• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraXzy

Yeah, that's what China got. I dunno that it's better, but it's pretty cool too.

I prefer the original one but it is pretty cool. It looks better in the first shot with the moody lighting than it probably would on a shelf.

Guild Missions tomorrow! Eeee! We need to have a guild photo so that I am in one! And also, Hawk get your butt in gear, I want to gamble away my money on the lottery.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I prefer the original one but it is pretty cool. It looks better in the first shot with the moody lighting than it probably would on a shelf.

Guild Missions tomorrow! Eeee! We need to have a guild photo so that I am in one! And also, Hawk get your butt in gear, I want to gamble away my money on the lottery.

I second this. The last group photo I have of GAF is from quite a while ago.
OdZjFgu.jpg

nataku

I like the one we got more more. The China one doesn't look too much like Rytlock. Could just be bad pictures, though.

I recently came across the GW2 music box that was apparently something they were going to put in the CE, but they opted for the Rytlock statue instead. I'm not sure if it was posted here before or not. It would have been really nice to get one.

VandalD

I'm having a hard time choosing between ranger and engineer as a new player. I want to like engineer, but they seem like they're just more work to get the same thing done, whereas ranger makes me feel like I'm playing easy mode, with the pet taking most of the hits and me not having to really learn to dodge that much. No idea how either one would play in a proper group. With the engineer I just try to do the explosion thing that gives might when around a big group of people. That seems helpful.

I never got a guild invite. Do I have to be guesting and online on Stormbluff Isle for it to be sent to me? Also, is there a way to search for an officer online besides adding all of them to my friends list? Haven't found a /who function or a way to search guilds. I'm VandalD.9823.

I'm having a hard time choosing between ranger and engineer as a new player. I want to like engineer, but they seem like they're just more work to get the same thing done, whereas ranger makes me feel like I'm playing easy mode, with the pet taking most of the hits and me not having to really learn to dodge that much. No idea how either one would play in a proper group. With the engineer I just try to do the explosion thing that gives might when around a big group of people. That seems helpful.

I never got a guild invite. Do I have to be guesting and online on Stormbluff Isle for it to be sent to me? Also, is there a way to search for an officer online besides adding all of them to my friends list? Haven't found a /who function or a way to search guilds. I'm VandalD.9823.

Sorry, I totally forgot to add you last time. I just logged in and sent the invite.

I suggest you stick with Engineer because I play and engineer. You get way more respect as an engi rather than a ranger.

Once you accept the invite make sure to press the "Represent" button in the guild window so you can see the guild chat.

VandalD

Sorry, I totally forgot to add you last time. I just logged in and sent the invite.

I suggest you stick with Engineer because I play and engineer. You get way more respect as an engi rather than a ranger.

Once you accept the invite make sure to press the "Represent" button in the guild window so you can see the guild chat.
Thanks for the invite! Starting to see why it was suggested for me to change servers though. Seems I only earn and gain benefits on my home server (Gate of Madness) even when I'm guesting, and can't see missions if there are any. I can see why this makes sense for the game, but it's a bit of a bummer. At least you can be in multiple guilds.

Guys I haven't played in about a year or so! I was in the GAF guild at the time. Probably got culled.

Anyways I think I logged on a month or so ago and I was still in.

Either way.

I really want to start playing again for season 2. Where is the best place to start? What is everyone currently doing / working on?

I really want to start playing again for season 2. Where is the best place to start? What is everyone currently doing / working on?

Right now people are enjoying the Festival of the Four Winds and the Crown Pavilion, as that's the "active" content right now. The Festival and Pavilion give Favours which can be exchanged for past Living World rewards. The meta is pretty easy to finish, and gives you an item needed to get one of the new rewards, like a Panda Mini (which is adorable).

Living World season 2 only starts July 1st, so there is time to finish up loose ends (like levelling up to 80, getting all exotics or ascended, etc). There isn't any one main focus for people right now, since it's a kind of calm before the story. So finishing your Personal Story, exploring the dungeons, or perhaps doing 100% World Exploration, are decent goals to have if you've not done them already.

In other news, I'm getting a bit worried. Still haven't gotten my WvW Season 2 reward chest. And judging by the forums, it's a widespread issue that they are aware of.

Engineers start a bit slow, but get better as you unlock skills and traits, and once you get over their learning curve.

Rangers are a bit easier to pick up and play, and IMHO, better for solo content.

Flame and Frost dyes are back on the BLTC... Get your glacial sky dye while it's cheap.

In other news, I finally got grandmaster in all of the current crafting disciplines. Now I await ascended cooking and jewel crafting.

Right now people are enjoying the Festival of the Four Winds and the Crown Pavilion, as that's the "active" content right now. The Festival and Pavilion give Favours which can be exchanged for past Living World rewards. The meta is pretty easy to finish, and gives you an item needed to get one of the new rewards, like a Panda Mini (which is adorable).

Living World season 2 only starts July 1st, so there is time to finish up loose ends (like levelling up to 80, getting all exotics or ascended, etc). There isn't any one main focus for people right now, since it's a kind of calm before the story. So finishing your Personal Story, exploring the dungeons, or perhaps doing 100% World Exploration, are decent goals to have if you've not done them already.

Hey thanks for this!

Thorgal

Hey thanks for this!

On Saturday nights (9PM EST) GAF Guild also does the full compliment of guild missions, like puzzle, rush, bounty and challenge. Those are a lot of fun to join in on.

What Miktar said above .

Also if your interested the guild is going to try the blitz arena this Saturday evening (8PM EST) in Divinity's reach :

Offseason Event #4.10 - GAF Boss Blitz - Saturday 5/31 at 7:30PM EDT

Time for GAF to run the table in the Crown Pavilion! We're going to assemble for, coordinate, and run as many Boss Blitzes as possible in the hour(ish!) before our weekly guild mission frenzy. We'll split the guild up and tackle every boss at the same time while keeping each other updated on the status of the fight. Feel free to read up on the bosses a little bit beforehand if you like (though it's not required to participate). Please do come on Mumble for instructions and tips even if you don't have a mic!

• Officers that can attend (and anyone else that wishes to help organize), let's find our map and start putting the strategy together at 7:15PM.
  • If you've got a commander tag, bring the character that has it to the Pavilion
  • The key to making the even as easy as possible is whittling the bosses down to kill them at about the same time. The longer that any boss is alive after any others die, longer the total event goes by a considerable amount. Be ready to back off damage if you hear calls for it in Mumble!
  • Instructions will be in Mumble and map chat rather than guild chat. We want not just to succeed on our own but do our best to guide any random players present to success as well and help them improve for future encounters.
  • Please do not feel pressured to attend if you do not enjoy the Boss Blitz event or are interested primarily in the associated rewards. We don't know how many people we'll have to work with or how the rest of the map will do at first. Our goal isn't to farm this (though we'll certainly go for as many golds as we can by 9:00!) but to do it, and failure is not out of the question. ;) As in all content of this nature, it's about herding cats- our first couple attempts may be frustrating!
  • General strategy: those with tags will post up at each gate entrance and we'll shuffle people around to have a roughly equal number at each. Kuraii, Boom-Boom and Sparcus benefit from having the fewest. Frequently call out boss percentages in map chat and adjust your DPS to keep things as equal as possible. Boom-Boom should be more or less the first to die.
Hope to see you there!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wooo that was fun, got continuous gold and occasional silver!

Also thank goodness I didn't buy mats yet. Apparently the Sclerite Karka Shell you get from tokens cannot be upgraded... despite its description saying so.

BraXzy

I opened my WvW chest before.. is any of it random or is it all pre-determined? I think I got a couple rare trash, some boosters and 350 WvW ticket things. I didn't have any time to give it a proper look so, how much are things that you can buy with them?

Moondrop

Banned
In other news, I'm getting a bit worried. Still haven't gotten my WvW Season 2 reward chest. And judging by the forums, it's a widespread issue that they are aware of.
I'm in the boat too, Miktar.

The disturbing part about that thread is not how deep the problem is, but rather that Anet apparently gave up on rewarding all those who missed their WvW Season 1 chests.

Retro

If they made precursors craftable will precursors become cheaper?

There'd be less demand from the average player, but considering the average player can't afford the asking price on the TP, I don't know that it would make a difference.

The best way to handle precursor crafting is to make it a big, involved quest that takes you all over the world for rare, exclusive materials. If it's just "8000 Orichalcum", that's easier to do but boring as hell. Legendary weapons should feel legendary.

Seems I only earn and gain benefits on my home server (Gate of Madness) even when I'm guesting, and can't see missions if there are any. I can see why this makes sense for the game, but it's a bit of a bummer. At least you can be in multiple guilds.

The buffs aren't so important that you need to transfer, and they've said guilds will be going region-wide eventually, so that'll be fixed (and knowing ArenaNet, sooner rather than later). There wouldn't be any missions running except on Saturday (at 9pm Eastern) and Sundays (at 3pm Eastern). Guesting will work for missions so you're good.

If you have an 80 wearing rare or exotic weapons, you're done already. Certainly you could spend some time in the Pavilion or Bazaar; you probably missed a bunch of Living Story rewards that you can pick up now for Festival Tokens if you want them (it depends on what you want your character to look like, you may find nothing you like or many things). There have been a ton of quality of life changes while you were away (Wallet, wardrobe, account-wide magic find, etc.).

if you're not 80, the new zone they'll be adding will either be low level (it would connect to level 15-30 zones), and they always upscale players to 80 for new content anyways.

BraXzy

The best way to handle precursor crafting is to make it a big, involved quest that takes you all over the world for rare, exclusive materials. If it's just "8000 Orichalcum", that's easier to do but boring as hell. Legendary weapons should feel legendary.

This made me think of the suggestion to have an achievement to walk from one side of the map to the other. Imagine if the requirements for crafting were to get X, Y and Z rare materials, and you required to get all three, and would only be on the map so long as you walked. So if you pick up X, Y becomes available but if you fast travel it disappears and you have to start at X again. Tie it in with a bit of interesting lore and you have an epic feeling quest

I've said it a few times near launch when I played most, but I still believe completing the personal storyline should've rewarded a single, souldbound precursor of your choice. They kinda dropped the ball on the Zhaitan story reward (and fight!).

Retro

I've said it a few times near launch when I played most, but I still believe completing the personal storyline should've rewarded a single, souldbound precursor of your choice. They kinda dropped the ball on the Zhaitan story reward (and fight!).

Or an item used to forge a pre-cursor, at the very least. So, for example, Personal Story Item + Map Completion item + whatever = precursor. Getting one should involve all parts of the game, or a lot of luck. The latter is all we have to work with now.

Or an item used to forge a pre-cursor, at the very least. So, for example, Personal Story Item + Map Completion item + whatever = precursor. Getting one should involve all parts of the game, or a lot of luck. The latter is all we have to work with now.

map completion is already used for the lengendary gift, no need to make a player do that twice.

How about these:

Unforged gift of ___ (crafted by 500 crafting for the precursor your trying to make)
Gift of Legend: obtained by killing KQ, Teq, and Triple worm. need items from each.
Gift of Renown: purchased for 200L + 1 million karma
Gift of the Pact: obtained for completing personal story.

Combine them all for a precursor.

Retro

map completion is already used for the lengendary gift, no need to make a player do that twice..

No no, I meant that if they had intended for precursor crafting from the beginning, the Gift of Exploration would have been a requirement in addition to an item you obtained from completing the PS. I'm not suggesting you need it twice.

To use your example, a Gift of the Pact + Gift of Exploration + Unforged Gift of ______ + whatever = precursor.

I can't say I like the idea of tying it to specific events like Taco or wurm, as sometimes those can be hit or miss depending on your schedule or server. Maybe that could exist as an easier, alternative way of getting an item, but it shouldn't be the only way.

Granadier

Excited for guild missions and blitzes tonight!

Stayed up waaaaaaaay too late last night though.

Thank you to Zed, the master harpist, for entertaining us for hours. And to the role players in LA, who decided to play out a soap opera with /emote. You made a lot of people angry, but you never gave up. /salute.
tybalt back > all other backs

Engineers are a unique thing. My first character was an engineer and I loved him. Then I got to level ~30 and he started to slow down. At the time I lost patience and made a guardian, which ended up being my first 80, but now I have gone back to my engineer. He's 70 now, and will be 80 soon.
There is something about them that makes them a lot of fun in my opinion. There are so many options and ways for them to be played. It really keeps things interesting once you get higher in the levels. Also there are traits that help out once you can unlock them.

If you are feeling down about the engineer I'd recommend going into the mists and trying out sPvP with them. You'll have all the traits/skills unlocked so you can mess around with them and see what they can really do before leveling yours up.

BraXzy

Excited for guild missions and blitzes tonight!

Stayed up waaaaaaaay too late last night though.

Me too. I keep thinking the Saturday missions take place at the same as Sunday ones, which for me is 8PM. Thankfully it's not so I should make it tonight :D

Granadier

Workout for Guild Mission Success by Ashodin

"Guaranteed to lead your Guild to victory, or your money back." -ArenaNet Weekly

"I started this workout recently. My guild used to fail worse than Logan Thackeray attempting to save someone. Now we succeed every week. I owe Ashodin my life" -Anonymous customer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom