• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this patch remove the legendary weapon switch bug/glitch/trick whatever it was it's gone now, for those who don't know what it is, lets say you had Sunrise, press 1 to swing, then switch weapon, and equip a new weapon, right away you would see some of the Sunrise effects around your body but you don't have Sunrise equipped...

Retro

Ike and I have come to the conclusion that the Skritt are up to something in the Silverwastes. There's one dropping bottles on people at the camp, one that digs out of the ground in front of a ledge (which you can see some weird windmill structures behind) in the SW corner, four of them walking in circles around a dead giant in the NE corner, and tons of conveniently-placed skritt burrows throughout the zone (boarded up though).

Pretty sure that village behind the gate in the NE corner is skritt-related too.

Yeah... up to no good.

lets say you had Sunrise, press 1 to swing, then switch weapon, and quip a new weapon, right away you would see some of the Sunrise effects around your body but you don't have Sunrise quipped...

The fact that one of the legendaries is named "Quip" made this sentence harder to read than it should have been
JUWnj.gif

Ashodin

Ike and I have come to the conclusion that the Skritt are up to something in the Silverwastes. There's one dropping bottles on people at the camp, one that digs out of the ground in front of a ledge (which you can see some weird windmill structures behind) in the SW corner, four of them walking in circles around a dead giant in the NE corner, and tons of conveniently-placed skritt burrows throughout the zone (boarded up though).

Pretty sure that village behind the gate in the NE corner is skritt-related too.

Yeah... up to no good.

The fact that one of the legendaries is named "Quip" made this sentence harder to read than it should have been
JUWnj.gif

I bet the tunnels in the area are related.

spiritfox

Skritt playable confirmed.

Can we have the Silverwaste event on Saturday before guild missions instead? Sunday is a bad time for me.

Spyware

Lovely little GW1 reference with Abaddon there...

/dance! I just had to try. Didn't think anything would happen since it took some time but then I got downed <3
I got served!

5il3nc3r

I'm loving this patch. So it is confirmed that we are back to the 2 week schedule and that we have only 3 more updates till the end of the season?

Retro

Update Notes:
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a client crash.
  • Fixed a potential crash when opening the Living World unlock chest.
  • Fixed an issue in which players who paid to safely enter a bandit camp in the Silverwastes were attackable by normal players.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Imbued Firefly Luminescence to be created multiple times.
  • Fixed an issue in which the Not Under My Command achievement was incorrectly tracking the survival of Caithe’s squad, as opposed to the player’s.
  • Fixed an issue in which party members would not receive mail immediately upon accepting credit for the completion of “Caithe’s Reconnaissance Squad.”

I thought having that PVP element was intentional. Huh.

Levyne

Banned
Looks like the Imbued firefly thing and that one "Not Under My Command" achievement were fixed.

Also, being able to attack the other players was apparently a bug :eek:

Might as well just screencap..

CFZ5Uyh.png

Edit: RETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pls

Mxrz

Hah. So no pvpve. Well, maybe someday.

Was thinking about it today. Silver Wastes is the kind of "end game" content I like. Big, difficult zone of people doing many things together. Anyone can come and go as they like.

Also for the hammering ANet has taken this summer on various things, they really deserve to be equally praised. Too bad the biggest complainers are no where to be found when good stuff rolls in. There won't be any kotaku articles about how happy folks are, I'm sure.

Anyway. highfive an ANet employee if you see them. They deserve it.

Levyne

Banned
Note that the pollen cloud thing still says disabled to me. So they must have fixed (or partially fixed) the problem but haven't re-enabled yet.

Retro

So, my theory on where the The Silverwastes are headed. No story spoilers, just zone stuff, but I'm tagging it just in case people haven't been there yet;

I think they're going to do a "Reverse Dry-top"; instead of getting the whole zone in bite-sized chunks over several updates, we got most of the zone all at once. Each week we're going to grow more 'established' in the Silverwastes; waypoints will be established, Mordrem attacks will become less frequent, etc. We'll probably see Camp Resolve transform from a slapdash airship hanger to a massive, Fort Trinity-like command hub (the workers are already there working on it).

We'll also make inroads into places we currently can't access, like the large sections to the west, the area with the wind turbines in the southwest, the gated camp in the northeast and possibly the underground regions.

We know that the current setup will have to be dialed back as players abandon the zone for whatever comes next, whether it's a week or a month or whatever. Otherwise that zone would always be a clusterfuck and no one will be able to make any progress in it when it's just a few dozen players. Rather than scale it back, it makes more sense to have the "Warzone" element dialed back a bit. That way players who come later can still get rewards and progress through the zone without it being a constant battle.

Edit: RETROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pls

JUWnj.gif

Spyware

Was pleasantly surprised to see Dry Top activity being pretty high. Got to Tier 4 often at least. Without being coordinated at all too and with lots of new people inthe zone. Was there to grab chests mostly so didn't even help out much.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So is the only collectible item in Silverwastes the Carapace Armor, and only shoulder is available for now? Or am I missing anything else?

Ashodin

Too bad, you missed out on the precursor drops. They just patched it out from the mode.

Lies, I know exactly what was in and what wasn't, and people were MAAAAAAAAAAAAD when they added Pact weapons later.

VzbtXpA.png

Also holy shit I know where the new weapon design comes from, the Glory of Tyria is exactly the same.

Retro

So is the only collectible item in Silverwastes the Carapace Armor, and only shoulder is available for now? Or am I missing anything else?

There's some items you can from the vendors; an endless dust mite tonic, the new Sinister stat distribution's crafting recipes, an item to start a collection for bandit-themed weapons. But yeah, the big thing is the Carapace Armor at the moment, and so far only the shoulders. I'd expect more in the next update.

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah, this is my first time replaying a story

Will I be able to pick a specific "point" in the story? Since I don't want to redo the whole thing if I miss an achievement.

There's some items you can from the vendors; an endless dust mite tonic, the new Sinister stat distribution's crafting recipes, an item to start a collection for bandit-themed weapons. But yeah, the big thing is the Carapace Armor at the moment, and so far only the shoulders. I'd expect more in the next update.

And the luminiscent shoulders, almost forgot about that

Retro

I just want more airships, and not the boring ones from ARAH. The loading screen lied to me.

The Glory of Tyria (the Pact flagship) is hanging out over Camp Resolve. Probably serving as a command ship until the camp is established. Which is actually happening with all the welding going on. There's a tower going up with an elevator too (can't get onto it though).

I'm near the shortest height for a human in the game yes

The next stop is a tall Asura.

Oh yeah, this is my first time replaying a story

Will I be able to pick a specific "point" in the story? Since I don't want to redo the whole thing if I miss an achievement.

Yep. Once you restart the Episode, not only will the green star appear on your map, but purple ones for individual chapters will appear as well. You can pick whichever chapter you want, in whatever order you want (So, for example, if you wanted to browse a certain repository of lore, you can jump straight to that).

And the luminiscent shoulders, almost forgot about that

Yeah, but the method to unlock those is still disabled for some reason. Not sure why.

what do you mean?

Same skin, it just glows.

spiritfox

The Glory of Tyria (the Pact flagship) is hanging out over Camp Resolve. Probably serving as a command ship until the camp is established. Which is actually happening with all the welding going on. There's a tower going up with an elevator too (can't get onto it though).

The next stop is a tall Asura.

Yep. Once you restart the Episode, not only will the green star appear on your map, but purple ones for individual chapters will appear as well. You can pick whichever chapter you want, in whatever order you want (So, for example, if you wanted to browse a certain repository of lore, you can jump straight to that).

Yeah, but the method to unlock those is still disabled for some reason. Not sure why.

Same skin, it just glows.

Yeah, I want to RIDE airships, not gaze at it from afar.

Boss Doggie

Ahh cool, this makes achievement doing easier then. Thanks!

Wait, even if you complete the collection it wouldn't do anything?

Retro

Here's a comparison of dyes on Carapace and Luminous.

It has a distinctive blue glow.

Yeah, I want to RIDE airships, not gaze at it from afar.

Arah story, or maybe we'll head up there for a future conversation with Trehearne.

I look forward to Celestial gouging the eyes of my victims

That's celestial in the first pairings above. Not THAT bad.

Ahh cool, this makes achievement doing easier then. Thanks!

Wait, even if you complete the collection it wouldn't do anything?

There's Clouds of Luminous Spores down in the Breach pits, but when you try to interact with them it says "This content is currently disabled," Not sure why.

Edit:
According to Dulfy, it isn't disabled anymore:
Firefly Luminescence can be obtained from the dynamic event called Give Firefly Luminesence to Warden Annwyn that occurs in the Verdence area of Caledon Forest. If this event is not running, just stand by the Warden and wait.

Once you have the Firefly Luminesence, go to Silverwastes and go to the Blue Oasis fort. Keep progressing the meta event until it is at The Breach stage and then jump into the big hole that opens in the ground.

Inside you will find Luminescent Pollen Cloud that allow you to imbue it to make the Imbued Firefly Luminescence. (this stage is no longer disabled)

So I guess we can make Luminesent Shoulders. Gotta do all the story achievements though, which is no easy task.

Boss Doggie

Yeah, I just finished achievements. Actually wasn't too bad, only thing annoying was the "use the red color" only. So annoying.

Welp, time to buy 3 more of those organ suckers and wait for boss. There usually aren't any "organized maps" in LFG right?

Retro

I think as long as you're in a Silverwaste that isn't just farming Amber, you should be okay. Maybe things go to hell in the off hours, not sure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Was nice when the patch hit to be left in an empty map, free to roam and take pics without so much chaos.
Me gusta.

Today, around 7pm eastern, I'd love if anyone would be willing to group up with me in the Silverwastes and show me the ropes so that I have a solid idea how to lead going into sunday. I roamed solo a bit yesterday and had a ton of fun but didn't quite get the flow of the map, let alone the boss mechanics (and we WILL be taking those bosses down). Is anyone who has spent some time in there willing? I'll be on for about 2 hours.
Skritt playable confirmed.

Can we have the Silverwaste event on Saturday before guild missions instead? Sunday is a bad time for me.
The official event this time will be on Sunday, sorry. However, you guys should feel free to get stuff going in the Silverwastes before 9 on Saturday if you want, or somebody else wants to step up to lead. I'll get online as early in the night as possible and see what's up.

Bummed that people can't be bandits! They really need to bring back the "Shatterer attacks Plains" event where it split everyone up into factions at the end of that one BWE

X gives quite a bit of loot.

Too bad most of it sucks. =P

Quality of loot is often closely related to quantity.

Anet's fascination with bags and salvaging to this very day has me completely befuddled, tho. Move on already, no one cares, nor will they ever care, for blue and green loot.
In the other zones you had some excuse, but in a level 80 zone where mobs are obviously balanced around yellow and up? What's the point?

Was nice when the patch hit to be left in an empty map, free to roam and take pics without so much chaos.

Me gusta.

Today, around 7pm eastern, I'd love if anyone would be willing to group up with me in the Silverwastes and show me the ropes so that I have a solid idea how to lead going into sunday. I roamed solo a bit yesterday and had a ton of fun but didn't quite get the flow of the map, let alone the boss mechanics (and we WILL be taking those bosses down). Is anyone who has spent some time in there willing? I'll be on for about 2 hours.

The official event this time will be on Sunday, sorry. However, you guys should feel free to get stuff going in the Silverwastes before 9 on Saturday if you want, or somebody else wants to step up to lead. I'll get online as early in the night as possible and see what's up.

Bummed that people can't be bandits! They really need to bring back the "Shatterer attacks Plains" event where it split everyone up into factions at the end of that one BWE

I doubt I'll get a chance to be online by that time but two people I know have been spending lots of time in that map are Retro and Ike so hopefully one of those two can go on this date with you tonight.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Quality of loot is often closely related to quantity.

Anet's fascination with bags and salvaging to this very day has me completely befuddled, tho. Move on already, no one cares, nor will they ever care, for blue and green loot.
In the other zones you had some excuse, but in a level 80 zone where mobs are obviously balanced around yellow and up? What's the point?

Incentive to buy bag slots for people who didn't get the salvage-o-matic?

I like to think they bank on people's inventory woes. I had two rows of nonsense during all of Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom