• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT4| The only subscription you need is this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morokh

Saw someone with the ghost pup mini today. Also found Marvin the Martian. Sorry for the crappy image

I have a screenshot lying around from this summer with this little guy.

pVq7eK1.jpg

I asked for some gem cards for Christmas and apparently they're impossible to find in Canada? EB Games doesn't sell them anymore, neither does Best Buy. Canada pls... how am I supposed to throw money at this game if I can't make other people throw money for me

Levyne

Banned
They've been hard to find in the US too, even online. Amazon's listing is price inflated. Best buy's website seems to have them at correct price, but they look like physically shipped cards. Unfortunately I don't know about Canada.

Quenk

I asked for some gem cards for Christmas and apparently they're impossible to find in Canada? EB Games doesn't sell them anymore, neither does Best Buy. Canada pls... how am I supposed to throw money at this game if I can't make other people throw money for me

I think I've seen them at Target before. I might be wrong though.

Retro

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, GAFalonians.

We're definitely a pretty casual guild and the sheer volume of players we have (not to mention the players who've since left) makes it a little hard sometimes to single out individuals. In the spirit of the season, I just wanted to say I'm glad I get to play with all of the awesome folks who make up this guild. I'm terrible with names and multiple character names doesn't help, but I hope nobody feels ignored or that they're not a part of the group, because you guys are awesome. Not to mention you make it so easy to manage things (seriously, do you guys know what a headache it is to run an MMO guild where everyone is an asshole, rather than just Kos?).

So... yeah. Here's to a great 2015 together, to future friends, present members and past comrades who have yet to return.

Callunah

Neo Member
Merry Christmas GAF!!! (and especially you, Kos!) You all make this game fun and worth the log in every day. Ive enjoyed the past year with you all, and look forward to more fun stuffs!

I singled you out Kos, not cuz you're a pain in my butt (cuz sometimes you are), but cuz I appreciate you so very much. You've helped me survive some of the crappiest parts of the past year. Thank you.

Now, stop being a MooseTurd. =)

Merry Christmas GAF!!! (and especially you, Kos!) You all make this game fun and worth the log in every day. Ive enjoyed the past year with you all, and look forward to more fun stuffs!

I singled you out Kos, not cuz you're a pain in my butt (cuz sometimes you are), but cuz I appreciate you so very much. You've helped me survive some of the crappiest parts of the past year. Thank you.

Now, stop being a MooseTurd. =)
I can't help my MooseTurdyness and you helped me as well. Thank you.

Thanks Mik.
I hoped someone in GAF would get a Christmas card because of our "connections" but alas it wasn't meant to be, maybe next year.

Levyne

Banned
Hey GAF guild.

Thanks to friends old:

Hawkian - It was fun to meet you in person this year, even only briefly :)
Retro - For being flexible wrt my real life drama earlier and being consistently even-keeled
Kos - For taking the teases like a champ
Taffer - I wouldn't party with any other necro

and New:

Zeroth - For always being chummy with everyone
Thorgal - Great screenshots and helpful attitude
Braxxy - For being a giant goofball (come back, man!)
Miktar - you always see the good in every moment of drama
Ike - way to carry gaf on your back

for making a part of my 2014 really enjoyable.

If I didn't list you I just need to get to know you better :) or I forgot

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Glad tidings all around GAFGuild! Merrrrrry christmas

edit: That was fun Levyne :D Hope to make it back to ATL soony

Ike - way to carry gaf on your back

I got mentioned by name. I feel so special. <3

GAFGuild has given me some of my happiest memories this year, and I made a lot of new friends, so thank you all, and Merry Christmas!

For making my time in the game so memorable, extra special thanks go to the GAFractals/Arah super team members: Miktar, the Engineer with the endless gadgets, turrets, and toolkits; Taffer, the Necro who puts the fear of death into all of our foes; Levyne, the Ranger who traded his pet bear for a legendary; Moondrop, the Warrior who always makes you feel better with a shout; and Zeroth, my long-time Guardian friend who got me into the guild and who has been there with me for all of the toughest challenges in the game, dropping Wall of Reflection and tanking all of the hits so I can breeze through fights completely unscathed. I view each of you as close friends, and paragons of your professions, so here's hoping ANet one day finally adds a challenge worthy of your tremendous skills.

And, of course, extra extra special thanks to Emitan, the centaur-loving lady of many alts, for being there with me from the very first moment I stepped into Shaemoor, adventuring with me across all of Tyria. Without her, I never would have started the game!

I love you guys more than baked soda,
I cherish you guys more than cherry flavored aspirin,
I kahuna matata you more than buddha at a poetry inprov
I mamma mia you more than drained ocean water.

happy cultist leader death day my beautiful beansprouts. american pie mongers.

Emitan

And, of course, extra extra special thanks to Emitan, the centaur-loving lady of many alts, for being there with me from the very first moment I stepped into Shaemoor, adventuring with me across all of Tyria. Without her, I never would have started the game!

Aaaahhhhhh thank you so much :)

Thanks for always being willing to help me out, and give me advice. And adventure with me.

Also special shoutouts to Zeroth, Levyne, Miktar, Hawkian Retro, Callunah, and everyone else who makes this guild so wonderful to be in :)

Retro

Merry Christmas everyone! Don't forget to take a shot at me when your saying how awesome the guild is!!

Oh please, you've been playing up the "grumpy dick" bit for ages, no sense in getting crappy at us now for playing along. Merry Christmas, ya goofy tool.
JUWnj.gif

Retro - For being flexible wrt my real life drama earlier and being consistently even-keeled

Ha! Hawkian is the level-headed one. The only way I'm really consistent is that I'm consistently awful. But thanks. It's been good having you back.

I love you guys more than baked soda,
I cherish you guys more than cherry flavored aspirin,
I kahuna matata you more than buddha at a poetry inprov
I mamma mia you more than drained ocean water.

happy cultist leader death day my beautiful beansprouts. american pie mongers.

XpjhBtm.gif

Also special shoutouts to Zeroth, Levyne, Miktar, Hawkian Retro, Callunah, and everyone else who makes this guild so wonderful to be in :)

We really just make sure missions and makeups get done, buffs get started (Actually, Hythloday does that all by herself) and occasionally sort out guild drama (like, maybe once a month at most). The people who deserve the credit for the guild's continued success are the members who are always respectful, helpful and friendly. Seriously, I can count the number of warnings we've had to give on my hands, over two years that's insane considering what some of us dealt with in other MMOs.

Wanderer5

Merry christmas folks.:)

Probably be sending out my secret santa gift tonight or tomorrow, cause I might not make it to the missions on sat.

Taffer

Merry Christmas reprobates and Kos! I was going to buy some minis but blew all my gold on crap instead. Then I watched Scrooged and felt bad.

Merry Christmas everyone. I feel so grateful and unbelievably lucky to have stumbled into the guild. Before I joined I was just about ready to leave the game after a few bad experiences with PUGs, but you guys have been amazingly patient with me. I felt like a deer in the headlights for the first few dungeons/guild missions but I feel good enough now to relax and enjoy it. You're not bad company either, there's always someone to chat with in guild chat and I've made a few good friends.

Thanks very much for these past few months, I hope to enjoy many more :D

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is the GafGuild still active? I went to the website on the OP and it's just a forum with 8 posts.

Do you guys still do rounds and events? Me and my friends (around 6 in total) all bought the game on the last sale and they want to join a Guild, but they're not MMO Veterans and I'm looking for a somewhat active guild that's pro-noobs.

Is the GafGuild still active? I went to the website on the OP and it's just a forum with 8 posts.

Do you guys still do rounds and events? Me and my friends (around 6 in total) all bought the game on the last sale and they want to join a Guild, but they're not MMO Veterans and I'm looking for a somewhat active guild that's pro-noobs.

Yup. The site just isn't used, someone might want to update those links. You won't find a better guild - just post your username.numbers and we'll throw you invites.

Retro

Our site has been down for a bit after our previous host tried to completely screw us over, and we just threw up the current one while we decided whether it was worth having a site at all since NeoGAF seems to cover our needs.

Guild is still very much alive, active and new-player friendly. Post their account names (name.####) and we'll get everyone in asap.

Thorgal

The gaf guild is still very much kicking although iirc most of Guild stuff happens in this OT and the website fell by the wayside ( retro probably knows more about it )

We still do every week guild missions but everything we do is voluntary so we never hold to a strict shedule someone should follow .

Also yes this guild is very much Noob friendly .

If youre friends are from EU like me i would recommend them to pick an NA server .
Reason is the EU part of the Guild fell apart long ago and the main guild group now resides on Stormbluf isle server .

Also EU players cannot interact with NA players save for Guild chat .

If they are interested in joining the guild post your and your friends account name : ex Thorgal.4689 in here and one of the guild officers will sent an invite to them .

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Thanks for all the quick replies!

If youre friends are from EU like me i would recommend them to pick an NA server .
Reason is the EU part of the Guild fell apart long ago and the main guild group now resides on Stormbluf isle server .

Also EU players cannot interact with NA players save for Guild chat .

If they are interested in joining the guild post your and your friends account name : ex Thorgal.4689 in here and one of the guild officers will sent an invite to them .

We're all Brazilian players, but all of us know english without any issue. I know saying "oh hey we're Brazilians playing a game on the internet" is never the good start of a thing (most Brazilians are idiots on the internet), but those are my over 10 year friends, and they're nice people. :D

We're on Sorrows Furnace (which is an US server), but the "guest" thing makes that not really an issue, right? I didn't even know about that before reading the OP in here, so I'm quite surprised about it and not quite sure how it works.

I already joined the guild (just now) and when they show up, I'll talk to them and see if they want to join.

Thorgal

Thanks for all the quick replies!

We're all Brazilian players, but all of us know english without any issue. I know saying "oh hey we're Brazilians playing a game on the internet" is never the good start of a thing (most Brazilians are idiots on the internet), but those are my over 10 year friends, and they're nice people. :D

We're on Sorrows Furnace (which is an US server), but the "guest" thing makes that not really an issue, right? I didn't even know about that before reading the OP in here, so I'm quite surprised about it and not quite sure how it works.

I already joined the guild (just now) and when they show up, I'll talk to them and see if they want to join.

It is not an issue because of the guest feature so you can do all the stuff with the guild except running WVW but we are not playing that heavily . .

Retro

We have a few Brazilian members already... and Aussies and Spanish and Swedish and Thai and all the hell over the states. The only nationality we have a problem with are Canadians (lulz).

Guesting will handle it until the Megaserver system learns your habits and starts to put you in the same maps as GAFers automatically.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
aw, it's sad that that "Brazilians online suck" stereotype has permeated so deeply :(

Did you post any names to get added yet?
edit: ah, I see you're in at least already.

Because of a complicated "over and underflow" system that puts everyone onto what are called Megaservers, guesting isn't actually necessary at all anymore (I know it's easy to forget). If any of the SF folks get put onto a different map than the rest of us they can just "Join in.." without needing to Guest, and guild credit now works properly regardless of home server.

Tech-Wolf

The only nationality we have a problem with are Canadians (lulz).

What the? Since when has the population shrinked in Canada to only Kos?. you grumpy old asura.

Between, there was prejudice about brazilian online? I never knew about that.

Also welcome to gafguild you are here(and your friend) forever

Retro

What the? Since when has the population shrinked in Canada to only Kos?. you grumpy old asura.

It was a joke, we like everyone, even Canadians.

The only people I absolutely will not under any circumstances allow in the guild are those no good Amish.
JUWnj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom