problem, they consistently give short term sporadic fixes for inventory issues / dumps of these influx items (gobbler, maudrey, infinite harvesting tools). A magic wand could be waved that stores it all into a pocket dimension, but I've been convinced since day one that inventory management is where they make a lot of money. It's the one gem shop item other than character slot that is a necessity and not a luxury. And if you have multiple characters you are going to need to keep getting bag slots.

The thing is... you don't.

Blues/Greens/Containers are so abundant that even with max bags you'd still have to stop, open crap, vendor grays, salvage 99% of what you get, vendor green runes/sigils, and the like. All that changes is for how long you'll do it. The more bags you have, the longer it'll take at once. If you've less bag slots, you'll simply have to do it more often, but for less time.

The argument for greens and blues being a source of %mf is equally meaningless, given that the bags could just, yknow, give raw luck and mats. Instead they prefer this "buy salvage kit, click on 25 shit items, deposit collectibles, vendor minor sigils/runes" loop which is just shitty busywork and adds nothing of value to the experience. Then there are the dungeon pouches. Why make the bosses drop unstackable token pouches? What is the fucking point? Just make the badges straight lootable from the boss's corpse, ffs. Same goes for the 2-3s money pouches. None of those things are avoidable with moar bags, all they'd do is prolong how long you'd have to do it once you finally hit capacity.

As for the ascended bloodstone and dragonite crap, i just started throwing those away once i hit 100 bricks of each >___>

Oh yeah, since we bitching about QoL improvements that they should've implemented ages ago, they should also move on already and make refinement available in bursts of 5/10/25/50/100 or whatever. Can't see what is the benefit of clicking "craft all" on a stack of mithril and alt-tabbing or pulling your phone out until the damn thing is done.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
The argument for greens and blues being a source of %mf is equally meaningless, given that the bags could just, yknow, give raw luck and mats. Instead they prefer this "buy salvage kit, click on 25 shit items, deposit collectibles, vendor minor sigils/runes" loop which is just shitty busywork and adds nothing of value to the experience.

You just outlined the heart and soul of the MMO genre.

Shiokazu

i dont have problems with the inventory. but then, im not the best player to say anything, i dont have any item that is cool or sort of stuff like that.

i tend to destroy loads of items because they take space.

You just outlined the heart and soul of the MMO genre.

Which is exactly the thing that gw2 originally set out to change.

disappointed-cat.PNG

Which is exactly the thing that gw2 originally set out to change.
I think we're waaaaay past that original concept.

They've been going all around with their design decisions since launch.
(casual one day, grindy the next, back to casual afterwards, grindy again)

edit: and the addition of Ascended stuff was a big FU in a way. I know some GAF like it, but still.

Shiokazu

i heard that ascended were added because people wanted fucking grind.
( as if dungeon tokens werent enough already, not to say other mystic forge stuff)

i wish instead of grind, we got stuff trough challenges. like, to get lich set you'd have to fight lich bosses in mini dungeons, or even open world events.

just like in queensdale where you get that 6-slot orange bag.

i wish instead of grind, we got stuff trough challenges. like, to get lich set you'd have to fight lich bosses in mini dungeons, or even open world events.

They've started to move in that direction with the ascended stuff you can get from completing LS cheevos.

Levyne

Banned
Geodes and Crests should really be wallet items. I mean why not? We'd expect any new (lol) dungeon currency to be wallet-able so why not the zone currency?

Taffer

We can tell Colin that he better fix it or we won't play with him anymore.

I once got a "We'll fix that" from Colin after I forgot he was in the party when I was fucking around in chat with Soph at 3wurm. It's not fixed and I haven't played with Colin for ages.
Go to Plan B.

Imo they'll fuck around with Destiny's Edge, trying to make those asshats more interesting. Seen nods in that direction with Caithe going harsh as fuck, which hints at a corruption and possible redemption arc, and now Blyndlok.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Geodes and Crests should really be wallet items. I mean why not? We'd expect any new (lol) dungeon currency to be wallet-able so why not the zone currency?
This is already a very highly upvoted reddit post and I agree
sOvN8sz.png

top comment mentioning "geodes etc." too. If the interface needs to be fixed the item could still be abstracted out (i.e., who cares how many you have until you're looking at the vendor to spend them?)
You have my greatsword!
cool alright, we can figure stuff out on our own if necessary

ah point of no return is the next release it seems

On a thread about leaks from the chinese version

GaileGray 77 pontos 1 dia atrás

We want to warn our fans that these are massive spoilers. We apologize that the information is out there. It was released without our approval by our publisher in China. Not surprisingly, the information made it to the West almost instantaneously.

Spoilers spoil things. If you read these now, you won't get to experience them fresh in the game when you play the release on Tuesday. We hope you'll wait for Tuesday.

Retro

Newest 80! Pistol/Shield/Elixir Gun Engineer. Was pretty fun to level. I like Elixir Gun's 4th skill a lot.

A couple traits for Elixir Gun also boost Flamethrower, just FYI. I thought that was kind of cool that I could swap over to a support role quickly without any major retraiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom