• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Eh. They'll go down in price (until near event ends). You have lots of time.

Alternatively
original.gif

The recipes are already around 8-10g.

So far we've got 9 people in for the Secret Santa exchange:

appletoasty (me!)
Kos Luftar
Miktar
pickles (Callunah)
retro
TechWolf
Dosuchin (Mecca Lecca Hi)
Frecklestein (Rufus)
Hawkian

I'll be bugging people about it a bit more in game before and during guild missions, if you already gave me your account name and email but you're not on the list there, let me know =)

Moondrop

Banned
How do you run spirit ranger anyway?
Settler amulet, sword/torch & shortbow, stone/sun/elite spirits. That's my version, not the meta.

Missle block works fine though. Took down bearbows using d/d cele with ring of earth and interrupts.
Yeah interrupts occurred to me, but I usually have just the one on my warrior. I may shake up my warrior though now that they say shouts are viable again.

Mxrz

Zerk ranger gets surprisingly easy wins in unranked. I'm only in the wolf-ranks, so probably not playing the best players or anything. But longbow has pretty much everything on it, poke, burst, escape, knockback, aoe. Metabattle guardians don't bother with WoR, and most people don't bother dodging through rapid fire. Hrm.

Thinking I'll save my Ultimate Reward thingy till towards the end. See if I can get a breather out of a wintersday gift first.

I ain't opening any more of those except four daily. So messy.

I opened close to 7000 gifts. And then I had to open the unsafe/clothes/bottle boxes, sigil/rune bags, throw away worthless recipes and harvesting tools, salvage the beautiful clothes into ugly, and use all the luck. There's probably more I'm forgetting.

I only spent 45g in the end, and I got the breather, all of the endless tonic recipes, the random infinite tonic, Ho-Ho Tron, the normal and red unbreakable bell instruments, and enough luck to go from 174% MF to 181%. I got lucky with extra recipe, Ho-Ho Tron, and instrument drops, so I got to sell those back on the TP. Got lots of silk, linen, and cotton to sell too, along with tons of snowflakes.

Minamu

bought a copy of the game for my girl today, Gamestop had it for a bit less than what the digital heroic version is available for. Seemed risky to wait for an online deal so close to Xmas and me going away over the holidays.

Wanderer5

Think I join in on the secret santa event. I made a space in the guild list so I can get invited to the gaf guild too in order to do this I guess.:p

Grimm Steelclock - lordphantomhive.1256

Retro

bought a copy of the game for my girl today, Gamestop had it for a bit less than what the digital heroic version is available for. Seemed risky to wait for an online deal so close to Xmas and me going away over the holidays.

Pretty sure Gamestop had it for $20, which is about as low as GW2 has ever gotten. I don't think it'll go much lower than that, so you're good.

Think I join in on the secret santa event. I made a space in the guild list so I can get invited to the gaf guild too in order to do this I guess.:p

Grimm Steelclock - lordphantomhive.1256

Done, welcome to GAFGuild.

Damn, because of Wintersday my Royal Terrace Pass is no longer the quick load into a services area it used to be. Might have to switch to going to Rata Sum instead.

1000 Giant Wintersday Gifts later:

1 x Mini Ho Ho Tron

Derp.

2000 gifts later, still nothing. Bleh.

Moondrop

Banned
2000 gifts later, still nothing. Bleh.

Just grind earn it in PvP like the rest of us. I'm 80% after 24 hours. And I've gained an appreciation for the appeal of turret engis.

Also Ninja I had no idea ele dagger has a projectile block on a 6 second CD. Given that it's on their condi attunement as well, I can imagine that would give bearbows fits.

Moondrop

Banned
Not in the mood for PvP. I'd rather spend 100g and click open boxes, than play PvP right now. That's just how I am - I'm either into it, or not.
I totally hear you, PvP is completely different from PvE in that way. Either you're of a mind to crack skulls or not. I haven't been recently, but it appears my bloodlust is back. Unfortunately I'm going away from my GW2 PC for the holidays. Perhaps I'll push more guild PvP stuff in 2015. Gotta love voting on the map, even if no one else votes for Kyhlo. QQ

I totally hear you, PvP is completely different from PvE in that way. Either you're of a mind to crack skulls or not. I haven't been recently, but it appears my bloodlust is back. Unfortunately I'm going away from my GW2 PC for the holidays. Perhaps I'll push more guild PvP stuff in 2015. Gotta love voting on the map, even if no one else votes for Kyhlo. QQ

Ironic: When I play and Courtyard and Kyhlo appear, Kyhlo wins 99% of the time. :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Soo I'm at a Christmas party and there's just absolutely no chance I make it back in time for missions. :( Sorry! Hope a couple of officers are on hand.

Attendees can still buy lotto tickets tonight after missions as always, but let's do the drawing at makeups tomorrow.

Ashodin

Soo I'm at a Christmas party and there's just absolutely no chance I make it back in time for missions. :( Sorry! Hope a couple of officers are on hand.

Attendees can still buy lotto tickets tonight after missions as always, but let's do the drawing at makeups tomorrow.

Or guild leaders!

Moondrop

Banned
I like Spirit Watch.
It's a broken mechanic. It's rather arbitrary which skills work and don't whilst carrying the orb, leading to insane class imbalances for orb running. That's why it's out of the Ranked rotation.

But the real problem is that strategy is divisive, leading too often to dropouts and terrible matches. If we were voting just on topography, Spirit Watch would be top tier.

Last call for Secret Santa entries! Send me a message with your in game name and preferably email, if you're not comfortable with that no problem just let me know! I'll be doing the matching tomorrow whenever I wake up (~9 hours from this post).

EDIT: Current list of people participating:

appletoasty (me!)
Kos
Miktar
Callunah
Retro
TechWolf
Dosuchin
Rufus
Hawkian
lordphantomhive
DrAvvoh

If you think you entered but your name is not on this list please let me know!

Wanderer5

The hell, I don't know why I can't do crap in the bell choir now. I can't seem to hit the notes most of the time.:/ Feel like there some slight lag input or something.

Edit: well somehow did it right after that lol. Finished the meta now, so Wintersday is done.

Secret Santa emails have just been sent! Check the emails you gave to me for your recipient :D

If you did not receive an email and you are part of the exchange, please let me know!

Retro

Yeah, I got mine too. Hard part now is trying to think of something to get that person when I have no idea what they might have already. Hmmm...

Yeah, I got mine too. Hard part now is trying to think of something to get that person when I have no idea what they might have already. Hmmm...

I find it helps to be prudent: get something that, if they do already have it, they can still just sell it for the gold.

Retro

Nice Makeup missions, folks. This is our last mission before Christmas, so happy holidays to everyone!

I find it helps to be prudent: get something that, if they do already have it, they can still just sell it for the gold.

Yep, I'm leaning toward a few of the various rarer dyes, which would be something they could resell, but... in the spirit of the season I'd rather it be something they really enjoy and want to use rather than something they basically return for cash.

Oh well, thought that counts, right?

Retro

Remember: makeover Kits make a wonderful gift too, as they are always welcome and are a polite way of saying "your character is really fucking ugly."

xeris

Nice Makeup missions, folks. This is our last mission before Christmas, so happy holidays to everyone!

Yep, I'm leaning toward a few of the various rarer dyes, which would be something they could resell, but... in the spirit of the season I'd rather it be something they really enjoy and want to use rather than something they basically return for cash.

Oh well, thought that counts, right?

I thought returning stuff for cash WAS the spirit of the season.

Thorgal

One thing that always amazed me with this game is how much work was put in the underwater scenery .

Usually underwater areas are the same copy pasted terrain all over the place , but guild wars lake and seafloor's are unique everywhere you look .

Retro

I feel like Underwater combat is really only 'there' for a few classes (Warrior, Engineer, Thief) and really hit or miss with the others. That's really the only thing keeping me from wishing we'd get full or predominantly underwater zones.

I feel like Underwater combat is really only 'there' for a few classes (Warrior, Engineer, Thief) and really hit or miss with the others. That's really the only thing keeping me from wishing we'd get full or predominantly underwater zones.

Agreed, and it's a pity. There are areas, like the massive ocean section of Straights of Devestation, that is amazing - but the combination of weak underwater professions + Risen crowd control stuff, makes it so people avoid the area generally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom